Search:

SIYE Time:23:12 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Finding Us
By Kezzabear

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: General
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 377
Summary: Ginny Weasley did not bring her wand anywhere anymore. There wasn’t any point ... Harry Potter didn’t really live anywhere. He hadn’t really lived since Ginny Weasley walked out of his life.
Hitcount: Story Total: 118380; Chapter Total: 8664
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Sorry for the delay. Christmas ate me! :P

That's my excuse and I am sticking to it!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Working in the pharmacy wasn’t what Ginny wanted to do with the rest of her life. She wasn’t sure what she wanted to do with the rest of her life. But advising Mrs Walcott on her bunions and inspecting Mr Alderton’s ulcer wasn’t what she wanted to do. Nor was dragging Ron away from the restricted section. Of course the Muggles didn’t call it that. But Ginny didn’t know what else to call a section devoted to … prophylactics.

And haemorrhoid suppositories.

Harry thought Ginny could be a reporter. Ginny thought Harry was a little barmy. Ron thought Harry had a point. Hermione thought there was no reason Ginny couldn’t. George thought Ginny should move the … prevention display to a more prominent location and pair it with the perfumes.

“Symbiotic selling,” George said.

“English, please,” said Ron.

It was the first time anyone but Harry and her parents had visited Ginny in the little village in the middle of nowhere. They even caught the bus. The regular bone-jolting bus from the train station. Not the Knight Bus. Ginny wasn’t sure it had been such a good idea. Spotty Rob had seen George levitate the hand wash when he’d come in for … protection. And Sally Poole had nearly been Obliviated in the cover up. As it was she couldn’t seem to remember she’d been leaving with Spotty Rob and his … products.

It’s possible Ron did Sally a favour.

Ginny sighed. She was no closer to discovering why her magic had gone. (Although she was closer to strangling George with her bare hands.) She was no closer to being comfortable at The Burrow. (Although she was closer to moving in with Harry completely.) She was no closer to figuring out what she wanted to do with her life. (Although she was closer to nailing Little Bobby Nailor to her gate post.) She was closer to feeling alive again. (Although she was no closer to feeling whole again.)

There was still a part missing.

Harry smiled at her tentatively and Ginny smiled back. She didn’t want him to think she didn’t appreciate the visit. Because she did. It was easier to see people here. In her world. Except for the fact she had to constantly drag her brothers away from the Star Wars bubble bath. And listen to Hermione plan … things. It was a relief when Harry dragged them out and back to her cottage.

“We’ll wait for you to finish work,” Harry said.

Ginny watched them walk down the street. She missed them. She missed Hermione lecturing Ron about his behaviour in public. (And the way Ron made her stop with a kiss under a lamp post.) She missed the way George left Wheezes in everyone’s pockets. (And made kissy faces at Ron and Hermione whenever they locked lips.) She missed the way Harry laughed so freely with Ron and Hermione. (And plotted with George to leave a sticking charm on Ron’s hands.) She just never got to really be part of that anymore. It was still funny to see Ron yell when he couldn’t move his hand from Hermione’s bum.

And her left boob.

Ginny chuckled and went back to dusting the Barbie shaped bubble bath and the rubber ducks. She thought about bringing one for her dad. She thought about how to avoid the way her mum looked at her when she couldn’t do simple magic. She thought about how embarrassing it was when she couldn’t unlock the toilet door at The Burrow because the lock was magical and kept getting stuck. She thought about the way she would hide in the orchard when it all got too much. She thought about how she didn’t know how long she could try being part of the magical world.

She thought about how she couldn’t bear to leave Harry.

She was still thinking a lot as she walked home after work. It had all seemed so simple. Live. Love. Be with Harry. But he was part of a world she wasn’t.

Not anymore.

******************

Watchi ng Ginny’s sad eyes wasn’t something Harry wanted to spend the rest of his life doing. He wasn’t sure exactly how he was going to avoid it. But he knew that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. And he wondered if that meant marriage. Because that’s what people did, didn’t they? Harry didn’t know how else he was supposed to keep her with him … always.

And forever.

George thought Harry should propose. Harry thought George was a little barmy. Ron thought George had a point. Hermione had no idea the three of them discussed Harry marrying Ginny. Harry thought it wise not to tell her because somehow he knew she’d disapprove of their conversations.

“It makes sense,” George said.

“Just do it,” said Ron.

It was the first time Harry had brought them to visit Ginny in the little village beyond the end of the train line. They even went the Muggle way. Which was a step up from the Knight Bus. Ron only threw up once. Harry wasn’t sure it had been such a good idea. George wandered around the cottage charming things to scream. And Ron nearly locked himself in the toilet when he spelled the Muggle lock and it got stuck. As it was Harry was terribly confused about marriage.

It didn’t seem right.

Harry sighed. He was no closer to figuring out how to make Ginny happy. (Although he was closer to hexing George for charming the kettle.) He was no closer to knowing if marriage was the right thing. (Although he was closer to moving in with Ginny completely.) He was no closer to figuring out how to get Ginny’s magic back. (Although he was closer to trapping Little Bobby Nailor near the gate post.) He was closer to feeling whole again. (Although he was no closer to feeling settled again.)

There was still a part missing.

Harry smiled as Ginny approached the gate. Little Bobby Nailor trailed behind her and George and Ron smirked. Because they’d charmed the puddle. It was easier to see Ginny here. In her world. Except for the fact that Little Bobby Nailor was a brat. And was getting what was coming to him. It was sweet victory to see him stuck in the puddle … sinking.

“You completely roasted him,” Ginny said.

Harry watched Ginny high-five her brothers. He missed this. He missed seeing the Weasleys together and laughing. (And the way Hermione frowned at them.) He missed the way Ginny could wind them all around her little finger with one smile. (And made them cry with pain and Bat-Bogeys.) He missed the way she mucked about with Ron. (And plotted with George to turn him into random animals.) She just never got to really be part of that anymore. It was still funny to see Ron squawk when he turned into a tropical parrot.

And sit on Hermione’s shoulder.

Harry chuckled and went back to thinking about marriage. He thought about asking her dad. He thought about what her mum would say. He thought about how embarrassing it would be when Mrs Weasely cried all over them both. He thought about how it wouldn’t really solve anything. He thought about how she would just get trapped the magical world.

He thought about how he couldn’t bear to leave her.

He was still thinking a lot as they said goodbye to the others. It had all seemed so simple. Live. Love. Marry. But he was still part of a world she wasn’t.

Not anymore.
Reviews 377
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear