Search:

SIYE Time:8:32 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Lying There
By ginny_lola

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Ron Weasley
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 6
Summary: Ginny goes to see Ron while Harry is asleep after the very unfortunate Quidditch Match.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5815



Disclaimer: I don't own anything. Apart from a tub of mini oreos I'm eating while I'm writing this. i'm also not jo rowling. im just one of her many worshippers.



Author's Notes:
Just a short oneshot where Ginny goes to the hospital wing after Harry is a prat and lets McLaggen play. I hate McLaggen. I feel very odd.

xox




ChapterPrinter


I tentatively pushed open the door to the hospital wing and stepped inside. I looked around for Madam Pomfrey but there was no sign of her. The door swung shut behind me as I gave a sigh of relief. A red headed figure at the end of the row of beds turned round and grinned at the sight of me.

'Ginny! Hey!'

'Hey, Ron,' I called back gloomily, trudging over to his bed. I was in a bad mood. A Quidditch Match: lost, because of that git McLaggen. I didn't need to attend to him; Dean, Jimmy and the rest of Gryffindor House had already attended to him. But I had slapped Dean round the face after he joked about Harry falling off his broom. It really wasn't funny, it had looked horrible.

'Ginny?' asked Ron, smirking. I shook my head and sighed.

'Sorry. What were you saying?'

Ron's smirked spread further, but he didn't say anything. I resisted the urge to scowl at my poisoned git of a brother, so changed the subject.

'Where's Harry?' I asked. Ron jerked his head to the bed besides his. Harry was lying on it, bandages plastered to his head and a small trickle of dried blood peering out from the murky white. He looked peaceful; more peaceful than I'd ever seen him before. I tore my eyes away from him with great difficulty. I hated seeing him like this. But I suppose he'd been worse before.

'What did Madam Pomfrey say?' I asked, my voice quiet. Ron looked a lot better, there was actually colour in his face now and he wasn't in any pain any more.

'He's just got to stay in overnight. She went off in a rant just after she'd seen to him, saying how he couldn't spend a week without getting himself in trouble.'

I chuckled softly. 'That's him all right.'

There was a short silence between us as Harry lay still. He looked too silent, I didn't like it. Harry's eyes were one of the things that were so amazing about him. I missed them.

'Has he been awake at all?' I asked. Ron shook his head.

'No. Been unconscious since he came in. Coote and Peakes were coming in after him, yelling about killing McLaggen.'

'Don't worry, that's been sorted out,' I growled. Ron grinned and I could tell that he was secretly pleased.

'I could hear Luna's commentary from here,' he chuckled. 'Wish I could have been there.'

'Harry almost wasn't,' I said, remembering my fury at Harry as he'd sprinted into the changing rooms. Ron looked puzzled.

'He left here early enough.'

'Said something about Malfoy. I dunno what... I just kind of yelled at him and the match started.'

Ron sighed and threw his head back. 'He's getting too wound up in this Malfoy business. Oh god,' he added, biting his lip, his head flicking back up. 'Don't tell him I told you that. He'd bloody kill me.'

'Not in his state,' I said quietly. Harry's hand twitched to his forehead in his sleep and swept over his scar before coming to a rest on his chest.

'You liar,' he mumbled.

'What's he on about?' I asked. Ron shrugged.

'No idea. Always talking in his sleep, but that's the first time he's moved or spoken since he came in. He should be awake soon.'

I smiled and looked down at my hands in my lap. I was thinking about Harry far too much for my own good. But, I had spotted him staring at me oddly a few times lately...

'Lavender been to see you lately, Won-Won?' I asked, taking a seat in the chair between his and Harry's beds, trying to distract myself from the enticing subject of Harry Potter. To my surprise, Ron scowled.

'Yes. A bit. Come on, do we really have to talk about her?'

I raised my eyebrows but didn't say too much about the subject. Maybe my brother was finally going off dear Lavender.

'Going off her?'

'I - we - well - she - oh, I don't know, maybe!'

'I thought you were her Sweetheart?' I asked slyly. Ron's face was priceless. He threw a glare at an innocently unaware Harry and looked back at me.

'Did Harry tell you? He promised-'

'No, don't worry, he didn't tell me,' I said reassuringly.

'Then how do you know?'

'I have my ways,' I said, biting my lip to stop myself from laughing. What Ron didn't know was that I was the one who'd given Lavender the idea.

'Oh, OK then,' he said, looking up at the ceiling. He seemed to have dropped the subject.

'When are you coming out of here then?' I asked. Ron's face lit up suddenly.

'Tomorrow, with Harry.'

'Do mum and dad know?'

'Yeah, Madam Pomfrey wrote to them and told them.'

There was more silence in which I resumed staring at Harry's face. I couldn't resist. He just looked so... heavenly.

'Like what you see?' said Ron smugly. I blushed and looked away, but I knew he was joking. Hermione had been dropping hints about Harry lately, but I couldn't quite understand. Maybe only someone with the same level mind as Hermione could understand, and I doubted that there were only a handful of them in the world.

'I'd best get going,' I said, sighing. 'I've got a load of homework to do and it's all in for tomorrow. Just... make sure Harry knows that we don't blame him.'

Ron nodded, looking at his best friend sadly.

'OK. Is Hermione planning on coming?' he asked hopefully. I smiled at the enthusiasm in his voice as I stood up.

'No, sorry, Ron, she's already gone up to bed. I came straight from the match, so I guess she's now asleep.'

Ron couldn't hide the disappointment in his expression and looked up at the ceiling grumpily. I was going to have to talk to Fred and George about a plan to get them together, it had been too long. It was obvious to everyone but them.

'See you tomorrow then, Ron,' I said. I took one last look at Harry, trying to memorize every detail of his face until I could see him again tomorrow. I know I was with Dean, but I still hadn't given up on him. But there was no point. Harry was never going to notice me.

'Bye, Gin,' called Ron as I left the hospital. I looked back at the two - mainly Harry - and I smiled as Harry groaned in his sleep again.

'See you soon, Harry,' I whispered.
Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear