Search:

SIYE Time:14:17 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Making Up Is Hard To Do
By magical_music15

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:All
Genres: Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: None
Rating: PG
Reviews: 7
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

*** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

Harry and Ginny have a really bad fight after the Final Battle. Will making up be as easy as it sounds?

(This is my first fanfic so it will probably sound really cliche and corny.please review.)
Hitcount: Story Total: 4321



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is my first fanfic so it probably sounds cliche and corny!




ChapterPrinter


It was all over. Harry lay on his old four-poster in Gryffindor Tower, staring blankly at the ceiling. He'd just slept for nineteen hours straight, and now all he wanted to do was find that one redheaded girl. Harry got out of bed, dressed, and went down to the common room. He immediately found the Weasleys, sitting together in one corner of the room. He crossed the room, trying to prepare himself for the conversation that lie ahead.

"Oh, Harry dear. you're awake!" Mrs. Weasley said, hugging him tightly. The signs of crying stained her gentle face. "Thank goodness you're alright."

"I'm fine Mrs. Weasley. Are all of you okay?" he asked, looking at the faces of the people surrounding him. All of them were smiling, but the smiles were just covering up their pain. Harry felt their pain too. His eyes fell on Ginny's. All he could see was hurt, sadness, and distress. "Ginny, could we talk?"

Ginny looked at him. Her eyes filled with tears. Quickly she got up, stepped over her brothers and Fleur, and ran from the Common Room, with Harry close behind her. When she stopped, she leaned against a big stone pillar in one of the corridors. Harry reached out and touched her shoulder.

"Ginny-"

"Don't you dare start all that 'Ginny-' rubbish with me Potter!" she said furiously, pulling away from him. She turned on him, her eyes full of pure hatred. Harry felt his chest tighten in fear. Despite her size, Harry knew that Ginny was strong. "You leave for nearly a year and then go into the woods to DIE! You expect me to just forgive and forget! Yeah right! I ought to hex you for the hell you put me through! You left me! I didn’t even get to say goodbye to you for Merlin’s sake. I didn’t hear from you for nearly a year! Don’t even try to apologize! Consider yourself in the proverbial doghouse! And don't even think about following me this time!"

Tears of sheer anger streamed down her face. Harry was at total loss for words. Ginny stormed down the corridor, down the staircases, and out of the castle. Harry felt as if he would die. The girl he loved hated him. Worse she loathed him. He turned around solemnly and walked back to the common room. He didn't even say a word to the Weasleys, though he felt the eyes of George, Bill, and Charlie burning into his back. He went straight up to his dorm. Ron and Hermione knew something was wrong, so they followed him. They found him sitting quietly in his bed.

"Harry, what happened?" Hermione asked.

"She hates me," Harry mumbled, a lump rising in his throat.

"Don't worry mate, she'll come around," Ron said, patting Harry on the back.

“Ron, she really hates me. How could I have put her through all that?”

“Harry, you had to. It’ll work out,” Hermione said, taking his hand.


******~~~~~******


Five months passed. Funerals and memorial services occurred. Harry stayed at the Burrow for the summer, the only place where he felt he wouldn't get bombarded with praise he felt he didn't deserve. Then he moved into Grimmauld Place with Ron and Hermione. He didn’t feel he deserved to be alive. To make things worse, Ginny still despised him. They saw each other almost every week and still she gave him the cold shoulder.

It was the night before Halloween and Harry lay in his bed, having a particularly horrific nightmare. Sights of people dying filled his head. Bellatrix killing Sirius. Remus and Tonks dying. Fred dead on the floor. Then he saw something new. Ginny, held at wand point by none other than Voldemort.

“NO! DON”T KILL HER!PLEASE DON’T. LET HER GO! KILL ME! GINNY NO!”

Harry sat bolt upright, sweating, and sick to his stomach. Ron and Hermione came into the room, worried and panicked.

“Harry! Are you alright?” asked Hermione.

“Harry, Ginny’s alive. You’re fine mate.”

Tears fell from Harry’s eyes. “She still hates me!” Harry said, angrily wiping at his eyes, felling foolish and stupid.

Ron and Hermione were at a loss for words. They didn’t know what to say to help their friend. Quietly, they left the room, leaving Harry to be by himself for a while. Harry couldn’t figure it out. It had been months and Ginny still wouldn’t as much as sneeze in his direction. To make matters worse, he, Ron, and Hermione had to go to the Burrow the next day for dinner. He didn’t want to go. But he feared Mrs. Weasley more than Ginny. Considering that it was light out anyway, he went downstairs and sat down to breakfast with Ron and Hermione.

******~~~~~******

When they arrived at the Burrow, they were greeted as if they’d been gone for ages. Mrs. Weasley hugged each of them, told them how skinny they were, and told them to leave the kitchen so she could cook. Ron and Harry went outside to visit with Bill, Charlie, George and Fleur. However, Hermione went upstairs to see Ginny. After hugs and hellos, Hermione sat Ginny down.

“We need to talk.”

“About what?” Ginny asked.

“You know what,” Hermione said sternly.

“Hermione I don’t want to-”Ginny started.

“You’re going to listen to what I have to say. He’s miserable. Since you and he had that row back in June, he’s not been himself. He barely eats. He doesn’t play Quidditch. He’s distracted and melancholy all the time. Ginny he’s still having nightmares. And do you know what they are about? You! Every night, he wakes up afraid and screaming 'NO DON”T KILL Ginny!' He misses you Ginny. He still loves you. Did you know that there were nights that when he was on watch of our tent, he’d take out the Marauder’s Map and stare at your dot as you slept? Your loathing him is tearing him apart. It’s tearing you apart too!”

“I DON’T LOATHE HIM! I LOVE HIM!” Ginny yelled, standing up. “WHY DO YOU THINK HIS BEING GONE HURT ME SO MUCH? HERMIONE, I LOVE HIM!”

Ginny fell onto her bed sobbing. Hermione knelt beside her. “Ginny, you need to tell him that, not me.”

Hermione got up and headed to the door. As she left, Ginny still lay on her bed, no longer sobbing, but crying none the less. After about an hour, she got up, fixed her hair and went down stairs. She found Harry sitting in the living room with Teddy on his lap. The little boy was almost a year old now. His hair was bright green and he was laughing as Harry made faces at him. Ginny crossed the room and sat down on the couch next to them.

“Do you mind if I hold my godson?” she asked, careful not to look Harry in the eye.

“He’s your godson?” Harry asked, surprised.

“Yeah, when Remus and Tonks made you godfather, they made me godmother. Tonks and I were like sisters. Do you mind?”

“No, not at all,” Harry answered, handing her the baby boy.

“Gin-Gin,” gurgled Teddy. Ginny bounced the child on her knees.

“Harry I think we need to talk.”

“About what?” Harry asked, staring intently at the fire.

“You, and me.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah. Harry I wanted to apologize. The way I treated you was wrong. I was just so angry that I couldn’t find anyone else to blame but you. I’m sorry and I hope you’ll forgive me,” she said, laying Teddy down on a blanket on the floor and standing in front of Harry.

Harry was silent for a few minutes. “Are you serious?”

Ginny simply nodded; for fear that if she spoke she’d start crying again.

“Ginny, how could I not forgive you?” he said, standing up and pulling her against himself.

Harry held Ginny close, stroking her long red hair. Ginny pressed her face into his chest, leaning against him. Her knees had gone weak. Then, she pulled back slightly and looked up at him. She stared into his eyes, getting lost in their piercing emerald color. Before her mind could process what was happening, Harry’s mouth was on hers, and she was kissing him back. Ginny found her hands getting tangled in his messy hair, and standing on her tiptoes to reach him. After what could’ve been hours, Harry pulled away from her.

“Ginny, what are we doing?”

“What do you mean?” she asked, stepping back.

“I mean that when we broke it off last time, I was crushed and I knew you were too. Then in June, you started hating me. I don’t think I could do that again. You couldn’t either. I know it.”

“You’re right. Where does that put us though?”

“Where do you want us to be?”

“Where we were at Hogwarts, before Dumbledore’s funeral.”

“I like that idea,” Harry said, pulling Ginny back to him and kissing her again. Teddy’s giggling pulled them back to reality.

“Well, we’re his godparents huh?” Ginny asked.

“Yup. And as a matter of fact, Andromeda is going on vacation to the States. She asked me to take him for the month she’ll be gone. Do you want to come stay at Grimmauld Place and help me take care of him?”

“Yes, as a matter of fact, I do.”
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear