Search:

SIYE Time:15:12 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Stolen Moments
By Lamia

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape
Genres: Fluff, Humor, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 15
Summary: Will Harry and Ginny ever have a moment alone without being interrupted by Snape, Hermione or a certain red-haired, overprotective older brother? A HBP missing moment.
Hitcount: Story Total: 6061



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
I wrote this because I felt that there were not nearly enough Harry/Ginny moments in the Half Blood Prince. This is my first ever attempt at a fan fiction and I'm pretty nervous, so please leave me a comment and tell me what you think. Thank you so much to Enchantedgurls for beta reading my story and being such a big help.

Also notice the line I borrowed from Nottinghill (I love that film.) :D




ChapterPrinter



Stolen Moments


A HBP missing moment



It really had been one of those days, Harry thought as he made his way out of the dungeon, slamming the door behind him. It was a day that made an encounter with a blast-ended skrewt seem like a walk in the park. Since Gryffindor’s victory, which consequently won them the Quidditch cup, Snape had found the need to make Harry’s remaining detentions even more unbearable, and today was no exception. Not only had he been given more work to complete, but Snape had also kept Harry past curfew to make sure it was all complete, and thus taking up all of Harry’s Saturday, which was valuable time he could have spent doing more pleasurable things.


There was only one person who could make him feel better right now; a certain person with long red hair, chocolate brown eyes, and a beautiful smile. It was the very person in fact who was happily hurrying towards him at that moment.


“Hey Ginny," Harry said smiling, possibly for the first time that day. “What are you doing here?"


“I wanted to meet you when you finished,” she answered breathlessly as she came to a halt in front of him. “I’ve been waiting out here for ages. I had to hide around the corner since its past curfew."


“I’m sorry Ginny, you should've gone back to the common room," he said as he took her hand and continued to walk down the corridor. “I don’t want you to get in trouble because of me.”


“Don’t be silly Harry, as if I care about that,” she replied, lightly batting him on the chest with their linked hands and grinned up at him. “Besides I’m sure you’re worth getting in trouble for.”


“Thanks,” he said grinning back.


“So why did he keep you so late?” she asked.


“I don’t know really, but when has he ever needed a reason to torture me any further?” Harry asked moodily. “It could be because that was my last detention and he felt he should drag it out as long as possible.”


“Really, no more detentions, that’s great!” she beamed at him swinging their hands as they walked. “That means you’ll have plenty of spare time then?”


“Yeah, I suppose so," he replied smiling down at her. “I'm not sure what I’ll do with that spare time, though.”


“I can think of a few things you could do to fill up your time,” she said playfully batting her eyelashes up at him.


“Oh yeah, and what would they be?” Harry asked biting his lip to keep from grinning.


“Oh things like this,” she replied as she stopped walking, and pulled him by the hand so that he was level with her face. She lightly kissed him on the lips, lingering for a few seconds before pulling away.


“Hmm, I suppose I could do that,” he said casually as he straightened back up, and continued to walk down the deserted corridor, “But I was thinking of something more along the lines of this.” With that, he spun her around so that she was facing him and quickly bent down to press his lips against hers. Unlike the first kiss, this one was much more intense, and after her first initial squeal of surprise she quickly responded by wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him in closer.


As he felt Ginny brush her tongue across his teeth, Harry slowly opened his mouth to deepen the kiss. He moved his hand from her waist, slowly brushing it up her side to stroke her face, and finally moving it into her hair to cup the back of her head and pull her in even closer. As she let out a soft moan, the sound of a door opening nearby caused them to quickly pull away and turn towards the source of the interruption.


“Lingering in the corridors, Potter?” came Snape’s drawling voice as the black cloaked figure stepped into the corridor and turned towards the two.


“I was just leaving, sir,” Harry replied as he grabbed Ginny’s hand and turned to continue walking down the corridor, still feeling slightly light headed from the kiss.


“And Potter?" Snape called as again Harry slowly turned towards his scowling face. “I suggest that if you do not want any more detentions, you and your friend go straight to your common room, no detours, understand?”


“Yes sir,” Harry replied through gritted teeth, giving Snape a rude finger gesture as he turned to walk away.


“Urgh, I can’t stand him,” Ginny groaned as they reached the first set of stairs leading to the common room. “He always knows when to show up at the most inconvenient times.”


Harry turned to her and smiled as he saw that her hair was sticking up from where he had racked his hands through it moments before. He gently reached over with his free hand, and smoothed it back into place, carefully tucking it behind her ear as she sighed.


“I know, but at least there’s one place we can guarantee he won’t interrupt us,” he said as they came face to face with the Fat Lady and quickly said the password.


“Yeah, but don’t forget the fact that there's always someone else who will be guaranteed to interrupt us in here, and I bet you anything he’s waiting …” Before she could finish her sentence that very person stood before them in the otherwise deserted common room, with his hands on his hips and a disapproving look on his face that could rival Mrs. Weasley’s.


“Where have you been?” Ron demanded before they even had the chance to scramble through the portrait hole. “It's past curfew you know!”


Ron’s presence sadly was not unexpected. After each of Harry's recent detentions he had taken to waiting up for him, making it impossible for him and Ginny to be alone. Although Ron tried to act as if he was completely fine with him and Ginny dating, Harry suspected that this was not entirely the case.


“What do you care if it’s past curfew, you're always out after hours,” Ginny said as she brushed past Ron and made her way over to the couches, dragging Harry along with her.


“Yes, well I’m a prefect, I’m allowed.” Ron said as he moved to stand in front of the fireplace to face the couple now sitting on the couch and adopted his previous ‘Mrs. Weasley’ pose.


“Oh come on, even before you were a prefect I seem to remember many an occasion that you snuck out after hours,” retorted Ginny, a slight flush rising in her cheeks, “and not that its any of your business but Snape let Harry out late so in fact we haven’t been anywhere.”


“Oh well good, glad to hear it," replied Ron happily, turning towards Harry. “Come on Harry, let’s go.”


“I’ll be up soon," Harry said, speaking for the first time since they returned to the common room. “Soon, okay? I’m just going to say goodnight to Ginny,” he repeated resignedly as Ron still remained rooted to the spot.


“And don’t you dare come looking for him if he’s not up in the next few minutes,” Ginny added in a tone that indicated she was not to be argued with. “He will be up when he’s good and ready.”


“But…”


“No,” Ginny snapped. “Go!”


Ron begrudgingly turned and walked up the boys' staircase, huffing and mumbling something about taking liberties as he went., Ginny chose the moment the dormitory door clicked shut to leap at Harry, crashing her lips to his and taking completely by surprise. Although Harry enjoyed the sweet, soft kisses Ginny often gave him, he much preferred the unexpected, passionate kisses she unleashed on him.


“Alone, at last,” she murmured against his lips as she pulled away slightly. Harry let out a grunt of agreement before leaning forward and capturing her lips in another searing kiss, which made his stomach flip and the monster in his chest roar its approval.


After several intense minutes, Ginny reluctantly pulled away, sighing happily as she twisted herself around and pulled her legs up onto the couch, kicking off her shoes as she did so. She lay back until she was reclining against his chest.


“I will never tire of this,” she said breathlessly as Harry moved further onto the couch to get more comfortable and removed his own shoes, slowly wrapping his arms around her to hold her more closely against him.


“Hmm,” he agreed softly as he took a strand of her shimmering red hair and wrapped it around his fingers, enjoying its silky texture.


Although he and Ginny had only been together a couple of weeks he couldn’t believe how comfortable and happy he felt around her. It was times such as these that almost made him forget everything else going on in the world, and almost made him feel normal.


Ginny took Harry’s hand in her own and began to lightly trace over each of his fingers, whilst his other hand continued to play with her hair. She then spread his hand out flat and placed her own palm against his.


“You have big hands you know,” she said as she lifted up both their hands to show him.


He noticed that his hands were indeed bigger than hers as she held their entwined hands up to his face. He also noticed how her hands looked much smoother compared to his own Quidditch -roughened hands. Each of her nails were coloured with a shockingly red varnish, making them stand out vividly against her freckled-milky skin. He closed his fingers over her hand, entwining their fingers and put them down to rest on her stomach.


“Nah, it’s just that your hands are so cute and small, they make mine look much bigger than they actually are,” he said bending down and brushing a slight kiss on the side of her cheek.


“No, because you have big feet too,” she insisted, leaning forward and lightly nudging his sock -covered foot with her own. “You know what they say about men with big feet, don’t you?” she added cheekily, slowly stroking his foot with hers.


Harry felt his face heat up, but quickly started coughing to cover the nervous laugh that threatened to escape. He decided to play along.


“Erm no I don’t, what’s that then?” he asked, adopting a look of confusion on his face.


“Well it’s said that men with big feet,” she replied nonchalantly, settling back against his chest and turning her head to face him, “wear big shoes.”


Harry let out a bark of laughter before bending down and capturing her lips yet again. “You always know how to cheer me up, you know that,” he said as he released her lips and let her lie back against his chest. “Even when I’ve had the worst day ever, I always end up feeling so much better when I’ve seen you.”


“Me too, I can definitely say that you are a lovely distraction from exams. You’re the only thing that’s keeping me from cracking up,” she said with a sigh as she snuggled further into his robes, turning so that she was facing the burning embers of the slowly dying fire. “All I can say is I’m glad you finally came to your senses and kissed me that day after the match.”


“Now wait a minute, Ginny,” Harry said assuming a serious tone to his voice, “I think you’ll find it was you who kissed me that day.”


“What!” said Ginny sharply as she sat up quickly, turning towards him, “That’s not true.”


“Yeah it is! I was just going to give you a hug to congratulate you on a good game,” Harry
continued, desperately trying not to laugh at the look of shock on her face, “but you ended up kissing me!”


“No, you definitely were the one who kissed me,” she said defiantly, frowning. ““Iwas just going to give you a hug.”


“Was not.”


“Was too.”


“Was not.”


“Harry, I was too!” she shrieked placing her legs on the floor as if to get up.


“Wait, wait, I’m only kidding with you,” he chuckled, grabbing her around the waist and pulling her flush against his chest again.


“I was the one to kiss you first. I’d wanted to do it for so long I just couldn’t help myself,” he said grinning against the back of her neck, inhaling the rousing flowery scent of her hair.


“Thought so,” she said smugly settling back onto him, mumbling something Harry couldn’t quite make out.


“What?” asked Harry as he too settled back to his previous position.


“I said that if you hadn’t, I probably would have snogged you senseless anyway,” she repeated quietly, her face flushing.


“Really, but I thought you were over me?”


“No, I just told myself that I was over you since you didn’t seem to be taking an interest in me,” she said as she continued to stare at the burning embers. “But I wasn’t really. Even when I was going out with Dean I still secretly fancied you.”


Harry remained silent so she continued. “And then when you started liking me...”


“You noticed?” he interrupted her.


“Well I didn’t really, but Hermione certainly did,” she said giggling, “She made a few none too subtle comments to me, suggesting that if I wasn’t completely happy with Dean, then she was sure that there was someone else who I would be truly happy with, someone who finally seems to be waking up, someone whose initials are H.P.”


“I knew it! I knew she could tell,” he said grinning, making a note to thank Hermione next time he saw her, “Did she really say all those things?”


“Yep, well naturally when she said H.P, I automatically thought she meant Herbert Panning. He sits next to me in History of Magic,” she said sighing. “But alas, it was just you.”


She turned around to find that he had an expression like a goldfish in water, silently opening and closing his mouth and clearly lost for words. “Harry you’re so gullible,” she said giggling. “Anyway, that was one of the reasons why I broke up with Dean, in the hope that Hermione was right.”


“Well, I for one am very glad you did,” he said taking hold of her chin and drawing her face closer to his. “And I’m sorry it took me so long to realise what a wonderful person you are.”


He bent his head down to kiss her; unlike the other ones, this kiss was soft, slow and dizzying.


“Dean was okay though; he really is a nice person,” she said with a sigh as they broke away from their kiss. She sat up. “It just didn’t feel right because I kept thinking of you, and Hermione was right, I am much happier with you.”


She turned to face him, and putting both hands on his chest to steady herself, she lifted her leg so that she could straddle his torso. “What I want to know Mr. Potter is when was the first moment that you realised you liked me?” she asked grinning down at him. “And I’m not going to let you go until you tell me.”


“Actually I don’t think I will tell you,. I kind of like this position,” he said smugly, but as she reached forward to tickle his stomach he conceded. “Ok, ok, I think it was near the beginning of the year, I wanted you to sit with me on the train but you went to sit with Dean,” he finished sulkily.


“Really, that long?” she asked, leaning forward to briefly kiss him on the lips, gently brushing his fringe away from his scar as she sat back up. “Aww, was poor Harry jealous?”


“No, I just…Well I…ok, I was jealous alright,” he said huffily, crossing his arms over his chest like a disobedient child.


“Aww, how sweet,” she cooed as though talking to a child. “Would Harry like a kiss to make up for it?”


“Maybe,” he said with a slight smile beginning to creep up the corner of his mouth.


“Say please and I will,” she replied impishly, cocking her head to one side and twirling a strand of her hair around her finger.


“No, I won’t,” he said defiantly, folding his arms again and sticking out his bottom lip.


“Fine, have it your way.” And with that, she reached forward and started tickling him mercilessly in his ribs.


“NO. WAIT. STOP,” he yelled breathlessly between fits of laughter, desperately trying to grab a hold of her hands, but she was moving too fast for him. “OK, PLEASE, please!”


“That’s better,” she said proudly as she used his tie to pull his head up and leaned forward towards his lips.


“Ahem.” At the sound of someone clearing their throat Harry shot up, unceremoniously knocking Ginny onto the floor as he did so.


“Hermione, you scared me to death!” he exclaimed to his bushy haired friend who was currently standing before the couple, a stern expression on her face but a glint of amusement in her eyes, “What are you doing down here?”


“I was just going to the bathroom but came down here to investigate when I heard someone screeching like a banshee,” she said suppressing a laugh at the look of indignation on Harry’s face. “Don’t you think it is about time you both went to bed? Ginny has exams to revise and she needs to get as much sleep as possible.”


“Yes Hermione, I was just going up,” moaned Ginny as she stood up rubbing her back as she did so.


“Goodnight Harry,” she said as she leant over to lightly kiss Harry on the mouth, then lowered her voice to a whisper, “We’ll continue this tomorrow.” Briefly waving to Hermione, she headed up the girls' staircase.


“Sorry Harry,” said Hermione as he stood and stretched his arms over his head yawning, “but you don’t want her to fail her exams. You know how important her O.W.L.s. are, and she can’t afford distractions right now.”


“I know, it’s okay Hermione,” he said as he bent down to pick up his discarded shoes and started towards the boys' staircase, stopping briefly so he could kiss her lightly on her cheek.


“What was that for?” Hermione asked clearly shocked, but smiling fondly at him as he stepped back.


“Oh no reason,” he said happily as he continued towards the staircase, leaving her with a dazed expression on her face. “Goodnight Hermione,” he said softly, silently thinking that there was no possible way he could ever thank her enough.


Reviews 15
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear