Search:

SIYE Time:15:56 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


After Ten Years
By I_Luv_Hermione

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Comedy, Drama, Fluff, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Death, Extreme Language, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 33
Summary: It has been ten years since our favorite quartet left Hogwarts. Voldemort is gone, but his followers are still at large and in hiding. Follow Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny as they start their families and live their lives without the worry of the Dark Lord.
Hitcount: Story Total: 30906; Chapter Total: 4328





Author's Notes:
It's taken me FOREVER to post this chapter I know, but school has consumed the better portion of my time. I have, however, finally posted, so to all I bid you good reading with the humble request of a review or two. And please, any inconsistencies you find are better left ignored, because an author writes what he or she writes.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


[Four Years Later]

Ginny sat on her bed with the late spring sun illuminating the entire room as she gazed through a photo album that was full of pictures from all nine of the twins’ birthdays as well as every happy moment, every laugh, and every memorable moment with the ones she held closest to her heart.

As she came across a particular picture of her daughter giggling at her fourth birthday party, her face covered in chocolate cake, the present-day Lily knocked at her bedroom door.

“Mummy, may I come in?” she asked.

“Of course, dear,” Ginny replied.

As Lily entered and walked towards the bed, Ginny accessed just how much her daughter had grown over the years.

She was no longer her little baby in her arms anymore. She was slowly turning into a mature teenage witch, having asked to pick out her own clothes, to go places by herself, and of course things about dating.

More curious, though, was the fact that she seemed to be taking extra time to close the door, as if she were scared she would break it.

When Lily sat down, Ginny asked, “What’s on your mind, sweetie?”

“Well, do you remember the question Lance asked Dad a few years ago about his past?" Lily replied. "I was wondering if you’d tell me the answer.”

“Of course, but if your brother would like to know as well, he had best start remembering that his father‘s cloak is best used without making a sound,” Ginny said grinning as she turned to face her dresser. “You can come out now, Lance.”

Lance appeared in front of the chest of drawers from under Harry‘s Invisibility Cloak.

“How’d you know I was there?” Lance asked.

Ginny laughed. “After the number of times your father and I snuck around Hogwarts, you tend to pick up the smallest of noises. Now come and sit by your mother.”

Lance crossed the room and sat opposite his sister. He too had started on his path to being as great a wizard as his father, already being able to summon toys from across the yard.

Ginny began telling her two children their father’s legacy as both The Boy Who Lived and The Chosen One, starting with how he’d received his scar (“I always wondered about that!” Lily exclaimed) and later moving on to how he’d learned about Voldemort and his past, how he encountered Voldemort throughout his years at Hogwarts, and how he finally destroyed Voldemort with the very spell that saved him at Voldemort‘s revival.

When she finished, Lance and Lily looked at each other in shock before turning to their mother and yelling, “AWESOME!!”

“Our dad rocks!” Lance said.

“Why didn’t he tell us before?” Lily asked.

“I’m not sure,” Ginny said, wondering her self why Harry had not told this personally. “Why don’t you two go and ask him? He’s in the back fiddling with his broomsticks again.”

In a flash, both children were off the bed and out of the room headed for the backyard, leaving Ginny to return to her pictures and reminisce about her past with Harry.

Once the children reached the backyard, Lance called out, “Dad! We need to ask you about…”

He stopped and looked around. Harry was nowhere to be found.

“Up here, you two!” a familiar voice called from above.

Lily and Lance looked up to see their father zooming in on his Firebolt. He dove down and pulled up into a flip landing.

“Dad, that was amazing!” Lily said as the kids ran up to meet him.

“Thanks, Lil,” Harry said. “Now that I think about it, you two have never flown on a broom before, have you?”

They both shook their head.

“Well, there’s no way the children of Harry Potter, the greatest Seeker to Gryffindor House, are going to have no experience astride a broomstick!” Harry said. “Who wants a fly-around?”

Two hands shot into the air.

“Alright. I think you might want to wait on the Firebolts though; they‘re a little jumpy. No, something slower, maybe,” Harry said before raising his wand. “Accio Nimbus 2000s.”

Two brooms flew into view from the Flying Track and headed towards Harry. Harry dropped his own broom and caught the two as they descended, one in each hand.

“Catch, you two,” Harry said tossing a broom to each of his children before picking his own off of the ground.

They caught the brooms and swung their legs over them.

“First, you pull up on the front of the broom ever-so slightly to lift off of the ground and hold the broom steady to remain airborne just above the ground,” Harry said.

Lily executed this perfectly lifting off of the ground and hovering.

Lance, on the other hand, shot up into the air and started zigzagging all over the place.

“Lance!” Lily screamed, dropping back to the earth.

“I’m on it!” Harry yelled turning around and shooting into the air in a flash, bolting off and heading for Lance, at the same time pulling out his wand and taking aim and the fidgety broom.

“Immobulus!” Harry called firing the Freezing Spell from his wand at Lance.

The broom froze in midair. Harry pulled up to Lance and said, “Howdy, there; need a lift?”

“Ha ha; very funny, Dad," Lance wined, unable to move due to the spell. "Just get me down!”

Harry helped Lance onto his own broom before grabbing the Nimbus 2000 and soaring back down to the ground.

“Are you okay?” Lily asked running up to the landing broomstick, tears apparent from her worry.

“I’m fine, Lil" Lance said. "Thanks for caring though”

Lily pulled Lance a big hug and resumed crying.

“Don’t ever scare me like that again, you hear me?!” she sobbed

“I’ll try my best, sis,” Lance said hugging her back and rubbing her back comforting his sister.

Harry looked to his bedroom window to see Ginny watching the whole fiasco of a broom riding lesson and smiling. Harry knew that they were both thinking the same thing: ‘We’ve done something right with these two.’
Reviews 33
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear