Search:

SIYE Time:6:57 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


00 Potter
By Brizz333

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:All, All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, General, Romance
Warnings: Death, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 40
Summary: He's an undercover Auror, she works at St. Mungos. Best friends, Ginny and Harry take what ever life throws at them, but what happens when one of them finally discovers their feelings for the other. Will it tear their solid friendship apart, or will it bring them closer than they thought possible? Mature just to be safe.
Hitcount: Story Total: 34990; Chapter Total: 11659





Author's Notes:
This story got trashed somehow, but here it is again. I made a few changes to this chapter. Thanks to StoryLover3095 for editing this story and making it readable. Hope you enjoy. Please review its the only payment I get.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


00 Potter
By: Brizz333
1. Shot and Shocked

Delaram, Afghanistan
Monday, June 29
0100

24 year old Harry Potter slowly crawled in the bushes. Careful to not make a sound, he spoke into the earpiece. “Homebase, this is Bravo. Over.”

“Bravo, this is Homebase. Sitrep (situation report),” came the answer.

“Homebase, situation is just peachy. Permission to move, over.”

“Bravo, permission granted, move into base, over and out.”

Harry resisted the urge to wipe the sweat of his face. His black army fatigues were making the 60 degree weather hotter than it really was. Harry had his face painted with green and brown streaks of paint, camo cream. His combat boots were sinking in the muddy ground. He checked his 203 (M16 rifle with 40mm grenade launcher attached) again and made sure that his magazine was within reaching distance. He took a deep breath and crawled very slowly to the next set of bushes.

He glanced at the makeshift camp just 20ft ahead of him. He counted one on stag (sentry duty) and five in their sleeping bags. The one on stag was sitting on a crate smoking a cigarette 10ft from the camp. His AK-47 was pointing toward the ground, in no position to fire. His head was greasy, greasier than the git, Snape. Harry dubbed him grease ball. They had gotten very lax in their sentry duties.

Harry slowly crept forward. He held his breath when he was just behind grease ball. Harry quickly covered grease ball’s mouth with his hand and took the knife out of his pocket. Grease ball was struggling violently and groaning, but with Harry’s hand in place, his groaning did not go far. He quickly brought his knife up to grease ball’s throat and slit it. Harry waited till he stopped struggling that he laid the man down on the ground. Harry turned and headed to the sleeping bags, making sure no one heard any noise.

Harry got to the first man and quickly slit his throat. He was trying to be as covert as possible. Just as Harry was going for the third guy, his radio crackled, “Bravo, this Homebase, do you copy?”

Harry froze. The man closest to Harry jumped out of his sleeping bag, startled at his sudden waking. As Harry pulled out his short (pistol) the man yelled as he saw what had woken him up, but was quickly silenced by a loud crack from Harry’s short. That was enough noise to wake the other three men in the camp.

Harry instinctively dived as bullets whipped past him. He pulled out his 203 and stood up. Shooting at the first thing that moved, Harry heard a yell of pain and saw one of the men fall to the ground.

Bullets continued to fire at Harry, all missing, but extremely close. Harry ran to dive behind a crate, but was stopped by a blinding pain in the knee. He fell to the ground, while at the same time losing his grip on the 203. The other two men were still firing wildly, but with more accuracy. Two more bullets hit Harry, but they hit his chest guard. Harry gripped the gun and shot at the closet guy who was closing in on him. His aim was true, and the man fell just 10ft from where Harry had fallen.

The shooting ceased and Harry desperately looked for the last man. Then, from behind, he was tackled. The full force of the body pushed Harry face first into the ground. He let out a grunt, trying to get air in his lungs. The two wrestled on the ground for a moment. Despite all the pain, Harry rolled over and pinned the guy to the ground. Quickly taking out a spare knife, he dug it into the others guys neck.

Breathing hard, Harry rolled onto his back.

He headed over to the large SCUD launcher and threw a grenade through the window. Harry ran away from the launcher and dived behind a tree. A large blast reached Harry’s ears, causing them to ring. An intense wave of heat reached Harry.

“Bravo, this is Homebase, do you copy?” came the crackling voice from his radio that miraculously was still in his ear.

Harry took a deep breath and answered, “Homebase, this is Bravo. Objective complete. E&E (escape and evacuation) in motion. Over and Out.”

Harry took another deep breath, winced in pain as his ribs protested. “Great, probably broke some ribs too,” he mumbled to himself. Harry checked his watch, 13:30. He looked at his knee and saw blood was flowing freely from it, staining his fatigues. Harry grabbed his 203 and limped out of the camp. He headed to a great hill north of Herat, Afghanistan to an I09 (helicopter) that would take him home to England. His job was pretty much done, unless you count the debriefing once he got back to England. Exhausted, Harry climbed onto the I09 and motioned for the pilot to take off. The pilot nodded and lifted off, heading towards an airstrip by Mashhad, Iran. From there he would take a plane to England, where he would finally go home to his small flat.

____________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ______

London, England
Monday, June 29
0600

23 year old Ginny Weasley groaned in her pillow as her alarm clock started buzzing. She did not want to get up. As much as she loved her job, being a true Weasley, she hated to get up, and Mondays were the worst.

Groaning even louder, she tumbled out of bed and headed to the shower. As the cold water cascaded down her body, she thought of what she had done that weekend. Her nieces, Brooklyn and Abby, Bill’s kids, were having their birthday party today. Ginny had worked all weekend to set it up, and today was the big day that her little nieces turned 5.

They weren’t just sisters, oh no, they were twins. And just like all the twins born in the Weasley family, they were pranksters at heart. Fred and George had done nothing to help either. Instead, they did the completed opposite, they encouraged them.

Her mind then wandered to Ron and Hermione, who would be having their Wedding day a week from today. Her git of a brother finally plucked enough courage to ask Hermione to marry him.

Ginny stepped out of the shower and pulled on her working clothes. She worked in the St. Mungos for the children’s department. She absolutely loved children. She was even in charge of the kids who had to stay in the permanent ward. Ginny walked into her kitchen and grabbed a cup of coffee. Her small apartment that she had bought was all she could afford, but it was a pretty nice apartment in her opinion. It had a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room, and an office room.

Ginny checked her watch, 5:45. She grabbed a handful of floo powder and disappeared into the flames.

Arriving at the hospital, Ginny walked over to the reception area and checked in.

Ginny smiled at Betty, the old lady who was in charge of the reception area. “Hello Betty, any mail for me today.”

Betty smiled back, “Nope, not today.”

“Ok, thanks.”

Ginny walked up the stairs into the spell damage ward and walked into the kid’s room.

They all turned to look at the doctor. “Ginny!” they all screamed with joy. Ginny smiled and began to work.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
St. Mungos Tea Room
Monday, June 29
1200

Ginny took her time as she ate her sandwich. It was lunch break and she was glad she could finally rest her feet. As she sipped her tea, Kaleen, he 22 year old coworker, slipped into the chair beside her.

Ginny smiled at her, “Hey Kaleen, how’s it going.”

“Same as always, say, have you heard, Harry Potter was in the building today,” Kaleen said excitedly.

“What! Is he okay, what happened,” Ginny said concerned. Ginny knew Harry was an Auror, but he was in this secret knew group that she knew nothing about. He had been gone for two weeks, and she had no clue where he went.

“I don’t know. I just heard it from Betty.” Kaleen’s beeper buzzed.

“Whoops, got to go, catch ya later.”

Ginny quickly stood and made her way out the door. She headed towards the reception desk, but was stopped when her beeper buzzed. “I’ll ask about it later,” she thought as she turned around and headed back to her post.

_______________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ___________






Reviews 40
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear