Search:

SIYE Time:11:00 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Every Dream Come True
By scarlettandgold

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 4
Summary: Ginny has a little... surprise for Harry, although she's afraid to tell him about it. Will it be an happily ever after? One shot, but there may be more. =]
Hitcount: Story Total: 5886



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Thank you SOOO much for reading!!!!
If you liked it, or have any cc for me, please please please leave me a review!
it will truly make my day!!!
If you liked this also, if I get requests for a sequel, I may comply.
Thanks so much again!!




ChapterPrinter


The lights in the bathroom were flickering over a petite figure, who sat crouched over the toilet seat. What was peculiar about the scene was that the girl, woman rather, sat fully clothed atop the seat. Her flaming red hair draped around her, as if it were a shield protecting here from the world around her. In her hand lay a strip of paper, with a wand held to it.

The woman had silent tears streaming down her face, tears of sorrow, or tears of joy, even she did not know. In the distance, she could hear the sound of footsteps echoing as someone walked up the stairs. The walking figure soon came to a halt, and was soon followed by a knock on the door.

The woman ignored this knock, but sprang into action. She quickly threw the strip into the dustbin next to her, and stuffed her wand away. She lifted one hand to wipe away the tears that had welled from her eyes.

"Ginny, love, are you okay in there?" the voice called from outside the bathroom door. Once more, she didn't reply, but let out a muffled sound. She knew that she would have to open up the door and let him in sooner or later, but she preferred to hold him off for a while longer.

Her eyes traveled to near the ceiling, where the lights were. They were annoying her with their flickering, once bright, and then dull, in an ongoing circle. She wanted to turn the lights out at once, but knew that would do her no good.

"Ginny?" the voice called out once more, only this time more urgently and worried than before. She could sense the urgency in his voice, he sounded extremely concerned. At last, she let out a sigh, and opened the door.

The man's bright green eyes grew wide in shock at the sight before him. The woman's eyes were red, and slightly puffed, it was obvious she had been crying. Her hair was tussled, which was odd since she usually hated having one strand out of order. The look on her face was that of dismay, shock, happiness, and maybe even anger, all mixed together.

She slowly lifted her eyes, to look up at the man. There were still tears welling up in her eyes, and she blinked furiously to keep them off of her face. The man's face softened when assured she wasn't mortally hurt in some way, and he wrapped her up in his strong arms. She complied with his touch; she wasn't in any state to argue now. She laid her head down lightly on his chest, and felt more tears growing.

"Do you want to tell me what's wrong?" he asked her in a kind, gentle tone, and rested his chin atop her head. She shook her head softly, and sighed. She would have to tell him, and now.

"I... I," she started, and looked down at her feet once more. She was wearing a pair of black flip flops, with sequins on the strap. The sequins were in different states of falling off, some holding on by a single thread, some barely off. She slowly looked back up at him.

This was, by far, one of the hardest things she had ever had to do in her life. She had no idea what his reaction would be, how he would receive the news.

"Ginny? Love?" the man, Harry, asked her again. He was beginning to grow worried with her. She was usually not like this, so drawn, so reserved from him.

"I….. I'm pregnant," she blurted out all at once, and her word came out in one big jumble, rather than actual coherent words.

He shot her an inquisitive look, and lifted her chin up so they were eye to eye once more, "What?" he said in the most polite tone he could muster.

"I… We're having a baby," she said finally, in an audible tone this time. She studied his face for a reaction.

His first expression was confusion, which slowly turned into shock, and then acceptance. His mind went into a whirlwind, with so many thoughts coming at him at once. They were having a baby? Ginny was pregnant? No, it couldn't be. It wasn't that he was angry at her, but rather shocked. This was completely unexpected.

He was jerked out of his thoughts by the sound of her voice. "Harry?" she asked nervously, afraid of his response. She gently placed one of her hands on his, to comfort him.

"I…," his face broke into a wide grin, "I'm elated, Gin!" he whooped. He gently picked her up and spun her around, "I can't believe this! We're going to be parents!" he cried out happily.

She nodded giddily, "Me either!" Her expression changed, to a more worried tone, "So... you aren't mad?" she asked cautiously.

He shook his head vigorously, "No, of course not! How could I ever be mad at you? This had made me so happy! I was slightly… shocked I guess, but not mad, definitely not mad," he explained, and lightly kissed her on the lips.

She smiled once more, with a lopsided grin on her face. She moved her hand down to her belly, and stroked it gently. "I can't believe it either! Us! Parents!" she cried gleefully. A thought occurred to her, what if she was a horrible mother? What if she did something horrible to their child on accident?

Harry noticed her sudden change in expression, and looked at her curiously, "What's wrong love?" he asked worriedly.

"Nothing, it's nothing really," she shrugged it off, and gave him an assuring smile which was not completely assuring. "I love you," she said softly, and leaned into his embrace once more. It felt perfect, being in his arms, forever, without a care in the world.

Harry nodded, and simply held her, his every dream had come true. He had everything in the world that he could ever want, a beautiful girlfriend who was having his child, and the pretty much perfect life.
Reviews 4
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear