Search:

SIYE Time:11:33 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


When You Were Gone
By faded memories

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General, Romance, Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 3
Summary: Harry and Ginny mourn their losses of each other. Companion to "I Don't Get Along Without You Very Well."
Hitcount: Story Total: 4408



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Thankies go to griffindorechicky101 for her support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know Harry is a little OOC with the crying and all, but............




ChapterPrinter


I always needed time on my own
I never thought I'd need you there when I cry
And the days feel like years when I'm alone
And the bed where you lie
Is made up on your side


Harry Potter had the most amazing dream. He was back with Ginny, and Voldemort was dead. He woke up and turned over, half-expecting to see Ginny lying by his side, but there was no one lying beside him.

A silent tear fell down his face, and he buried his head under his pillow. He was trying to shut out his memories of Ginny, but it was no use. The memories came to him in a flood: the first time he kissed her, the second time he kissed her, the third time he kissed her, the fourth time he kissed her, the last time he kissed her, the smell of her hair...

When you walk away
I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now?


Ginny Weasley was crying. Dumbledore was dead, and Harry had just broken up with her. She stared at Harry’s retreating back and willed him to come back and kiss her, saying it was all a joke or a misunderstanding. Harry did not turn back, even to look at Ginny. He just kept walking.

Ginny sank to the ground, sobbing. She did not care that people were looking at her as they walked up to the castle. Colin Creevey tried to comfort her, but she sent a hex at him. After that, people skirted around her, not daring to get too close.

This made Ginny cry even harder. There were so many happy things in their relationship, but none of them cheered her up.

When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too
When you're gone
The words I need to hear to always get me through the day
And make it OK
I miss you


Pigwidgeon landed in front of Harry’s tent and clicked his beak. Harry ran over to him, hope rising in his chest. He held out his hand, and Pigwidgeon perched on his arm. Pigwidgeon didn't drop a letter on his lap, and the hope that filled Harry’s chest turned to lead.

There was never any news of Ginny, and he did not think of it as “No news is good news.”

Both Ron and Hermione had told him that it was dangerous to send Pigwidgeon out, but Harry sent him out to the Burrow to check for danger at least twice a week. He hoped that Ginny would see the owl and lure him over to give him a letter for Harry, but this was not the case.

Harry sank down to the ground and remembered happier days with Ginny…

I never felt this way before
Everything that I do
Reminds me of you
And the clothes you left
They lie on the floor
And they smell just like you
I love the things that you do


Ginny walked into Ron’s room. She didn't look at the ghoul lying in Ron’s bed, but searched the room. She found what she was looking for in a corner by the window: one of Harry’s shirts. She clutched it to her chest and breathed in deeply. The shirt still smelled like Harry, and Ginny began to cry.

“Why did you leave me Harry?” she said desperately through her tears, but no answer came. Somehow, she was reminded of Harry’s ruffled hair, his eyes that were “as green as a fresh pickled toad,” and his smile. His smile was Ginny’s favourite sight in the world. The smile seemed to be directed at Ginny and no one else, and she always filled up with pride at the thought that she was his and no one else’s.

When you walk away
I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now?


Harry was walking away from Ginny after breaking up with her. He desperately wanted to look back at her, to tell her he was in love with her, but he didn't want to make her cry any harder.

He trudged up to his dormitory and flopped onto the bed. All his energy seemed to have been sucked right out of him while he was breaking up with Ginny. He turned away from Ron’s bed so his best mate would not see him crying. For the first time since he left the Dursley’s, he cried himself to sleep.

Harry cried himself to sleep most nights, and his dreams were filled with memories of him and Ginny.

When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too
When you're gone
The words I need to hear to always get me through the day
And make it OK
I miss you


Errol flew into the kitchen at the Burrow with the mail. Ginny pulled Errol over to her before anyone else even saw him. Ginny tore through the mail, but she did not find anything from Harry.

Ginny tried to stop the tears from coming, but it was no use. The cereal in her stomach turned into a mass of snakes. Every morning was like this, and Ginny always ended up rushing to her bedroom to cry some more.

Her family pretended not to notice, but it was hard for them to keep from talking to her about it. Every time Bill came over, he noticed that she was getting thinner. He talked to his mother about putting potions in her food at breakfast. They helped, but there was still a haunted look in Ginny’s eyes, and she never smiled. She looked as if someone had just died, and in a way, it was true. There was not even a shadow of her old self to be found.

We were made for each other
Out here forever
I know we were
Yeah Yeah


Harry felt utterly alone, even though he had Ron and Hermione to keep him company. He didn't feel right without Ginny by his side, helping him fight.

You broke up with her for her own good, Harry, he told himself.

You were just being selfish, said a small voice in the back of his mind. You just want to make sure she doesn’t get hurt.

And what’s wrong with that?
He thought defiantly.

You’ve stopped her from fighting for what she believes in, said the voice.

Harry did not bother arguing with that. He just sank down to the floor and wrapped himself in memories of happier days.

All I ever wanted was for you to know
Everything I do I give my heart and soul
I can hardly breathe I need to feel you here with me
Yeah


Ginny’s eyes were permanently red and swollen from all her crying. Her chest felt more restricted with every sob. Her anger didn't make her work suffer, however. She just worked harder and harder, as if doing well in everything would make Harry come home to her.

Ginny developed an obsession with cleaning. She cleaned the whole house during the Christmas holiday, and, just before she was pulled out of school, she cleaned the whole Common Room. Her hands were rubbed raw from all the scrubbing of floors, and she developed massive calluses, as well. She had blisters on her feet from walking barefoot in the kitchen fireplace, but she did not care. Her mother became worried for her, and wanted to bring her to see a Healer, but Ginny flew into a rage every time Molly suggested it.

“I’m fine, mother!” she screeched. “There’s nothing wrong with me!”

After she cleaned the house, Ginny would always dink onto her bed and cry. She kept a picture of Harry by her bedside for a while, but the pain of looking at Harry’s face got to be too much after a few weeks. Ginny flung the picture under her bed, and it stayed there, gathering dust.

When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too
And When you're gone
The words I need to hear will always get me through the day
And make it OK
I miss you


Harry and Ginny were standing face to face. He was wearing a tuxedo, and she was wearing a wedding gown.

Harry looked into Ginny’s eyes. “You are the most wonderful person I have ever met, and you stood by me through anything. You waited for me when I was gone, and you were willing to love me when I came back,” he said. “You made me a better person, even though I put up one hell of a fight. I look forward to our journey together. May this ring be the symbol of our eternal love.” Harry slipped a beautiful gold ring on Ginny’s finger.

Ginny beamed up into Harry’s face. “I still don't know what I've done to deserve you, but whatever it is, I'll try to keep doing it, and I promise to stand by you, to honour you, till death do us part,” she said. “May this ring be a symbol of our eternal love.” She slipped another, equally beautiful band on Harry’s finger.

A small wizard standing in front of the happy couple said, “You may now kiss the bride.”

Harry leaned over and did just that...
Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear