Search:

SIYE Time:18:05 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Encounter by the Lake
By Hermy

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Humor, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 4
Summary: Harry and Ginny have an interesting encounter by the lake, but are later interrogated by Ron.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5580



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is the first story I've ever actually finished. And the second harry potter fanfiction I've attempted. So if it turned out bad, please critique me at will. And comment even if it did turn out well.

Editing and partial writing credit goes to Ginny Weasley, who is actually Rachael.




ChapterPrinter


Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley walked, side by side, next to the calm, blue lake at Hogwarts. The lake was so familiar to Harry after his adventures in his fourth year and the fact that he had lived next to it for almost six school years. Harry was extremely glad that he had started to hang out with Ginny more this year. He had recently realized that Ginny was a great person to talk to, and a great friend. But, one day, Harry had bumped into Ginny and her boyfriend, Dean, snogging passionately in an empty corridor. Ever since that moment, Harry’s life had been complicated beyond words. And, gradually, Harry felt himself start to fall in love with Ginny. Fortunately, Ginny and Dean had broken up a day after Harry had walked in on them. Harry had never been happier. The only thing that would make his situation better would be to actually have Ginny love him back…

Ginny’s hand bumped into Harry’s, and Harry felt a large amount of electricity course through his veins. By instinct, Harry gently took her hand in his own. Harry could hear his heart beating, and he sneaked a glance at Ginny to see if she could hear it too. Based on her seemingly calm expression, he guessed she was oblivious to the large object that seemed to want to burst out of his chest.

Suddenly, Ginny sighed. “Harry, there’s something I need to know. Are you holding my hand as a friend would–or as a representation of something more?”

“Well, I guess it depends.” Harry cleared his throat. “Would you rather me hold it as a friend or as–as someone who loves you?”

“Well,” Ginny said shyly, “I suppose, I’ve never truly wanted to be only your friend. So, I can’t really want you to hold it as a friend, can I?”

“Well, then I guess the right answer is yes, I’m holding your hand because I bloody well love you, and I never want to let go.”

“Well, then, I guess the feeling is mutual.” Ginny pulled Harry close. “This is because you’re more than a friend to me,” she whispered into his ear seductively. Then she kissed him.

Harry held her against him as tight as he thought he could without crushing her petite body. He pressed his lips against hers, and every time she started to pull away, he would kiss her again. Suddenly his whole world made sense. This was why he was born! Harry somehow knew that he was supposed to marry Ginny and make perfect children with her. After all, with the genes he had inherited and her brains and looks, how could their children turn out wrong?

Finally, Ginny stepped back out of his embrace. “I have to go, Harry. I just remembered something I forgot to do earlier.” With one quick kiss, she skipped off back to the Gryffindor common room.

Harry stood in a daze. Had he really just kissed his best friend’s little sister? What was he thinking? He was thinking how bloody good of a kisser she was, that was what! No, he just needed to clear his head. Just because Ginny was beautiful, an amazing kisser, and the girl he had liked since forever didn’t mean Harry could forget Ron’s feelings.

Ah, he’d bloody well forget Ron. Standing by the lake with her, the kiss had made him happier than Ron, in the almost six years they’d been friends, had ever made him. Harry hoped that Ron wouldn’t over-react. Its only a bit awkward to be going out with your friend’s little sister.

* * *

Back in the common room, Harry tried to gently explain to Ron about him and Ginny. In other words, Harry told Ron that just minutes ago he had kissed his sister by the lake and had wanted to never stop.

“Wait–you WHAT?” shouted Ron.

“Look–I don’t expect you to be happy about it. But that’s the way it turned out. Don’t get mad at Ginny either.”

“It’s just-I can’t-MY little-well, its just a little weird for me.”

“Well I bloody well can’t help my feelings,” Harry shouted.

“Can you guys not yell? I’m trying to WORK! I don’t know about you, but I think work is more important than whatever you’re talking about!” Hermione said, hidden behind her mountains of books.

“Hermione, this is very important! Harry was just making out with my little sister down by the lake,” Ron complained.

“You guys finally got together? Took you long enough to catch on, Harry,” Hermione laughed.

“Harry, what’s she bloody saying?”

“I think Hermione is saying that your sister has liked me for a while,” Harry stated.

This was too much for Ron. “Ginny! Get down here right now,” Ron shouted up the winding staircase to the dormitories. Ron was going to figure out whether or not this story was true from the source herself.

“What, my dear brother? I’m not sure I should come down,” Ginny called out. “If you’re wondering about the kiss, though–I can’t help my feelings for Harry. If you didn’t want me to fall for your friend, you need to get friends that are ugly jerks.”

“Ron, can’t you see that Ginny and I are perfect for each other? Get it into your bloody head and accept it!”

Ron sighed. He knew he should have seen it coming. Ginny had always been awkward around Harry, and Harry had over-reacted when he saw Ginny and Dean making out. It was the least he could do to accept it. “Alright, you and Ginny can be together. But I have the right to withdraw my approval at any time!”

As Ginny came down the stairs, Harry said, “Ron, Ginny and I don’t need your approval. I was just being polite!” Harry laughed and lightly took Ginny’s hand. They smiled at each other with so much love that Ron knew he was doomed.

Ron sighed. He figured he was in for a long summer.
Reviews 4
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear