Search:

SIYE Time:6:13 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Meander
By Alyssa Raven

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:None
Genres: Angst, Drama, General
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 4
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

"Even straight roads meander," he said thoughtfully, looking into her eyes, "And while we have strayed very far off of our path..." His voice dropped to a low whisper. "I think that we’ve found our road again."
Hitcount: Story Total: 3519



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
I wrote this about two years before Deathly Hallows was released. However, upon its release I decided that I should pull this out of the vault and dust it up a little. I tweaked a few things that made it more DH compatible, so it's still canon. I hope you enjoy it!




ChapterPrinter


An Article from Witch Weekly, August 2000

HARRY POTTER WEDS DAUGHTER OF MINISTRY EMPLOYEE
Steven Ore, Reporter


The Ministry of Magic had more than England’s victory of the Quidditch cup to celebrate this weekend. On Saturday, August 19, Harry J. Potter exchanged vows at the altar with Ginevra M. Weasley, the daughter of long-time Ministry employee, Arthur Weasley, in the St. Rosenburg’s Church at the edge of Hogsmeade.

The groom wore a handsome black tuxedo by Chiarelli Uomo, while the bride wore a luxurious dress made by Oleg Cassini. Despite the expensive tastes in wedding apparel, the ceremony was otherwise very modest.

“The wedding was absolutely perfect, exactly how we envisioned. It could not have possibly been any better,” Potter said in a statement. “Ginevra and I are looking forward to our life together.”

The reception took place at The Setting Sun, a club in central Hogsmeade. Many friends and relatives of the couple attended the ceremony, including many friends who had attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry with the bride and groom three years ago.
“They could not be any more perfect together,” commented Hermione Granger, a close friend of Potter who also participated in the wedding as the bride’s maid of honor. “They are going to be so happy.”

Is there talk of children in the future?

“Yes,” Potter said, “But not for a long while. Ginny and I want to spend some time together before bringing any little Potters into the world.”

The couple are going to honeymoon in France before returning to England, where Potter is expected to take a job the Ministry of Magic. Weasley is a Mediwitch at St. Mungo’s.

- - -


Sunday, July 16, 2003


Diary,

Mum always told me to follow my gut instinct. My women’s intuition. But what happens when your instincts and your intuition are telling you things that you don’t want to hear? Do you ignore them? Do you lock them in a box and swallow the key? I don’t know. I don’t know anything anymore.

There is another woman involved.

There has to be, I just know there has to be. It would put an explanation to everything that's been going on...

I’m watching Harry sleep right now. I’ve always found him so fascinating to watch when he’s asleep. It makes me wonder what he dreams, what he sees. It makes me wonder exactly where he goes when he’s wandered off into dreamland. I’ll never know. Looking at him, I wish I could guess. His hair is a mess. Then again, that’s nothing new; it’s always a mess. He just can’t ever seem to keep it tidy. His eyebrows are furrowed, too, just like when he’s thinking really hard about something. I wonder what he’s thinking about.

Is he thinking about her? Is he thinking about the Other Woman?

He owled me at around 7 o’clock tonight to tell me that he would be coming home late from the Ministry. Apparently, there had been a mishap with some exploding kitchen knives, and he couldn’t duck out of it. He told me to leave his dinner on the table, that he would eat when he got home. (I didn’t because the Ministry owls and / or old Helga would probably eat it all before he arrived home.) I asked him if I should wait for him or not, and he said no. He didn’t know how long he would be.

How long could it possibly take to shag someone on your desk?

He came home around 1 (that was about an hour ago). He said that fixing the kitchen knife problem had taken longer to deal with than expected. Do exploding kitchen knives really take six hours of hexes and spells before they stop exploding? He seemed shocked to find that I was still awake, and told me that I should have gone to sleep. I told him that I couldn’t sleep, and that I was just catching up on my reading. But really, I was just waiting for him.


I suppose he didn’t know that I had noticed anything strange, but I had. His hair was definitely more messy than usual, his collar was upturned, his tie was undone, and his buttons were unbuttoned. I asked him about it, and he told me that it had been a long day at the office, and he "was tired" and just had to "get rid" of his tie.

Should I be unsurprised that he didn’t want to wear his tie? I mean, I dealt with one for seven years at Hogwarts, I can remember how stuffy they are…

That still doesn't explain the unbuttoned buttons, though.

There’s another woman involved, I just know it. It’s as though the words can’t leave my mind. There’s another woman involved. There’s another woman involved. There’s another woman...

Does he really think I’m stupid? Does he really think I don’t notice? He’s such a terrible liar. He was never able to hide anything from me because his eyes always told the truth. So what makes him think he can get by with this? I can’t lose him. I absolutely cannot lose him to another woman. And I most certainly will not. He is my life, my solace. He is my everything. And I will not let that fall out of my grasp because a primped and proper tart wants her way with him.

I wish that we can go back to the days after we got married. Things were so simple back then, it felt like. Harry wasn’t working with the Ministry then, and I was working toward becoming a Mediwitch at St. Mungo’s. There were no late nights, nor early mornings, nor lonely breakfasts or suppers. It was just me and him, him and I.

Now it feels like it’s him, me, and the Ministry. Like there’s a triangle, and the third angle is so dominating that it warps the shape. I don’t know what to do anymore; I don’t know what to think.

He’s turning in his sleep, now. He looks bothered.

I wonder what’s gnawing at him. I wish he would just tell me already.

-Ginevra-
Reviews 4
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear