Search:

SIYE Time:14:59 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


After Ten Years
By I_Luv_Hermione

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Comedy, Drama, Fluff, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Death, Extreme Language, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 33
Summary: It has been ten years since our favorite quartet left Hogwarts. Voldemort is gone, but his followers are still at large and in hiding. Follow Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny as they start their families and live their lives without the worry of the Dark Lord.
Hitcount: Story Total: 30862; Chapter Total: 5016







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


(Five years later)

Gin, where did we hide the streamers?” Harry called to Ginny from the living room as he desperately searched for the parcel of wrapped-up streamers they‘d bought the day before.

“In the closet beside the grandfather clock,” Ginny called from the sitting room. “Hurry Harry, because they’ll be back any time now!”

Ron and Hermione had taken Lily and Lance out to Diagon Alley with Sammy for Florean Fortescue’s ice cream for their birthday and were due back to the house any minute. Harry and Ginny had planned and designed a party for when they returned from the outing and were rushing to finish.

“Oh this is getting me nowhere!” Harry said impatiently as he dove for his wand, desperately looking around for the missing streamers. “Accio streamers!”

Two rolls of streamers flew from the kitchen through the room Ginny was setting up a small picket fence into the living room where Harry was standing.

“Oh, that’s right. I pulled them out and left them on the counter so we‘d know where they were,” Ginny said to herself. “Well, that was a bust…”

“Okay, streamers: check!” Harry said twiddling his wand and watching the streamers fly around the room, dangling themselves from outstretched objects around the wall. “Are we forgetting anything else, Gin?!”

“Is the cake ready in the kitchen?” she replied.

“Think back, Harry remembered summoning the gigantic seven-layer cake and putting the Permanent Cooling Charm on it right before beginning the hunt for the streamers.

“Cake’s all set, hun!” he called to her.

I don’t think so, Harry!” his wife called back. “Oh wait; are the gifts stacked like I asked you to stack them?”

“Yes, dear!” Harry called back as he quickly brandished his wand and made the messy pile of gifts wrapped in blue and pink paper to stack themselves neatly.

“I heard that, Harry Potter!” Ginny yelled from her room.

Harry sighed. It seemed that, back at Hogwarts, it was much easier to get away with things, where there were thousands of underage students, ghosts like Peeves, Filch, and several teachers. Yet now, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t pass one thing under his wife’s nose…but then again, his wife was the brother of Fred and George Weasley, so…

The doorbell chimed, signaling that Ron, Hermione, and the children were home.

“I’m coming, I‘m coming!” Ginny called quickly finishing her work on the room and rushing to the door.

She opened the door to her two beautiful children smiling with sticky ice cream faces.

“Mommy!” Lily cried rushing forward to hug her legs.

“We missed you!” Lance followed.

“Hi babies! How was Fortescue’s Ice Cream Shop with Aunt Hermione and Uncle Ron?” Ginny asked as she cleaned up her children‘s faces with her wand.

“It was fun!” Lily piped up. “Sammy did my hair. See?”

Lily turned her head to reveal her long red hair back and tied in a ponytail.

“That’s beautiful, Lil,” Ginny said. “Your father and I have a surprise for you and your brother!”

“Really; what is it?” Lance asked.

“Close your eyes and hold your sister’s hand,” Ginny instructed her children. Lily, you hold mine.”

“Can I come too?” Sammy asked peeking out from behind Hermione.

“Of course you can Sammy,” Ginny said sweetly. Is it okay with you two?”

“Oh sure!” Hermione said, her arm around Ron‘s waist. We actually need to go to a meeting.”

Well it‘s settled then!” Ginny said. “Sammy, you follow Lance,”

So the chain of people, led by Ginny, made their way to the living room. Ron and Hermione left for the Ministry to see a wizard about S.P.E.W.

Once into the next room, Ginny said, “Alright, kids, open your eyes.”

Lily, Lance, and Sammy opened their eyes and their mouths dropped to the floor (not literally).

The living room was decorated to look like a carnival. Besides the clowns popping in and out of the room, there was a puppet show with a dragon puppet that really breathed fire, a petting zoo with every safe creature that you could think of, a mistress of disguises (who was actually Tonks wearing funny glasses), and Harry sitting on the couch with a pyramid of presents towering behind him.

“Happy birthday, kids!” Harry said sending red and gold sparks into the air with his wand.

“Awesome!” Lance said.

“Ooooooh,” Lily and Sammy said.

“Your friends are on their way,” Ginny said. “They should be here any…”

The doorbell cut Ginny off as she rushed off to answer the front door.

Moments later, ten children filed into the room and stared in awe at what was before them.

“Well, don’t just stand there, children; have at it!” Harry said.

Lily, Sammy, and their friends hurried over to the petting zoo to see the Clabberts and the Mooncalves while the Lance and his posse hurried over to watch the hilarious puppets put on a show.

“Oh good. They seem to be enjoying themselves,” Ginny said standing next to her husband and watching her daughter hug a Mooncalf.

“Of course they are,” Harry said putting an arm around Ginny. “You were the one who came up with the idea.”

The parents smiled at each other as they watched the children laugh and enjoy themselves at the twins’ birthday.

Hours later, Harry and Ginny were cleaning up the trash from the party when Lily and Lance entered the room.

“Mommy, Daddy,” Lily said.

“Yes dears; what is it?” Ginny asked she Vanished a pile of wrapping paper in the corner.

Together, the children said, “Thank you for the awesome party!”

“You are ever so welcome! Happy fifth birthday,” Ginny said.

“Daddy, I have a question,” Lance said stepping forward.

“What is it, son?” Harry asked sitting down on the couch.

“One of my friends kept saying how cool it was that you were my daddy and kept asking me what it was like. Do you know what he meant?” Lance asked.

Harry looked to Ginny, whose eyes had widened slightly at his question.

To cover for the strange silence, he grinned at his son and replied, “That, my little Potters, is a question for another day.”

Reviews 33
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear