Search:

SIYE Time:13:50 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry's Worst Fear: Ginny's Perspective
By bricat

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Remus Lupin
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst
Warnings: Dark Fiction
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 3
Summary: How would the Weasleys react if Voldemort showed up on their doorstep? Here's one way they may. (Part of the story All You Need Is Love)
Hitcount: Story Total: 5223



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is the alternate perspective that I had promised a while ago for Chapter 22 of All You Need Is Love. Enjoy




ChapterPrinter


It had been a while since Ginny and Harry had talked. She was working on her parents everyday to try and get them to return to Grimmauld Place. The feeling that something bad was going to happen, had been weighing on her more and more heavily.

Ginny was thinking about Harry as she set the table. He had told her they thought they had a way to destroy that last Horcrux. Then the real dangerous work would begin, finding and destroying the snake and Voldemort.

The kitchen full of the smells of delicious food enticed the inhabitants of the Burrow out of their various employments, and they congregated in the kitchen. Ginny sat down between her parents, and across from Lupin and Tonks, who were joining them this evening.

“Everything looks delicious Molly, as usual —“ Lupin started but never finished his compliment.

A shrill noise filled the whole house. Lupin, Tonks and Mr. Weasley jumped to their feet.

“The stealth sensors,” Mr. Weasley said looking at Lupin in a scared and worried way. They gave Ginny the merest half-glance before turning their attention to the door, wands drawn.

Several loud cracks ripped through the night air. Mrs. Weasley screamed, and clutched Ginny to her. She didn’t remove her vice-grip from her daughters arm when several patronuses shot into the air. The back-up guard from the Order had arrived.

“You three get back to headquarters,” Lupin said rapidly to Ginny and her parents as he and Tonks rushed out the door. “We’ll sort them out.”

“Oh no,” Molly cried as she concentrated her mind to Disapparate.

Arthur looked at his wife, and Ginny could see he knew she would not be able to side-along Apparate Ginny out of there.

“Molly, calm down and go,” he said to her. He grabbed Ginny’s arm instead and twisted. They remained within the Burrow’s kitchen. A second attempt yielded no better results.

“Damn,” Arthur said.

Molly clearly waiting to see her daughter safely away, gasped. “We’ll go outside.” He took his daughter’s hand. “We’ll only be out there for a few seconds. That should be plenty of time —“

With a small click the back door to the Burrow unlocked, and swung inwards. On the threshold stood a tall, pale, skeletally thin man with gleaming red eyes, and no nose. Voldemort was pleased.

Molly Weasley let out a small shriek at his appearance, but moved closer to her daughter. Arthur too, still holding onto Ginny from their failed attempts to Apparate, clutched his daughter tighter to him, and made to say something. With one wave of his wand, however, Voldemort forced Molly and Arthur back onto chairs at the so recently vacated dining room table; they could not move. He then turned those terrible red eyes on the youngest Weasley.

“Hello Ginevra, how long I have wanted to meet you! Ever since I learned you were the one that opened the Chamber for me.”

“What do you want?” Ginny asked fiercely and more bravely than she felt. She was sure she knew what he wanted. There was only one reason that he would be here, Harry.

“My, my, you are a feisty one aren’t you?” Voldemort asked, a sinister smile on his face. “What else would I want from you Ginevra, but for you to get Harry here for me.”

“I will not,” Ginny replied, her worst fears confirmed. She would not play his game, least of all when it involved Harry. He could do whatever he wanted to her but she was not going to give in.

“Oh but I think you will,” Voldemort continued to smile. Ginny involuntarily shuddered.

“No,” she said again. “I’m not going to subject Harry to you. You’ve done enough to him already.”

“Enough? Oh Ginevra, I’m just getting started. No, no, no. Harry and I have some unfinished business to attend to. There are several more things that I need to do to Harry Potter before the end.”

Ginny said nothing. She was trying to think of a way to get out of this situation. Nothing came to her. Despite the direness of the situation that she was in, she couldn’t help but feel a sudden upsurge of affection and appreciation for Harry. How did he manage to get himself out of these situations all the time? If he were here, he’d know what to do.

“You’re stubborn, like him. All the more fun we’re going to have, you and I. Now stop playing the noble heroine and contact Harry,” Voldemort demanded.

“No,” Ginny said.

“No?” His eyes narrowed, the Dark Lord raised his wand in those disgustingly distorted spider-like fingers. “Well, Ginevra, some persuasion is in order it seems.”

Ginny was sure the Cruciatus Curse was coming, and made ready to avoid it. But Voldemort turned his wand, not on her, but her father.

Unable to move, Arthur Weasley convulsed in his chair letting out shrieks of pain. Molly and Ginny watched as it went on and on.

Ginny stared at her father, tears streaming down her cheeks. She couldn’t do it. She couldn’t sacrifice her dad for her boyfriend. There was only one thing to do.

“All right, stop,” she cried. “I’ll do it.”

Slowly she pulled out her mirror and called Harry’s name. He appeared almost at once, looking triumphant as he started to tell her they’d destroyed the Horcrux. He stopped dead when he saw her face.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“He’s here,” Ginny replied, knowing that no further explanation would be needed. She had done her part and would have left it at that until it really sank in that Harry was going to come here to the Burrow.

“Don’t do it Harry. Just stay there. It’s a tr —“ she burst out rapidly, but wasn’t able to finish because Voldemort snatched the mirror out of her hands. He looked down into it for a few seconds and then put it into his pocket.

“He’ll be here any minute. Then the fun will really begin. Don’t you think Ginevra?” Voldemort asked, grabbing her, and pulling her out of the house as his hostage.

“Why don’t you just leave Harry alone?” Ginny asked trying to struggle free of his grasp. His skin was clammy cold, like a snake’s. She knew he would not. It was a question she asked automatically to buy herself time, trying to think of a way to get out of this situation, an impossible feat it seemed.

“Oh no, I need you, Ginevra. You are going to help me destroy Harry Potter once and for all. And speaking of Harry, here he is . . . show time, Ginevra.”

Voldemort pulled her outside and Ginny, still struggling to get free, saw Harry. She had never seen him look so angry and scared before.

Harry tried and failed to get Voldemort to release her. Ginny meanwhile was trying to convey to Harry to get out of there and let her handle this by herself. All too soon though Voldemort was gripping her tighter and dragging her with him as he disappeared.
Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear