Search:

SIYE Time:17:11 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Finding Us
By Kezzabear

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: General
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 377
Summary: Ginny Weasley did not bring her wand anywhere anymore. There wasn’t any point ... Harry Potter didn’t really live anywhere. He hadn’t really lived since Ginny Weasley walked out of his life.
Hitcount: Story Total: 118175; Chapter Total: 9494
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


There were a lot of things that Ginny had never known about Harry Potter. And that surprised her because she’d studied him more than her books when they’d been at Hogwarts. She never knew he tapped his quill twice after he signed his name. (Of course she’d never seen him sign anything before.) She never knew he liked watching television. (Of course she never knew how to turn the silly thing on before.) She never knew he was able to change a light globe. (Of course she never knew that switching the light back on while he was still on the ladder would make him fall off the ladder.) She never knew he could work the buttons on a washing machine to make the clothes come out clean. (Of course she never knew there was a lint filter.) She never knew he could cook.

Of course she never knew he liked bacon and eggs almost as much as treacle tart.

There were also a lot of things that Ginny didn’t know about herself. And that didn’t surprise her too much because she’d been hiding from herself and the world for years. She didn’t know she was comfortable with ballpoint pens. (Of course she didn’t know they didn’t leave ink stains on your fingers.) She didn’t know she liked going to the cinema. (Of course she didn’t know how good popcorn and fizzy tasted.) She didn’t know she liked ironing. (Of course she didn’t realise she had to plug the iron in before.) She didn’t know grocery shopping was fun when you knew what all the little packets were. (Of course she didn’t know which little packets were the sweets.) She didn’t know she loved holding Harry’s hand more than all the treacle tart and bacon and eggs and sweets put together.

Of course she liked kissing too.

Probably more than holding his hand. They did that a lot in the days after she kissed him on her mother’s porch. Harry came to her little cottage the next day with a potted plant and a box of band-aids. He held her hand carefully as they walked down the street to the doctor. He held her hand tightly as Ginny screwed up her face and turned away from the doctor. He held her hand next to his lips and kissed her knuckles softly as the doctor pulled the stitches out and covered the pink flesh with a band-aid. He held her injured hand gently in his own as the doctor explained she should change the band-aid regularly for a few days until it was fully healed. And he held her hand and squeezed tightly as he paid the doctor’s bill. As if he knew she would protest.

Which she would have done if holding Harry’s hand didn’t make her completely insensible.

Harry came every day after that. He waited for her after work and walked her home. And then he cooked her tea. And sometimes they would watch television. Or play Muggle chess. Or go to the cinema. Or go for a walk. Harry changed her band-aid everyday and he only blushed a little bit when Ginny reminded him she worked in a pharmacy and she already had band-aids.

She didn’t tell him she could change it herself.

Because she liked the way his fingers caressed her palm. And the way he pressed a soft kiss to each finger tip. And the way he held her hand for a long time afterwards. She liked the way he let her snuggle up to his side as they sat on the couch. She liked the way his fingers drew circles on her thigh while they watched television. And she liked the way he would run his fingers through her hair as he kissed her goodnight.

“Why did you dye your hair blonde?” Harry asked.

He looked sad as he watched the strands weave through his fingers.

“It hurt to be me,” Ginny replied.

But she stopped dying her hair after that.

He came straight from work looking like Albert one day.

“Why do you use Ron’s hair?” Ginny asked.

She looked sad as she ran her eyes over his unfamiliar features.

“It hurts less to be someone else,” Harry replied.

But he stopped coming straight from work. Or at least he changed first. Because maybe he had seen her cringe when he’d used his wand to remove the charms. She tried not to but it happened anyway. She missed her magic. She was jealous. And sad. And scared to go home. Harry stopped using his magic at her house.

And Ginny felt like she was taking his magic away too.

They only went to The Burrow on Sunday for lunch. They used one of George’s Portkeys. Never Apparition. They helped her mother chop the vegetables. Without magic. They never played chess at The Burrow. And Harry never played Quidditch with her brothers. And he always helped her mother clear the table by hand. And he never wore robes.

And Ginny wondered how long he would stay.

*******************

There were a lot of things that Harry had never known about Ginny Weasley. And that didn’t surprise him because she’d been gone for a while. He never knew she chewed her fingernails. (Of course she probably didn’t before.) He never knew she was practically scared of the television. (Of course she was watching the static on channel sixty-three because she didn’t know how to change the channels — or turn the volume down.) He never knew she was confident enough with Muggle money to catch a bus. (Of course she worked with money every day so that should not have surprised him at all.) He never knew she could beat him at ten-pin bowling. (Of course he’d never been bowling before and she’d been twice with Kenny Sutcliffe.) He never knew she had never had jelly babies before.

Of course he never knew she had a sweet tooth.

There were also a lot of things that Harry didn’t know about himself. And that surprised him because he thought he’d spent enough time with himself the last few years that he should know himself very well. He didn’t know he liked home-made pizza. (Of course that might be because he made it with Ginny and she hated pepperoni as much as he did.) He didn’t know he enjoyed washing the dishes. (Of course he used to get in trouble for dropping bubbles, not delightful giggles when he threw them around the kitchen.) He didn’t know he knew how to fix a vacuum cleaner. (Of course Aunt Petunia had never sucked up owl droppings with it.) He didn’t know he loved running his hands through Ginny’s hair. (Of course he’d always loved her hair so it wasn’t a surprise, not really.) He didn’t know he loved Ginny more than all the treacle tart and bacon and eggs and sweets put together.

Of course he’d had an idea.

But it was nothing compared to having her. They spent hours every day at Ginny’s house. It had three blown light bulbs, a rusty doorknob and a rattling windowpane. She didn’t know how to work her microwave and she had frost all over her freezer. Harry noticed that she flinched whenever he started to do something with magic. So Harry fixed everything the Muggle way. He made popcorn in the microwave and showed her how to change the channels on the television. He chipped the ice away from the freezer walls and bought mould remover for the shower. She jumped when the popcorn began popping. She giggled at all the silly commercials. And she slipped the ice down the back of Harry’s shirt. As if she knew he would squeal like a girl.

Which was totally worth it because it made her laugh.

Harry wanted to see Ginny every day. He didn’t care that she lived like a Muggle. That was something he could do with his eyes shut. And he didn’t mind doing it for her. It was a few weeks before anyone noticed he never did magic around Ginny. And they didn’t ask him about it. At first. Although Ron did raise his eyebrow when Harry cleaned up spilled pumpkin juice with a cloth. And George looked at him sideways when he didn’t stun the Garden Gnomes before throwing them. And Hermione finally dragged him behind the chicken coop and demanded to know what was going on.

He didn’t tell her it was because of Ginny.

But he thought Hermione might know that anyway. She made him prove he had his wand. And made him cast a levitation spell on the chickens. Harry wondered if she thought he’d lost his magic like Ginny. And he didn’t know how to tell her he didn’t want to hurt Ginny. Didn’t want to see her flinch. Didn’t want to make her sad. Didn’t want to see her cringe. Didn’t want to make her cry.

“Why have you stopped doing magic?” Hermione asked.

She looked sad as she watched him twirl his wand in his fingers.

“It hurts her,” Harry replied.

Hermione stopped asking awkward questions after that.

Harry went back inside and found Ginny sitting in her old room.

“Why don’t you use magic anymore?” Ginny asked.

She looked sad as she twirled her own wand in her hand.

“It hurts you less,” Harry replied.

But she stopped flinching. Or at least she hid it better. And she asked him to bring her pumpkin juice. And Chocolate Frogs. And a packet of Canary Creams to feed to little Bobby Nailor. And she wanted to go to Diagon Alley instead of the cinema. And she had her fireplace connected to the Floo. And Harry started using his magic at her house.

And Ginny seemed a little bit more whole.

But they never went to watch Quidditch. They never talked about Quidditch. Only football. They never read Quidditch Quarterly. Only The Daily Prophet. They never went flying. Even though Harry wanted so badly to take her. And they always avoided Quality Quidditch Supplies. And she never wore robes.

And Harry wondered how long she would stay.
Reviews 377
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear