Search:

SIYE Time:7:53 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Lost
By Spidey

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 2
Summary: When your world is crashing down, and you can’t bear the thought, I said, baby you’re not lost
Hitcount: Story Total: 3475



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is my plot. I dont own the characters or the song. the song is, once again, by the one and only Micheal Buble.
This song is very special to me because I live with depression. when I am having an episode or feeling, in some cases, suicidal, this song is the thing that saves me, it feels as if he is singing it to me, and i believe that a true artist does that, he reaches the audience and changes their lives. this song gives me hope and reminds me I am NOT alone, even though i think I am . Michael wrote this song about a break up between him and his fiancee of 8 yrs, she was the first to hear it, and she cried. it was his tribute to them. but i believe that all forms of art are interpreted differently by different people. i wrote this a few hours ago when i was feeling my worst. it is about Harry and Ginnys breakup, and the feeling of being lost. so please enjoy and R&R




ChapterPrinter


She cried.

They heard.

She would pretend that she never cried.

They would pretend that they didn’t hear.

Late at night, when everyone else was sleeping, she would sit against the wall, her head resting against the old, cracked fibro, with tears streaming down her face. Her breathing ragged.

And every night, they would hear her heart break over and over again. Sometimes they would shed a tear, other nights they would listen until she cried herself to sleep.

He won’t sleep.

They notice.

He would pretend he slept.

They would pretend they believed him.

Every night, he would stay awake, looking up at the stars and think of what was to be lost and what was to be gained. When he thought of her, it was all he could do not to cry.

Every night, they would leave him be, they knew he was broken and torn. Sometimes they would hurt for him, other nights they didn’t know what to do.

She remembered the day he had left, and the hole he had torn in her heart. She didn’t know when she would see him again, or if she would see him at all. She didn’t watch him leave, it would’ve most certainly have destroyed her if she did. Instead, she turned her back and walked herself to her room. She closed the curtains and immersed herself in the darkness that her soul was in. She cried herself to sleep. It was never meant to be easy watching him leave, but it was never meant to be that hard either.

*~*~*~*
I can’t believe it’s over
I watched the whole thing fall
And I never saw writing that was on the wall
If I only knew
The days were slipping past
That the good things never last
That you were crying
*~*~*~*


She laid her head back against the wall and wiped at the tears that would not cease. This feeling of helplessness did not go away. She was left behind, and everyday she became more and more confused and scared. She became lost.

She doesn’t like this feeling, she is stronger than this. Every day it gets harder and harder for her to find a way out, all she can do is cry. She knows he is a part of her, she just didn’t realize how much.

She stared down at the sharp, shiny implement in her hand. Things had come to this. It is not something she is proud of. The tears continue and it gets harder and harder for her to breathe, pain shoots across her abdomen and she drops the knife to clench her hand there. Her vision becomes blurry, things, monsters, start appearing out of nowhere and she knows this is not real, but the fear that overrides her mind convinces her they are.

They listen as she has another breakdown. Her body cannot take much more, and neither can they. The separation is hard on them all, they do their best to go about their daily business, but the war has weakened them all. They pray that she will regain her strength, but without him, they don’t think she will. She has nothing to hold onto, he is not here.

He is not here.

*~*~*~*
Summer turned to winter
And the snow, it turned to rain
Then the rain turned into tears upon your face
I hardly recognize the girl you are today
And God I hope it’s not too late
It’s not too late
*~*~*~*

He knows something is very wrong. The look on her brother's face when he received the letter, the way his best friend tries to cover it up. He is not there when Ginny needs him the most and it rips him in two. Her unhappiness is not worth what he’s fighting for. His mind has shut down many times, he cant function if she’s not there.

She’s not there.

He remembers the day he left her. It destroyed him. He remembers her turning her back on him; he knew she couldn’t bear to watch him leave. He watched as she walked away. He was uncertain if he would ever see her again. If he had of followed her, he never would’ve left. He believes, he knows, she is his soul, his reason for breathing, his purpose for living, and he loves her. Thinking about it, they should never have parted on those terms, but if she had never turned her back on him, he would’ve never left in the first place.

He needs to get back to her, he gives up on the war, everyone else can fight; he needs her.

He needs her.

She is angry at him. She often thinks that if she just ends it she’ll be better off and the pain will recede. He never sends words, never tries to contact her, or see her. Even in school, it was always the three of them; he shielded her from their plans after Dumbledore’s funeral. He doesn’t try at all; he thinks he can have it all, that she’ll be waiting patiently for his return. But no matter what she does or thinks, she knows she could never banish him from her heart. She doesn’t have the strength.

*~*~*~*
Cuz you are not alone
I’m always there with you
And we’ll get lost together
Till the light comes pouring through
When you feel like you’re done
And the darkness has won
Babe you’re not lost
When your world’s crashin’ down
And you can’t bear the thought
I said, babe you’re not lost
*~*~*~*

He makes his plans and waits.

He watches the sky above him, the heavens lighting up, and the moon shining down upon him. He turns his head to the side and witnesses the oil lamp dim. He gives himself five more minutes before he moves, they will miss him and they will search for him, but he will not be found.

He grabs his pack, heads for a space far enough away so they won’t hear him, and Disapparates with a pop.

Vaguely, they thought they heard a pop.

She lies in bed watching the moon and stars, the tears have not dried, but she has calmed herself down. She listens to the house, hoping that will distract her mind. She wonders if he ever loved her, if he needs her the way she needs him, if he’s being torn like her.

A soft pop interrupts her thoughts, and she sits up to some face to face with the one she’s been dreaming of.

Harry sits down next to Ginny and kisses her. His arms wrapped around her so tightly that she knows he will never let her go. She knows, in this instant, that he loves her. She is his soul, his heart, his reason for every breath he takes and the purpose for his existence. He has come for her.

He breaks away and smiles at her, she smiles back. She knows he has left the battle, has left for everyone else to fight it and that they will leave. She nods in understanding and he gives her a searing kiss.

As she packs everything she owns, she knows everything will be alright. They will be far away form the pain they’ve both endured, they will start a family, they will return, but not until they feel it necessary. Harry has left a letter for Ron and Hermione, asking them to continue on their quest they started so many months ago, he assures them he will come back, he just doesn’t know when.

Ginny has left a note for her family, telling them she loves them and she will return, just not in the immediate future.

*~*~*~*
Life can show no mercy
It can tear your soul apart
It can make you feel like you’ve gone crazy
But you’re not
Though things have seemed to change
There’s one thing that’s still the same
In my heart you have remained
And we can fly, fly, fly away
*~*~*~*

Molly knows. She has stopped crying. He has come for her; she knows he’s going to take her only daughter from her. And she won’t stand in their way.

She checks to see that Arthur is sleeping, and moves out of her bed and out of her bedroom. She knows they must do this. They’ve been through too much. She knew this was coming, she just hoped it wasn’t so soon.

She reaches them as they close Ginny’s bedroom door. Harry stops to look at her, and after a few seconds, Ginny does too. There are tears spilling from her eyes as she sees her daughter has packed, their hands entwined. Ginny moves to her mother and embraces her, after Ginny has finished, Harry does the same. Molly won’t see them for a long time, and she knows the days will be a struggle to get out of bed without her daughter or her adopted son. Molly knows he is abandoning the fight and leaving it for everyone else to battle, and she doesn’t blame him. He has been fighting all his life, now it’s everyone else’s turn to fight. She knows what people will say, what people will call him, but they don’t understand. Harry and Ginny need each other, that’s all that matters.

Harry gently tugs Ginny’s hand and they look up at the Weasley matriarch. They turn and walk down the stairs, Molly following. They open the door and make their way onto the porch. Harry and Ginny hug Molly one more time before they leave.

The pink streaks of dawn litter the sky, orange and yellow beginning to appear. Molly Weasley watches as they entwine their hands and interlace their fingers together, they look back and give her one last smile before they turn their backs and run off into the rising sun. Molly hears a laugh.

She watches as they continue to run, and then disappear with a pop. She stands there, tears rolling down her cheeks until the sun has risen high in the morning sky, and Arthur finds her.

*~*~*~*
Cuz you are not alone
I am there with you
And we’ll get lost together
Till the light comes pouring through
When you feel like you’re done
And the darkness has won
Babe you’re not lost
When your world is crashing down
And you can’t bear the cross
I said, baby you’re not lost
I said, baby you’re not lost
I said, baby you’re not lost
Baby, you’re not lost
*~*~*~*
Reviews 2
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear