Search:

SIYE Time:2:37 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Unexpected Events
By forgottenmomeries

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:All, All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fluff, Romance
Warnings: Death, Extreme Language, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 11
Summary: Ginny Weasley has always dreamed of Harry Potter. Ever since she was a small child she has heard of him and fantasized about him like every other young witch her age. What if Cho asked Harry tot he Yule Ball though? The story uses mostly Ginny's POV - not first person, but with a few different ones when needed. The 'ships in the story are H/G R/Hr and R/T (possibly adding more), Also note that this story is rated R.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4340



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work. Although I wish I owned HP, it's not mine. :(



Author's Notes:
Well, welcome to my first story. I have had a friend pre-read this, though I would enjoy someone here to beta it if they would like. Note that the rating for most chapters will be PG or PG-13, as I intend to use some language.

allie




ChapterPrinter


Ginny sunk into her bed. She was a very tired 6 year old, but was patiently waiting for her father to come up to tell her her a bedtime story. Ginny's eyes fought her head as she blinked and stared wide-eyed at the wall in her room. Just as she was sure she was going to lose the fight, her father, Arthur, had passed through the door.

"Alright Gin, ready for your bedtime story?" he said as he smiled at his only daughter.

Ginny nodded enthusiastically. Her father sat down on her bed and thought for a moment before deciding on the right one. "Now, Gin, here's a real story that you will love."

"Is it that one about the boy who won the fight with the evil man?"

"Yes, yes it is," Arthur smiled, this one was her favorite. "There was a little boy who was even younger than you," he pointed his finger and carefully touched her nose as he spoke, "he was very special and gifted, his parents knew this and loved him very much. One night there was an evil man who came to their house though, and broke up the peace between the family. However, the little boy was so special and gifted, he already knew love. The little boy made the evil wizard leave forever, and peace and happiness was there forever."

"Daddy, you said this was true?" Ginny asked her father. Arthur nodded at his daughter. She may have been small and young, but she was very smart.

"The boy is now one year older than you now."

"That means we can get married!" Ginny exclaimed. Arthur nearly jumped off the bed when he heard his young child talking about her future like this. Ginny blushed, obviously knowing her dad wasn't expecting this comment.

"What was his name, daddy?"

"H-his name?" Arthur said slowly, still taking in the concept his little girl was growing up, "Oh, yes, his name is Harry Potter."

Ginny smiled for a moment at her father. She then let out a big yawn and felt her eyes drooping. Arthur kissed her daughter on the forehead goodnight and closed the door as he left the room.

----------------------- ----------------------


Mr. Weasley hurried down the stairs and into one of the chairs. He couldn't get over how he realised his little Ginny was growing up. She had talked about marrying someone, nonetheless, an actual real person who Arthur was pretty sure she would meet if Albus was correct about Harry going to Hogwarts. He sighed again, wondering where all this knowledge of growing up came from. Better talk to the twins... He thought. Weasley females were rare these days. With as many children as he and Molly had, they only managed to get one girl out of seven children.

Molly slowly walked into the room and patted Arthur on the shoulder lightly. "Long day, dear?"

"Yes. Work wasn't exactly enjoyable."

Mrs. Weasley sighed and sat down on an old chair next to Arthur. He decided to speak about what was really on his mind, since he didn't know why it was bothering him so much and that Molly would get it out of him sooner or later. "Have you noticed how they are all growing so fast? I mean, it feels like we'll just wake up tomorrow and Bill will be married to some beautiful witch with Percy being Minister of Magic. And Charlie! He'll have a nice job and will follow his dreams. The twins will someday be at Hogwarts - imagine them as prefects! Then there is Ron and Ginny..." his voice slowly trailed off as his wife got the picture of how he felt.

"Oh dear, it's part of life. If they stayed the same then life would not go as well and things would get boring. We need a bit of change in our lives to make it interesting."

Arthur sighed, taking Molly's hand soothingly and frowned, "I know... it's just Gin ... I told her that story about the Potter boy again."

Molly looked a little confused, "The battle shouldn't be too violent the way you put it, and with what the boys say around her ..."

"It's not that, dear. It's the fact she admires the Potter boy. Today she said she would marry him. I wasn't ready for her to say something like that, Molly," he looked down as he spoke, slowly admitting everything.

Molly looked into her husband's eyes and then said, "Arthur, she's growing up."

"That's the problem."

Molly nodded, understanding but not sure how to help him. She got up, "Let's go to sleep. When we're tired it always makes things worse than what we truly feel." Arthur smiled at her and followed after her into their bedroom.




"Mum! We're going to be late!" Percy yelled as he impatiently paced the living room.

"Ronald Weasley! Get down here with your things this instant!" a very unhappy Mrs. Weasley yelled.

As the twins entered the room Ginny watched her mum look at the clock. It was nearly ten minutes after they had wished to leave. "RONALD WEASLEY GET DOWN HERE NOW!"

A very messy looking Ron with several large cases of luggage quickly sprinted down the stairs, secretly hoping he wouldn't be under his mother's wrath. Ginny stood next to her mother, rolling her eyes at Ron's luggage. He managed to get it halfway closed with some clothing falling out of the open space.

"Alright dears, floo!" Molly impatiently ordered. Ginny watched each Weasley burst into flames until it was her turn and she to, burst into flames, coming out of a fireplace from the old wizard jeweler who happened to have a nice shop used by wizards to floo to station.

Her mother appeared in another set of flames and soon they were all carrying luggage to King's Cross. Ginny stopped as she approached the entrance to the platform. She then watched her brothers each push their carts in line, waiting for her mum to say her goodbyes. "Platform nine and three quarters this way!"

Just as Fred and George were about to go a boy a little older than herself came toward them. She stared at the boy who seemed to be accustom to muggle clothing and a mop of hair on his head. The boy also wore glasses. "H-he-hello."

"Hello dear, is this your first time?" Ginny's mother asked quickly, smiling sweetly at the small boy pushing the cart.

"Yes," the boy said nervously.

"That's great, it's Ron's first time at Hogwarts too. Alright, Fred and George will be going first to show you. You just have to walk straight into that wall. Helps sometimes if you get a running start. Off you go boys!" On command, the twins ran into the wall, disappearing through it.

Ginny was still staring at the boy. She then caught a glimpse of something on his forehead, underneath the mop of hair. "Is that a scar?" she asked, pointing at the boy's forehead.

"Ginny! Do not be rude!" Molly scowled as she slapped Ginny's hand out of the air so she wouldn't be pointing.

"Yes..." the boy said, even though Molly had obviously tried to stop the conversation from even starting.

"You're Harry Potter!" Ron shouted at once, his eyes wide with amazement.

Ginny at once froze, the girl was in complete shock. This was the boy she dreamed of every night before going to bed. This was the boy she vowed to marry someday... at least she thought about it very often.

"Alright! Go on before the Express leaves now, you two!" Molly said as she snapped everyone back to reality. Ron nodded, not wanting to be late on his first year. He went through the barrier. Soon after, a hesitant Harry Potter moved after him.

Ginny was still in shock, trying to realise what just happened. Again.

---------------------- --------------------------


T he next few months the image of Harry Potter stuck in Ginny's head. She was still completely amazed that she saw him. Seeing Harry Potter for her was like seeing that knight in armor that you have always dreamed of.

She drew pictures of the boy with moppish hair, glasses, and the lightning bolt scar. Ginny was absolutely in love with this boy. She had grown to more than admire the green eyes and muggle clothing that seemed a few sizes too large.

Ginny had also received mail from her brother. It described how good of friends Harry and he became after they spent some time in the compartment on the train. He also told her of how he, Harry, and Hermione (some witch he seemed to call a know-it-all way too much) were sorted into Gryffindor. Weasleys were known to be in that house, but the news that Harry was in there along with her brother (and next year her) made her very excited.

Christmas came, and Ginny thought about sending Harry a Christmas present. She gathered as much money as she could save up for her mother's occasional shopping run. Ginny ended up getting some chocolate frogs for Harry, saying they were for herself when her mother asked. She quickly wrapped the box, without putting a name on who it was from, and sent it along with the owls who would deliver their gifts to Hogwarts.

Ginny was more than proud of herself after doing this. She couldn't wait to go to Hogwarts next year.

After Christmas, Ginny recieved a letter from Ron.

Dear Gin,

Harry, Hermione, and I are doing great. We recently have been through a whole lot. There was this git of a Professor who actually had been working for You-Know-Who! He was trying to help him by getting this thing called the Philosopher's Stone. It was supposed to make someone live forever. I guess they were intending to use it on You-Know-Who because Harry said he saw him! Professor Dumbledore says his mate who created it and that it will be destroyed... he also thinks You-Know-Who is out there, trying to live again. I know mum says we're not supposed to mention him or anything but it was brilliant!

The twins are doing fine too. They said they will see you soon.

Ron




The year passed very quickly, and Ginny was very excited to hear more stories about Ron's adventures with Harry and the smart girl. The day finally came when the Hogwarts Express came back to King's Cross Station. She stood by her mother's side, grinning. It would be twenty more minutes until Ron and Harry would come off the train. She had insisted all morning for her mum and her to get there extra early. I f they were as good as friends as Rob described, Ron would introduce Harry to the family for sure.

As the train arrived and students started to come off of it, Ginny looked around. She searched for the mop of hair she remembered so well and a Weasley red-head or two. She scanned the crowd slowly and sure enough, she found her brother's red mess accompanied by a mop of black.

Ginny's heart raced as the two figures approached her mother and her.

"BOO!" George shouted as he shook Ginny's shoulder. She immediately jumped back, totally shocked.

"What was that for?" she asked, "Having a peaceful whole year without a brother in sight?"

"Yes! That is exactly what it is for," Fred answered.

As Ginny was continuing the little argument with her brother, the red-headed boy and the black haired boy approached.

"Hey mum! This is Harry!" Ron patted his friend on the shoulder. He grinned at his friend and Harry smiled back, obviously nervous.

"Hi. I think we met in the beginning of the year. I'm Harry, Harry Potter," he said as he extended a hand toward Mrs. Weasley who politely shook it.

"Hello dear, yes we did. I am Ron's mum. Please dear, call me Molly," she smiled and let go of Harry's hand, looking at Ginny, "This is my daughter, Ginny."

Harry moved his hand over to Ginny for him to shake. She looked at his hand, a bit shocked at first, but managed to shake it.

"Harry, where are you staying this summer?" Molly asked the boy.

"My Uncle's house... it's in a muggle area - they are muggles."

"Oh, you come over to visit when you can dear, perhaps they'll let you get connected to the floo network?" Molly suggested. Though, as soon as Harry heard of letting him do anything he had a look "not likely" look on his face.

"Time to go now, your father will want to see you lot," Mrs. Weasley looked at Harry again and added, "You have a good summer, we'll see you next year and the same time."

Molly waved to Harry as the group started to walk away from the boy. Ginny looked back once more at Harry, who seemed to catch her gaze. She swiftly moved her head the other way and looked down at her shoes, hoping her bright red cheeks would be covered up enough.




END NOTE:
I'd like to say that this chapter is mostly to set up the story. Trust me, it's going to get better.
Reviews 11
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear