Search:

SIYE Time:8:35 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


In The Rain
By irollam

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Other
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 9
Summary: Ginny can't take it anymore. They must be gone... it's been too long....
Hitcount: Story Total: 3793



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Hope you like it!!!!! (a lot)




ChapterPrinter


Lightening shattered the sky, high above the Burrow. Inside, Ginny Weasley sat at the kitchen table, absentmindedly listening to her mother drone on about something or other. Her potatoes were much more interesting.

“… and the Lovegoods should arrive at 7:30, by the way Ginny, Luna told me to tell you that a Spikertress is coming awfully near you. Ginny? Ginny, are you listening to me?”

Ginny slowly glanced at her mother, “Sorry Mum, I’m a bit tired….” Her voice trailed off quietly.

Molly patted her hand, “It’s alright dear, we’ll talk in the morning.”

Ginny walked over to the old blue sofa in the front room. It groaned in complaint when she collapsed onto it. After a few moments, she sat up and turned around.

Her brown eyes glazed over as she stretched out a pale hand to rest on the ice-cold window behind her.

She stared out the window, into the rain. The wind was fierce, shredding her mother’s prized petunias. A sigh tore through her lips.

Two years...

She had told herself that he was just taking his time, she shouldn’t worry.
How many times could she lie to herself?
If he, they, weren’t back by now…maybe they weren’t coming back.

“Ginny, dear?” her mother, standing behind her, gazed at her only daughter.

There was no reply.

Her mother turned and walked silently up the stairs.

Ginny sat there, not thinking about anything, trying to forget her life for a moment.

The silent girl slowly stood, grabbing her cloak and walking to the door. She needed to disappear, if only for a while.

Turning the doorknob, she stepped into the freezing cold rain.

Ginny began walking, walking down the path, away from the place where she had spent her childhood. The path was mud from the result of the rain and her shoes sunk deeply with every step.

Suddenly, she stopped. The enormity that she may never see her best friends had finally become too much.

She tore off her cloak, throwing it on the ground. She fell next to it and tore her shoes off. Then she stood up and began to run. Mud squished between her bare toes, but she didn’t care.

If she ran fast enough, maybe she could run away from her life.

The little girl in her began to sob. Tears mixed with raindrops blinded her.

She felt so many feelings at once.
Anger, at herself for giving up, also at them because they weren’t there.
Hopelessness, because they might be dead.
Also had a crazy feeling, which she just couldn’t hold in anymore.
Most of all, she felt desperation.
The feeling you get when you realize something is true even when you don’t want it to be.

As she ran past a tree, an extending root tripped her. She landed face-first in the mud. Ginny crawled over to a nearby tree; there she sat, hugging her legs to her body. A single tear slid through the mud, caked on her face.

“Harry…I…need you.”

The girl sat there, beneath a tree, covered in mud, without shoes or a coat. All around her, the rain poured down.

“Harry,” she croaked again, “Harry, Harry, oh Harry.”

Closing her eyes, she began to rock, back and forth whispering his name to herself.

Suddenly Ginny sat up. “What am I doing?” she voiced aloud, “Here I am, sniveling in the mud. I am stronger than this.”

Her voice became louder, “Harry IS alive, and so are Ron and Hermione.”

“They will come back and I will be ready to welcome them. What would Harry think of me, bawling my eyes out during a silly rainstorm?”

“He would be surprised that you kept your feelings in this long.” Ginny sat up; it wasn’t her that had said that.

She scrambled up and threw herself on the person lurking behind the tree.

“Ahh, I’m being attacked by a fiery redhead!” Harry called out in mock horror.

“Harry! You’re back!” Ginny screamed and jumped on him again, hugging him so tightly that he could barely take in air.

“What happened to you? Where are Ron and Hermione?”

Harry laughed, a cold hollow laugh, “What happened to me? I was searching. Searching for Voldemort, for Death Eaters,” he drew in a deep breath, “the “Final Battle” wasn’t really a battle. It was just him and me.”

Ginny grabbed his hand in hers, “It’s alright, you don’t have to talk about it yet.”

They smiled at each other. Harry went on, “The thing that kept me going was you. There was a moment when I thought I would die. I looked up at Voldemort sneering face and thought, what would Ginny think of me? Laying there, waiting for death, I thought of what you would say.”

The redheaded girl smiled, “What would I say?”

“You said, I love you, so if you die, I’ll kill you,” Harry said jokingly.

“That sounds just like me. So, where are my brother and my best friend?”

“Ron and Hermione are at the house, we were just coming back when you started running. So, I followed you. And by the way, with all this rain, I had no idea that you were crying,” Harry said, adding sarcasm to his voice.

Ginny bristled, “Potter, if you ever tell anyone I was crying you will be DEAD!”

“The redhead pounces, going for the throat,” he said, failing to keep a straight face.

Ginny leapt up, tugging on Harry’s hand, “Come on, if this personage will MOVE itself, we might make it to the Burrow by the end of this century.”

Harry remained on the ground, “Actually, I’m much too tired to walk all the way back to the Burrow.”

“POTTER!”

Harry jumped up, saluting.

“Last one there is Percy’s stinky sock!” Harry dashed across the path, leaving Ginny to hobble behind him.

“Oy! Wait up! You cheater!”

“That’s right, I may be a cheater, but you’re a crybaby!”

“That’s it! You are definitely dead!”

They chased after each other, two teenagers calling out insults, together, in the rain.
______________________________________ ________________________________

Sooo oo... What do you think?
Reviews 9
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear