Search:

SIYE Time:12:07 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Tale of a Landing Wonderer
By saz j

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:None
Genres: Angst, General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 6
Summary: Ginny Weasley has nightmares. I think most people knew this, but she must landing wonder. Meaning she must wake up in the dead of the night to have some hot chocolate. But this time she is not alone, in fact she has the company of an ex-escaped convict, a werewolf and a famous chosen one. (Missing chapter from OOTP))
Hitcount: Story Total: 4556



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
I hate it when folk write about a soppy and weak Ginny, she is not that at all.
So, with all the OOTP stuff, I was in the mood to write a missing chapter. I also decided to base it around Ginny, she needs way more attention it you ask me.
Thank you to Eric, once again for been a BETA. I dedicate this to him, Breanie and Matthew. Please review.




ChapterPrinter


It was cold, the air was sickly, the ground was damp, and the chamber was dim and huge. She lay there, her eyes wide open, he heart pounding, the young man gazed down at her, a smug look on his face.

“You are dirty, little Ginevra, you know this.”

Ginny tried to shake her head, but she couldn't. Her head instead began to nod, banging her head hard on the damp cold floor of the Chamber of Secrets. She felt a cut form on her skull; she could feel the blood slowly poor out.

“You are still not rid of me; I am the only one who understands you, Ginevra!” His voice was calm, but full of harsh magic. Ginny could feel the tears pour from her eyes, she promised her self she wouldn't cry, again.

“Oh, the waterworks, you always have been an attention seeker.”

Ginny tried to dry her eyes, but her hands would not move, instead they stuck to her sides, digging into her hipbone.

“I know how to silence you.” Tom Riddle held his wand loosely in his hand, and an evil smiled formed on his lips. He raised his wand and muttered the words she knew too well-
“CRUCIO!”

Ginny bolted up in her bed, her face cold and wet from the dripping sweat that had formed all over her body. Her heart was still pounding, she then took in her surroundings, she was in her borrowed room, at 12 Grimmauld Place, Hermione was on the bed next to her, pretending to sleep, Ginny knew that Hermione knew about her nightmares, in fact Hermione had tried to comfort her, but Ginny had been too ashamed.

Ginny slowly got out of bed, and got her dressing gown and retrieving to the bathroom.
A cold shower is what Ginny always had, after these nightmares, a cold shower and a mug of hot chocolate.

As Ginny showered, she contemplated on her nightmare, she always had the same re-occurring dream, but always Tom Riddle said different and harsh words to her, but she had not had a nightmare since the Burrow, which was nearly four weeks ago she had last been there.

No thought Ginny, she had had one two days ago, and one two weeks ago.

She sighed, it was a good job that her older brother had made her a special stone, which held a silencing charm on it, meaning whatever room she in, and no one outside the room could her screams or sobs.

She finished in the shower and attempted to dry her tong a tangled hair. Accepting defeat, she slowly made her way toward the kitchen. She got as far as the kitten port when she stopped dead; someone was already there. Sirius sat there with an empty mug, staring into nothing. She slowly turned around to go back when a soft voice stopped her.

“It's okay Ginny. I could do with some other company.”

She turned to face him with a small smile and nodded as he smiled up at her. She then noticed a fluffy and scruffy bundle of hair at the other side of the table, she gasped when realising what it was, “It that-”

Sirius smiled sadly, “Yeah, poor Remus. He's taken his potion so he's just a defenceless big dog, he won't crave the smell of human flesh, and part of Remus is still in there, in his mind.

Ginny stared at what should have been Remus Lupin, who was curled up asleep. She then turned to Sirius and looked into his eyes, “Why are you up so late?”

Sirius's eyebrow was raised at the question, “I could ask you the same question.”

Ginny gave a nervous laugh and began to fill the kettle with water. “Do you want some hot chocolate?”

Sirius gave a warm smile and nodded, “Please.”

He didn't talk to her whilst she made the hot chocolate; she only looked at the wall clock and was shocked to see it was only one in the morning.
She sat down at the table with two large mugs of steaming chocolate, “Here.
Cheers,” said the man.

They held their mugs and sat in silence, until Sirius broke the silence. “So how long have you had these nightmares?”

Ginny was taken aback with the enquiry; she didn't think he'd know, she decided to play dumb. “Nightmares?” she asked nervously.

Sirius gave a hollow laugh, “Come on Ginny, walking about at this time of night, making hot chocolate, it's one does when they suffer from nightmares, oh, and I am not the only one who has heard the screams and sobs that come from your bedroom door in the dead of the night.”

She looked down at her hands, ashamed and embarrassed, Sirius reach out and took her small hands in his.

“Well, ever since the chamber,” she said in a small voice, she then cleared her throat. “Silly really, I should be over it by now, but they keep reoccurring.”

Sirius shook his head, “You shouldn't ever be over them. Remus told me about the Chamber of Secrets, it sounds harsh, and not in the bit least easy for any one, epically for an eleven-year-old.”

Ginny nodded, “Yeah, well. How did you hear me have those nightmares anyway? I have an eye-bossal stone, Bill made it for me!”

Sirius shrugged, “They can wear off, and I can put the charm back on it, if you like?”

Ginny nodded, appreciatively, “Who else has heard me-you know…?”

“Remus mentioned it, Hermione will know been in the same room, and Albus will probably know-”

Ginny nodded. “Why are you up so late?”

“Same as you.”

“You have nightmares? About Azkaban?”

He nodded. “Yes, some of them are, but others are about the night that-”

“You found James and Lily Potter?” interrupted Ginny.

He smiled sadly, “You're quite bright.”

The werewolf Remus stirred and began to sit up, his eyes darted from Sirius to Ginny.
“Morning Moony!” smiled Sirius as he muffled the dog's head.

Moony sat up and strutted towards Ginny, who held out her hands and stroked him,
“It's strange seeing a werewolf so loving, will he remember in the morning?”

Sirius nodded, “Yep, he'll remember most of the conversation, even when he's asleep he has sensitive hearing, the old hound!”

Ginny laughed.

“Can I ask what happens in the nightmares? Ginny?”

Ginny nodded slowly, “Basically what he did to me, only each time his words are different, and his movements, but the surroundings are always the same, his features are always the same, the curse is always-” she stopped her self, she had never told any one that Tom had used the Cruatius Curse on her.

Sirius raised his eyebrow. “He used to torture you?”

Ginny hesitated, but then nodded.

“May I asked which curse?”

Ginny looked over to Moony, who also seemed to be listening, “The Cruatius,” she said, trying to make her voice calm.

Sirius stared at her, his mouth slightly open, “Does anyone else know this?”
Ginny nodded, “Only Professor Dumbledore and Bill.”

He nodded in understanding, “In your nightmares, do you feel the affect of the curse?”
She nodded, lowering her head. He squeezed her hand and gave her a small but warm smile, “Have you talked to Harry about this?”

Ginny's head snapped up, “No, why would I want to trouble him about it? He already put himself in danger to save me from Tom.”

He smiled, “He also has nightmares like yours…only different of course, you could be of help to each other.”

Ginny thought about this then laughed, “I don't think so, somehow…sorry.”

Sirius smiled slightly, “So, it looks like you've still got that little crush you once had on Harry-”

“Yes, I had a reality check with Hermione!”

He laughed, “You're not trying to tell me that you don't deserve him!”

She shrugged. “I think you'll find it's the other way around!” Ginny rolled her eyes.

Sirius leaned back in his chair a satisfied smile spread across his face. “How often do you have your nightmares?” asked Ginny, quickly changing the subject.

Sirius shrugged, “The ones of James and Lily since they died; the ones of Azkaban since I escaped.

Ginny nodded, “Makes sense, have you ever talked about them?”

Sirius smiled, once again, “Yeah, to old Moony here, but when I'm alone in this place when you all go to Hogwarts and when your parents go back to the Burrow, it'll be hard, Moony'll have to work for the order-”

“I can write!” Ginny exclaimed.

Sirius stared at the young women for a moment, “Okay, I'll hold it to you, I'll write a long letter to you at Hogwarts, about all my troubles, and I expect a long one back in return, about your nightmares and about keeping an eye out on my godson!”

Ginny nearly chocked on her hot chocolate, “You want me to spy on Harry?”

He shrugged, “He gets in trouble, but that's not what I mean, trouble he and I can handle-” (a look of pride was clearly spread across his features) “-but I mean with the girls, you know that kind of stuff!”

Ginny raised her eyebrows, “Right, yeah, sure I'll do THAT!”

Sirius laughed, and Moony seemed to be sniffing near the hole of the entrance to the kitchen, Sirius look over to the entrance with a frown and stood up.

“What is it?” asked Ginny, with a slight smile on her face.

Sirius smiled, “We have an eavesdropper!”

Ginny began to slowly stand up. She wasn't in the mood to share her thoughts with any one other than Sirius and Moony, least of all...

“Come on Harry; join in this conversation in stead of eavesdropping!”

Ginny groaned, “Oh no!”

Harry slowly popped his head around the hole, “Um, sorry, I was just, um”

Sirius rolled his eyes, “Yeah, how long have you been listening?”

“I didn't mean to!” Harry's pale face suddenly went crimson.

“How long?”

“I came to the kitchen just as you were talking about Ginny been attack by Voldemort with the Cruatius.”

Ginny glared at Harry, “Brilliant, just bloody brilliant, the last thing I wanted, was sympathy-”

She glared over at Sirius, who look slightly taken aback. “I'm going back to bed, night.” With that, she picked up her mug, put it in the sink and walked past Harry, who happened to be rooted on the spot.

“Ginny!” called Harry.

She whirled around. “Yes?”

“I'm sorry, I didn't mean to listen, I couldn't sleep, and I overheard you both talking, and I thought it'd be rude to interrupt you both-”

“It's also rude to ears drop!” she pointed out, her arms crossed over her chest.

Harry looked over to Sirius for some advice or help-

“Ginny, I don't think Harry meant any harm!”

Ginny looked between them both, and felt a nudge by her leg, Moony was ushering her to sit back down.

“Sorry,” she muttered.

Harry went to sit next to his godfather, and Moony went to sit by Ginny.

“So,” started Harry. “You never mentioned that you'd been attack by the Cruatious.”
Ginny shrugged, “It's no big deal,” she muttered.

Harry glanced over at her, “It's a very big deal Ginny. You were only eleven-”
“You were attack with the Avada Kedavra Curse when you were only one!” she pointed out.

“But it didn't work, did it!” he replied.

Ginny sat there, “Well, it's in the past-”

“You still have nightmares though!”

“So do you!”

Harry deflated. “Yeah, I do…and maybe Sirius is right, it's better to talk about it.”

Ginny nodded, “Yeah, I suppose it is.”

The room went quite, as Ginny got up, “I'm going to bed, but, sorry I snapped Harry and thank you Sirius-”

Sirius waved it off. “Thank you Ginny.”

As Ginny started to leave Harry called her, “Ginny, remember, I'm here to talk about it, yeah?”

Ginny smiled at him, “Same goes.”

He nodded, as she went back to bed.


Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear