Search:

SIYE Time:6:09 on 19th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Dear Ginny, About Those Affairs...
By georgie4puppies

- Text Size +

Category: Potter’s Affairs Challenge 2008-4
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 8
Summary: This is an entry into the "Potter's Affairs Challenge."

Harry writes Ginny a letter all about those affairs everyone's talking about...
Hitcount: Story Total: 5510



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work. I do not own Harry Potter!



Author's Notes:
Written for the "Potter's Affairs Challenge."




ChapterPrinter


11th August

Dear Ginny,

Happy Birthday! You're of age at last, eh?

By the time you have found this letter I will have left the Burrow and will have begun to start the next chapter of my life.

I hope you’re not angry, Gin, please don’t be angry because I didn’t say goodbye properly. Again. It had to be this way, it really did. I want you to be proud of me and so it’s all a surprise...

So I’ll start from the very beginning. This whole thing started on the 1st August, when we got our Hogwarts letters. I really, really want to go back, Gin. I hope you’re going to too. Then, that evening your dad asked me to go for a walk with him and we talked about a lot of things.

He told me about all the things I have now inherited because I’m of age and someone sensible has finally taken over the ministry! I get the whole of the Potter Bank Vault and The Black Family Vault. I don’t what I'm going to with all this money, Gin, maybe you could help me decide?

Anyway, I have so much to organise that your dad has put me in touch with a financial manager. His name is Mr. E. Conomic and I’m seeing him tomorrow.

Oh, I’m staying at Grimmauld Place, which as you already know, is now mine. But I also inherited another house. Remus and Tonks’ place, Boltalter. I will be going back to Hogwarts, Ginny, but I’ll probably be living here in the holidays and definitely until September 1st.

You’re probably wondering why I suddenly decided to move house. I love the Burrow; I’ve always felt welcome there, but I’m of age now and I need to learn to be a man and decide what I want to do with my life. I’ve told your parents exactly the same thing, and they understand so I really hope you can too. And it’s not forever, I’ll be back.

I’ve also inherited some more things from Mad-Eye and Professor Dumbledore. The pensieve being the most notable one and hopefully when we go back to school I can show you some of my most precious and important memories. That is, if you’re still speaking to me by then. I hope so.

I know you already know about all my rewards for being the one who...ended it, but I’ve got an idea that I want you to be the first to know about. I really want to start my own charity, for those who were affected by this long war with Voldemort. But, as I will explain to Mr. Conomic tomorrow, I don’t want my name to be plastered across it as though I want more publicity for just trying to help people, because I honestly don’t want that. I haven’t thought of a name yet but I was hoping you might have some suggestions, since you were so clever making up Dumbledore's Army. And no, nothing like, “The Harry Potter (OOM) Charity!”

And now that I mention it, nothing with anything about my Order of Merlin in it at all, or any of the other things the Ministry has given me. I also want to give some of my other reward money to a few muggle charities, one for orphans living in the UK and another for those suffering from Domestic Abuse.

I expect you want to know about my choice of career, but I haven’t decided yet. I think that I’ll figure it out at Hogwarts. There’s still so much I can learn and use and since I’ve only had one job offer I think I’ll do what my whole body and heart is telling me to do and have a rest. I don’t mean that Hogwarts isn’t hard work, or at least it will be if Hermione is going back, but I don’t want to fight any dark wizards for at least another year. Before you even think it, Ginny, I know that Hermione will be going back to Hogwarts once she's home from Australia. So that means Ron is as well. The four of us reunited at school at last! If, of course, you decide to come...

I expect your dad has told you about the offer from Kingsley for a job in any department at the ministry, except for Potions. That's more your thing. I bet you laughed when you heard all about it. I wish I could hear you laugh now, Gin. I miss you so much already.

I know nothing really happened with us after the war but I want you to know, it’s not because I didn’t want it to. I just felt really overwhelmed with everything, with the titles, the 10,000 galleons reward money, which will definitely be split between my three charities. But I do still want to be with you, Ginny, please don’t forget that.

I think I will still want to be an auror though, especially after finding a memory that Moody left me, he’d labelled it, “Well I couldn’t have just left you alone with it, could I?” and it was his first day on the job. He also left me more memories and information on all the qualifications and other stuff that I’ll need to be successful. At the bottom of the page he’d written, “Not that you’ll need it anyway, Harry. Just being you will get you in.” It was amazing, and I know that he’d want me to follow in his footsteps. I’ll never be as good as him, Gin, and I’m really scared.

Speaking of scared, you’ll never guess who was standing outside Number 12 when I got there!

DRACO MALFOY AND HIS FAMILY!

Merlin, I was scared, Gin. I was all alone and there were three of them and they had the advantage that I had no idea what was coming....

But it was all fine, don’t worry. They had come to thank me and so I thanked Narcissa for saving my life and she smiled! She actually smiled! But I stil felt uneasy especially when Draco and I shook hands. I know what you’re thinking, but no, there was no double-crossing involved, I think... They said they came in peace and had been patrolling out here for nearly a week now in case I came. Lucius also said that he hadn’t come to the Burrow because he knew he wouldn’t be wanted and that your mum would cause him even more injury!

Anyway, so I managed to call a truce and they’ll be no more fighting or bitterness between these Malfoys and Potters and the generations of Malfoys and Potters to come. Probably.

I’m pretty sure Lucius had his fingers crossed behind his back though.

Only pretty sure.

Anyway, I hope you are well and that you’re not too angry to forgive me. I don’t deserve you, Gin, I really don’t. You’re amazing and beautiful and well....I’m really starting to regret running off without telling you now.

I wish I could see your face because I need to tell you something and I can’t say it on paper. Just know that I miss you and will tell you the first time you speak to me...

Please, please don’t date anyone else. Wait for me, is what I’m asking, I guess. And I know that’s not fair but it’s all I can do.

Well, that’s all I can think of to say, I guess. All my affairs are sorted now, I think. I'm really sorry that I've missed your birthday! Have a great one!

Less than a month until I see your gorgeous face again, Ginny.

Thanks for being the best silver lining ever.

All my love,
Harry xxx
Reviews 8
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear