Search:

SIYE Time:2:59 on 19th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


My Best Friend’s Little Sister
By sand

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Fluff, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 11
Summary: Harry while sitting in the common room, watches Ginny and wonders when did his best friend's little sister grow up.
Hitcount: Story Total: 8999



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Hello all. I've decided to take some time out and write a one-shot. I'll post the next chapter of my other fic 'That Longing For Your Love' very soon. Meanwhile, I hope you all enjoy this one. Please leave reviews.




ChapterPrinter


My Best Friend’s Little Sister


The fifth years were having a hard time studying for O.W.L.s. Harry remembered how it was for him last year as he watched Ginny while she studied, heavy books pooled out on the table in front of her. There were three or four heavy tomes, parchment and quills spread out all around her. He observed that she was feeling drowsy, but immediately shook her head to clear it and dabbed her eyes with a soft wet cloth to stop herself from falling asleep.

Harry’s heart immediately went out for her seeing her struggling so hard. He knew she was almost as good as Hermione at studies and there was no reason for him to worry. For all he knew, she might be just revising. She was having her potions exam next which was the last one left.

He also observed the firelight reflected in her hair, which made her already bright red hair even brighter. She was chewing on the end of her quill as her big bright brown eyes followed the words on the text laid out on her lap. With her other hand, she was twirling her hair around her finger. Harry sighed. She looked so beautiful like this. He didn’t think he had ever seen anyone as pretty as Ginny. She really was something.

Harry had started noticing Ginny as more than a friend just this summer holidays. He still remembered that day when he went to the Burrow this year.

*************

Harry was very happy to be able to leave his relatives house and spend time with his friends this summer. So, when Arthur Weasley came to pick him, he immediately packed his trunk and left with for the Burrow. He smiled when he saw the crooked house. The Burrow always felt like home for Harry, along with Hogwarts. He enjoyed every summer he had stayed here and everything about it, including Molly’s wonderful breakfast, Fred and George’s jokes, playing chess with Ron, and even degnoming the garden. And most important of all, the Burrow was always full of joy, love and affection that made it even more special.

“Harry, I’m sorry to leave you just outside, but I’ve an important business at the Ministry. See you at lunch,” Arthur clapped him on the shoulder.

“No problem, Mr. Weasley. See you later,” Harry said, and watched as Arthur Apparated to work.

Harry smiled and took his trunk. He opened the kitchen door and stepped inside. What greeted him immediately was the smell of brilliant cooking wafting his nostrils.

“Smells like treacle tart,” he said to no one in particular.

Molly Weasley turned at hearing the voice and saw Harry. She immediately abandoned the spoon she was holding and engulfed him in a bear hug.

“Harry, when did you get here? How are you? Let’s look at you,” she said as she pulled away from him and patted his cheeks. “You need fattening about, dear. Honestly, don’t those Muggles feed you? You’re a growing boy. You need to eat,” she said hurriedly, not giving him a chance to speak.

“I’m fine, Mrs. Weasley, although I could help myself with some treacle tart. It’s my favorite,” he smiled at the older woman.

“I know, dear. That’s why I prepared it,” she smiled. Harry blushed at this show of affection and couldn’t find the right words to thank the woman.

“Where is Ron, Mrs. Weasley?” Harry asked.

“Oh, he’s upstairs in his bedroom. Still sleeping I guess. The boy is so lazy sometimes,” Molly shook her head. “Just go there and put your trunk. Come back down soon so that you can eat. And, please, be a dear and wake him too, will you?” she asked.

“Sure,” Harry answered and took his trunk with him. He climbed the stairs two at a time to reach Ron’s bedroom and greet his best friend. But as soon as he reached the third floor landing, he ran into a small figure and felt the breath knocked out of his lungs with an ‘Oomph!’. His trunk fell out of his hands and tumbled down the stairs as he lost his balance. On instinct, he grabbed the waist of the person to stop himself from falling. He felt hot breath against his ear and looked down to see Ginny wrapped in a towel, which barely came up to her knees. Her wet hair fell around her shoulders and her eyes were closed as she was clinging to him. Harry’s eyes went wide and he gulped. He could feel heat rising through his body at her touch. After a minute, Ginny pulled away and looked at him.

“Harry! When did you get here? You gave me quite a fright there,” she exclaimed placing a hand over her heart. Her chest was rising and falling rapidly as she tried to control her breathing. Harry blushed and averted his eyes away from her chest and stared at her face instead.

“Sorry, didn’t see you there. I arrived just now,” he replied rubbing the back of his neck.

Ginny smiled and hugged him, completely unaware of the fact that she was scantily clad.

“Welcome home, Harry.”

Harry closed his eyes and felt something warm flutter in his stomach. He breathed in her scent, which was a combination of jasmine and strawberries. May be it was the smell of her shampoo. It felt so good. He could’ve stayed like this forever, but Ginny pulled away again and he was disappointed that the contact was broken.

Harry observed that a trail of water traveled down her body and got soaked by her towel. He blushed again furiously. Ginny followed his line of sight and her eyes went wide. Suddenly she realized she was wrapped only in a towel.

“Bye, Harry. See you later,” she squealed and practically ran to her room.

Harry kept waving his hand, even after she had gone, with a dazed expression on his face. Was this really his best friend’s little sister, who always squealed and hid herself whenever he was around? He would agree with the squealing part, but was not so sure about her being his best friend’s little sister.

When did she become so beautiful? he thought.

She was always gorgeous. It was you who did not notice her until this point, you prat. His other part of mind scolded his thick headedness.

Yeah, you’re right. She really is something wonderful. Her eyes; they are so bright and full of life. The red hair, wow! I say it’s wasted on her brothers, but it looks so beautiful on her. And her lips, they’re so full. I wonder what they might feel like against mine, he mused.

****************

Now, sitting in the common room, Harry looked at those lovely red lips. Ginny unconsciously ran her tongue along her upper lip as she tried to grasp the meaning of something in the book. He groaned seeing the gesture. Really, what is that girl thinking doing that? She is driving me mental!

Ron and Hermione stopped their game of chess and looked at Harry on hearing his groan. They followed his line of vision. Hermione smiled while Ron snickered. Harry glared balefully at them both.

Ron shook his head. “Why don’t you ask her out, mate, instead of mooning over her?”

Harry crossed his arms over his chest. “I’m not mooning over your sister, Ron,” he replied defiantly but quietly so that the girl in question couldn’t hear.

“Ah, gotcha! Who said anything about my sister, Harry?” Ron looked triumphant.

Harry bit his tongue and mentally kicked himself. Who was he fooling?

“Shut up, Ron,” he hissed.

“Leave him be, Ron. He’ll tell her when he gets enough courage,” Hermione reasoned.

Ron shrugged and went back to his game.

Harry kept watching her for what seemed like hours. Suddenly, Ginny lifted her head from her book and looked at him directly. Harry’s heart skipped a beat. She smiled at him and waved the seat next to hers.

Oh no, she has caught me staring at her shamelessly. Now she’ll demand to know why I was looking at her like that.

Harry got up and made his way over to Ginny. He sat down beside her, careful to maintain a good distance between them. She opened her mouth to say something, but Harry beat her to it.

“O.W.L.s taking a toll on you, aren’t they?” he asked abruptly.

Ginny sighed. “I don’t know why I study so much. You would think that there is a bloke made for me out there who has already finished his O.W.L exams. There is no point for both of us to work so hard. It’s completely useless. But mum insists that I study hard, get a good number of O.W.L.s and finish school since the twins have disappointed her.”

Harry knew she was joking, but something she said made him think. I already got my O.W.L.s. May be I’m that bloke she’s talking about? Nah! There’s not a chance in the world for that to happen if I don’t tell her how I feel about her. He simply smiled at her.

“What were you doing anyway?” Ginny asked.

Oh no, here it comes.

“I…um…I just went flying and came back. I was just… you know, relaxing,” he blurted out.

Ginny raised her eyebrows but didn’t say anything. She went back to her studying.

Hours passed and almost everyone left the common room. Ron, Hermione, Harry and Ginny were the only ones left. After a while, Ron and Hermione too got up to leave.

“Goodnight, Gin. Harry, you coming?” asked Ron.

“Um…no. I’ll come later. You both go on,” Harry said.

Hermione smiled knowingly. “Alright then, see you in the morning. Night, Ginny, Harry.” Ginny just waved without lifting her head from the book. Hermione took Ron’s hand and led him upstairs after mouthing good luck to Harry.

Harry fidgeted with his hands and breathed in her flowery scent. It was now or never.

Pluck up the courage and just tell her. You’re a Gryffindor after all.

But she’s concentrating only on her studies. This is not a good time.

Tomorrow is her last exam. Then she’ll spend time with her friends. You won’t get to see her much then. Now is as good a time as any. Come on man, tell her.

“Ginny…” he started. But upon hearing no acknowledgement from her, he turned to look at the red head. She was sleeping peacefully, her head almost falling on his shoulder. Her book lay forgotten on her lap. Harry sighed.

Missed your chance today, Potter. Harry took the book from her lap and set it on the table. He got up, careful not to wake her up. He shifted her slowly so that she was lying on the couch instead of sleeping in a sitting position. He conjured a duvet and covered her with it.

Harry then sat on the floor looking at her serene face for almost ten minutes. Her lips were parted and she had a smile on her face, as if she was having a pleasant dream. He lowered his head and kissed her forehead.

“I love you, Ginny,” he muttered quietly.

“Then why didn’t you tell me till now?” came the reply. Harry froze.

“Ginny…I…weren’t you sleeping?” he asked, shocked.

Ginny opened her eyes. “I was… but I felt something tingly on my forehead and woke up.”

“Okay…erm…see you then. Goodnight,” Harry tried to get up to his feet but, Ginny’s hand on his arm stopped him.

“Don’t avoid the question, Harry,” she said sternly. “Since when?” she asked.

Harry sighed and settled himself on the floor. “Since the day I ran into you last summer.”

Ginny furrowed her brow trying to remember. Then she blushed. “I was wearing only a towel, right?”

Harry shifted uncomfortably. “Yeah.” He couldn’t believe he was having this conversation today.

“Which means it’s been almost a year,” she said thoughtfully.

“Yes.” He turned his face away from her in embarrassment.

Ginny took his chin in her hand and made him face her. “Why didn’t you tell me, Harry?”

He closed his eyes. “I…I just don’t know the reason, Gin. But I really like you. You’re beautiful, smart, good at Quidditch and funny. You’re everything I want in a girl...”

“And I’m completely yours,” Ginny finished.

Harry opened his eyes and green eyes locked with brilliant chocolate brown ones. “What did you say?”

Ginny looked at him shyly. “I’ve loved you for a long time, Harry. But I thought you always saw me as Ron’s little sister.”

Harry took Ginny’s face in his hands. “You’re not only my best friend’s sister. You’re always special. You’re independent, smart and funny. I was the one who was too thick to notice you until now. But I won’t waste any more time. I love you, Ginny,” he lowered his head and captured her lips with his. This was so perfect. He felt like he was floating. Her lips were so soft and sweet. Harry opened his mouth and traced her bottom lip with his tongue. Ginny willingly allowed entrance. Both lost themselves in their kisses. When they were out of air, Harry and Ginny broke apart. Harry looked at her half lidded eyes and his heart swelled. He traced his finger along her jaw line.

“Merlin, you’re so beautiful, Gin,” he murmured and lowered his head once again. But this time he didn’t kiss her mouth. His lips traced her neck and further down the collar of her shirt. Ginny closed her eyes and moaned in pleasure. She slipped her hand inside his shirt and started caressing his soft skin. She bit her lip when his lips kissed the valley of her breast. He was driving her insane. If she didn’t stop him, they would both embarrass themselves.

“Harry, please stop,” she muttered halfheartedly, running her fingers through his hair. Harry stopped abruptly and pulled away.

“Sorry, I got carried away,” he ran his hand at the back of his neck which always made her heart flutter. He was so cute when embarrassed.

“It’s okay, love. I think we’ll have time for that later in the future. For now I’ve a big exam tomorrow. And if I don’t get my sleep, I’ll wake up late and miss the test,” Ginny got up and adjusted her dress.

“Yeah, you’re right. What time is your exam?” he asked.

“In the morning I’ve the theory exam and after that, practical. I’ll be free after five o’clock and then we can spend ample time together by the lake,” she winked.

“That would be nice,” Harry smiled. Then he remembered something. “Are you sure you’re prepared? You fell asleep while studying,” he asked concerned.

“I was just revising. I’m as prepared as I can be. Besides, you got up your O.W.L.s, right?” Ginny stared at him with big puppy dog eyes.

Harry laughed, “Yes, be right assured of that,” he said and got up. He picked her books and put them in her bag. He walked her to the bottom of the stairs.

Harry wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him. “Sleep well, Gin,” he placed a soft gentle kiss on her lips. Ginny wrapped her arms around his neck and deepened the kiss. “Hmm…I could get used to this,” she sighed against his mouth. “Sleep tight, Harry, and dream about me,” she pulled away from him and laid her forehead against his.

“You’ve been in my dreams on a daily basis for almost a year, Gin. Wouldn’t dare dreaming of anyone else,” Harry grinned.

Ginny smiled. “Good.”

Harry handed the bag to her which lay forgotten on the floor while they were kissing. “Goodnight, Ginny.”

“Goodnight, Harry. And don’t forget. Five O’clock near the lake,” she kissed his cheek one last time and climbed the stairs.

“Wouldn’t miss it,” Harry said as he watched her go. Standing near the stairs, he was sure of two things. One, Ginny Weasley was not just his best friend’s little sister anymore, and two; he was madly in love with her.

************************
A/N:: Please read and review. And watch out for the new chapter of 'That Longing For Your Love' that will be posted very soon.
Reviews 11
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear