Search:

SIYE Time:4:56 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Memories
By jojo_dolphin2394

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Ron Weasley
Genres: General, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 3
Summary: HBP: While Harry was off with Dumbledore, the battle was just beginning at Hogwarts. But what was Ginny doing?
Hitcount: Story Total: 3850



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is my first Harry/Ginny fanfiction. Tell me what you think!




ChapterPrinter


~ Memories ~


It was a glorious sunset.

The sky was slightly pink from the rays of the setting sun. Shades of red, yellow and orange were displayed over her head and she watched, her mind swimming with serene memories, memories she would never forget.

The sun disappeared beyond the horizon, and before her eyes the sky slowly changed from reds, yellows and oranges, to pinks, purples and blues. The outlines of radiating silver stars began to shine behind fluffy, now dispersing clouds. She had never seen a more beautiful sunset, and she wished he was there to enjoy it with her.

She was walking, just walking, when she saw it. A trio of Dementors, their long black cloaks billowing in the wind, crowding over a tiny first-year girl, a girl she knew to be a Ravenclaw called Maria. Maria was trying to back away, her blonde curls bouncing in fear, not realising she was reaching one of the castle’s many walls, a dead-end, and when she did, she screamed. That was her only option.

The girl, who had been walking, stopped. She stared at the scene, her bright-brown eyes full of pity for Maria. The Dementors continued, frosting the green summer in their path. The girl’s bones aching from studying hard for OWLs the whole afternoon, she reached for her wand in her back pocket, and raced towards them.

She ran through the grassy meadows, soft at first, but then crunchy as she stepped on frozen daisies and daffodils, entering her foe’s path. It seemed the summer was frosting away as she approached the Dementors; the perfect summer afternoon she had been daydreaming was melting away. She felt a fire light itself inside her; they would not take that memory. She would not let them.

She had never been able to conjure a Patronus, no matter how many times Harry had tried to teach her. She sighed with frustration as one Dementor leaned in to administer the kiss, it’s skeletal fingers grasping the dark hood, pulling it down and presenting it’s decayed and hollow-like face; she watched as Maria noticed her and looked with pleading crystal-blue eyes. It was a wonder Maria hadn’t fainted, but the girl could see her pale skin and vast shakes. Then summoning all of her determination, she thought of the happiest memory she could and let the incantation roll off her tongue.

The memory filled her from head to toe. She let her imagination explore every corner. She swallowed up the scenery and lost herself in the words in which she had been conversing. She felt herself spinning and closed her eyes, letting the memory engulf her mind and take her with it.

It was a sunny afternoon, and she had decided to take a break from her revision. She was walking by the lake, and she smiled as she watched the younger students throw pebbles at the water and giggled and laughed as a gigantic tentacle popped up and snatched it, sending rippling waves towards the banks. She saw other couples sitting quietly or walking as she was. It was a perfect afternoon.

“How are your studies going, sweetheart?” asked her one and only love, Harry Potter. His voice was husky, from being so quiet for the whole afternoon.

“Just fine,” she replied. Her hand took his and they just walked, enjoying each other’s company.

She could tell he was deep in thought; his brow was furrowed, his hand holding hers quite tightly. She stepped in front of him, and put a hand on his shoulder. “Harry, what’s wrong?” she asked.

“I love you,” he whispered, his green eyes looking into her own. “I love you. I can’t believe I never saw what an amazing person you are. You’re gorgeous, hardworking, brave, loyal, honest, funny, smart. And I can’t believe I didn’t notice beforehand.” She blushed, before leaning to give him a passionate kiss.

Then they continued walking, just walking. The sunshine reflecting on her hair made the locks glow slightly, and she leaned into Harry, not wanting the moment to end.

He stopped. She glanced at him and realised he was pulling her to sit against a pretty cherry-blossom tree. And that was where they sat for hours, covered in light-pink petals, her head on his firm chest, fingers entwined with his, and their heads full of happy daydreams, occasionally sneaking glances and kisses. She had loved that peaceful afternoon. Nothing had gone wrong. None of the dark forces that seemed to follow him around entered that happy memory. When she felt herself slipping away from the sunlight, she sighed and focussed on conjuring her Patronus.


And it came; a little lion cub crawled out and charged at the Dementors. She felt pleased; the lion cub mirrored her personality. She was a true Gryffindor, with a strong temper and vivid red locks that accompanied her character. She would always be there for her friends and family, she took pleasure in spending time with them, just like the cub and his pride. She kept secrets, and she was proud, and God knew a lion was proud! Although nobody knew her other side, nobody except him. No one else knew why the lion was not the majestic beast people imagined it as, but a small and meek cub.

She had weaknesses, too.

She was worried sick about him, always the hero with the saving-people-thing that Hermione called it. She knew that he was grieving for his Godfather, and that killed her inside. She loved him. She loved him so hard it hurt. And she had to tell him. If she was captured, he mustn’t follow. He was her weakness, just as size was her cubs. If anything happened to him, because he’d been trying to save her, like he had gone to rescue her from the Chamber of Secrets, she would never forgive herself. She loved him, and now she knew.

The Dementors backed away from the shining lion cub, as it charged with such power. She was reminded of herself, so small but with such courage and force. And in minutes, they were gone; both the Patronus and the Dementors had disappeared. She smiled at her success, and looked up to see little Maria running up to her. The girl gave a whispered “Thank you,” before running into the Entrance Hall.

She followed. Images of Harry scattered through her mind, times just like the lake, without nasty interruptions. She felt herself drifting into the memory when she had first seen him and moreover to when he had kissed at the party after the Quidditch Cup. She smiled and let herself drift into the abyss, enjoying his somewhat telepathic presence. But she was jolted back down to Earth and realty when she felt it; a slight burning near her thigh. She touched the area and felt a large galleon. Taking it out of her pocket, she realised it was an urgent message from the DA. She remembered Harry telling her not to take it out of her pocket in case something happened.

Her expression turned to worry as she walked briskly towards the Room of Requirement, when she saw her brother and a friend waiting nervously outside the wall. Before she could ask what was going on, a door appeared and opened and everything turned black.

The last thing she remembered before she hit the ground, shoved by a passing Death Eater, was his face; Harry’s face. He had helped in other times of need and he would be in her mind forever.

Ginny Weasley loved Harry Potter, and that was all that mattered.
Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear