Search:

SIYE Time:7:32 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Alchemist’s Apprentice
By Maraduar Mo

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Other, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death, Extreme Language, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 48
Summary: As Dumbledore's funeral brings about a new era in Harry's life, how will he cope with the grief of his beloved headmaster, the break up with the love of his life, and the hardships that the Dark Lord has set up. But with all this, hope still shimmers as an old friend of Dumbledore returns to guide Harry through his crucible.
Hitcount: Story Total: 37566; Chapter Total: 4497





Author's Notes:
i would like to apolize for taking soooooo long to pu up the next chaper....hopefully it wont happen again




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry stood over his aunt’s tear-stained face. The memory kept replaying in his head. Why would Snape give him anything? He was the one who killed Dumbledore anyway and because of him Voldermort is going to move into the open. Yet again though, Dumbledore did tell him to trust him…to an extent.

“When did he give you that book?” asked Harry feeling his suppressed anger for his former professor rise again. It was like a snake rearing back its ugly head to strike with a vengeance. He couldn’t comprehend why Snape would give him such strong magical items. Wouldn’t he give it to his master or better yet, use it for himself. Harry refocused on his aunt, as he buried the questions into his head. He heard a little whimpering sound and turned to see his aunt shaking again as she too had to relive that memory.

“It was three days before you came,” replied his aunt, looking up at Harry like it was the first time she’s seen him. His anger had amplified his magic making it manifest around his body in a golden aura. He looked down right scary, and she would be a fool to try and not answer him. “It’s in the basement. Vernon wanted to destroy it but he was thrown back when he came at it with a pair of scissors.”

Harry ran down into the basement and into a small circular room leaving his aunt upstairs to her own wretched thoughts. She deserved that was all he thought about as he ran to the basement. There he found the book and the orb in the middle of the basement right on the floor. Harry sat there mesmerized by the cover as it drew him near. He could actually feel the magic pulsing from the ancient tome and the sphere as it went through his body calling and drawing him closer. He picked up the book gently with his right hand and began to trace the ancient symbols lightly. He finally opened it and began to flip to the first page. There written, on the first page, were ancient incantations of spells long forgotten. At the top of the page, the sign of the pentacle was drawn and it seemed to emit and throb as Harry’s touch as the orb in his hand did the same thing. The ancient power of the book seemed to draw to Harry, pulling him and enticing him with its power.

As Harry read, the orb in his hand and the words on the page began to change color and grow harm in his hand. He began to feel his own magic growing and strengthening itself to levels he only thought Dumbledore could achieve. He then heard the whisper of the elements in his ear as his body began to glow in the dark room filling it up with his own light. He began to hear water splash and overlap over itself, crashing into rocks, air whirling and whipping around him, and earth shaking and grumbling underneath the weight of his own feet. However, the one he heard the clearest was fire. It was a like it was coming from within his very being as he heard the soft cackling of the flames and the smell of burning wood surround him as he felt his senses threatening to overwhelm him.

When Harry finally realized what he was doing, he was floating in the air with the elements surrounding him, waiting for their orders from their new master. Harry just stared back at the manifestations of each element. Fire had taken the form of a man, completely engulfed in fire, which resembled the Human Torch. Earth had taken the form of a giant golem with colossal arms and leg as air taking form of a fairy with wings with electricity coursing through its body and wings, and Water took the shape of a man that was completely blue and muscular but didn’t seem to have a defiant shape or size.

The manifestation of fire first spoke with a deep voice that seemed to emit with authority. “We are yours to serve master. Our creators bind us and that is you. We are your elemental guardians, the Spirit of Fire, the Spirit of Water, the Spirit of Wind, and the Spirit of Earth.” The element then looked at his follow elements and nodded. They all seemed to grow in power and began to circle Harry at rapid speeds surrounding him in a cocoon of power. Once they stopped, they all stood in front of their creator and awaited their instructions.

Harry started at them in awe. He had just read the first paragraph of the book and here, in front, were the powers of the elements. But as quickly as they came they began to faze out. First, to leave was water, then earth, and air. Fire was the last one, staring at Harry with a small smile playing at his lips.

“Where did they go?” asked Harry, feeling a bit exhausted now. He was panting and breathing heavily, leaning against the wall staring at the little fire demon as he felt his magic drain from his body. “What’s happening to me?” he asked in a strained weak voice.

“Your magic feeds us and keeps us in existence. You over extracted yourself by holding us for so long, especially since it was your first time. Don’t worry yourself though, you have not lost your magic, but only drained it.” Replied the fire demon and with that he fazed out. And with that, Harry collapsed against the wall and fell into a deep coma like sleep.

*****Time passed*****

An hour later, Harry awoke in the dust-filled basement with the faint memory of his newly acquired powers. He began to shake his head off as he saw spiders around and the ground dirty and dusty. Harry had just gotten himself off the floor when he heard his uncle’s grating and irritating voice. “What is that boy still doing here?! Didn’t that crazy old freak promise us that he wouldn’t stay here anymore?! Then what the bloody hell is he doing?!"

Harry was by far used to his uncle’s rude outbursts but this time he went too far. “Who was he to call the greatest wizard that ever lived a crazy old freak?!” screamed Harry in his own mind. Marching up stairs, he met his uncle in the kitchen yelling at his aunt Petunia. His aunt’s face grew stark white as she say the blazing look in Harry’s emerald eyes as he rounded on his uncle.

Uncle Vernon turned his large body around to face and scream at his supposed ungrateful nephew, but was stopped short as a wand was pointed in between his fat, pudgy eyes.

“Put that bloody thing away!” yelled his uncle shrinking back a bit. Vernon was used to his nephew’s threat. He had grown accustomed to his nephew’s snide little comments and about how he would use magic on them but you could tell the boy was bluffing. The little freak loved that school of his too much to do something so bold. But just because he had grown to it didn’t mean he didn’t fear it. The boy still held power above all of them and that’s what truly frightened Vernon. He could turn them all to pigs if he wanted to. “You can’t use that blasted thing outside of that school of yours or else you’ll be kicked out!” said Vernon with a hint of victory in his voice for remembering such good information.

Harry had just smiled at his uncle’s last comment and decided to play with his mind for a bit. “Hogwarts isn’t opening up next year Uncle Vernon. Our headmaster died so the school will be closed,” said Harry as he began to circle his uncle pointing his wand at varies areas that have been well over due for a hex.

“B-B-But, that can’t be possible,” said his uncle now shaking uncontrollably as his face began to change color so fast that he looked like he might have a heart attack.

“Oh but it is,” stated Harry with such a low tone that it chilled his uncle to his miserable core. He had been twirling the wand in between his fingers, toying with his “prey”, when an idea struck him. He had just created elemental creatures out of nothing and he had not received a letter for underage magic. Maybe its not traceable….and with that final thought, a huge grin spread across his face making him look like the former Marauder, James Potter.

But before he could do anything his uncle’s anger resurfaced for being threatened and pushed Harry into the wall with such force that it shocked him out of his thoughts. What happened next though will stay with Vernon Dursely for the rest of his life.

As Harry hit the wall, his newly found powers kicked in instinctively and four beams of blue, red, white, and brown shot out from him and take form into his four elementals. There stood the four major components of life and the world staring straight at the unworthy Muggle standing in front of their master.

The four spirits sped at the now pale faced Vernon Dursley encircling him and using their own special powers on him. The manifestation of fire begin to singe his clothes and skin as air lifted him off the ground and fed fire some more, water was splashing water all over the burnt skin making it hurt some more, as earth throw rocks the size of golf balls at his head, chest, and nose. The combination of these four finally put Vernon in his place, leaving him to be the little crying, sniveling baby that he was.

Harry was too dazed to react. Here was his uncle floating in the air and getting punished and Harry hadn’t even meant it, though he had often thought about it, until Harry realized that he was in pain and this was just too much.

“Stop!!!” screamed Harry looking at his elementals in shock and awe. They had come out with out him even calling them just to protect him. That could be useful but it was also dangerous. I can’t have them just jump out like that again…I have to control them.

The elementals stopped their assault on his uncle and dropped him onto the ground with a loud thud. They all turned to face their master and bowed down, getting on one knee and finally fazing out.

Harry finally regained his composure and turned to his uncle and fixed him with look that would have brought a man with more courage then his uncle to his knees. “Don’t you ever insult the memory of Albus Dumbledore if you cherish your life,” said Harry in the lowest whisper, and with that he turned around leaving his worn down uncle and a sobbing Petunia in the kitchen.
Reviews 48
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear