Search:

SIYE Time:14:03 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Rewind The Capture
By Simenco

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor
Warnings: None
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 35
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

When Hagrid delivers Harry to the Dursleys, what would have happened if Dumbledore had taken Harry away without telling anyone.

BETA needed.
Hitcount: Story Total: 7009



Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter.



Author's Notes:
This is my first chapter/story on SIYE, please review all you want, be critical.




ChapterPrinter


Rewind the Capture - Chapter 1


“Fancy seeing you here, Professor McGonagall,” Dumbledore drawled. He turned to smile at the tabby, but it had gone. Instead, he was smiling at a rather severe-looking woman who was wearing square glasses exactly the shape of the markings the cat had had around its eyes. She, too, was wearing a cloak, an emerald one. Her black hair was drawn into a tight bun. She looked distinctly ruffled.

“I was wondering when you were going to turn up Albus.” McGonagall said dryly. “Is it true what they say?”

“By them, I think you mean the entire Wizarding world?” Albus prompted. “It is true; I saw the Potters' house with my own eyes, to think that a single curse could do so much damage.”

Slowly they could hear the gradual building of a droning noise; it was becoming a dull roar. McGonagall slowly drew her wand, still expecting an attack, but Dumbledore raised his hand to put her at ease.

“What is that?” McGonagall more exclaimed than questioned. She could now see a single headlight in the distance in the general direction of the dull roaring noise.

“That Minerva would be Hagrid coming from the task I set him to.” Dumbledore sighed. For he knew the grave circumstances that had befallen the Potter family. Having witnessed the crumbling ruin that their home was now in, first hand, he had been frantic when searching for the bodies of Lily, James, and Harry. He had felt the paramount relief when he had found Harry alive, and was angered at how Lily and James had been killed so ruthlessly.

Off at the distant end of the street Hagrid was on his final approach on an enchanted motorcycle that Sirius Black had all but given to him for the journey to bring Harry to his relatives' home. Touching down he lowered the hulking machine’s gearing into neutral, and then shut off the engine, for he feared in waking the Muggles in the neighborhood.
Lowering the bike on the stand in front of the house, Hagrid slowly walked to the door of the house. He saw the two professors standing there as tears ran slowly down his face, which was changing to and from different expressions.

“He just woke up over Dover’s Hill, Dumbledore, and sir,” Hagrid explained, “I’ve been trying to keep him happy since.” For when Hagrid was paying attention to where he was going after young Harry awoke, the little baby would start balling.

“Thank you Hagrid, you may return to Hogwarts,” Dumbledore said, while a plan was starting to come to his exceptionally brilliant mind. He almost had a plan on how to have Harry raised in a proper Wizarding home, while still away from public attention.

“If I may sir, I have to say goodbye,” Hagrid wailed.

“We only have a few minutes Hagrid, please hurry.” Dumbledore lied, for this was the start of his plan to train the lone Potter throughout his childhood, and maybe have a way of defeating Tom for good. For Tom had not fully retreated into the realm of the dead, he was still among the living with all thanks to some unknown source.

Hagrid bent down and kissed young Harry’s forehead, the toddler giggled because of the whiskers tickling his face. “Be a good lad and grow up nicely,” Hagrid said, not knowing just how good he would grow up.

“Albus, please don’t say we are going to give the Muggles in this house one of our own to corrupt against magic, I have been watching them all day!” McGonagall cried.

“Sorry Minerva, but it is a must that we leave him here to be raised, away from all his fame, and fortune,” Albus lied smoothly. At this Albus laid the parchment, he had made to tell the Dursleys about Harry, and how to treat him equally, but after hearing about how Lily used to talk about her sister, he knew that they would not even try.

Albus rested his hand on McGonagall’s quivering shoulder; it was starting to get harder for him to remain composed and focused on removing Harry from the Dursleys' home. He slowly steered McGonagall and Hagrid towards the street, Hagrid remounting Sirius’s massive bike, started the engine and slowly took off in the direction he came. While McGonagall sharply turned on the spot and, with a soft crack, disappeared.

Making sure Hagrid was indeed in the air, cruising away at a fast clip, Albus slowly made his way back to the doorstep of the Dursleys' house, picked up the sheaf of parchment on the lone Potter, and then set it ablaze. Picking up Harry, Dumbledore made his way slowly back to the end of the street. With a quick click on the put-outer that he had pulled out of his pocket, he walked back to Hogwarts.

*** 1 Year Later ***


Dumbledore was not having a good day. While it had all started with a wildly crying Harry, it has been steadily getting worse since he started trying to potty train the lone Potter.

“Harry, do you have to pee?” Dumbledore asked for the umpteenth time in an hour.

“No” Harry giggled as a pool started forming under his feet. This being the second time in the last hour, Dumbledore sighed, this was starting to test his patience. Taking his wand from his desk, he waved it at the puddle on his office floor, making it disappear.

Harry was confused, he had seen light come out of ‘old man's’ wand before, but never before had he seen the magic while it was traveling to ‘old mans’ wand. It looked funny seeing that worm thing squirming down ‘old man's’ arm. Harry was confused when the worm was changed into light through ‘old mans’ wand, and shot at the pool under his feet, making it vanish.

Dumbledore had seen the thoughtful look that had appeared on Harry’s face, and using legimency, he peeked into the young boy's mind. He was stunned to find Harry pushing at his magic trying to make it perform a cleaning charm, and even more stunned when his hat disappeared.
Reviews 35
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear