Search:

SIYE Time:19:44 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Snow
By jittybug0123j

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:All
Genres: Fluff, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 10
Summary: It's a very fluffy one-shot about a special time in Harry and Ginny's marriage.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5094



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Please let me know what you think of this story...I would really appreciate it!!!




ChapterPrinter


Harry Potter was sitting in his living room staring at the fire in the fireplace reflecting on what had happened during the past week. He and his beautiful wife had just spent their first anniversary together in Rome visiting all the sites. Above all the wonderful places there was to see in Rome, what stuck out in Harry’s mind most was the smile that never seemed to leave his wife’s face. Harry was a little disappointed, however, when Ginny decided she wanted to go visit her best friend when they got home. After all, it was their last day to spend together before they had to go back to work.

Ginny Potter was in the kitchen making her husband and herself mugs of hot chocolate. She smiled as she thought of the past week. His first anniversary gift had been a surprise and Ginny had not expected the week long trip to Rome. It was beautiful there and she had the best time with her husband. Ginny hated the disappointed look on her husband’s handsome face when she told him she was going to visit Hermione. Hopefully, He wouldn’t wear the same look when she told him her news. When the drinks were ready, she put a few marshmallows in Harry’s mug knowing it was just the way he liked it.

Harry looked up as Ginny walked into the living room and handed Harry his steaming mug of his favorite chocolate drink. Ginny sank into the loveseat beside Harry and he draped his arm around her shoulders. He leaned over and gave her a soft kiss on the cheek.

“Thanks for the hot chocolate. It’s perfect,” Harry said after taking a sip.

“You’re welcome. I’m glad you like it. Thank you for the wonderful anniversary gift. I loved it!” Ginny replied.

“Look, Sweetheart, it’s snowing.” Harry pointed to the window with a knowing smile.

Ginny laid her head on Harry’s shoulder and watched the snow fall, thinking about one of the happiest moments in her life, about two years ago, when the snow had been falling then too.

“Harry, why did you drag me out of my warm bed and into the freezing cold?” Ginny stared incredulously at her boyfriend, waiting impatiently for an answer.

Harry just chuckled. He had planned this for a while. He talked to Mr. and Mrs. Weasley receiving their waiting approval and making them aware of his plans.

“I wanted to apologise for how insensitive I was this afternoon. Can you forgive me?” Harry asked.

Ginny sighed. “Of course I can forgive you, but why did you wake me up in the middle of the night and bring me out in the snow just for that?”

“Well, I wanted to do this, too.” Harry reached his hand up and put it behind her neck and brought her face close to his. Ginny wrapped her arms around his waist and closed the distance between their lips. After a long moment, Harry reluctantly pulled back and stared intensely into Ginny’s eyes.

“I love you, Ginny.”

“I love you, too, Harry.”

“Then marry me.”

Ginny’s eyes widened as Harry reached into his coat pocket and pulled out beautiful, yet simple, diamond engagement ring.

When Ginny didn’t say anything, Harry continued, “I really didn’t mean to just blurt it out like that. I had this great list of reasons why I wanted to marry you and was going to get down on one knee and everything. I guess I just got caught up in the moment after that kiss and couldn’t help myself and…”

Ginny, having heard enough of the rambling, finally spoke up. “Harry! Would you just shut up, put that ring on my finger, and kiss me again?”

“Is that a yes?”

“Of course it’s a yes! Now just get over here and do what I said!”

Harry wasted no time slipping the ring onto her finger and pulling her into his arms. He lowered his mouth to Ginny’s and gave her a kiss she would never forget. As soon as Harry pulled away he picked her up and spun her in circles while she laughed and squealed. When he sat her down again, Harry hugged Ginny close for a few minutes, then led her back into the Burrow. Her parents were waiting in the living room with congratulatory hugs.


Ginny gave a small giggle as she remembered that night. Harry smiled, too, knowing what she was thinking of. Suddenly, Ginny jerked her head to look at Harry with wide eyes and a huge grin. She stood up, grabbed his hand, and started to pull him outside.

“Ginny, what are you doing? Why are you bringing me out here? It’s freezing!” Harry asked, surprised.

“Well, I’m certainly not asking you to marry me or anything.” Ginny smiled and winked. “I do have something I need to tell you, though.”

“And it didn’t occur to you that you could say whatever it is inside by the fire where it’s warm?” Harry asked.

Ginny shook her head. “Nope. This way is much better. You made that clear two years ago. I just hope you’ll be okay with this news. I mean, it wasn’t planned or anything, but we also didn’t do anything to prevent it, and I’m really surprised it hasn’t happened sooner. It is something we’ve talked about, but we haven’t made any definite decisions concerning it. I’m really excited about it, but I want you to be, too, and…”

“Ginny! Calm down. Just answer me one question. Are we having a baby?” Harry asked with a hopeful expression.

Ginny closed her eyes and nodded tentatively. Barely a second later, she felt Harry’s arms go around her and squeeze her tightly, and then his lips settled on hers in a sweet kiss. She opened her eyes and saw the happiness in Harry’s eyes that mirrored her own. He and Ginny slowly walked back into their house and warmed up by the fire.

“When will our bundle of joy be here?” Harry asked with his eyes full of excitement.

“In about seven months. I’m two months along.” Ginny replied.

“So that’s why you went over to Ron and Hermione’s this afternoon.”

“Yes. I’ve had my suspicions for the past month but I just couldn’t wait any longer to find out, and Hermione went with me to St. Mungo’s to confirm it. So you really are happy about this?” Ginny asked.

His only answer was to place his hands on her belly in which he knew was the life he had helped create. Harry placed a tender kiss on Ginny’s stomach and then pulled her into his lap. Ginny’s arms went around his shoulders and his went around her waist.

“So do you want to go to the Burrow tomorrow after work to tell your family?” Harry asked.

“Well, we could go now if you wanted to.”

“You don’t think it’s too late?”

Ginny grinned. “I doubt it. And knowing my mum, she probably already has an idea anyway.”

“Well, let’s go see if we’re able to surprise them.”
Reviews 10
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear