Search:

SIYE Time:20:52 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Spectacular Truths
By somethingwicked

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:None
Genres: Comedy, Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 6
Summary: Ron and Harry come up with a plan to make the the girls confess their true feelings. Little do they know that Hermione and Ginny are doing the same exact thing. One-shot
Hitcount: Story Total: 4502



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
I hope you enjoy it, and please review!




ChapterPrinter


Spectacular Truths

“Shhhh! They’re going to hear us! Here take one.” said Ginny, handing Hermione an extendable ear. Both girls were crouched outside Ron and Harry’s room, attempting to listen to Ron and Harry’s conversation. They finally managed to put the ears in and watched as the flesh colored string went under the door crack. Suddenly they heard Harry’s voice as clear as if they were sitting with them.

“Ron, you know its illegal right?” said Harry.

“When has that ever stopped us from doing anything?” replied Ron.

“Yes, but isn’t that kind of infringing on their privacy?” said Harry.

“Harry, do you or do you not want to know if Ginny likes you? You’ll never make a move otherwise. I for one want to know if Hermione likes me,” said Ron.

At this point Hermione and Ginny both gasped and clapped their hands on their mouth. They turned and looked at each other with wide eyes.

“Do you know what this means?” whispered Hermione excitedly. “I bloody can’t believe it!”

“I know! Oh my god! Harry likes me? Wait shhh, they’re saying something else,” said Ginny.

“Of course I want to know if Ginny likes me! You know how long I’ve liked her! I just feel like it’s such a forceful way to find out.” said Harry. “You know what? I don’t care. I really want to find out. You have the Veritaserum?”

“Veritaserum??” said Hermione and Ginny simultaneously and rather loudly. They heard footsteps coming towards them and rushed into the nearby bathroom. The bedroom door opened and Ron’s red head stuck out, looking both ways.

“What? Is someone there?” they heard Harry ask.

“I thought I heard someone, but its nothing, forget it.” replied Ron, going back into the room. “Anyway, yes I do have the Veritaserum; I bought it last week when we went to Diagon Alley. So what we have to do is wait until dinner today. Mum invited the entire Order and is making a huge dinner in the backyard. We just have to take Hermione and Ginny to the side of the yard, give them a cup of lemonade with the potion it, and ask them our questions. It’s as simple as that.” said Ron triumphantly.

Hearing enough, Hermione and Ginny crept from the bathroom and rushed into Ginny’s room to make their own plan.

“Veritaserum! Can you believe it? Are they mad?” ranted Hermione.

“Hermione calm down! More importantly, Harry likes me! And Ron likes you!” said Ginny, a dreamy look in her eyes. “But I agree, they are insane and we have to do something about their little “plan”.

“Listen, we obviously won’t take the veritaserum ourselves, but I want them to take the veritaserum so they could confess to us, not the other way around,” said Hermione.

“Yeah that sounds good. Could veritaserum be put in food?” asked Ginny.

“Yes, it’s colorless and odorless so you could put it anywhere,” replied Hermione.

“Ok, that’s great. All we have to do is sneak into their room after they leave and grab the Veritaserum. Then we could take two pieces of the treacle tart Mum made and put the potion there. Treacle tart is Harry and Ron’s favorite, and I’ve never seen them refuse a piece.” said Ginny.

“Alright, one of us could distract them so they could leave the room and the other can go in and grab the Veritaserum. On second thought, I’ll distract them and you grab the Veritaserum since you know Ron’s room better,” said Hermione

“OK, let’s do it now since we don’t have much time,” said Ginny. Hermione nodded and went down the stairs towards the boy’s room. She conjured a piece of parchment from the air and said in a loud, carrying voice, “Oh look! Another letter from ViKtor! I’ve missed him so much!”

In a second Ron’s door flew open and Ron stomped out, his face an angry red. Harry, sensing danger followed him out.

“So, you’re still writing to Vicky, huh? Can he pronounce your name correctly now?” said Ron, his ears a magnificent shade of red.

“It’s none of your business who I write to, Ronald. If you really care than do something about it!” said Hermione, hitching up her letter and running down the stairs. Ron ran after her and Harry with an exasperated sigh went down after them too.

Stuffing her knuckles in her mouth to control her giggling, Ginny went down the stairs quietly and slipped in Ron’s room. She pulled out her wand from her pocket and whispered “Accio Veritaserum!” and a small bottle full with clear liquid zoomed out from Ron’s bedside cabinet. Soon she heard Ron’s angry footsteps stomping up the stairs, so she put the potion in her pocket and ran to the kitchen, only to find Hermione sitting on the table waiting expectantly for her.

“I got it!” she said breathlessly, pulling the bottle out of her pocket.

“Great! Listen, once we’re done, I’ll fill it up with water and we’ll put it back in their room.” said Hermione. “They’ll never know the difference.”

“Yeah, good idea. I mean they’re not that bright, but they’ll definitely suspect us if their bottle of Veritaserum suddenly disappears.” said Ginny.

“Did you see the look on Ron’s face when I said I’m still receiving letters from Viktor? It was priceless!” Hermione said with a very un-Hermione-ish giggle.

Ginny laughed loudly. “And poor Harry! Having to follow you two everywhere to make sure you won’t jinx each other into oblivion.” said Ginny, as she cut two generous pieces of the just-baked treacle tart and placed them on a plate.

“There. I got the treacle tart. Would you care to do the honors?” she said, pushing the plate towards Hermione.

Hermione nodded and uncorked the bottle, emptying its contents on the two pieces of cake. The potion mysteriously went into the cake without even wetting it, leaving no trace of it. Hermione and Ginny smiled wickedly while Ginny took the plate and hid it in the pantry for safekeeping. Hermione then pointed her wand at the now empty bottle and said “Agumenti” and watched the bottle fill up with water. She waited until it was full to the brim, corked it and went up the stairs. Making sure Ron’s room was empty; she slid in and placed the bottle in his bedside cabinet. At that moment a loud knock sounded from the front door and Ginny rushed to open it. Standing on the doorstep was Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt, and Mad-Eye Moody, eye spinning crazily in all directions. Ginny greeted them and led them to the backyard where other members of the Order, including Lupin were already assembled.

Ginny and Hermione followed them out of the back door and seated themselves around the heavily-laden picnic tables. A few moments later, Harry and Ron came out and sat next to the girls.

“Wow, Mrs. Weasley really outdid herself, didn’t she?” said Harry.

Ron merely nodded, being unable to talk due to his extremely stuffed mouth. Hermione gave him a look of disgust and turned to take a baked potato. Finally after everyone ate their fill,

Mrs. Weasley Vanished the food and brought out the desserts. Ginny threw Hermione a meaningful look that clearly meant “its time” and went into the kitchen to grab the plate of treacle tart.

She came outside and motioned to Hermione, Ron, and Harry. “Hey guys, want to go eat the treacle tart over there near the lake?” she asked them. They nodded and Ron said “I’ll go get some lemonade. Harry, come with me and help carry the cups.”

Ginny and Hermione giggled. “They are so obvious. As if he really needs help carrying the cups. What’s the point of having a wand?” said Ginny.

A few minutes later they all were sitting down by the pond on a picnic blanket Hermione conjured. They spent a few minutes happily abusing their most hated teachers, that is to say Snape and Umbridge when Ginny offered the plate of tart to the two unsuspecting boys. Strangely enough, they refused to take a piece, which was definitely a first, until Hermione and Ginny took a cup of lemonade each. Hermione and Ginny knew there was nothing but water in the drinks so they accepted it gladly enough. They each took a sip of lemonade and waited anxiously as the boys took a bite of their cake. Ginny waited until Harry and Ron finished their pieces and exclaimed how tasty it was before firing off her first question.

“Harry, do you like me?” she asked, staring straight into his vivid green eyes.

“I don’t like you, I love you with the white-hot intensity of a thousand burning suns.” said Harry. He clasped his hands over his mouth as if trying to stop from saying anything else and blushed a brilliant shade of red. He turned around and whispered furiously to Ron. “What in the world is happening here? I thought they were supposed to say the truth not the other way around!” Ron could not answer as he was rolling around the floor with uncontrollable laughter. Ginny had on odd expression on her face as if she couldn’t tell if she was extremely pleased with Harry’s answer or thought it was completely hilarious.

“Ronald, do you like me?” asked Hermione, apparently also attempting to not laugh at Harry’s very err... truthful answer.

At once, Ron stopped laughing and answered. “Hermione, I love you so much it pains me. Every time I see you all I want to do is tell you how much I love you and hold you close to me.”

At this answer, Ginny gave a loud snort and covered her face in her hands, apparently having an uncontrollable laughing fit. Hermione actually looked like she had tears in her eyes.

“Wait a second…….Ginny do you like me?” said Harry.

At once Ginny’s face emerged with tears of laughter still streaming down her face, but answered solemnly, “Harry I love you more than anyone in this world. You’re more important to me than the very air I breathe.” As she said this, she flushed scarlet and try as she might, she could not control her mouth. Shocked, she turned to Hermione, who for once in her life could not offer an explanation.

Harry, although obviously enormously pleased with this answer said triumphantly, “I knew it! They put Veritaserum in our treacle tart! You did, didn’t you?”

Simultaneously, Hermione and Ginny said yes.

“So! You guys put Veritaserum in our lemonade didn’t you? But wait, I thought we took your bottle!” said Hermione.

Once again Harry and Ron simultaneously said yes, but Ron said, “I had two bottles, one in my bedside cabinet, and one with me in my pocket. I had a feeling I would somehow lose the other one.”

Ginny smirked and said, “Well I guess were even then.” She stopped for a moment, apparently thinking of her next question and said, “Harry, what’s your dearest ambition?”

“To marry you and have twelve kids,” he answered promptly. “Oh and to defeat Voldemort,” he added as an afterthought.

“Hermione, do you still write to Viktor Krum?” asked Ron.

“Of course not. How could I write to someone like him when I have someone like you right here?” said Hermione.

“Harry do you want me to be your girlfriend?” asked Ginny.

“I don’t want you to be only my girlfriend, I want to be with you for the rest of eternity.” said Harry.

They continued on and on like this, every single one of them turning so red with each answer and question, one would think they had blushing jinxes put on them. However red they were however, they were relentless, trying to learn as much as possible about the other. They only stopped when Harry suddenly jumped up and kissed Ginny hard on the lips. Ron, following suit, did the same to Hermione.

They emerged several moments later, all looking at each other as if surprised by what they had done. Suddenly, they all started laughing uncontrollably, Ginny clutching her sides, Hermione gasping for air, and the two boys rolling around the floor.

“Well, that went spectacularly,” said Harry.

“And it was all my genius idea,” said Ron.

The two girls simply rolled their eyes and silenced the two boys by kissing them once again.


Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear