Search:

SIYE Time:13:03 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The 'Talk'
By black_dress

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Minerva McGonagall, Ron Weasley
Genres: Fluff, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 35
Summary: When the seventh year Gryffindoors are given their 'talk', it sparks some interesting conversation amongst the teenagers.
Hitcount: Story Total: 11795



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
So this is the first One - shot I've posted, I hope you enjoy it. It doesn't really have a place in the plot of the books, I just thought it was an interesting idea. I'm planning a kind of four part series, this being part one, all based around these kind of events, and these relationships. I hope you enjoy it, and please review!




ChapterPrinter


The MediWitch stood surveying the seventh year Gryffindors with a pained expression. It was clear that had she been given the choice, she would not be there at all. Her dark expression stated plainly that she was getting paid extra, and would take no nonsense from any of them.

“So,” she said seriously, and continued in a rather delicate tone. “Can anyone tell me why we are here?” To nobody’s surprise, Hermione’s hand shot into the air.

“The establishment feels, that as part of our education, it is vital that we are informed of the benefits, risks, and general theory behind partaking in,” she paused for a moment, and then ploughed resiliently on. “Sexual activity.” She finished, going pink in the face. Everyone snorted, except for Ron, who leaned over to her, and muttered so just she and Harry could hear.

“What book was that in?”

That Ronald,” Hermione hissed back. “Was common sense. You must have missed that one.” She added patronizingly. Harry had to hide his laughter in his sleeve. Ron opened his mouth to retort, but everyone else had broken out into their own conversations, and the MediWitch was calling for order.

“That’s right Miss….” she paused, not knowing Hermione’s name.

“Granger,” Professor McGonagall supplied promptly from her desk. She was reading a book, and had clearly no interest in the subject of discussion. She hadn’t even looked up. There was no need to look, and see who answered a question. It was always Hermione.

“Ok sex,” the MediWitch said bluntly, causing everyone to stare up at her in amazed silence. They had really passed the giggling stage. “When this course was first introduced, we talked about what sex was, and then told you all not to do it until you’re married. Let me tell you now that abstinence is the only 100% form of contraception. But we have come to realise that you are adults, and any choices you make are yours…”

“And you’ve come to realise that we’re all frickin’ horny,” Seamus Finnegan cut in, and the MediWitch froze with her mouth open. Everyone had to stifle their laughter.

“Thank you for that sentiment Mr. Finnegan,” McGonagall said, eyeing him over the top of her book sternly. She looked rather ill.

“No problem,” Seamus said, leaning casually back in his chair. McGonagall rolled her eyes, and returned to her book.

The MediWitch went on with her rehearsed speech. It was nothing Harry didn’t know already though. Sirius had felt the need to sit him down, and explain the birds and the bees a while ago. Well, before he’d died. Apparently, James had delegated this task to him as soon as he’d found out his child was a boy. Something about it being part of a godfather’s duty. Harry knew James had been lying.

When the MediWitch packed up and left, with McGonagall at her heals, some of the Gryffindors hung back. Neville disappeared, but it seemed the topic had not yet been exhausted.

“That was a nice comment you made Irish,” Ron said with a grin.

“Well it’s true,” Seamus shrugged. “We just can’t seem to keep it in our pants.” Hermione blushed scarlet, although she’d been like that for most of the lesson.

“You know I read somewhere,” Dean said thoughtfully, changing the topic, but only slightly. “That men reach their sexual peek at 18.” Parvati’s eyes widened.

“Really,” she turned to Lavender, and they both raised their eyebrows. “That would explain a lot.” They both dissolved into giggles.

“What about women though?” Seamus asked the group curiously.

“32,” Hermione said at once, idly shifting her books around in front of her.

“What?” Seamus and Dean said in unison. Hermione looked up.

“Women reach their sexual peek at 32,” she told them.

“Does that mean I’m gonna have to wait 14 years to get a good shag?” Ron asked, and Hermione smacked him hard across head. “Ow! Not that it isn’t good already.” He added gruffly, trying to save some face. Harry let out a gagging noise.

“Oh my god, have you two….” he asked in horror, looking between his best friends, as though pleading one of them to prove him wrong. When they both avoided his gaze, he threw his hands up in exclamation. “That’s disgusting!” Everyone else, except the couple in question, laughed.

“No Harry, it’s not disgusting,” Hermione said, going scarlet again. “It’s a choice and…”

“Don’t worry about him Hermione,” Ron said, putting and arm around her shoulder, and surveying Harry smugly. “Harry’s just jealous ‘cause he hasn’t — popped the cherry — so to speak.” He said delicately. He had clearly meant to rile Harry, but instead of being angry and embarrassed, like he knew Ron had intended, Harry smirked superiorly.

“Ron, my dear naïve, and thick best friend,” he said fondly, and the smile faded from Ron’s face slightly. “I am currently dating your little sister,” the smile vanished completely. “For me to — pop — said cherry, I’d have to……” Ron’s out burst drowned Harry’s next word.

“That’s revolting!”

“Her,” Harry continued smugly. “Or cheat on her with another girl,” He knew Ron didn’t know which thought made him angrier. “Both of which would earn me a sound beating from you, then Fred, and George. I’m sure Bill, and Charlie would want a piece of the action, and I have a sneaking suspicion Percy would want in on it too. Also, should I choose the latter, Ginny would have killed me before you even showed up, and Hermione would curse off my bits,” Ron frowned at Harry’s confidant manor, and Hermione gave a jerk of her head, which meant she would indeed damage his crown jewels if he even thought about cheating on Ginny. “So theoretically, I realise for me to get a shag, I’m going to have to wait until we’re married.” Ron surveyed him darkly.

“Even then Harry,” he scowled.

“Or date someone with fewer older brothers,” Harry suggested, knowing full well he’d do no such thing.

“Well that’s always an option.”

“Ron,” Hermione said reproachfully. “You know perfectly well Harry has no intention of dating anyone else.”

“Yeah well, as long as he’s not pawing my baby sister,” Harry laughed along with the rest, and thought he’d have some fun with his best friend.

“How do you know though?” He asked, raising his eyebrows.

“What?” Ron asked in confused alarm.

“How do you know me and Ginny haven’t...” he trailed off, grinning at the site of Ron’s face.

Are you telling me...” Ron growled, his face bypassing red, and turning maroon, but he never finished his question.

No Ron,” Hermione cut in worriedly, grabbing his hand to stop him plunging it into Harry’s face. “Ginny would have said something and Harry,” she hissed over her shoulder. “Are you trying to get yourself killed?!” Harry could only grin.

“Na,” he shrugged and the others all laughed. “I don’t know why you’re so angry Ron; it’s not a big deal. Well,” he gave an exaggerated glance downwards, and grinned wider. “It’s a pretty big deal.” He raised his eyebrows suggestively, and Parvati and Lavender dissolved into giggles. He exchanged a high five with Seamus, while Hermione went slightly pale.

“I bet it’s a big deal Harry,” Parvati said between giggles.

“Oh yeah,” Lavender agreed. “A very big deal.” They both became unable to speak, and Hermione went even paler.

“Just don’t go telling Romilda Vane,” Dean said, and Harry shuddered. “Or any other girl for that matter. They’d go mad. Harry would be eaten alive.” Everyone laughed, except for Seamus who looked exasperated.

“Every ruddy girl in this school has it bad for Harry,” he said, jealousy evident in his tone. He then sniggered. “Well, except Granger.” They all laughed again, except Hermione, who looked affronted.

“That’s not true, Harry’s very attractive,” she defended, making Harry blush slightly. “It’s just…”

“He’s not Ron,” Parvati said, rolling her eyes.

“Well — yes,” Hermione mumbled, looking flustered. Ron looked rather pleased with himself.

“But didn’t you get off with McClaggan last year?” Seamus asked her, and Hermione winced as Ron suddenly looked tense.

“We didn’t ‘get off’,” Hermione said, as tough the thought repulsed her. “He was…” She trailed off clearly at a loss at what to say.

“Hermione was using him to make Ron jealous, because she was jealous he was dating Lavender,” Harry said briskly, feeling it was all better off out in the open. Both Ron and Hermione went scarlet for different reasons.

“I knew it!” Lavender shrieked, pointing at Hermione furiously. She then let her arm fall, and sighed heavily. “Oh well, so did the rest of the world I suppose.”

“More like the rest of the universe,” Harry put in. “But you guys haven’t been putting up with the pair of them day, and night for the past six years.”

“Enough about that,” Seamus said impatiently. “What did you guys think of the lesson?” Everyone shrugged.

“It was nothing I didn’t already know,” Hermione said, and everyone stared at her in surprise. “What? I have books on everything.” She defended, and they all laughed.

“Na, same with me,” Harry shrugged. “Not about the books part, but my godfather sat me down a long time ago.” Others nodded in agreement.

“Not me, I had to hear it from the twins,” Ron said gloomily, and Harry looked at him in alarm. He nodded. “Yep, dad talked to Bill, Bill talked to Charlie, Charlie talked to Percy, Percy refused to talk to the twins so Charlie had to do that as well, then they talked to me, which was — scary just about sums it up. Now, in some weird, and cruel twist of fate, I’m supposed to talk to Ginny.” Everyone laughed.

“I could educate her if you like,” Harry suggested grinning. “Not that she needs it.” Ron looked angry again.

“Not helping Harry,” Hermione said darkly.

“What’s not helping?” Said a voice from the door. Harry looked up, and smiled widely as Ginny came into the room grinning. She set her book bag down on the floor, and sat on Harry’s lap. He wrapped his arms around her waist, hugging her tightly, before she kissed him softly, and looked around at the others.

“Nothing really,” Hermione sighed. “You do realise what class we just had?” Ginny’s eyes widened, and she grinned down at Harry.

“Oh yeah,” she said, and cleared her throat before going into a perfect imitation of the MediWitch, which had them all in stitches. “Sex is not something to be engaged in lightly. There are a lot of risks involved, and no going back after you’ve done it,” she then changed her voice into an uncanny version of Mrs. Weasley. “If you so much as think about having sex with a boy before you get married, I’m going to lock you up for the rest of your life!” Everyone laughed, except Ron who nodded in approval.

“I bet I know what you said to that,” Harry said, and Ginny eyed him curiously.

“What?”

“Does that mean I can have sex with a girl?” Harry grinned. Ginny blushed, and hit him on the arm.

“I did, just to annoy her,” she admitted with a wicked grin. “Merlin Harry, you know me too well.” She looked half annoyed, half ecstatic at this. The others were just laughing. Harry noticed that Parvati and Lavender had pulled out a magazine, and were pouring over it interestedly.

“I don’t know why you girls read that garbage,” he said, looking darkly at the copy of Teen Witch Weekly. “I mean, exactly what can you learn?” Ginny leant in a whispered something in his ear that made him feel flustered. “You learned that in a magazine?” He asked incredulously. Ginny giggle and nodded. “Blimey.” Harry ran a hand through his hair.

“What — what did she say?” Ron asked sharply.

“Never you mind Ron,” Ginny said, throwing her brother a dirty look, and wrapping her arms around Harry’s neck. Harry was still feeling flustered at what she’d said.

“Yeah, this class has been all talk,” Dean said standing up ready to go. “Care to partake in a practical with me Miss Patil?” Parvati’s mouth fell open.

“Are you propositioning me Mr. Thomas?” She asked. Dean grinned.

“Yes I believe I am,” he said, extending his hand to her. “Is it working?” Parvati narrowed her eyes.

“We’ll see,” she said darkly, before leaving with Dean’s arm around her shoulders. Seamus and Lavender stared after them in shock.

“No way,” Lavender breathed.

“They hate each other,” Seamus said, and the two of them exchanged a glance before hastily getting out of their seats.

“She is not going to do it,” Lavender said as they both rushed to the door.

“We’ll see how this plays out,” Seamus said, just before the two of them left in pursuit of their best friends.

“Well that just leaves the awesome foursome,” Ginny said brightly, swinging her legs. Her toes just brushed the stone floor. They were too small because she was sitting on Harry’s lap. This made Harry smile, and kiss her affectionately on the cheek. She was just so damn cute.

“Which is about to become a duo,” Hermione said, standing up and putting her book bag over her shoulder. “I need a word Ginny.” She eyed Ginny meaningfully.

“Oh ok,” Ginny said, realizing from the look that it was important. She looked down at Harry, grinning. “I will see you later.” She ran a hand through his hair, tilting his head back, and kissed him deeply. Harry wrapped his arms tighter around her waist, and felt her laugh slightly.

“Oh come on,” Hermione said impatiently, grabbing Ginny’s arm and tugging. Ginny moaned in protest, but Hermione, after a while, managed to detangle her from Harry, who was holding on for dear life. Harry kissed Ginny’s hand as she bent down to pick up her book bag, before she was dragged away by the persistent brunette.

“Bye,” Ginny blew him a kiss and clung to the doorway to wait for his response.

“Bye,” Harry grinned, and she was torn away from the doorway as Hermione gave one last almighty tug that finally allowed her to gain Ginny’s attention.

“Well, what’s so important that you had to drag me away from my plans of an intense make out session?” Ginny demanded as they marched through the crowded corridors towards Gryffindor Tower.

“Not here,” Hermione hissed. This intrigued Ginny, and all thoughts of kissing Harry until her lips went numb, were driven from her mind. Well, almost anyway. “And what do you mean an intense make out session? Ron and I were there,” Hermione quipped, and then added to the Fat Lady in front of them. “Snarglepuff Pod.” The portrait hole swung open and they clambered inside.

“So,” Ginny shrugged as the crossed the common room where Seamus and Lavender were heatedly debating whether Dean and Parvati were in the boys’ dormitory together. “You could have watched. I don’t care.”

“Ginny, can you kindly stop thinking about Harry’s tongue in your mouth for five seconds?” Hermione snapped to the goofy grin across her face. Ginny’s grin changed to a frown before Hermione added. “Honestly.” They walked into Hermione’s empty dorm, and she bolted the door. She immediately ripped off her jumper, and loosened her tie.

“Whoa Hermione,” Ginny said in feigned shock. “The whole thing about me shagging a girl was a joke.” She grinned as Hermione rolled her eyes, and sat down on her bed.

“Ha ha Ginny, very funny,” Hermione said sarcastically, and then her expression changed to one of complete seriousness, with a touch of anxiety. Ginny looked at her in alarm, and hastily sat down on an opposite bed. “Look, I think we need to talk.”

“Ok,” Ginny said slowly. “What about?”

“Well, after class just now, we were talking,” Hermione explained, her cheeks glowing pink. “And then Ron let it slip that we’d…”

“Hopped on the good foot and done the bad thing?” Ginny cut in slyly, and Hermione blushed scarlet.

“Well — yes,” she said awkwardly. Ginny giggled.

“I still can’t believe you let him talk you into it.”

“Hey, it was my idea,” Hermione defended, and Ginny grinned.

“That’s my girl,” she winked, and Hermione smiled reluctantly. Ginny then pretended to wipe a tear from her eye. “I’m proud to say, I taught you everything you know.” Hermione laughed.

“Well anyway, Harry didn’t know before today, and he got all disgusted,” Hermione continued to explain. Ginny giggled again.

“Can’t blame him.”

“Yes, well, then Ron teased him about — about how he hasn’t — well, you know,” Hermione blushed furiously. Ginny nodded to show she understood. “And then, well I’m positive he only said it to get a rise out of Ron but — well — Harry just said how did Ron know you and he hadn’t…” She trailed off, and looked up at Ginny tentatively. Ginny stared for a moment, and then burst out laughing.

“Sweet Merlin, I bet he didn’t like that!” she exclaimed between giggles. Hermione looked alarmed.

“Ginny,” she said incredulously. “He as good as told everyone you had sex with him!”

“So, he was only winding Ron up.”

“But, well he didn’t deny it,” Hermione said, looking awkward again. “It’s just — well.”

“Oh, so that’s what this is about,” Ginny said smugly, leaning her arms back on the bed. “You want to know if Harry got his leg over me.” She raised her eyebrows, and Hermione’s whole face was the same colour as Ginny’s hair. Hermione frowned slightly.

“Your bluntness has always astounded me,” she said distractedly before shaking her head and continuing. “Well, I mean Ginny, you’re the only one I have to talk to about these things, and I consider you one of my best friends. I know you would have told me if you had, but I was still worried.” Ginny was touched by her words.

“Look Hermione, let’s just get the record straight. I haven’t shagged Harry, ok? Not yet anyway,” she added with a wicked grin. “But it’s not like it’s a big deal.”

“That’s exactly what Harry said,” Hermione frowned. “Then he looked down, grinned, and said it was a pretty big deal.” Ginny giggled as she caught the meaning.

“Oh yeah Hermione,” she said grinning madly and raising her eyebrows. “It’s a very big deal.” It was Hermione’s turn to giggle and she sat on the bed next to Ginny.

“So you’ve seen it then,” she said mischievously with a knowing smile as she knocked Ginny’s shoulder with her own. “Touched it?” She added. Ginny’s mouth fell open.

Hermione!” She exclaimed in scandalized tones before they both lapsed into giggles.

A while later, when the laughter had subsided, they got up and began the decent of the spiral staircase.

“I’d better go and find my boyfriend then,” Ginny said. “I believe I had an intense make out session in mind.”

“Yes I had something similar planned,” Hermione said, following her down the steps. “Except with my boyfriend, not yours.”

“Ew, Hermione,” Ginny wrinkled her nose as they crossed the common room again. Seamus and Lavender had disappeared. “Don’t talk about my brother like that.”

“You were talking about my brother like that,” Hermione defended as they climbed out of the portrait hole.

“You and Harry are honorary siblings,” Ginny replied as they joined the throng of students in the corridors. “There’s a difference.” Hermione shrugged.

“I suppose,” she looked around at the passing faces. “Where do you think he is?”

“With Harry,” Ginny said at once.

“What do you think they’ll be talking about?”

“There are only three things that seventh year boys at Hogwarts talk about,” Ginny said sagely. “Quidditch, food, and sex.” Hermione rolled her eyes in exasperation.

“I bet it’s the last one.”

******************************* *

“What do you think Hermione and Ginny are talking about?” Ron asked as Harry walked with him out of the classroom, and into the oncoming throng of students.

“Us,” Harry said without hesitation. They walked in silence for a while, until Harry decided he had to ask the question, even though he really didn’t want to know. “Ron?”

“Yeah,” Ron said, looking at him expectantly.

“You know how you and Hermione did it?” He asked awkwardly, shaking his head to try, and rid himself of the revolting thought.

“Yeah,” Ron said slowly, and just as awkwardly.

“Where did you do it,” He said quickly, a pained expression on his face. “Because if you did it in our dorm, I am never frickin’ going in there again.” By this point, he had his eyes shut tight, so he missed Ron’s uncomfortable expression.

“Room of Requirement,” Ron grunted, and Harry breathed a sigh of relief. He missed the fact that Ron’s eyes were darting all over the place. They remained silent again until they bumped into the girls, both of whom looked extremely giggly.

There you are,” Ginny said brightly, as Harry wrapped both arms around her waist, and drew her in to him. She placed a soft kiss on his lips, which caused a passing Romilda Vane to push over a nearby suit of armor. Ginny smirked at this, resting her arms on Harry’s chest, and her head on his shoulder.

Must you do that in public?” Ron asked grumpily. Ginny just grinned as Harry rested his head against hers.

“See you at dinner,” Hermione said, taking Ron’s hand and dragging him off down the corridor.

“I thought he’d never leave,” Harry said, slipping his hand into Ginny’s, and walking along down the corridor.

“Yes, me too,” Ginny replied. Then, quick as a flash, she pushed him into a nearby classroom, and kicked the door shut behind her. She moved so quickly, that the other people in the corridor didn’t notice where they’d gone, just that they were suddenly absent.

“Well, I like where this is going,” Harry grinned, wrapping his arms snugly around her waist.

“First things first,” Ginny said smiling, and raising her arms upwards. Suddenly, she smacked Harry hard up the back of his head, changing her smile to a frown.

“Ow,” Harry said, removing his arms from around her, and taking a step back. He rubbed his head, which was throbbing painfully. “What was that for?”

“You told Ron we had sex!” Ginny exclaimed, scowling and placing her hands on her hips. Harry chuckled both at the memory of his conversation after class, and at her resemblance to her mother.

“I merely reminded him that he didn’t know if we’d had sex,” He explained. “I was only winding him up.” Ginny burst out laughing.

“I bet the look on his face was priceless!”

“Yeah it was pretty good. I plan to taunt him about it further,” Ginny giggled, and stepped back into his arms. She looked up into his eyes, a more serious expression gracing her features. She bit her lip tentatively.

“But you know I’m not ready, not yet.”

“I believe we’ve had this conversation,” Harry said, leaning down, and brushing his lips against hers. She felt herself melt against him. “To which I replied, I would never, ever, pressure you into anything, and when you’re older, and you are ready, just let me know. I would wait forever for you.” Ginny nodded, and noted the warm sensation that spread through her.

“Thank you Harry,” she murmured softly.

“But just so you know Gin, you don’t make it easy,” He told her, which made her grin wickedly. “You being all sexy and all. You drive me crazy.” He leaned down to kiss her again, and she chuckled softly.

“Well that’s part of the fun,” she teased and he groaned. “And just think of the danger. Can you imagine what my brothers will do to you?” Harry shuddered.

“Yes I can Gin,” he said sincerely. “And given the choice between that, and facing Voldemort again, I’d take another round with Voldy.” Ginny chuckled again.

“Exactly. One of the reasons we can’t do it now, is that I’d like you to be alive afterwards so we could do it again,” she said cheekily. Harry raised his eyebrows in surprise.

“Why, how considerate of you Miss Weasley,” he said, and she let him back her up against the wall, while she unbuttoned his shirt, kissing him deeply.

“What can I say,” Ginny said briefly, detaching her mouth from his. “I’m just a considerate kind of gal.” Harry laughed against her mouth before closing his lips over hers, showing her he meant business.

Harry slid Ginny up the wall, and let her wrap her legs around his waist, pressing her body flat against his. Harry groaned as Ginny’s lips left his mouth, and trailed down his neck. Her hands slid over his chest, and she felt her stomach swoop before she realised her shirt was undone too.

Ginny gasped as Harry’s cold, yet somehow wonderfully warm, fingers slid over her ribcage. It felt like she was on fire, and she entangled both hands in his hair, pulling his head back to gain more access to his divine mouth.

****************************** ***

“20 points to Gryffindor I think Miss Weasley,” Harry said thoughtfully twenty minutes later as the walked hand in hand towards Gryffindor Tower.

“What for?” Ginny asked perplexedly. They turned a corner and found the corridor deserted.

“For being an excellent kisser,” Harry said unblushingly. Ginny grinned. “And for that bra; black lace Gin, I’m impressed.”

“Harry,” She said smacking him smartly on the back of the head for the second time that day, although she couldn’t suppress a grin. She blushed slightly. “Twat. You can’t do that!”

“I’m head boy,” Harry reminded her, grinning wickedly. “I can do what I like,” Ginny giggled and the climbed through the portrait hole together. Harry sighed. “But right now, I need to study.”

****************************


“Um, ‘Mione?” Ron said awkwardly as they sat together in the library.

“Yes,” Hermione said, not looking up from the enormous book she was engrossed in, however he knew he had half of her attention. He also knew that what he was about to bring up would bring her mind far away from her Arithmancy studies.

“Harry kinda asked where we had sex,” he said quietly. Hermione’s head snapped up, and her mouth fell open. There was a dull thud, as a second book she’d had perched on her lap, fell to the floor.

“What did you tell him?” Hermione asked in a panicked whisper. Her eyes were round with fear.

“Room of Requirement,” he told her promptly, and she breathed a large sigh of relief. She then surveyed him curiously.

“Why there?”

“Would you have rather I told him the truth?” Ron asked grumpily.

“Look Ron,” Hermione said, sounding a little annoyed. “It’s not my fault Harry’s bed was closest to the door.”

“He’s going to kill us,” Ron moaned. “And we both know he’s very capable of that. I don’t want to make him angry, and boy is he going to get angry.”

“Not if you don’t tell him he won’t,” Hermione said snappishly.

“What if you tell him?”

“Why on earth would I tell him?” Hermione asked with as much incredulity as she could muster in a whisper. “Like you said, we don’t want to make him angry.”

“But he might ask you.”

“Harry’s not going to talk to me about sex,” she said bluntly. “I suppose it’s disturbing enough to talk to you about it.”

“Speaking of talking,” Ron said with a frown. “What were you talking to Ginny about earlier?”

“Oh this and that,” Hermione said evasively, bending down to pick up the fallen book up off the floor. She dusted off the cover, and set it on the table in front of them.

“Did you find out if she…..”

“She and Harry haven’t had sex,” she cut him off firmly.

“Are you…”

“Yes,” she said sternly, closing the enormous Arithmancy book with a snap. She fixed her boyfriend with a meaningful glare. “But even if they had, it’s none of our business.”

“Yes it bloody well is!” Ron exclaimed at once. A glare from Madam Pince told them it was time to leave the library. Hermione left her books in a neat pile on the table, and rose from her seat. Ron followed suit. “If he — I’ll kill him!”

“Ron, it’s going to happen eventually,” Hermione said exasperatedly when they were out in the corridor. She enjoyed being able to speak freely again. Ron looked alarmed, but Hermione felt he needed to be put in his place. “And Harry really loves Ginny, so don’t go harping on about it for Merlin’s sake.” She moved off down the corridor, and Ron followed, grumbling to himself.

“Harping on,” he muttered darkly. “Wasn’t harping on about anything.” Hermione just smiled, and shook her head slightly in amusement.

************************** *

Harry sat at a table in the Gryffindor common room with his notes spread in front of him, trying, and failing to study for his exams. A distraction in the form of an attractive redhead who was kissing his neck, and running her fingers continuously through his hair, was making it particularly difficult to concentrate.

“Ginny,” he groaned through gritted teeth as her lips sent shivers down his spine. “I’m trying to study. I’ve got NEWT’s, remember?”

“Maybe you should take a study break,” she suggested, turning his face to meet hers. Her eyes shone innocently, and Harry moaned in resignation before kissing her deeply. Her ran his fingers through her silky hair, and relished in the feel of her.

“Ginny I love you, but if I fail these exams,” he said against her lips. “Just know that it was your doing.”

“That’s a risk I’m willing to take,” Ginny smiled triumphantly, and proceeded to receive her reward for successfully distracting him.

It was at that moment that Ron and Hermione entered the common room, and were met with this site. Ron grunted in slight disgust, while Hermione cast Harry a very disapproving look. He should have been studying, and what sort of example did he think he was setting as Head Boy? She made a note to have a word to Ginny as well because, by the looks of the books, and notes strewn across the table in front of them, she’d been doing the distracting.

“You know they are all over each other,” Ron said darkly. “You’re sure they haven’t…”

“Ron,” Hermione exclaimed exasperatedly, wheeling around to face him. She placed her hands on her hips and sighed. “Look if it happens, it happens. It won’t happen against her will, and she is not going to be upset by it. Besides, she’s nearly seventeen. When she’s an adult, you can’t stop her doing anything.”

“But she’s my baby sister,” Ron protested. “It’s not that I have a problem with Harry, I’m really glad they’re together, honest. It’s just natural for me to want to protect her. Can you understand that?”

“Yes Ron, I can,” Hermione told him honestly. “But you have to realise you can’t wrap her up in cotton wool for her whole life.”

“I know,” Ron mumbled, staring at his shoes.

“Harry loves Ginny,” Hermione said again. “And she really loves him. But if he happens to hurt her, he won’t, but just incase, you have my permission to do whatever you like to him. And I’ll be right behind you.”

“He’d kill me.”

“No, I’m pretty sure you’d kill him first,” Hermione reasoned. “Plus you have five brothers to back you up,” Ron seemed to agree with this. “Just let them be.” Hermione said, placing a soothing hand on his arm. Ron smiled, and gave Hermione a soft kiss, which she returned fervently. As he drew away, he raised his eyebrows suggestively, and leant in to whisper in her ear.

“Maybe we should try and make it to my bed this time.”

“Are you propositioning me Mr. Weasley?” Ron grinned, took Hermione hand, and led her up the staircase to the boys’ dormitories. When they opened the door, they froze at the sight before them, mouths open.

Seamus had Lavender pinned up against his headboard. They still had the majority of their clothing on, but it was pretty obvious where they were headed. After a moment of them not noticing the intruders, Hermione cleared her throat. They broke apart at the lips, and looked up in surprise.

“I….er…thought you two were trying to stop Parvati shagging Dean,” she said, conversationally.

“Got a bit sidetracked,” Seamus shrugged, and looked at Ron. “Sorry Weasley, you know the rules, I was here first.” Ron nodded his head, and backed out of the room, but before he shut the door, he spoke.

“Just stay on your bed Seamus,” and he shut it with a click, turning to Hermione, and feeling rather deflated. “I guess we’ll have to christen my bed another time.”

“Come on,” Hermione said, taking his hand and pulling him down the steps. “I have a special requirement for a certain room.” She winked up at him, and he smiled bemusedly down at her.

“I love you Hermione,” he said, following her lead.

“I know.”

***************************


Down in the common room, a sudden thought struck Harry.

“You know what I’m going to do Gin?” He asked, between kissing her, and running his hands through her hair.

“Mmm?” She asked a little distractedly, and let out a soft moan of pleasure when Harry lips reached the spot just below her ear.

“Next year when you’re taking your NEWT’s,” Harry said, taking her head in his hands, and looking her straight in the eye. He smiled mischievously at her, as she bit her lip. “I’m going to keep coming to visit you, and distract you from studying.” Ginny laughed.

“Well, at the rate you’re going Mr. Potter,” she teased him. “You’ll be taking those exams with me.” Harry looked at her for a moment before he laughed.

“I love you, you know that?” He asked, cocking his head to one side.

“Yes, you’ve told me once or twice,” she said. “And it’s only because I love you so much, that I’m saying this,” she sighed heavily, and moved away from him. “Get back to studying.” Harry looked at her in adoration.

“Thank you so much Gin,” he said, reaching out to stroke her cheek. “You have no idea how much I wasn’t looking forward to another Hermione lecture.” There was a giggle from over at the portrait hole, and the two of them looked over just in time to see Ron and Hermione clamber out. Ginny turned back to Harry, eyebrows raised.

“Well if that isn’t hypocrisy, I don’t know what is,” she said plainly, before they both burst out laughing. “I’m off to do some reading up in bed,” she said and leaned in to kiss him goodbye. “I love you.” She said softly, with a small smile.

“I love you too,” he assured her, before he gave an almighty sigh, and returned to his books. Somehow, studying just wasn’t as fun.




Reviews 35
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear