Search:

SIYE Time:9:49 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Things Change
By Epilogue

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 7
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

*** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

Gilderoy Lockhart has been let out of St. Mungo's and is - as usual - clueless. He recieves a job offer to teach at Hogwarts again, because they cannot find a DADA teacher. However, no one bothered to fill him in on what happened between the Chamber of Secrets and the current time. PS. Cho Chang came back for some "reasons" - will be explained later on. PPS: Mature scenes between Harry and Ginny in later chapters!
Hitcount: Story Total: 3665



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
I am just messing around with the pawns on J.K.R.'s chessboard!




ChapterPrinter


Lockhart watched as his seventh year class filed into the room, and he vaguely remembered them...That would be Luna — Lovegood. And that would be Michael Corner? Yes, he remembered most of them now...

Lockhart remembered his instructions on this year — he would also be teaching a few “eighth years” their N.E.W.T.s for reasons that the Headmistress did not specify. Speaking of which, what ever happened to Dumbledore? Probably retired... His eyes wandered to a white marble tomb by the lake. When was that added?

Lockhart was slightly in a daze. He had just recovered from his memory loss and all he could remember last was those two little miscreants down in the Chamber of Secrets. No one had bothered to fill him in on what had happened between now and then.

The door suddenly opened and a striking girl walked in, her flaming red hair bouncing behind her. She quietly slipped in between Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom... Neville Longbottom? Was not he in the next year up — so he would be an “eighth year.”

Lockhart stared at the stunning redhead before recognizing her — Ginny Weasley! So she had not perished in the Chamber! He eagerly looked around at more faces as they chatted among themselves — Parvati and Padma Patil; Seamus Finnegan; Dean Thomas; Lavender Brown; Cho Chang — A lot of eighth years came back. I wonder why? Lockhart thought to himself. Possibly —

The door again opened and two happily giggling students walked in. One was a attractive girl with brown curls; another was a tall boy with flaming red hair similar to Ginny Weasley’s...Lockhart noted that they had their arms linked before they sat down.

The girl’s brown eyes wandered towards him, and her jaw dropped. She quickly grabbed the boy’s arm and gestured towards the teacher’s desk. His blue eyes widened before he started to laugh. It was then that Lockhart recognized him — Ron Weasley. That little pest who had given him a backfiring wand! And that girl — she was Hermione Granger. She was extremely fond of him, and was a bit overly eager to learn. They both had really grown from the awkward little pipsqueaks they were.

The bell rang, and the students settled down and noticed the professor. Some of them gasped. Some flinched. Some blushed. And many of the older students started to laugh. Lockhart noticed that Ginny was suddenly quiet and thoughtful. She was having bad memories surfacing in her mind.

“I am Professor Lockhart, as you all know and remember -” He was cut off as Ron Weasley snorted “Memory charm” to the amusement of many.

“Anyway, I will be adjusting to Hogwarts life, and I have returned on request of the school — seeing that no one volunteered for the job. Now, I have no memory of what happened over the past years, so I will have to rely on the students and teachers to fill me in on the past events.”

Hermione Granger lifted her hand, and Lockhart paused for her question. Surely, he would be receiving another question about himself.

“Sir, doesn’t the Memory Charm have the capacity to be broken by a powerful wizard? If this theory is true, couldn’t you have been out of St. Mungo’s faster? Or would the enchantment have been strengthened and lengthened by V- I mean, ‘special circumstances?’ ”

She paused, as Ron looked at her, bemused. Hermione then added as a second thought after grinning at Ginny, Neville, and Ron.

“Also, I was wondering if you remember us running into you at St. Mungo’s about three years ago. It was around Christmas...” she winded off.

Lockhart was stunned. So what he had heard from other teachers was true — she really was the smartest witch of her age.

“Before I answer any questions, I need to take attendance.” He picked up a piece of parchment, and realized how much he had changed. He was much more sensible now that he had a paycheck thinner than a Knut. Now he only had the necessities — hair rollers, lavender robes, hair products, and toothpaste.

Several hands shot into the air — some even argued Hermione’s signature move.
Among the students were Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Luna, Dean, Seamus, and Neville.

“Sir, he’s going to be late -”

“Kingsley — I mean, the Minister -”

“They needed to talk about something — I dunno what it’s really about -”

Lockhart looked confused.

“Who are you talking about?”

The door opened, and a boy walked through.

“Sorry I’m late, prof -” He stuttered and Lockhart immediately recognized him.

His brilliant green eyes widened and his eyebrows neared his hairline, crinkling his forehead. His messy jet black hair still stuck out in all directions and stuck up in the back. And his most incredible feature still marked him as different — his scar.

“If your eyes get any bigger, Harry, we might get those new quaffles Madam Hooch has been talking about.” Ginny attempted to say with a straight face before giggling.

Harry Potter looked to Ginny and rolled his eyes at her. As good as her joke was, he was still astounded by Lockhart’s presence. What was he doing here?

Meanwhile, Lockhart was feeling confused. The last time he had seen this boy was when he was a skinny and scrawny little boy. Now he was tall and muscular from Quidditch — and something that hinted at something far more exhausting and dangerous. Deadly. Lockhart almost shivered before shaking off his thoughts.

Harry sat down beside Ginny and they both smiled before returning to Lockhart. Ginny snaked her hand down below her desk and squeezed Harry’s hand. It must be difficult for him to be back here, she thought. It is hard for even me to not cry as I walk around the corridors...and by the Forbidden Forest to Hagrid’s house or Quidditch practice.

Lockhart finished the attendance list and looked up before handing out books. The plain red covers made Harry think of blood...

Lockhart cleared his throat.

“This year, we will cover everything from various non-verbal spells to forms of concealment -” This made Harry instinctively reach for his Invisibility Cloak.

“Also, seeing that it is your N.E.W.T. year, we will be reviewing a lot.”

Many hands rose from all the houses except for Slytherin. Lockhart noticed that only one Slytherin returned for an eighth year — and that there were no other Slytherins in any of the Defense against the Dark Arts classes. That student was Draco Malfoy. He seemed less... “Slytherin.”

“What if we already know how to do all of that?” the words slipped out of Neville’s mouth before he could stop it. All of the hands went down, and attentively looked to Lockhart.

“How could you already know how to do these spells — they are hard to learn without a proper teacher or book. And how could you learn these by yourself, Mr. Longbottom?” He vaguely remembered a 12-year-old Neville being terrorized by pixies.

Neville turned red, but not with embarrassment — with anger. Luna quickly disarmed him and tried to hush him quietly.

“I did not learn them by myself — it was because Harry was such a bloody good teacher in our fifth year!” Neville said, and many people nodded in agreement as Harry turned red, blushing so deeply that it rivaled a Weasley’s.

“Everybody, I wasn’t that good -”

“Yes, you were!” Seamus said loudly.

“You were great, Harry! Especially when Umbridge wasn’t...” Luna said with her airy whisper.

“You were great, Harry. You all taught us well, Harry. It made Dumbledore so proud...” Ginny said, almost looking teary.

“Ginny, Neville, Luna, Seamus, everybody — the D.A. was good while it lasted. I mean, it was great when we were just fighting against Umbridge and the Ministry — but look what we still got.” Harry briefly flashed the back of his left hand.

“Then, those of you who really were loyal to the D.A. came to the Ministry and fought the Death Eaters...in the Department of Mysteries.” Harry began to choke back tears and memories of Sirius.

“But afterwards, those of you who where here last year were resisting the Carrows and the Death Eaters — and Voldemort- that was deeply appreciated.” Harry watched as hardly anyone shuddered, besides Lockhart.

“What did that do? It helped the resistance! But Neville became the ‘human knife-sharpener!’ And they nearly killed all the half-bloods and muggles here!”

“Then we all fought for our lives...” Harry began to have memories flash over his eyes — the etch of Fred’s last laugh on his face; Dobby’s eyes sparkled with the stars he couldn’t see; Tonks and Lupin lying on the table, as if they were asleep; Colin Creevey’s lifeless body on the ground; Voldemort calmly saying the curse as Harry stood in front of him, not resisting, as Hagrid struggled behind him; watching the memories of Snape in Dumbledore’s pensieve; Walking to the Forbidden Forest...Seeing the people he loved most...

Harry sat down, and the room quieted.

Lockhart was shocked, and extremely confused. What did they mean by —

The bell rang, and everyone exited the room.
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear