Search:

SIYE Time:0:02 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Remember When
By Sunrise

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff, Romance, Songfic
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 4
Summary: The first, the lasts, the laughter and tears, the heartbreak, the trust, and most importantly, the love between Harry and Ginny.
Hitcount: Story Total: 2980



Disclaimer: Harry Potter is all JKR's, not mine.



Author's Notes:
Well, here it is, my first fanfic. It's loosely based on one of my favorite country songs. I hope you like it.




ChapterPrinter


The couple walked joyfully, fingers laced together, on their way back to Harry’s flat. They had just left an ice rink and both were tired from skating, though more so from falling. Neither had had much experience in the sport and had been the object of many children’s laughter.

Once they walked inside the flat, Harry hurriedly lit a fire to warm them up.

“Hot chocolate?” he asked as the fire came to life.

“Yes, please,” Ginny answered gratefully. As she settled onto his couch in the living room, she called out, “Oh, with marshmallows too.”

Harry walked into the room before she stopped speaking, holding two mugs. “I know,” he commented as he handed her the cup.

Ginny felt that fluttering that still occurred when she realized how well Harry knew her. Of course, after two years of dating, he should know those kinds of things, but the fluttering attacked her nonetheless.

“Who knew skating could be so strenuous? I’m surprised I can still sit after that last fall.”

“You really should’ve been watching where you were going,” Ginny offered as she tried and failed to stifle a laugh. “If Voldemort knew all he’d need was a 6-year-old to take you down — “

“That wasn’t my fault,” he interrupted, feigning indignation. “Honestly, those skates should have a brake system.”

“Did you see that poor boy? He was crying his eyes out.”

Harry took a sip of his drink. “Him? What about me? I suspect I’ll have to stay out of work for the next week.”

“Oh, my poor baby.” Ginny slid closer to him, took his mug, and put both of theirs down on the center table. “If you wanted some TLC, you could’ve just said so.” She continued to get closer until she was sitting on his lap, her back against the armrest. As Ginny leaned in to kiss him, she felt her neck and cheeks flush at her own daring. She didn’t know where it came from and it only ever happened with Harry. A wave of desire threatened to overwhelm her whenever she was around him and she struggled to keep her composure.

“Gin,” Harry said as she moved down to kiss his neck, “we can’t do this.”

“What?” she said, out of breath, as she continued to kiss him.

“This. I can’t stay in control if we continue this.”

Ginny pulled back. The desire in his eyes surprised her, but it helped her make her decision. After a few minutes of silence, she pulled her sweater off to reveal a t-shirt that clung to each of her curves perfectly. Harry let out a low growl.

“What if I don’t want you to stay in control?” Ginny asked, her voice low and filled with lust.

Harry’s eyes widened in surprise at the revelation. They had never gone beyond kissing, and before tonight, she never gave him signs that she was ready for the next step. “Are you sure?”

Ginny bit her lip for a moment before standing up. She then pulled Harry up with her and led him into his bedroom. She proceeded to bring them both down onto the bed and continued kissing him, with more passion than Harry ever recalled her giving him. She pulled off his shirt, only breaking off the kiss for a moment before latching onto his lips again.

Ginny stood up again and Harry nearly moaned from the loss of contact. The moan got caught in his throat when he realized what she was doing.

She had slid off her pants and was now slipping off her shirt to reveal her creamy skin to him for the first time. Harry noticed her blushing out of self-consciousness and he realized he’d been staring.

“Gin, you’re so incredibly —” Harry paused.

“What?”

“There aren’t words to describe you right now. Gorgeous, beautiful, stunning — they’re all used too much. They’re not nearly enough.”

Harry’s praise did nothing to settle her blushing.

“You’re positive about this?” Harry asked once again.

Ginny laid on top of him and kissed him once more before saying, “I love you and only you.”

-----


Harry looked over at the woman lying peacefully at his side, her eyes closed and the corners of her lips turned up into the smile that melted his heart. They had just made love for the umpteenth time minutes before. He reveled in the amount of energy the petite girl possessed. He felt exhausted but at the same time, he felt he held more happiness than any one person should be able to feel. The strength of his love for her still amazed him sometimes and he wondered whether he could ever love anyone more.

Two and a half years ago, after the end of the war, Ginny didn’t take Harry back as quickly or as easily as he had expected. Though she understood his reasons for leaving her, that didn’t mean she didn’t think it was stupid and insensible. She didn’t ignore him, nor did she make it easy. Despite the difficulty, Harry knew now as he knew back then that the embarrassment, shame, laughter, tears, hard work, and courting had all been worth it.

The next two years went by quickly as they were both busy, Harry with Auror training and Ginny finishing school and starting professional Quidditch. Harry, along with Ron, were well on their way to becoming Heads of the Auror Department and Ginny was a star Chaser as a part of the Holyhead Harpies.

As Harry lay in his bed, he thought about where his relationship with Ginny was going. He had a hard time imagining them marrying so young, but it was harder to imagine a life without her. Yes, they were young, but he planned on making every moment of their lives count. He knew he could never love anyone more.

Ginny’s eyes fluttered open and confusion momentarily flashed in her bright brown eyes. Her eyes then met Harry’s, and it was all he could do not to ravish her again.

“Hey you.”

“Hi,” Ginny muttered sleepily. “Have I been sleeping for long?”

“No, not really.”

Ginny gave him a slight nod before closing her eyes and snuggling into his arms more. Harry tightened his grip on her in response.

“Gin?” Harry asked after a few minutes of silence.

“Yeah?”

“Look at me.”

She looked up, her eyes full of questions. Harry tucked some loose hair behind her right ear before continuing.

“I love you.”

Ginny grinned sleepily. “I love you too, Mr. Potter.”

Harry smiled softly. Then, “Let’s get married.”

Silence. Ginny opened her mouth to speak but closed it again as nothing came out. She looked into Harry’s eyes and saw them shining with an incredible amount of love. She felt like she could literally burst with happiness.

Eyes bright with unshed tears, Ginny said, “Let’s.”
Reviews 4
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear