Search:

SIYE Time:12:16 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Alchemist’s Apprentice
By Maraduar Mo

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Other, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death, Extreme Language, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 48
Summary: As Dumbledore's funeral brings about a new era in Harry's life, how will he cope with the grief of his beloved headmaster, the break up with the love of his life, and the hardships that the Dark Lord has set up. But with all this, hope still shimmers as an old friend of Dumbledore returns to guide Harry through his crucible.
Hitcount: Story Total: 37523; Chapter Total: 4322







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry woke up in the morning in cold sweat breaking out all over his body. Was that real? Was I really talking with Dumbledore? Impossible…Dumbledore’s dead. How could you talk with him? Dead or not, he’s right; I should start to practice Occlumency and Legilimency. Harry got up and mailed Flourish and Blotts and asked for every book they have on both Occlumency and Legilimency. He also began to order other books on Dark magic and necromancy. He figured if he was going to beat Voldemort he had might as well learn things that he does and figure out ways to stop it. An hour later Hedwig and train of owls came soaring through his window with at least a dozen books on each subject.

Harry smiled to himself as he grabbed Legilimency: A portal into ones mind and began thinking of his next encounter with Snape (even if Dumbledore still trusted him, he didn’t) or Voldemort. Both extremely strong Occlumens, Harry would have trouble breaking into their minds, but if he did, he would have such a huge advantage over them, knowing which spells they would be using. The first three books that he went through really didn’t help but the fourth one provided him with almost everything he needed. The mind is like the Earth; it is a series of layers that need to be peeled in order to get to the core or center of ones mind. To get beneath the outer defenses one must look into the eyes of the “victim” and search for a hint of weakness. Once you found the weakness, began to probe at it gently to not draw attention to the attack. Once inside slowly search for what you’re looking for and extract it. Harry smiled and knew the perfect person to test this theory on. Harry knew his Aunt Petunia was a very weak-minded person, and even though her face didn’t give much away, her eyes did.

Harry got up, headed downstairs and sat in the kitchen. His aunt was already there drinking a cup of coffee and staring into the seat that Harry just sat in. She started at Harry and bore into his head. Harry smiled and knew now would be the best time to start. He looked back into her deep brown eyes, and began to search for a weakness, but he soon realized he didn’t have too. His aunt’s mind was like an open book with her thoughts flowing and swirling through her. Harry was surprised he never heard her thoughts before. After awhile though with jumbles of thoughts and feelings flying all over the place Harry began to get sick and pulled out. He shook his head and tried to clear it of his aunt’s thoughts. “There must be an easier way,” he thought to himself.

Harry decided to concentrate on one thought and feeling and follow that one thing. As Harry dove back into her mind, he began to follow her last train of though; Should I tell him? Should he know? That Dumbledore person told me to tell him? Maybe he doesn’t need to find out? Vernon would never forgive me if I did. “What do you need to tell me?” demanded Harry looking a bit mad now. “What else have you kept hidden from me all these years?”

Petunia’s face was deeply shocked as Harry asked her those questions. How did he know what I was thinking? “Don’t worry about that, just answer my question. What do you need to tell me?” demanded Harry again now standing up looking down into his Aunt’s eyes, waiting for her to reply.

“Harry…” began his aunt Petunia stuttering. “When you where born, your mother came to me asking me for help. She knew of a prophecy when you where born that would bring peace to the world. She wanted me to hide you here with us as she went out fighting “evil”” sneered his Aunt Petunia obviously disgusted with his mother. “She always wanted to be the hero, fighting off wrong-doers. She wanted me to baby sit as she went galloping across the country with that freak of a father of yours. I refused her of course but….” Petunia’s face began to grow softer as she started to speak again, with a hint of regret in your tone “When I found out that she was killed I blamed myself. I thought if I took you in it could help clear me of my sins…but it didn’t. I treated you bad my entire life, taking my anger out on you…and I apologize for it. Your headmaster told me to tell you before you left but I don’t think I could live with myself any longer.” As she finished explaining, she broke down into uncontrollable sobs.

Harry started into her now wet eyes, and was shocked. He saw everything through her mind and couldn’t believe it. He didn’t know whether to be mad or to confront her. He knew nothing but neglect from her, and now she wanted forgiveness. Was she out of her mind? Harry couldn’t stand anymore and ran up to his room slamming his door. He began pacing around his room but couldn’t quite control his anger. The Potter anger is legendry and known by all his friends but now it scared even him. He felt the power and magic flow through him as he paced and felt the windows shake.

Calm down Harry, you always knew she really didn’t have any manners. She turned her own sister away! How!? Why?! Screamed the other voice. As he kept pacing his small, cramped room he remembered what Dumbledore said: Ask your Aunt Petunia about a certain magic book Harry. She knows more about our world then she seems to let on. Harry, stomping all the way down the stairs, went to corner his aunt in the kitchen. She was sitting in a seat and when she saw Harry enter the room, she shrunk back considerably.

Harry’s magic was everywhere, giving off a golden aura around him making him seem like a bringer of justice. He stood with his hair wiping around him from the force of his magic and having objects fly around him like he was a huge magnet. He stared her down and started to use his newly acquired Occlumency skills. Her mind was already weak so didn’t put up much of a fight and so opened up for him like a book. “What do u know about a magic book!?” demanded Harry in a very authoritive voice. “You want to clear yourself of your sins, and then tell me, what do you know about it?!”

Harry’s voice reverberated off the walls causing the house to shake with his power. Aunt Petunia stared at him with awe, wonder, and fear. She looked even more scared then when he had stormed into the kitchen, but slowly she looked up into those green eyes of his and he saw all her thoughts of The Half Blood Prince came bursting through.

It was a week ago and was raining quite hard, but something seemed to be wrong, looking down at the ground and shaking and shivering from the thought of her own memory. A dark figure just came out of thin air and opened our door on his own. Vernon was furious; he rounded on the man and started shouting but was quickly thrown to the wall and then held there. The man had very pale skin and greasy hair. He started to glide towards her with his wand drawn at her “You are Petunia Evans,” said the man in a cold voice as he watched with amusement as the Muggle quivered in fear from his presence. He then reached into the side of his cloak and pulled out an orb with a pentacle engraved on the front and a book with the title of IL Libro di Ombre. The book was a very thick book and extremely ancient with its edges torn and ripped. The orb throbbed with mystical power of the elementals. “That book belonged to the mages of ancient times…It is filled with dark magic that the Dark Lord has only dreamed of. The orb also belonged to them, which gave them unbelievably power. Give it to Potter with this message. The time is near and he will need to face the Dark Lord. With Dumbledore nearing his own demise, he will start becoming more aggressive and attacking when he feels like, making the world his playground. Learn well Potter because if not, the dark lord will be ruling this land by the end of the year. He must use this book to overcome him. If not, then all will be lost.” And with that he disappeared.

With that, the memory ended.
Reviews 48
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear