Search:

SIYE Time:2:29 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Finding Us
By Kezzabear

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: General
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 377
Summary: Ginny Weasley did not bring her wand anywhere anymore. There wasn’t any point ... Harry Potter didn’t really live anywhere. He hadn’t really lived since Ginny Weasley walked out of his life.
Hitcount: Story Total: 118381; Chapter Total: 9381
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
The End :)




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


In the five years since her magic had found her again, Ginny Weasley had not used a glamour charm once. She frowned as she peered in the mirror, letting the large powder brush dangle useless between her fingers, dropping tiny pinpoints of powder across the top of her mother’s best doilies.

Of course if she actually wanted a glamour charm she could do it, but she wanted to wear Muggle make-up today.

Ginny sighed heavily as she eyed the disgustingly lacy doilies lined up in a neat, orderly row across the top of the dressing table. White, lacy doilies, she decided were the stupidest household decoration ever. There was dust all over them and several splotches of something unidentifiable splattered across three at the right. She groaned as she realised that her mother had put out several vials of evil smelling beauty goop and hair care potions. It smelled like the back corner of Madam Pomfrey’s hospital wing in this corner of her mother’s bedroom and Ginny didn’t know how she’d get out of using these concoctions without earning a disapproving frown.

What she wouldn’t give for solitude right now.

She could dump it or vanish it if she was alone. Then she could use her own make-up (just like used every day) and she wouldn’t have to worry about upsetting her mother (just like she did every time she still did something the Muggle way).

But Ginny Weasley was not going to be alone today. There was no way. She didn’t think she wanted to be anyway. She knew it would hurt her mother incredibly if she banished her. And Hermione would frown and look at her sadly. And the last thing Ginny wanted was for anyone to frown and look sad. There had been entirely too much frowning and looking sad.

And no one needed to do that anymore.

The warmth and laughter that surrounded her daily was as healing as anything magical. Levitating Ron every time he visited never got old (and he didn’t mind that she did it) and sticking George to the chair was funnier every time she did it (and sometimes dangerous). Ginny had learnt that she’d missed so much by cutting herself off from her family. She also learnt that once her magic returned everybody who didn’t care before suddenly cared and they started calling … or coming around … or talking to you on the street.

You would have thought going out with Harry Potter meant something.

But it didn’t. Knowing that Ginny Weasley was attached didn’t stop young wizards from showing an interest. Knowing that Harry Potter was a powerful wizard didn’t stop the young wizards from turning up unannounced. Or serenading underneath her window. Or asking her on a date. Or proposing marriage.

Some days Ginny Weasley felt particularly annoyed.

Like the day she had to Bat Bogey Frank Wallmeyer and the spell hit Bill … and Charlie … and her mother who had been standing in the doorway. Or the time she got locked in the pantry because Everard Twigfitler had arrived as she was helping her mother with dinner and Percy’s dimwitted girlfriend tried to help and accidentally sealed the door instead of casting a Repelling Charm and Bill had to come and undo the mess George and Ron made trying to get her out.

And by the time she got out she was desperate for the loo and Everard Twigfitler was teaching her mother how to make lacy doilies.

There was a time when Ginny could walk down the street without anyone batting an eyelid. When she could slip unnoticed down Diagon Alley and through The Leaky Cauldron to Muggle London without turning a single head. Or shop for clothes and jewellery without dodging six reporters, five autograph hunters, an old woman with advice and Nigel Mumford. Not that Nigel did anything.

But he was really creepy.

Ginny got used to it after a while. Harry would go after them, but it didn’t do any good. It wasn’t like even Harry could stop the gossip. Or stop everyone staring at them. Or make The Daily Prophet stop printing lies. He’d helped her move back to The Burrow though and Ginny managed to convince Old Healer Brightgood in the little apothecary at the end of Diagon Alley that she could help him out. Some days Ginny was so light-hearted she practically floated (as long as she ignored Nigel Mumford when he lingered outside the shop) and Harry was always smiling now too (which made her mother positively ecstatic). But mostly she was completely besotted — utterly in love and totally head over heels.

In Love.

*******************

In the seven hours since he’d seen Ginny Weasley, Harry Potter had not been able to sleep a minute. He frowned as he peered in the mirror, buttoning his shirt and trying to do up his tie, making a complete and utter mess of it.

Of course if he actually wanted to make the tie neat he could do it, but he was trying to fill in time.

Harry sighed heavily as his fingers involuntarily tied a perfect knot, done up in a neat, orderly bow at his neck. Bow ties, he decided critically were the stupidest looking tie ever. And he went searching in his wardrobe for a better one. He groaned as he realised that any tie in his wardrobe probably wouldn’t look right. It looked like a tangled jungle of paisley and plaid in this corner of his wardrobe and Harry didn’t think he’d get away with wearing one of them without earning a disapproving frown.

What he wouldn’t give for a plain black tie right now.

He could wear a plain black tie. Then he would look sensible (just like he did every other day) and he wouldn’t have to worry about upsetting Molly Weasley (just like he did every time he suggested something).

But Harry Potter was not going to wear a plain black tie today. There was no way. He didn’t think he wanted to anyway. He knew it was important to Ginny. He didn’t want to upset her. And the last thing Harry wanted was for anyone to frown and look sad. There had been entirely too much frowning and looking sad.

And no one needed to do that anymore.

There was nothing to be sad about anymore. Harry and Ginny were blissfully happy (and Ron wouldn’t stop going on about it) and Ginny was getting on wonderfully with her magic (and hexing George regularly). They spent so much time with her family, his family. They remembered how much they missed their family and they started calling … or going around … or talking to them on the Floo.

You would have thought Ginny never moved out.

But she had. It was hard for Molly at first but she knew it was right for Ginny. It was hard for Harry at first because he wasn’t used to living with anyone anymore. Or cleaning up after himself. Or coming home to someone. Or waking up with someone.

Some days Harry Potter felt particularly happy.

Like the day he had come home to see Ginny making a cake and she’d dropped the bowl and batter had splattered on the table … and the floor … and Neville’s pot plant in the corner. Or the day he had taken Ginny to the little village twenty miles from nowhere and given her his mother’s ring under the lamplight near her old cottage with one knee in the puddle and Little Bobby Nailor splashing her stockings as he rode past.

And by the time they stopped laughing and Ginny said yes the ring fell in the puddle and they had to fish it out.

There was a time when Harry would walk through his apartment in the dark without caring. When he didn’t notice that lights were out or the plant in the corner was dying. Or that he hadn’t cleaned the kitchen in days or that the bathroom smelled a bit musty. Not that Harry did that anymore.

Because he didn’t feel that way anymore.

He felt like he was on top of the world. He gave his bow tie one last grimace and then smiled at his reflection. No one would be staring at his neck. Or even at him at all. No one would be looking at anyone but Ginny, including him. He left his bedroom wearing his new dress robes and a grin (ignoring Ron who smirked at him knowingly) and Hermione straightened his tie for him (even though it didn’t need straightening). Because Harry was completely besotted — utterly in love and totally head over heels.

And Getting Married.
Reviews 377
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear