Search:

SIYE Time:10:49 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Cupid Attraction
By gls

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All, All
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 7
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

*** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

Hermione convinces Harry to accompany her on a speed dating course run by a close friend-Ginny Weasley. The moment they meet, Harry and Ginny are instantly attracted to each other; the only problem is that Harry is Ginny's client, and besides, he's there to chat up other girls and look for the love of his life. But could it be that he's already found her? Completely AU. Harry and Ginny have NEVER MET.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3832



Disclaimer: If I owned JKR's world, I would buy a thousand ducks, Any ducks? Nope.



Author's Notes:
hey, this is my first fanfic...hope it's okay! Please read and review! Much appreciated :)




ChapterPrinter


Harry Potter stared at himself incredulously in the full-length mirror; reaching up tentatively, he ran a hand over his slick hair.

“Hermione, w-what did you do?” The man in the mirror had an air of a gentleman, looking dignified in crisp maroon dress robes, every hair combed meticulously into place.

Hermione Granger gazed thoughtfully at her handiwork for a moment, before giving a nod of satisfaction. Crossing the room, she reached out and closed Harry’s mouth gently.

“It’s a simple styling charm Harry, guaranteed to tame any type of hair–even yours.” The amusement was evident in her tone.

“It does have a certain…effect,” Harry had gotten over his initial shock, and was now admiring his hair in the mirror, angling his head for a better view.

Hermione hid her smile; she was glad Harry was pleased with the result. He had never been very confident of himself before, and tonight he needed a boost to his self esteem more than ever.

“Could you teach it to me? The charm I mean. Not that I don’t like my hair normally– I’ve just never been able to get my hair to behave before.” Harry had finished his inspection, and was now looking at Hermione pleadingly.

“You look great Harry, you always do; even when you hair is in its usual disarray–it has an endearing quality to it.” Harry shifted uncomfortably, and Hermione could see his face heat up.

“Of course I’ll teach it to you–but another time Harry; if you don’t hurry and finish dressing, we’ll never make it on time.”

Harry groaned inwardly. His hair had thrown him off for the moment, but now the whole reason he was even getting himself primped up came back to him–speed dating.
Somehow, Hermione had managed to convince him to accompany her to a speed dating course run by a close friend. She had insisted that she needed to find a husband, and her research showed that 80% of newlyweds met through pre-arranged means, therefore coming to the logical conclusion that speed dating was the obvious choice.

“Are you sure you want to do this? I mean, there are plenty of good blokes out there, like R–” Harry snapped his mouth shut; he had almost forgotten that neither Ron nor Hermione realised the others feelings for them–even though it was painfully obvious to the rest of the world.

“I told you Harry, speed dating has proven to give excellent results. Besides, the person who runs this place is a very good friend–I trust her completely.” Harry wrecked his mind for another argument, but came up short.

“Why do I have to go?”

“Come on, Harry! We all know you haven’t had a real relationship since we graduated from Hogwarts–and that was 4 years ago! It’s about time you got out of the house and found a new girlfriend.”

Harry sighed in defeat. In all the time he had known her, he’d never managed to win an argument against Hermione.



* * * * *


52 Periwinkle street was crowed with muggles, all hurrying to and from their various appointments.

None of them noticed a small shabby-looking building built between the grocers and Sally’s Bakery, and certainly not the well-dressed yet slightly odd men and women who took furtive glances around before stepping right through said building’s door, as though it wasn’t even there.

Therefore, it isn’t in the least bit surprising that no one blinked an eye when two more odd people appeared out of no where, the man cursing loud enough for the entire street to hear.

“BLOODY HELL HERMIONE, a bit of warning would have been nice–”

“Harry, side-along apparition is the only way you could have come here. Only people who are keyed in can find this place–a special feature added to protect the privacy of its more high-profile customers. By the way, could you lower your volume? We’re in muggle London.”

Harry took a startled look at his surroundings; they were indeed in muggle London.

“Sorry. Do you know where exactly we are, Hermione? I’ve never been in this part of London before.”

“I wouldn’t expect you to know this place, Harry. We’re in the city centre. Anyway, we should be heading in, I’d like to catch up a little before the program starts.”

The two oddly dressed people had finished speaking, and now took a glance around before striding briskly through the brick wall, perfectly imitating all the others before them.

Only one small child had been observing them, and no one would believe her story afterwards. The crowd continued on, leaving no trace of the night’s activities.



* * * * *



“GINNY!” Ginny Weasley’s face lit up with her first true smile of the night.

Excusing herself from a conversation of boring small talk, Ginny turned around just in time to see a ginger haired figure pouncing on her, before getting her lungs emptied in a rib-crushing embrace.

“H-Hermione…can’t…breathe,” Ginny managed to choke out.

“Oh! I’m so sorry…are you alright?” Ginny rubbed her sides gingerly, and gave her best friend of 4 years a reassuring smile.

“I’m fine, Hermione, thanks for saving me. I swear, if I’d spent one more minute in the company of Erin over there, I would have resorted to my bat bogey.” Ginny gave a roughish grin, which grew even wider at Hermione’s perfect imitation of Mrs Weasley.

“Ginevra Molly Weasley! When are you going to start acting like a proper young lady! You may have six brothers, but that does not mean you have to start acting like one! But honestly, Ginny, you’ll scare away all your suitors with that Bat Bogey Hex of yours. Nothing says romance like mucus growing wings and clawing at his face.”

Ginny just smiled innocently at the remark.

“Incorrigible…”

At the sound of someone clearing their throat, Hermione gave a startled yelp.

“Where are my manners? I am so sorry Harry–Ginny, this is Harry Potter, Harry, this is Ginevra Weasley.”

Ginny’s breath caught in her throat.

The man standing before her wore expensive maroon dress robes that showed off his broad shoulders and chest nicely. Ginny’s eyes travelled up his body appreciatively, finally settling on his face.

He had nice features, and his hair was styled impeccably, but it was his eyes that were truly amazing. They were a piercing emerald green, filled with a depth of emotion and intensity that Ginny had never experienced before; and right now, they were fixed resolutely on her face, watching for her reaction.

Ginny fought a mad urge to blush. What is wrong with me? I haven’t been this embarrassed to meet a guy since…Julien…and we don’t want to go there…

Feeling the warmth spread through her cheeks, Ginny looked down, unable to meet Harry’s gaze. Harry’s hand was outstretched, and Ginny noticed as she shook it that it was calloused–a pleasant change from the baby smooth skin of her customers. I like a man who actually works for his living–Mmmm, his arms are so sexy…W-What am I thinking?!

Ginny dropped Harry’s hand as though it was on fire; mumbling an excuse about needing to get the course started, she spun on her heel and fled into her office, slamming the door shut behind her.



* * * * *


Harry wandered to a corner and leaned against the wall, trying desperately to clear his thoughts. Hermione had gone in search of Ginny after she had practically run away from him, shooting him an apologetic smile. He was rather relieved actually, needing the time to sort out his own emotions.

Ginny...When Hermione had introduced them, Harry’s mouth had gone completely dry. She may have been petite, but her curves were enticing, and she certainly wasn’t lacking in other areas…Her mouth had captured all his attention, and when her tongue had darted out to her lips, Harry was thankful his robes had adequately covered his reaction.

He was more attracted to her than any other women he had ever had the misfortune of dating, but she was completely out of bounds. When she had hastily retreated, she had revealed another asset that Harry had amazingly overlooked–her hair.

She had beautiful fiery red hair that fell to her waist in waves. As far as Harry was aware, there was only one wizarding family with hair that red…the Weasleys’.

Harry tried frantically to recall Hermione’s words,…Harry, this is Ginevra Weasley. That was it. Harry’s heart plummeted. Ginny was a Weasley–her mum was Mrs Weasley, and she had six brothers–one of them was Ron.

Harry ran his hands through his hair in frustration, completely destroying any semblance of a hairstyle. Why does Ginny have to be a Weasley?! Hermione–I am going to kill you!



* * * * *


At the sound of her office door opening behind her, Ginny whirled around hastily.

“Hermione! Thank god it’s you–”

“Ginny, what happened out there? One minute you were joking around with me, and the next you were practically fleeing. Is there something wrong? All I did was introduce you to…OH!”

Hermione’s eyes widened significantly, and a sly smile slowly spread across her face.

“I see, so that’s the problem.” Ginny could feel her face heat up, and instantly went on the defensive.

“Honestly, I don’t know what you’re talking about! Anyway, I really need to get ready; the program starts at 8 sharp. So if you don’t mind…” Ginny trailed off at the smirk on Hermione’s face.

“Oh, I think you know exactly what I’m talking about–tall, dark and handsome? Soulful emerald eyes? Do you know Ginny, that when you find someone attractive, your ears turn the same shade as your hair?” This last statement was added gleefully.

“Enough! I am not attracted to Harry! Now, OUT!”

Ginny was brandishing her wand threateningly, and Hermione knew better than to push her buttons at this point.

“Alright, I’ll leave…but a word of the wise, you might want to take a look in the mirror.” With a cheeky grin, Hermione fled the office, escaping Ginny’s ire.

Ginny walked around her desk, and sank into the plush armchair, conjuring a simple hand mirror in her palm.

Shooting a fearful glance at her reflection, she let out a groan. Oh god, why is she always right? And why does Harry Potter have to be so damn sexy?!



* * * * *


An ornamental bell rang out in the crowded reception area, catching the attention of the entire guest. The chatter died down, and the anticipation in the room built up, creating a tense atmosphere.

“Harry, there you are!” Harry looked around for the source of the voice, and saw Hermione hurrying towards him, clutching a shawl around her shoulders. Squinting at her outfit, Harry realised that she had changed out of her modest pantsuit into a revealing black dress that bared her shoulders and flattered her figure.

“Hey, I think the program’s about to start. By the way, did you change your dress?”

“Umm, yeah, I did. I know it’s not what I usually wear, but I thought it would be nice to dress up tonight…”

Harry could see her fighting down a blush, and quickly gave her a reassuring smile.

“You look great, Hermione, any guy would be crazy not to fall for you.”

“Thanks Harry, that’s a really sweet thing to say.”

Harry was saved from the embarrassment of replying by the entrance of their hostess. The entire room applauded loudly as Ginny made her way into the room, her hips sashaying as she walked.

Harry found himself dumbstruck. Apparently, Hermione wasn’t the only one who had changed out, but this time Harry could appreciate the dress much, much more.

Ginny was dressed in a shimmering olive gown that clung to her curves, baring her back. The gown fell to her ankles, and a single slit ran up the side, exposing her slender legs to the thigh. Her hair had been done up in a French knot, and fiery ringlets fell loosely, framing her face like a goddess.

There was a collective loosening of bow ties in the room, Harry included.

“Good evening everyone, welcome to Cupid Attraction, a speed dating course that is guaranteed to find you your other half. My name is Ginevra, and I will be your hostess for the duration of the course. Now, if you will all follow me into the adjourning room, we can begin the search for your soulmate.”

As they shuffled into the next room, Harry marvelled at Ginny’s voice. It was melodious and gentle, instantly putting the occupants of the room at ease, and catching them up in the romantic mood of the evening.

Catching Hermione’s eye, Harry withdrew from his thoughts and noticed that all the women were forming up on one side of the room, and the men on the other. Harry got in line behind an Irishman, and watched amusedly as the females eyed the men, as though browsing through a catalogue.

A small cough from the front brought all eyes on Ginny, as she explained the outline of the course.

“Today is the first day of your twenty-eight day course, and also the day when you will be narrowing down your list of potential partners, from the 30 men and women you see here, to 15.”

“Tonight, all we require of you is to be yourself and mingle with the other guest. My helpers and I will be observing your interactions, and by the end of the night will split the group into two, according to your interests and personalities.”

“In a few days, we will send the details of your next group date to your residence. Only when you attend the date will you find out who is left in your group and who isn’t. As the dates go on, we will be observing and narrowing down your list of partners, until on the 28th day you will be left with your perfect partner.”

“Trust in our choices, as we are very experienced in spotting good matches. I’d like to reassure you that we’ve never been wrong before. If however, when the 28 days are over, and you find that you aren’t completely satisfied with your partner, we will provide you with a complete refund of the course fee. But I trust we won’t be resorting to that.”

Ginny had been rattling off the details of the course, and now ended with a dazzling smile that left Harry winded. Truth be told, Harry hadn’t heard a word she’d said, preferring to concentrate on her mouth as it shaped her words.

Looking around, Harry was surprised to see that most of the other people in the room had spread out and were now making conversation in small groups, or one to one.

The lights had dimmed, and from the front of the room came classical music, soothing the senses. Waiters were flitting around the room unobtrusively, supplying champagne and other comforts.

From the corner of his eye, Harry could see Hermione engaged animatedly in conversation with the Irishman he had stood in line with. She too seemed completely comfortable, and as content as the other guests in the room.

Harry however, was having no such luck. He had never been a very open person, preferring to keep to himself, and was only comfortable around his friends and the Weasleys, people he had known almost his entire life. Somehow he couldn’t get used to the idea of suddenly striking up conversation with a complete stranger.

Hoping to appear invisible, Harry was slowly backing away into a corner, when a voice stopped him.

“Hey there handsome, where do you think you’re going?”

Harry looked around, and spotted a blond in her 30s calling him over. Gulping audibly, Harry forced his feet to move, and slowly made his way across the room, stopping a few feet away.

“Cecilia Gordon, I play professional tennis, and I like my men active, if you know what I mean.” Cecelia gave Harry a flirtatious wink, and Harry gaped at her in horror.

“H-Harry Potter. I play quidditch, but not professionally, just for leisure…”

Harry could see Cecelia’s eyes light up in recognition, and she surveyed his body a second time.

“Mmmm-hmmm, I can see playing quidditch has its perks… too bad your robes cover that body of yours, mind giving me a ride on your broomstick?” Cecelia gave Harry another naughty wink, and this time Harry had had enough.

Concentrating on the chair beside her, Harry conjured an image of Gilderoy Lockhart, flashing his award winning smile. Cecelia gave a squeal of delight, and immediately focused her attention on the hologram, allowing Harry whip out his invisibility cloak, and become truly invisible.

Carefully holding his cloak shut, Harry backed away into a corner, observing Cecelia’s reaction. She had attempted to stoke Lockhart’s thigh, and the hologram had flickered and disappeared, leaving a very upset Cecelia storming away from the table.

Harry had to cover his mouth to stifle a laugh, and heard someone behind him giggling uncontrollably. Harry immediately spun around, and was startled to have his invisibility cloak whipped off his head.

“Tsk, tsk, Harry. That wasn’t very nice…but bloody hell was it funny!” Ginny was bent over, clutching Harry’s cloak to her chest, as she tried desperately to control her mirth.

“I mean, the hologram was pure genius! And the look on her face when Lockhart disappeared!”

By now, Ginny had tears running down her face, and before she could stop herself, she let out a rather unlady-like snort.

Her eyes widened, and she glanced at Harry apprehensively, waiting for the repulsive reaction that had always followed her slip-up, but it only took a split second before Harry himself was doubled over, clutching his sides in laughter. His features were contorted in agony and amusement.

Well, of course this set Ginny off again, and it took a full minute for them to recover.



* * * * *


Ginny watched Harry as he tried to catch his breath after their laughing marathon. His cheeks were pink, and his breathing came out in ragged gasps.

As Ginny observed him, she felt herself drawn to his eyes once more; they were twinkling merrily, and had completely lost any trace of the guardedness Ginny had noted before.

She felt the corners of her mouth pull up in a small smile; she didn’t know how she knew, but she felt as though she had seen a side of Harry that few got to see–and she was glad for it.



* * * * *


With a final cough, Harry straightened and caught Ginny looking at him; she seemed to be searching his face for something, but once she saw that he had caught her, she immediately looked away.

“Um, so how do you know Hermione?” Harry cleared his throat nervously. Did I just ask her that? God, I sound like an idiot…reminds me of my Hogwarts days actually…oh man, this is bad…

“Oh, well, I actually have a brother, Ron, and Hermione was his classmate–I actually suspect they’re more to each other than that–but anyway, so after they finished at school, Hermione would come visit at The Burrow–our house–every week, so I kind of got to know her then. She’s a really great friend actually, if a little too smart for her own good. So, how do you know her?”

Ginny could have kicked herself at the way she rambled on.

“I know your brother, Ron …actually, make that your whole family. I went to school with him and Hermione; they were and still are my best friends. One thing I don’t get though, why didn’t you go to Hogwarts? And how come I’ve never seen you before at The Burrow?”

Ginny stared at Harry incredulously. She was sure that if she’d seen him before, she would have noticed.

“Okay, wow. Well, I didn’t go to Hogwarts because all my brothers had gone there, and I wanted to create a place for myself, you know, not be just another Weasley…”

Harry couldn’t believe what he was hearing. How can she think that? She’d have been noticed a mile off if she’d gone to Hogwarts; Heck, all the boys would have fought to go out with her…then again, maybe it is a good thing she didn’t attend…

“I went to Beaubaxtons instead. We had a different school term from Hogwarts, so that’s probably why I never saw you over summer break…and after school ended…have you come to The Burrow since?”

Ginny watched Harry’s reaction carefully; his eyes seem to become guarded at her last question, and she lamented the loss of intimacy she had felt. But it wasn’t just that. Behind the guarded expression he wore, Harry seemed to be remembering something, and whatever it was, it brought a look of pain and anger into his eyes.

“I-I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to…”

Ginny’s voice startled Harry out of his revive, of which he was grateful. The memories he had been reliving had been of his life after leaving Hogwarts, dealing with the grief of those he’d lost, as well as the weight of having taken a life on his conscience. He’d avoided all contact with the world for 3 years, even shutting out the closest thing he had to family–the Weasleys. It had only been in the past year that he had made up his mind to start living life again, and had gotten in contact with Ron and Hermione…still, he hadn’t yet plucked up the courage to visit The Burrow, something he was working on.

“It’s okay, I’ve just been keeping to myself quite a bit since school ended. Haven’t had the chance to visit, but I’ll do so pretty soon; I miss Mrs Weasley’s cooking too much to stay away.”

Ginny saw Harry withdraw into himself, and even as he tried to put on a normal front, she knew it was forced. You’re an enigma, you know that Harry Potter? I swear, I’m going to find out what it is you’re hiding, or if there’s something you’re hiding from…even if it means having to get to know you.

Ginny smiled; sometimes, being a woman on a mission had its perks.



* * * * *


“Harry?”

“Hmm?”

“Don’t you think you should be mingling with the other people…you know, so I can observe you?”

Harry took in a sharp breath; he’d been so comfortable talking to Ginny, he’d almost forgotten where he was, and why he was here. Why did I ever let Hermione talk me into this? The woman I want is right here–and now I have to go and chat up some other girl and pretend I’m interested? Life is unfair…

“Um, yeah, I guess I forgot. Well, I’ll be off then, to play Casanova…”

Ginny watched him go with a pang of regret. Why did you have to go and remind him? You were having a brilliant time talking–Well, he’s paying me to meet other girls, that’s why…anyway, he’s your client–Off limits. Period.

Ginny sighed a little sigh, which turned hopeful as he turned back. Oh, squash it…stupid heart…

“Ginny? I don’t know if you’re allowed to do this as my hostess…” Yes? Yes?

Ginny looked at him expectantly.

“But, could you make sure Cecelia Gordon is not in my group? Please, I’m begging you–as a friend.”

Harry’s eyes pleaded with Ginny.

“Sure Harry, no problem.”

As Ginny watched him walk up to a small petite girl in her 20s, she sighed heavily.

Sure Harry. As a friend.



* * * * *


Hermione watched her two friends chatting in the corner.

I should have guessed he was her type. It was so obvious! I can’t believe I didn’t see it before…well, I’ll just have to make it up to them by being the best match maker I can possibly be.

It wouldn’t be fair to leave Ron out of this, after all, he is her brother and Harry’s friend…but then again, the guy has a maturity level of an eight year-old…best to keep him out of the loop for now.

Ron, hmm…I wonder what he’s doing now…



* * * * *


The rest of the night, Harry continued circulating the room, chatting up all sorts of women.

Some of them were scary, like Cecelia, and he made sure to stay away; but some of them were pretty nice. One of them in particular, Janice Brighton, the girl he had spoken to after leaving Ginny, was easy to talk to.

The night was going well, but there was one particular red head he couldn’t seem to stop thinking about.

Good thing I’m paying a house call to The Burrow this Sunday–she won’t know what hit her.



* * * * *


Ginny was in constant motion, observing all her 30 clients carefully.

It was her duty to watch their interactions, and match them with their perfect match. No interference. Just work.

But there was one particular person she followed closely that night, grimacing every time he smiled a heartbreaking smile at another girl, or his emerald eyes twinkled at their jokes.

The green-eyed monster of jealousy had never been this strong in Ginny and the urge to run in and just kiss Harry senseless was overwhelming.

Oh man, this is going to be a tough 28 sessions…good thing that’s the only time I’ll have to see him…

But damn, his eyes are gorgeous! And I think I like his hair messed up this way even more, makes me wish it was me running my hands through it…

Ginny sighed theatrically. Boy, was work going to be tough!



* * * * *
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear