Search:

SIYE Time:4:02 on 19th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Wedding To Remember
By LIttleDarlin909

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/PM
Characters:All
Genres: Comedy, Fluff
Warnings: Mild Language
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 7
Summary: After years of heartache, heartbreak, and anticipation, Harry and Ginny finally make it official.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5718



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
I hope to one day have a wedding as lovely as this! As with my previous story, Thirteen Years, this is just a bit from a larger series. Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I've enjoyed writing it :)




ChapterPrinter


A Wedding To Remember

Harry and Ginny were well aware that many would question their decision to marry at Hogwarts on the anniversary of the Final Battle. They felt they owed it to themselves and to those they had lost to sanctify the day and place with love, to replace the sorrow and pain with happiness and joy. Not that they would ever forget what had happened there, or any of those who had died… No, they merely wanted to once again have happy associations with Hogwarts, and hoped others might as well. They also wanted to feel that those who had died there–Tonks, Remus, Fred, Dumbledore, and all the rest–were included in their special day. This place had seen the end of theirs and so many others’ lives, but today it would see the beginning of Harry and Ginny’s new life together.

* * *

Harry thought about how he had once imagined Ginny’s wedding day, not daring to dream that he’d be the faceless stranger standing next to her. And now here he was about to become her husband, and Harry was nervous. Not about the marrying Ginny part, but about all the eyes currently focused on him. No matter how many accolades he received or Dark Lords he vanquished, Harry could never get used to being the centre of attention. He looked at Ron and Neville standing to the right of him; they both offered reassuring smiles and nods. Ron also gave him a hearty pat on the back, though Harry reckoned this was meant more as an expression of “Ruin this day for my baby sister, Potter, and I’ll hex your bits!” than reassurance.

Harry scanned the small audience of friends and family, among them Hagrid (who was already dabbing his eyes on a curtain-sized handkerchief); Professor McGonagall (who was failing spectacularly at disguising her emotions, looking as though she were sucking on a lemon); George, accompanied by Angelina Johnson, who had drawn the shortest straw and so was sitting next to an agitated Auntie Muriel (though, Harry noted, he had made sure to seat the old bat on his side with the missing ear); and, in the last row, his cousin Dudley with–even more surprisingly–Aunt Petunia clinging to his arm.

Harry had not spoken to Vernon or Petunia Dursley since they had parted ways nearly five years ago. He thought that an invitation to his wedding would surely be regarded as an open act of arrogance and aggression, and so hadn’t bothered sending one. He had, however, remained in contact with Dudley (whose time living underground with wizards had only further improved his attitudes toward both magic and Harry) and had not hesitated to invite him and a guest to the ceremony. He never dreamt that guest would be Aunt Petunia. Perhaps time had mellowed her as well…

Harry was snapped from his musings as the music began and Kingsley Shacklebolt, bedecked in colourful ceremonial robes, took his place under the flowered arch next to Harry. The recently re-elected Minister of Magic said nothing, but offered Harry a wink. Soon after, four-year-old Teddy, whose hair was–much to his grandmother’s chagrin and to Harry’s delight–his favourite shade of turquoise, walked solemnly down the aisle, thrusting the little satin pillow holding Harry and Ginny’s wedding bands straight out in front of him. Trailing slightly behind him was two-year-old Victoire, a perfect miniature of her mother save for the Weasley red hair. The little girl had generously agreed to share her second birthday with the bride and groom on the condition that she be allowed to wear a sparkly tiara emblazoned with the words “Birthday Girl!” She giggled louder and louder with each rose petal she threw. Midway down the aisle, she spotted her family and promptly abandoned her basket and Flower Girl duties in favour of taking a running leap into her Grandmum Weasley’s arms. Harry swallowed his laugh, which became much more difficult after he caught a glimpse of Fleur looking positively mortified.

Luna was next down the aisle. She looked quite charming–yet still distinctly Luna-ish–in her soft green gown, her usually wild hair gleaming and held in place by a wreath of large dafodils. When she neared Harry, she paused and whispered, “I thought about wearing roses, but daffodils repel wrackspurts, so there shouldn’t be any distractions during the ceremony! Unless a blibbering humdinger flies through, or a billywig, or…”

“Er, right. Thanks Luna,” Harry broke in before the conversation turned inevitably to Crumple Horned Snorkacks. He looked up to see Hermione walking down the aisle looking lovelier than ever before. He hazarded a glance at Ron and was, for the second time during his wedding, forced to choke back laughter: Ron looked thoroughly punch-drunk, much as he had after devouring Romilda Vane’s love potion-spiked Cauldron Cakes many years before. As Hermione passed, Ron gasped, “’Mione… You… I mean… Merlin!” She blushed slightly and gave him a shy smile as she took her place next to Luna. It didn’t take years of Divination lessons for Harry to predict that another engagement was in the near future!

And then the music changed (Ginny had decided to walk down the aisle to The Beatles’ Here, There, and Everywhere; Harry had been shocked to discover that The Beatles were, in fact, a Wizard band. “Aww, you thought Muggles could come up with those kinds of sounds?” Ginny had smirked, patting his head one does a small child or puppy. “Silly Harry…”). The guests stood and Harry straightened up, feeling his heartbeat gathering speed in anticipation of… Ginny. Harry felt his breath and sense of hearing leave him. Holding onto a beaming Arthur’s arm, Ginny walked–no, floated down the aisle toward Harry, smiling that blazing smile that she reserved just for him. Swathed in floaty white, she looked like some sort of angelic vision. Her hair was loose and wavy, fluttering in the light breeze. The late afternoon sun intensified every coppery hue. She was his. He thought he might just burst from happiness.

The ceremony itself was largely a blur to Harry, he was so enraptured by the breathtaking splendour of his Ginny. Ron, miraculously, had the foresight to nudge him when it came time for the actual Bonding. When Kingsley asked, “Do you, Harry James Potter, take Ginevra Molly Weasley...” he mustered a soft, “I do.” Ginny, in turn, paused to choke back tears before laughingly blurting out, “You bet your broom I do!” Before Kingsley could give official permission that, “You may now kiss the bride,” Harry and Ginny launched themselves into a furious kiss that turned more than one Weasley earlobe bright red.

Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear