Search:

SIYE Time:8:27 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Stay Beautiful
By Maraudersgirl

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:None
Genres: General, Romance, Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 7
Summary: HBP Missing Moment. The train ride home after Harry's sixth year. One-shot.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4545



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
A/N: Hey everyone. I'm finally back where there's internet access!

I'm sorry to those who are waiting for updates on 'An Absolute Match'. Don't worry the fourth chapter is coming soon. I know what's going to happen but sometimes it takes awhile for your pen to realize that.

In the meantime I hope you all enjoy this one-shot I came up with while I was cliff diving.....go figure.




ChapterPrinter


Stay Beautiful


The bucketing rain hadn’t stopped since the closing stages of Dumbledore’s funeral. Even now, the water fell down heavily, soaking the foggy windows of the Hogwarts Express. Ginny Weasley sat motionless, her legs crossed beneath her, as she gazed through the mist, her eyes roaming the landscape searchingly as though trying to find an answer hidden somewhere in the storm.

Ginny didn’t mind the rain so much though. The weather seemed to fit everyone’s mood: dark….troubled.

In fact, as it matters, she always used to love the rain.

When she was younger she had loved dancing in the puddles. Even her mother’s disapproving sniffs could do nothing to dampen the excitement that was her frivolous activities in the heaven descending water. It had always been her father who had opened the back door for her, telling her to ‘have fun while your mother’s not watching.’

For sure enough, she only ever did get a few minutes to herself before Mrs. Weasley would appear at the porch, shouting for her to return to the house lest she catch a cold. She had a few times too….gotten sick; during those rare moments when her mother hadn’t yet discovered her daughter’s whereabouts, Ginny would laugh and dance and play to her heart’s desire. Even though it landed her in bed for days following….it was always worth it.

Oh yes she had always loved the rain and today wasn’t any different.

She just loved it for an entirely different reason now.

The redheaded witch stood lifeless, her unseeing eyes gazing across the rippled water.

Everyone present at the lakeside funeral procession had gone, leaving her alone. And truly she had never felt more alone in her life. She didn’t know where Harry, Ron and Hermione had gone to. Though she tried to convince herself that it didn’t matter, she couldn’t fool anyone.

No matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t get the words out of her head. “We can’t be together.”

Merlin.

She said she had understood; understood that they couldn’t be together; understood that Tom would use her against him.

The truth was……she hadn’t lied, she understood perfectly.

But if that was supposed to make things easier, she couldn’t imagine what it must be like without that solace. Already she felt her heart was breaking.

She hadn’t cried when the words had left his mouth, though tears threatened to fall when she saw the emotion welling in his green orbs.

But she wouldn’t make him feel worse about his decision. She wouldn’t make the pain any shoddier by letting him see her cry.

The youngest Weasley grimaced at the thought of her bushy-haired friend’s reaction. Hermione would be thunderstruck and perhaps, for once in her life, she would be speechless.
It didn’t matter though. It had nothing to do with the older girl and Ginny wouldn’t hear it anyway. She respected Harry’s decision.

But standing there, alone, cold, and scared, Ginny thought she knew what it was like to be the owner of a broken heart. She felt a stab of poignant misery well in her stomach at the thought of women and men alike who stood, as she did, upon the shore of a raging lake, fear gnawing at their insides, a torn heart pounding reluctantly beneath their chests.

The rain had started then, soaking her to the bone and the tears that had, so forcefully, threatened to fall earlier, did so now.

As she turned toward the castle and began the lonely trek to the carriages that would take her to Hogsmeade, it was then; as Neville and Luna sidled up beside her and began chatting idly, none the wiser of a different explanation for her wet cheeks; it was then that she discovered a new appreciation for the rain……it hid the tears and so hid her broken heart.


~~


By an unfortunate turn of events Ginny had landed herself the seat directly across from Harry for the ever illuminating train ride to Kings Cross.

If she had had it her way the red head would never have even sat with the trio, but Hermione had seen her as she was passing the compartment and naturally, knowing nothing of the break-up, had insisted she come in. Immediately gawking over Ginny’s disheveled and soggy appearance, Hermione bombarded her with questions about what had taken her so long to reach the train when Harry, Ron and she had been there for ages.

The genuine concern in Harry’s green eyes had shown and nearly made more tears fall from Ginny’s own brown ones. Waving away Hermione’s worry Ginny had slipped a sweatshirt from her trunk and over her soaked head before hastily occupying the seat closest to her. Upon raising her head she found a pair of emerald orbs staring at her intensely.
Harry ducked his head and quickly turned away, avoiding her gaze.

Smiling forlornly, Ginny turned her focus to the window.

And so that’s how she got here: staring motionless out the window, thinking of nothing in particular……when slowly her lips began whispering the words of their own accord.

She’d heard the song on a muggle radio she had found in her Dad’s backyard shed. It had reminded her of Harry and her. Why the tune was coming back to her now she didn’t know.

Leaning her head back to rest on the head seat, very quietly her lips formed the first verse:

Harry’s eyes are like a jungle
He smiles it’s like the radio
He whispers songs into my window in words that nobody knows
There’s pretty girls on every corner they watch him as he’s walking home
Saying, does he know
Will you ever know?


A small smile crept its way onto her face. She glanced sideways out of the corner of her eye and rested her gaze on Harry. He looked lost, sitting, listening to Hermione and Ron’s attempt to steer the conversation away from Voldemort and his reign of terror. Ginny’s heart wrenched at the sight of his dead eyes.

His eyes that really could resemble a jungle: so complex, so full of emotion, yet at the same time it had always been so easy to decipher his mood because of them.

She remembered days spent lying by the tree down at the lake talking. Even before they were dating there had always been an unspoken bond between them.

And girls…..Ginny hid her grin.

Girls literally swooned when Harry walked in the room, and not just because he was devilishly handsome or because he had emerald green eyes that you could get lost in. They crushed on him because he was that handsome boy that was so unreachable, the dark-haired hero in all the romance novels, and yet he was so charming and sweet that it nearly took your breath away. And the truth was……he really had no idea.

The Great Hall was alive and booming as Ginny stepped through its arch entrance, sharing a happy smile with the eccentric Ravenclaw house member, Luna Lovegood, and resisting the desire to shoot a snarl at the jet black haired girl beside her, settling instead for a nasty comment in her inside voice. Luna gave her a knowing look and Ginny winked mischievously, grinning widely.

Luna was one of those extraordinary people who possessed the ability to decipher the innermost thoughts of your mind. It was oddly disconcerting but more than a little helpful when you didn’t feel like talking.

As the red head shuffled through the throng of students, like she, just arriving for breakfast, she glimpsed Hermione across the hall, seated at the Gryffindor table; immersed in, what Ginny could only assume, was yet another incredibly pointless fight with, Hermione’s not-so-secret crush, Ron.

Wondering just exactly what her brother had done this time, Ginny sidled into the seat beside Harry and greeted him cheerfully.

He smiled in return, ostensibly pleased she had arrived. “Sleep well?” he asked.

“Not great. Colin and his pesky brother, Dennis, kept me up half the night with the fascinating tales of their father’s milkman job. All while I was trying to finish my Dementor essay for DADA. Though I’m all for muggles having their milk delivered, I do not need to hear about it. I mean, don’t get me wrong, Colin’s an amazing guy but his tact is missing sometimes.”

Harry snorted. He knew all about that.

“So anyway, even though they were only up till midnight, it took me another hour to finish the essay. And then, of course, because it was my lucky night, the girls in my dormitory had stories to tell about the latest gossip. So it was near three when I finally slipped into unconsciousness.” She finished her rant with a slight grimace.

Harry groaned compassionately.

“You have no idea.” She laughed. “Anyway-” She nodded her head in the direction of his two best friends, whose inane battle was getting louder by the minute, drawing half the halls attention. “-What?..”

Harry rolled his eyes in exasperation and said in a bored voice, “The latest intelligence is that Hermione says Ron is being insensitive-“

“When is he not?”

“-And nosy-“

“Naturally.”

“- Regarding Hermione’s romantic life-“

“Cause he wants to be a part of that life.”

“- Declaring that it is not any of Ron’s business-“

“Like that will stop him.”

“-Whom she so chooses to date-“

“Even though she wishes it was because she wants to date him.”

“- Nor why she chooses to date them-“

“I never could figure out what she saw in him.”

“- Or, in short, Ron won’t stop calling Krum Vicky and its pissing Hermione off.”

“Now we reach the truth.”

Harry laughed. “I stopped listening ten minutes ago.”

“Don’t blame you,” Ginny said sympathetically. “But on a more interesting note; guess what the latest boy hearsay tells the entire female population of Hogwarts?” She grinned impertinently.

Harry’s face took on an apprehensive look.

“That the one and only Harry Potter is still dateless for the upcoming Hogsmeade trip this weekend. It is unfathomable, apparently, but entirely true.”

Harry blushed slightly but grunted. Ginny laughed, giving him a playful swat on the shoulder.

“Oh grow up, you big baby. It’s 8:17 now.” Ginny glanced at her watch. “My estimation is that the vast number of females in your glamorous fan club will start gathering up their courage to talk to you about……..”

Harry felt a tap on his shoulder and he turned around, revealing a petite brunette Ravenclaw, a girl, Harry guessed, no older than fourth year.

“Now,” Ginny finished.

Harry kicked her shin under the table and she stifled a cry of surprise.

It wasn’t twenty seconds after Harry had gently and politely turned down the first girl that another one appeared at his side, batting her eyelashes, smacking her lips together, and petting his shoulder as though he were an owl. She was at least a seventh year, Hufflepuff. Ginny thought rather uneasily that she could, quite possibly, be Romilda Vane’s older sister.

Taken aback Harry said ‘No’ much more rudely and quickly than Ginny was sure he had intended, but she didn’t have time to ask as another girl made her appearance known.

While Harry courteously declined yet another eager girl, Ginny glanced around the hall. She spotted a gaggle of girls, directly behind Harry, enviously eyeing the fourth year Gryffindor; attempting to, with much blushing and awkwardness, ask Harry to go with her to, from what Ginny could hear, Madame Puddifoot’s.

Laughing at the antics of the ridiculously enamored female population of Hogwarts, Ginny poured herself a goblet of Pumpkin juice and signaled to Harry the girls behind him. He shot her a quizzical look and turned around in his seat.

Upon seeing the squealing throng behind him Harry snapped his head back around and shot Ginny a fierce glare that clearly said, “Helping or hurting, Ginny?”

Resigning himself to the worst, he turned and gave a feeble wave to the group, running a hand embarrassedly through his hair. This sent the entire cluster into fits of sighs and giggles, making Harry blush and Ginny snigger.

By the time Ron and Hermione had surfaced from their extensive scrap Harry had already rejected eleven girls and his facial expression was no less bemused nor bewildered then it had been upon declining the first brave inquirer.



Biting back another grin Ginny glanced, once more, at the green-eyed boy. He ended up going by himself to Hogsmeade that weekend, though certainly not for lack of offers. His reasoning was simply, ‘on principle’

He was so stubborn that way, Ginny recalled favorably. The puzzled look on his adorable face had lasted all morning. He honestly had no idea why all the girls liked him. He always assumed it was because he was the Boy-Who-Lived but Ginny knew better, having heard from copious girls at Hogwarts that not only was Harry incredibly dishy, but he was also a way too charming, charismatic young man to be single. It was just too easy to see what a compelling guy he was.

It was no wonder they all liked him.

She sighed.

It was hard not to.



~~



“Gin?…” Harry asked concernedly.

“Huh?....Oh sorry Harry. What were you saying?” Ginny said, snapping out of her reverie.

“Oh.” Harry blushed faintly, mentally scolding himself for doing so. “I just wanted to see if you were okay? You’ve been awfully quiet.”

Ginny smiled reassuringly. “Yeah, I’m fine. Just thinking.”

Harry saw her eyes dart to the empty seats of the absent Ron and Hermione. “Prefect duties,” He answered her unspoken question.

She nodded.

He attempted to smile but he was sure it came out as nothing more than a tight grimace. There was a slightly awkward pause before Harry, curiosity gnawing at him, stole the courage to speak. “What…er….what were you….er….mumbling?”

“Oh that?….” Ginny laughed softly, and Harry thought she seemed to be struggling with herself as to whether or not she should tell him.

The thought of her doing such made a dejected sigh run through his entire body. Only yesterday she would have told him without a second thought, same as he would have done with her. He used to be able to see the trust in her eyes. It nearly killed him to see her chocolate brown eyes, normally so full of life, a replica of what he saw reflected in his own emerald eyes: a hardened gaze: emptiness and fear, an understanding of the hardships that were surely to come and those that already had.

Her voice brought him back.

“Do you remember the song I played for you a couple of weeks back on the muggle radio?”

Caught slightly off guard by the sudden change of atmosphere Harry forgot all about the distance he was supposed to be keeping between them and allowed himself to get caught up in the trip down memory lane. He really did manage a genuine smile this time and, nodding proudly, he said, “I can still remember all the words.”

Ginny looked at him in surprise. “You memorized it.”

Harry shrugged sheepishly, his ears turning red. “It was your favourite.”

Ginny’s eyes softened considerably and her look of surprise was replaced with one of adoration.

Harry tried not to look too pleased at seeing the look again. He knew they were making it harder on themselves and each other by getting lost in their feelings. But here, protected from the outside world, just the two of them; it was so easy to forget that they weren’t supposed to be together anymore.

Ignoring the part of his mind that was reprimanding, he was suddenly struck with an idea. In his deep voice the words sprang from his lips and he enjoyed the way her face broke into a brilliant smile; the way her toughened eyes were alive once more.

Cory finds another way to be the highlight of my day
I’ve taken pictures in my mind
So I can save them for a rainy day
It’s hard to make a conversation
When he’s taking my breath away
I should say
Hey, by the way


His voice died away and Harry smiled in remembrance, his hands absentmindedly picking at a loose thread in the cushion beneath him. “You said that to me……that day by the lake,” he said cautiously, fully aware of the dangers he was opening himself and Ginny to.

Though she still appeared relatively astonished that he remembered the song at all, Ginny still managed a cheeky grin somehow. “The day you…ah…., “rescued me” from my studying?”

Harry laughed happily, feeling more and more like the real him then he had in days and loving how she was making him feel. “I couldn’t get away from Hermione and find you fast enough. I just wanted to see you but Hermione kept saying I would just be a distraction.”

“How right she was. Your intentions were not pure in the least, Mr. Potter. As I recall, it is solely your fault that I only got an A in Divination.”

Harry’s eyes got dark and a grin slid across his face. “My fault? Is it my fault that you’re so bloody gorgeous? I was acting purely on the drive of my own heart and came to you directly for the purposes of seeing your eyes light up at the sight of me.” He grinned impertinently and Ginny blushed. “I assuage you my intentions were honorable. That is…” His eyes got dark again. “Until I caught sight of you and you being you make it nearly impossible for me to be in the same room as you and not kiss you, or run my fingers through your hair--” Harry stopped short, realizing the full force of the words that had left his mouth.

He blushed crimson, chastising himself profusely. How quickly he lost his head in her presence.

Ginny just laughed gently, ducking her head. “What–what did I say to you that day?” she asked quietly and Harry looked up, his gaze penetrating, grateful for her careful ignorance.

“You said,” his mouth suddenly curving into his trademark crooked grin, as the memory of that very day appeared in his mind’s eye. “You said it was hard to make a conversation with me because--.”

“Because why?” He heard Ginny ask softly.


If he hadn’t known she was there he never would have found her.
Books and ink bottles littered the desks, chairs and floor of the tiny corner. A garbage can stood on the end against the wall where bunched up parchment bits had been flung haphazardly. Some books lay open, others scattered in piles, the layers of dust giving leave to defer that they hadn’t been used in some while.

The girl in question was stationed somewhere in the middle of the chaos. Her fiery red hair was only slightly visible from where the teenage boy stood, his neck craning to catch even a small glimpse. Harry glanced around for any signs of the grouchy librarian or worse, his bushy-haired best friend.

Nothing.

As carefully and quietly as possible he weaved his way through to the girl. He stopped in his tracks when he saw her.

She had her back to him and her head bent over a book that he couldn’t make out. Her palm was facing downwards and she was moving it in slow circles, whispering something under her breath.

With a crooked grin, Harry knelt down and pressed a kiss to one cheek; then the other. There was no exclamation of surprise as he had been expecting, but instead a small smile appeared on her lips.

“Hey sexy,” he whispered in her ear, resting his chin on her shoulder and grinning in satisfaction when he saw the goose bumps erupt on the back of her neck. She was smiling widely now and when she looked up from her book and turned around to face him, her bright brown eyes were glowing with amusement.

“Sexy?” Ginny proclaimed quizzically, the smile never leaving her face. “Since when?”

He grinned and leaned in, once again, to whisper in her ear. “Since none of your brothers are here to pummel me for saying it.”

She laughed at that and he grinned again before taking her face in his hands and kissing her. She pulled away after a minute or so with an apologetic look and returned her eyes to The Oracle causing Harry to groan in frustration.

He sighed dramatically and rested his head on her shoulder, burying his face in her fiery locks.

“Harry, you know I have to study.”

“Come on Gin,” Harry pleaded, his voice slightly muffled by her hair. “Don’t tell me you don’t need a break. You’ve already been studying for hours. We’ll be really quick; a turn around the lake and back before anyone knows you’re gone.”

She hesitated for a second and then took one look at Harry’s emerald eyes shining brightly at her and she rolled her own with a sigh. “Ok. Ok. I can’t say no to you when you look at me like that. You’re too adorable.”

Harry laughed and waggled his eyebrows suggestively at her. “Adorable?”

She grinned and pulled him down for a quick kiss, ruffling her hands through his ebony hair. He shivered under her touch and Ginny’s grin grew wider. “Adorable.” She kissed him again.

“You know we don’t have to go on that walk,” Harry suggested quickly before resuming the kiss.

Ginny laughed and pushed him off, standing to her feet and holding out her hands to help him up. He grasped them tightly and allowed her to lift him to his feet, kissing her quickly before she slipped out of his arms.

Watching her hips swing from side to side in front of him as they made their way out through the private sanctuary made him think he could have happily captured her right then and taken her away all day, but he knew he couldn’t. Really, he didn’t mean to corrupt her into neglecting her studies but he missed her.

Placing his hands squarely on her hips, he pulled her back to his chest and felt her melt into him. He smiled and placed his mouth to her ear. “You fell for my ruse. You’re stuck with me now.”

She turned around in his grip and slipped her arms around his neck. “I think I can live with that,” she whispered.

As he ducked down to kiss her again he thought it must look rather amusing from the outside. To an onlooker, it could be presumed that he was under some sort of spell. The way he was staring at Ginny would give her brothers cause to worry. He could have easily chosen to be thoroughly embarrassed by the look he knew he had in his eye while she was in close proximity….in reality or in his dreams, but couldn’t find anything wrong with it given the fact that Ginny held the same glint in her own chocolate orbs when she looked at him.

They wandered for awhile before deciding to lie near the water.

Taking care to clear a spot twig free in the grass by the giant tree near the lake, Harry gestured for Ginny to sit down. She did so, patting the spot next to her invitingly.

He laughed blithely and sat in the desired place.

“So how’s studying going?” he asked casually, unconsciously sifting her fiery tresses though his calloused hands.

Ginny started to answer, turning her gaze to his face but her breath caught in her throat and for a second she said nothing, but mutely reached over and ran a thumb across his cheek.

Harry’s skin tingled pleasantly at her touch and he grinned.

“You don’t even know you do it,” she said thoughtfully.

Harry’s gaze turned inquiring. He smiled slowly, quizzically. “Do what?”

Ginny let out a breathless laugh, her eyes filled with love. “You, Harry Potter, do not know how hard you make it to carry out a normal conversation with you.”

Harry was incredibly puzzled now. “Why do I make it hard?”

Ginny smiled at the look of extreme confusion on her boyfriends face and answered simply, “Because you’re you, Harry.”



“Because I’m me….” Harry finished in a whisper, very aware of how close they had somehow become.

A slight blush rose in Ginny’s cheeks but she met Harry’s gaze unflinchingly. “Because you’re you,” she repeated tenderly. “Har-,” Ginny began.

“So, what did we miss? Ron’s voice interrupted his sister’s and through the compartment door he stepped, Hermione in his wake.

Harry and Ginny both jumped as though scolded and hastily returned to their previous positions.

Hermione and Ron looked perplexed but entered nevertheless, shutting the door behind them.

“You’ll never guess what these two brats were doing in their compartment,” Ron said animatedly, dropping into the seat beside Harry.

Ginny seemed nay interested and Harry watched through the corner of his eye as she returned her eyes back to the window, crossing her legs beneath her once more; while Ron preceded to reenact the very scene he had been speaking of seconds before: an enthusiastic recreation of two second years who thought they would experiment on a rat with some Weasley products.

The remainder of the train ride passed silently and uneventfully. After realizing no one particularly cared what happened to the experimental rat, Ron gave up on his story and, for once, Hermione spoke little, preferring to watch the hazy silhouettes of the numerous students walk back and forth down the aisles through the tinted compartment window.

Harry, for his part, resumed his silent act and spoke nothing, choosing, like Ginny, to watch the landscape fall away behind the misty glass.

A shrill whistle sounded through the air sometime later and Harry gave a start, snapping his eyes open to see Hermione already on her feet stretching, and Ron halfway through the compartment door.

Were they at Kings Cross already?

Quickly standing up Harry saw Ginny reaching above her head in an attempt to retrieve her trunk, but it was caught on the rack and she was too short to reach it.

“Here, let me help,” Harry mumbled, edging up beside her.

They were so close Harry could practically feel the heat emanating from her and though he struggled to maintain control of his hands, they trembled at the close contact, despite his best efforts.

“Thanks,” she muttered, when the trunk was standing in front of her.

Harry didn’t look at her as he nodded distractingly, forcing himself to step away from her, however badly he wanted to wrap her in his arms.

Ron and Hermione had both left and Harry reluctantly began to follow but a hand on his arm made him turn. His piercing green eyes met the chocolate brown ones of his ex-girlfriend.

“Harry?”

He paused on the threshold.

“A word?”

He hesitated for a fraction of a second then nodded apprehensively, reclaiming his seat.

“Harry, I-“ She tried again. “I-“ She stopped for a second time and glanced out the window.

Harry watched as a piece of auburn hair slid from behind her ear contrasting beautifully with her pale, creamy skin and he fought the urge to replace the tendril to its previous position.

He shook his head to clear it as Ginny found her voice and suddenly his throat tightened as a dazzling smile lit up her face. It didn’t break as a beautiful melody fell from her lips.

“Harry’s eyes are like the jungle, he smiles it’s like the radio. He whispers songs into my window in words that nobody knows. There’s pretty girls on every corner they watch him as he’s walking home, saying does he know?” She shook her head knowingly, the smile still high on her face. “Will you ever know?”

“Harry finds another way to be the highlight of my day. I’ve taken pictures in my mind so I can save them for a rainy day. It’s hard to make a conversation when he’s taking my breath away….I should say: Hey by the way.”

Harry’s eyes were filling with unshed tears and his breathing was constricted. He knew the song and he knew what was coming.

The reality hit him like a branch from the Whomping Willow.

This wasn’t just some stupid song on a muggle radio. This was Ginny: beautiful, wonderful Ginny, speaking from her heart, words that, to her, were him in every essence.

This was why it was her favourite song-?-Because, to her, it was about him?

She couldn’t think this much of him. It wasn’t possible. He was a scrawny, awkward boy. To him, he wasn’t anything special. But Ginny….Ginny was looking at him as though he were the greatest man alive.

Her voice was faltering a little now and Harry felt a tear drop from his eye as they began to pour steadily from Ginny’s.

“If you and I are a story that never gets told; if what you are is a daydream I’ll never get to hold. At least you’ll know……

The smile had yet to break from Ginny’s face as the chorus fell from her lips.

“You’re beautiful every little piece love. Don’t you know, you’re really going to be someone? Ask anyone. And when you find everything you look for I hope your life leads you back to my front door. Oh, but if it don’t…..”


To hear the emotion in her voice, to see it in her eyes, Harry could feel his heart soaring. Knowing this remarkable, feisty, gorgeous girl in front of him thought so much of him seeped within his being a confidence he never dreamed possible.

From the pit of his stomach a new fire was burning. And it was Ginny. It was Ginny telling him he could do this, telling him that she knew he had it in him; that she believed in hm.

And it was the greatest feeling in the world. To know that someone like Ginny; someone so confident, so incredible, so elegantly beautiful as Ginny felt so impassioned about him.

She was smiling widely now, proudly even, the tears still falling from her eyes, shaking her head as though this were the most obvious thing in the world and Harry just stared at her, drinking in the sight of this girl who made him feel so alive, so incredible, so untouchable, so overwhelmingly loved.

And as the shrill train whistle sounded again, the mist hanging heavy over the station, the red head placed a chaste kiss on the raven haired boy’s cheek and whispered a final phrase in his ear:

“Stay beautiful.”





End



A/N: So, what did you think? Bloody awful, not bad, great??? Review and let me know. The song is Taylor Swift-Stay Beautiful; just in case you’re wondering.
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear