Search:

SIYE Time:23:47 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Remember
By potterfan2008

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 410
Summary: The summer after the Chamber of Secrets was hard on everyone. How come no one can remember what happened? Prior to starting his seventh year at Hogwarts, Harry realizes he is missing some memories from his second year. Together with Remus Lupin, Harry sets out to discover what happened. He hopes to find out about that pretty red head he has been dreaming about as well.
Hitcount: Story Total: 353190; Chapter Total: 12837
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Hermione Granger was troubled. After Tonks’s visit, Hermione tried to discover what had happened to her during her second year. Hermione ‘found’ her memories of her second year, after several bad headaches. It felt as though her memories had been wrapped in tissue and she had to rip through the wrapping before she could see them clearly. Now that she had her memories back, she was appalled that Ginny had not returned to Hogwarts. She had spent time with Ginny over the past several years and had not remembered her at all. Ginny had not seemed to remember Hermione either. Who could have done this?

Hermione threw herself into research and learned that she had most likely had a distraction or memory charm placed on her. She tried to reason out why anyone would have done such a thing and the only rationale she could come up with was someone did not want anyone to know about the Chamber of Secrets.

“Hermione.”

Hermione turned to see her mother in the doorway. “Yes, Mum.”

“I’m headed off to work, what are your plans for today, dear?” Mrs. Granger asked.

“I’m not sure,” Hermione replied, “I have some things I want to look into.”

Before Mrs. Granger left, Hermione called out, “Mum, do you remember when I was sick during my second year?”

Mrs. Granger’s brow furrowed as she tried to recall the details. “I remember that you were sick, you missed almost two weeks of classes as I recall. I don’t remember quite what was wrong with you. Why do you ask?”

“Oh, someone was talking about it the other day — apparently there were several students ill at the same time,” Hermione replied.

“Sorry, I don’t know anything else, have a nice day, dear.”

Hermione watched her mother leave. Prior to Tonks’s visit she was enjoying the summer holiday with her parents. Over the past several summers she had spent a lot of time with Ron and Harry, but this year she had gone on holiday to Spain with her parents. They had returned to England last week and she was enjoying spending time at her parents’ house.

The past school year had been hard for Hermione, not academically, but emotionally. Just when she thought that she and Ron would finally get together, he suddenly started snogging Lavender Brown all over the place. Hermione had ended up spending a lot of time either by herself or with Harry. She smiled as she thought of Harry. He was more like a brother to her than a best friend. He had briefly dated Susan Bones at the beginning of their 6th year, but when Susan complained that he spent more time with Hermione than he did with Susan; Harry broke up with her. He had always been there for her and as she had told Tonks she still felt badly that she didn’t believe Harry about Malfoy.

The Death Eater’s attack on Hogwarts had shaken Hermione deeply. Not only had she had to fight for her life, one of her best friends was forced to take the lives of one of their classmates and a professor. Hermione had always tried to respect Professor Snape because he was a professor, even if he was unfair to Harry. Looking back, she felt rather uneasy at the number of times she'd defended Professor Snape to Harry. How many times had she told him he was imagining things?

Hermione jumped when she heard a knock on the door. To her surprise it was Remus Lupin at her door.

“Professor,” she exclaimed. “What are you doing here?”

“Hermione, how many times have I told you to call me Remus?” Remus said as he entered.

Hermione gestured Remus into the sunlit breakfast room at the back of the house. “I’m sorry, Remus. Is that better?” she teased.

Remus smiled, “Much better. Hermione, Harry sent me to ask for your help.”

“What’s wrong? Is he okay?”

“He’s fine. We have come across a bit of a puzzle that we would like your help in researching,” Remus explained.

“Does this have something to do with what Tonks was asking about? After she left, I finally remembered our second year and the Chamber of Secrets. I think I had some sort of distraction charm placed on me so I wouldn’t think about it.”

Remus nodded. “I’m glad you were able to remember, that will save us some time. We think that most of the students like you, had these distraction charms placed on them so they wouldn’t think about that year. Harry and Ginny, on the other hand were obliviated.”

“What? Who would do such a thing? Are they okay?”

“They are fine. We are still trying to discover what is going on. Can you come help us? I’m not sure how long you’d be gone, but Harry will fill you in once we get there,” Remus answered.

Hermione jumped up. “Of course I’ll help. Let me get some clothes together and call my parents.”

“If you have a nice dress, you are supposed to bring it.” Remus called up the stairs after her.



Harry smiled at Ginny as he slid the pan of scones onto the table. He sat down next to her and loaded up his plate.

“Harry, these are delicious.” Ginny mumbled as she reached for the warm steamy apple scones Harry had made for breakfast. “You don’t have to make breakfast every morning, you know.”

“I know, I want to. I like making breakfast for you,” Harry replied after he swallowed his first bite of scone.

Ginny smiled and kissed him softly before she continued eating.

Harry and Ginny were finishing their breakfast when Tonks came in. “Good morning, love birds.”

“Good morning, Tonks.” They chorused together.

“Ginny was telling me about the bonding ceremony,” Harry said to Tonks. “What do we need to do?”

Tonks smiled, “You two need to come with me.”

Tonks led the two teens to a room at the back of the house on the first floor. It was not a room with which Harry was familiar. Tonks opened the door and Harry and Ginny gasped in astonishment. It was a beautiful glassed in conservatory. Harry could see a fountain in the centre of the room, spreading out from the fountain in ever widening circles were rows of plants and flowers. The inner most circle was comprised of red and white rose bushes and white, pink, and purple orchids, Harry could see rows of tropical hibiscus trees, beautiful magnolia bushes, and beds overflowing with colorful flowers.

“Tonks, this is amazing,” Ginny said as she looked around the room.

“Remus and I found it just after Christmas. The plants had been neglected for years. It took months of work to get it even habitable. I had Neville Longbottom come out while you were in France and put the finishing touches on the room. We were going to surprise you, but I thought this would be the perfect room for the bonding ceremony,” Tonks explained.

Harry and Ginny exchanged a smile. “Tonks, this is beautiful,” Harry said.

“Thanks. I need to go get that beautiful dress we saw yesterday and the suit we put on hold for you Harry. I’ll stop at Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes on our way back and tell them to be here. What time?” Tonks asked.

Harry looked at Ginny. “How about 7 pm?”

She nodded. “That sounds good.”

As Tonks went up the stairs, Harry pulled Ginny into his arms, burying his face in her hair. Ginny wrapped her arms around his waist and held him close. Harry moved his hands up brushing her hair back off of her neck and placed kisses up her neck to her ear. Ginny moaned softly than lacing her fingers through his hair, pulled him up and kissed him. Harry responded enthusiastically and slid his hand under the hem of her tank top, caressing the soft skin of her back. Just as Ginny was sliding her hands up Harry’s back under his shirt, a loud crash from up stairs made them pull apart. Harry leaned his forehead against Ginny’s and closed his eyes, but he did not release her from his embrace.

Harry pulled back and smiled down at Ginny, his eyes sparkling with emotion. “I love you.”

“I love you, too. I can’t wait until tonight.” Ginny smiled up at him and kissed him again.



Bill Weasley stood at the window of his flat, staring out onto the London streets. The revelations of the past few days weighed heavily on his mind. As the oldest of seven children, he had always felt it was his responsibility to watch out for the younger children. Now he felt he had let them all down. Why hadn’t he ever questioned Ginny about going to Beauxbatons? Why hadn’t he checked on her more often? While it was four years too late, he was upset with his younger brothers for ignoring their sister. But, most of all he felt a surge of anger towards his parents, how could they have done this?

Pushing back his guilt, he turned around sat down at his desk and pulled out a fresh piece of parchment.

Charlie,

Something has come up. I know you weren’t planning to come until next week, but can you come now? I can’t explain by owl, I need to explain in person.

It’s important.

Bill





After Tonks left, Harry turned to Ginny. “Are you ready to go exploring?”

Ginny nodded. “I want to see this chamber for myself.”

Harry and Ginny walked hand in hand to the study. Harry commanded the carving to open and they started down the stairs. Ginny paused to whisper the same charm Bill had used the day before, lighting the candles.

“You have got to teach me that charm,” Harry murmured watching the stairwell blaze with light.

Ginny smiled. “I always wanted to be a curse breaker, so Bill taught me some of the basic charms for breaking into tombs. My mum, of course, didn’t think that was an appropriate job for her daughter.”

“Do you still want to be a curse breaker?” Harry asked curiously.

“I don’t know. It’s exciting and glamorous, but with the war I’m not sure that is what I should do,” Ginny replied.

“What if the war was over?” Harry asked

“If the war was over and there was no Vol-Voldemort to worry about, yeah I think that would be a cool job,” Ginny replied.

Harry smiled, that was the first time he had heard her use the name Voldemort.

Ginny looked over at Harry. “I think the experience in the Chamber affected me more than I realized. After that year, I felt the need to learn how to detect dark objects. When we went to Egypt, Bill started teaching me charms. I’m pretty good at detecting dark objects now.”

“Really? That is a very cool talent,” Harry replied as they entered the secret room.

Ginny looked around as she saw the secret room for the first time, the murals on the walls caught her attention. Much like Harry had done the night before, Ginny walked the length of the walls examining the pictures. Ginny gave a wry smile when she saw the little Basilisk being shut into the Chamber. “He doesn’t look quite as scary there, does he?” she commented.

Harry laughed. “That’s what I thought. He would have been a whole lot easier to kill when he was only five feet long.”

Ginny walked over to the shelves and looked over the collection of books. Harry joined her, running his eyes over the titles. Harry was reminded of the Restricted section of the library at Hogwarts. While certainly not as extensive as the collection at Hogwarts, this collection held a wide array of books. Some of the book titles were in English, others in Latin, and still others were in Ancient Runes; the books appeared to be grouped by topic. Harry could see books on Slytherin, the founding of Hogwarts, and Dark Arts.

Harry grimaced when he saw the Dark Arts books. “There are plenty of Dark Arts books in the library upstairs, I hope that doesn’t mean these are worse.”

Ginny nodded as she scanned the titles. “It could just be that those in the library have been purchased since this room was last in use.”

Harry laughed as he saw a copy of ‘Hogwarts, A History’ he pulled the book off the shelf to look at the publication date. It was dated 1743, setting the book aside to give to Hermione later, he turned back to the shelves. Ginny had pulled a small leather-bound book off the shelves. “What is this doing here?” she asked.

“What is it?” Harry asked as he caught sight of the book. It looked quite old and the title appeared to be in Latin.

“It is a book about Livia, the Roman seer,” Ginny replied.

“I don’t think I’ve ever heard of her,” Harry commented, “Who is she?”

“As I said, she was a Roman seer, she lived during the time of the Roman invasion in the first century. I was always fascinated by her. During that time, Wizards and Muggles lived together fairly peacefully. Livia was a member of Julius Caesar’s entourage. She traveled with him to Ancient Britain and back to Rome. She certainly wasn’t a Dark Witch,” Ginny replied.

Before Harry could reply, he heard a noise coming from upstairs. Crossing to the doorway, he looked up the stairs.

“Harry!”

“Down here, Remus,” Harry called out.

Harry waited at the foot of the stairs.

“Harry!” Hermione called out as she caught sight of him. Bounding down the stairs, she engulfed him in a big hug. Harry laughed as he returned her embrace. “Hermione, it’s so good to see you.”

Harry pulled out of her embrace and led her further into the secret chamber. “Hermione!” Ginny cried as she spied her friend. The two girls embraced, Ginny pulled back and looked at Hermione. “Hermione, I am so sorry.”

Hermione looked at her friend perplexed. “What on Earth are you sorry for, Ginny?”

Ginny looked down. “ I remember now, Hermione,” she whispered, “I remember setting the Basilisk on you.”

Hermione pulled Ginny back into an embrace. “Ginny, That wasn’t you.”

“I could have killed you, Hermione…Tom…Tom specifically wanted you as a victim because you and Harry are such good friends,” Ginny told her friend.

“Do you hear yourself? Tom wanted, not you wanted,” Hermione reassured Ginny. “I know it wasn’t you.”

Ginny smiled shakily. “I’ve been so worried about how you would react.”

Hermione looked at both Harry and Ginny. “So you both have your memories back?”

“Yeah, we broke through the memory charm two days ago,” Harry answered coming up behind Ginny. “What about you?”

“I remembered yesterday after Tonks left. It took some effort on my part,” Hermione responded. “I think there was some type of general charm placed on the entire student body so we wouldn’t remember what had happened.”

Remus entered into the conversation nodding. “That sounds most likely. It seems that some type of low level charm was cast that kept the students from thinking about the…bad events of the year. I don’t think anyone but Harry and Ginny were obliviated. I spoke to Minerva McGonagall last night. She didn’t seem to know anything about the Chamber of Secrets.”

“Do you believe her?” asked Harry.

“Yes, I do,” Remus replied. “Minerva has always dealt fairly with me. She is tough, but has always seemed open and above board. I think Albus is behind the charms that were cast. Minerva said she would look into a few things. She will be here later this afternoon.”

Harry nodded. “Maybe then we will start to get some answers.”

Remus looked at Harry. “I need to run some errands, I will be back later.”

“Ok, I’ll see you later,” Harry replied.

Remus said good bye to the girls and left.

Hermione looked around the chamber, taking a good look for the first time. “Have you found anything out about this room, yet?”

“Bill found a book that he thinks was diary of the person that built this room. It’s in Latin, but he thinks he will be able to translate it,” Harry replied as he watched Hermione examine the room. "We're guessing it was built as some type of museum to Slytherin, but we have no idea why it was sealed up."

Like Harry and Ginny, Hermione paused in front of the mural depicting the Basilisk being shut in the Chamber of Secrets. “Is this what the Chamber of Secrets looks like?” she asked them.

Ginny shivered slightly. “Yes, except for the fact that we ran into a much bigger Basilisk.”

“What is that?” Hermione asked pointing to the book in Ginny’s hand. As Ginny brought up the book, Hermione spotted something else. She grabbed Ginny’s hand. “Merlin, Ginny is that what I think it is?”

Ginny smiled as she held her ring up for inspection. “Isn’t it beautiful?”

Harry laughed as he slipped up behind Ginny and wrapped his arms around her waist. “Why don’t we go upstairs for this conversation? It might take awhile.”

As Hermione followed the others up the stairs to the study, her mind was spinning. What on earth had happened in the month and a half since she had seen Harry? She knew from the pictures in the Prophet that Harry and Ginny were dating, but that was an engagement ring.

The group settled into the study, Harry and Ginny sat on the bench while Hermione sat on the sofa. Harry and Ginny told Hermione their story.

“So you’ve been dreaming about each other for four years?” Hermione asked in astonishment. “Why didn’t you ever mention it?”

Harry laughed. “It was private, plus I didn’t think she was real.” He looked over at Ginny with love shining in his eyes. “I thought she was just an angel sent to help me.”

Ginny blushed and kissed him on the cheek before settling back in his arms.

Hermione looked at Ginny. “Did you know who he was?”

Ginny shook her head. “Not at first, the first year we met mostly in my…unformed nightmares. I didn’t remember what I was afraid of, I just knew I was afraid. Harry showed up in my dreams and made me feel better. When I read Harry’s interview in the Quibbler, I kind of freaked out. I was sharing dreams with the famous Harry Potter, but at the same time I was just helping my friend.”

Ginny looked pensively at her friends. “I think… I may have been obliviated more than once.”

“What?!” Harry and Hermione exclaimed.

“I vaguely remember asking about Harry Potter when I was at the Burrow, but I don’t remember anymore,” Ginny explained. “I don’t even know when this was exactly…it may have been more than once.”

Anger flashed across Harry’s face as he considered what had been taken from them, he turned to Hermione. “Is there any way to tell how many times someone has been obliviated?”

“I don’t know, but I can find out,” she replied. “Who do you think obliviated you?”

“Dumbledore had a part in it,” Harry replied. “Mr. and Mrs. Weasley had a part in it, we don’t know who else.”

Hermione shuddered to think of the damage so casually inflicted on the couple in front of her. “So, once you realized she was real, you went to Beauxbatons to meet her?” Hermione asked.

Harry laughed. “Yep, and when we met she fainted at my feet.”

Ginny glared at Harry. “I didn’t think you were real either and I didn’t faint at your feet because you caught me.”

Harry kissed her on top of the head. “Oh, come on that’s too good a story not to share with people.”

Hermione laughed. “So, how did you two go from just meeting, what three or four weeks ago, to that ring on her finger?”

Ginny smiled happily as she admired her ring before turning to look at Hermione. “Have you ever heard of a soul bond?”

Harry laughed at the look on Hermione’s face. He and Ginny explained their soul bond to Hermione as they had to Ginny’s brothers.

“Hermione, would you be a witness to our bonding ceremony tonight?” Harry asked.

“I would be honoured to,” Hermione responded with tears shining in her eyes.



George Weasley finished restocking the last of the Skiving Snack boxes when he heard the ringing of the bell indicating someone had entered the store. He turned to the front of the store and was shocked to see Professor McGonagall examining the pygmy puff display.

“Professor McGonagall, welcome to Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes,” he called out.

Minerva turned. “Mr Weasley, you seem to have done well for yourself.”

George smiled. “Thank you, Professor.”

“I trust Remus has spoken to you?” Minerva asked.

“What did you tell me during my career advice meeting in my fifth year?” George countered.

A smile played around the corners of Minerva’s mouth as she replied, “I told you that with your grades, I couldn’t imagine what you were going to do, but whatever it was I was sure you would make an impression.”

“You were right.” George laughed before continuing more seriously, “Remus told us you would be coming to Harry’s today.”



Charlie Weasley stepped off the Knight Bus outside of the Leaky Cauldron. He had been traveling all day, having taken the European Wizarding Transport from Romania to France and across the English Channel before taking the Knight Bus for the final leg of his journey. Shouldering his rucksack, he made his way through the alleyway behind the Leaky Cauldron and onto Diagon Alley.

Bill’s letter had piqued Charlie’s curiosity, what could Bill have to tell him in person? He didn’t think it had anything to do with the Order of the Phoenix, they had their own system of communication; so was it to do with Bill’s upcoming wedding?

Charlie shook his head as he viewed his brothers’ shop for the first time. The eye popping colors and outrageous display suited his brothers’ personalities perfectly. He entered the shop to find a young lady in shocking magenta robes behind the counter.

“Hi, I’m Charlie Weasley, I’m looking for my brothers, Fred and George.”

“Hello, I’m Verity. Are you the Dragon keeper?”

Charlie laughed, “Yes, I work with dragons.”

Charlie turned as the back door opened. “Fred!”

Fred beckoned Charlie into the back room, where the twins greeted their older brother.

“Charlie, glad you could make it,” Fred exclaimed as he embraced his brother.

“What’s going on?” Charlie asked impatiently after he’d greeted George. “I got an owl from Bill saying I need to come right away.”

“Charlie, I’m glad you made it.” Charlie turned to see his older brother in the doorway.

“Bill.” Charlie exclaimed as he greet his brother. Soon the four brothers were sitting around the table in the twins' flat with bottles of butterbeer. Fred slipped out to the Leaky Caldron to grab some lunch for all of them while Bill talked to Charlie.

“Charlie, what do you know about Ginny’s scholarship to Beauxbatons?” Bill asked.

Charlie looked very confused, surely Bill hadn’t summoned him to England to ask about Ginny’s scholarship. “She had a bad first year at Hogwarts so when she had an opportunity to go to Beauxbatons, she took it. I don't really know any details. I do remember that I was surprised that Mum would let Ginny go so far away."

After Fred returned with a platter of sandwiches and crisps, Bill and the twins sat Charlie down and explained what they had uncovered so far. The Chamber of Secrets, the obliviations, and Harry and Ginny’s soul bond.

Charlie sat stunned as the story unfolded, it seemed so unbelievable, but at the same time it made sense. “So you think Mum and Dad are behind this?” he asked his brothers.

“Mum and Dad had a part in it, but we think Dumbledore is the driving force behind the obliviations. It would take a very powerful wizard to bind Harry’s powers,” Bill replied. He looked troubled as he picked up another sandwich. "Mum must have known what was happening. She was horrified the other night when she saw the picture of Harry and Ginny in the paper. I just don't know why."

“So what should we do?” Charlie asked.

Bill exchanged a look with the twins before answering. “Right now we are focusing on solving the mystery of the secret chamber, but I know Harry and Ginny are planning on confronting Mum, Dad and Dumbledore.”

“Tonight, however, Harry and Ginny are having a bonding ceremony,” Fred added.



As evening drew near, Tonks pulled Ginny and Hermione up to Ginny’s room to get ready for the ceremony.

Ginny laughed. “Hermione, I never imagined us doing such girly things together.”

Hermione smiled as she waved her wand over Ginny’s nails drying the newly painted nails. “I know, I get so used to hanging out with the boys that I never get to do stuff like this.”

Ginny lost her smile briefly. “I wish they were here.”

“Your parents?” Hermione asked sympathetically.

Ginny nodded. “I know it’s stupid and I am very angry with them, but at the same I want them here.”

“That’s not stupid,” Hermione reassured the younger girl. “It’s perfectly natural to want your whole family at your wedding.”

“I wish…I wish none of this had happened. It also makes me more angry with them. I am marrying the love of my life, why can’t they be here to celebrate with me?”

Hermione pulled Ginny into an embrace. “You are marrying the love of your life, you look incredible, and you are learning the truth. Most of your brothers are here...” Hermione trailed off before continuing, “Your family loves you, someday they will be able to celebrate with you.”

Ginny smiled as she hugged her friend and kissed her on the cheek. “Thanks, Hermione.”

She wiped the tears that had leaked down on her cheeks and went into the bathroom to freshen up. When she returned, Tonks sat her down with her back to the mirror. Between the two of them, Hermione and Tonks applied a light layer of make up playing up Ginny’s eyes. Hermione reached into her bag, “I don’t know what wizarding wedding traditions there are, but in the Muggle world there is a saying ‘Something borrowed, something blue, something old and something new.’ Here is your something borrowed.” Hermione handed Ginny a pair of delicate diamond earrings.

Ginny smiled shakily as she put them on. “They are beautiful, thank you Hermione.”

Turning to Tonks, Ginny asked, “Do you think the combs would count as something new?”

Tonks nodded as she pulled out the set of pearl and emerald encrusted combs that she intended to use in Ginny’s hair.

“Ginny, those are beautiful, where did you get them?” Hermione asked gazing at the them.

Ginny blushed. “Harry got them for me, he surprised me earlier today with them. Aren’t they beautiful?”

Tonks used her wand to arrange Ginny’s hair. She used the combs to pull back Ginny’s hair while arranging the length in curls that fell down her back.

Ginny looked up at Tonks and asked, “Can I see yet?” Tonks had not let Ginny look in the mirror since they started getting ready.

“Not yet, wait until you have your dress on,” Tonks replied.

Ginny pouted before she pointed to the white open toed heels she planned to wear with her dress. “Those are my something old.”

There was a knock on the open door. “May I come in ladies?”

The three girls turned to see Minerva McGonagall in the doorway.

“Professor.” All three called out at the same time.

“Miss Granger, Miss Tonks, it is nice to see you.” Minerva turned to Ginny, “Miss Weasley, I am truly sorry for everything that you’ve been through. I only recently discovered what had happened.”

“Professor…Thank you,” Ginny responded. “It has been a difficult week, but…wonderful at the same time.”

Minerva allowed herself a small smile. “I’ve seen your groom, I don’t think I have ever seen him so happy.”

Ginny smiled at the mention of Harry.

Minerva continued, “I could not help but overhear your discussion. I believe I can help.”

With a swish of her wand, Minerva conjured up small blue handkerchief and handed it to Ginny.

"Thank you, Professor."

Finally Tonks nodded indicating that Ginny could look in the mirror. Ginny turned and gasped, was that really her? She had chosen a simple strapless tea length white dress, with hand sown beading on the fitted bodice. The simple dress showcased her athletic curves. The contrast between the white of the dress and bright red-gold color of her hair was sharp and flattering.



Harry quickly showered and changed into the grey pinstriped suite Tonks had chosen for him. He was straightening his tie when Remus knocked on the door.

“Hey, Remus. Thanks for letting me get ready in your room, mine’s been taken over.” Harry laughed.

Remus smiled as he looked at his godson. “Harry…you look so much like James, I can’t help but remember your parent’s wedding.”

Harry turned to look at Remus. “When did they get married?”

“April 23, 1979. They were engaged at the end of our seventh year and married the following spring.” Remus smiled as he lost himself in the memories of his best friends’ wedding. “They were married in Godric’s Hollow. James' family has lived their for generations. It was a beautiful ceremony.”

Harry smiled faintly. “Ever since Hagrid made that photo album for me, I’ve loved looking at pictures of their wedding.”

Harry looked down at his tie. “I never imagined doing this without Ron here. Not that I really ever imagined getting married before, but I just assumed that if I did ever get married, Ron and all of the Weasleys would be there. I shouldn’t complain, it must be far worse for Ginny.”

Remus put his hand on Harry’s arm. “I know it’s hard, but we will get to the bottom of all this.”

Harry looked up at Remus. “Have you ever forgiven Wormtail?”

Remus turned his back to Harry and walked over to the window. He gazed out at the back garden before answering, “I know this sounds bad, but no I’ve never forgiven Wormtail. When he became a Death Eater, he betrayed not only the Order, but all wizards. He spied on us for over a year, leaking information to Voldemort. I can’t imagine the boy I was friends with for seven years doing such a thing, did I even know him?” Remus paused for a moment to get his emotions under control. “I might have been able to forgive him for becoming a Death Eater, but I can never forgive him for betraying your parents. He and James were friends for years and Lily was never anything but kind to him. He framed Sirius and sentenced him to twelve long years in Azkaban.”

Harry watched Remus pace the room as he talked. Remus turned to face Harry. “I can’t tell you whether you should forgive Ron and his parents, if that is what you are asking me. I can tell you, I’ve seen the Weasleys with you and they do love you. I imagine they wanted to protect Ginny. I don’t agree with their methods, but I firmly believe that whatever they did, they did out of love.”

“Why? I know you can’t answer that, but why did they have to do this to us?” Harry asked. “I practically begged them all summer to let me see Ginny. I know she did the same, why couldn’t they just let us be together? I love her, I would never hurt her.”

Remus flinched at the pain he saw reflected in Harry’s eyes. “I know you do. I don’t know why things happened the way they did, but I promise we will find out.”

Remus reached out and pulled his godson into a big hug. “I love you, Harry.”

Harry returned the hug and whispered back. “I love you, Remus. Thank you.”

Remus pulled back and gave Harry the opportunity to straighten himself out. “I have something for you, Harry.”

He held out a small black box. Harry took the box and opened it. Inside lay a pair of gold cuff links engraved with a stag. “Your father had a similar pair that he wore at his wedding, so I had these made for you.”

Harry smiled as he attached the cuff links. “Thanks, Remus.”




Harry entered the conservatory with Remus. He looked around in awe. There were candles floating around the ceiling lighting the room. In the centre of the room was a raised dais upon which rested a majestic fountain. The fountain was the focal point of the room, it was large and circular made of light pink marble. Water rose from the centre of the fountain in a spray that ranged from one to three feet high. Smaller sprays of water arched across the fountain from the outer edges, changing color as they fell. There was light coming from within the fountain as if the water was lit from within. As Harry walked to the edge of the fountain, he was surprised that he didn’t feel any spray from the water.

Remus saw the look on his face and smiled. “A simple shield charm keeps the water in the fountain.”

Harry turned to see Bill, Charlie, Fred and George entering the room. “Hey, guys. Gin and I are going to be standing in front of the fountain with Remus and Hermione up here as witnesses.” Harry told them indicating the location he was talking about.

Bill nodded. “We’ll be over here. I hope you don’t mind, but I set a camera charm. It will take pictures of the ceremony and participants. I thought maybe Ginny would like that.”

Harry smiled. “That would be great, thanks Bill.”

A crash from the upstairs hall heralded the arrival of the ladies. Minerva and Tonks entered first and took their places next to the Weasleys.

Hermione entered next looking lovely in an ice blue summer dress, she was carrying a small bouquet of pink and white roses. She walked to the fountain and embraced Harry kissing him on the cheek before taking her place.

Harry turned back to the doorway and forgot to breathe when he saw Ginny. She was beautiful, he stared at her in awe as she approached. Ginny walked confidently to Harry’s side, her eyes never leaving his.

Ginny handed her bouquet of red, pink, and white roses to Hermione and reached out to take Harry’s hands. He took her hands in both of his and leaned down to kiss her softly.

“You look beautiful,” he whispered.

Ginny smiled up at him, her concerns about her family missing her wedding fading in the face of the love she saw shining from his face. Harry glanced around at the family and friends who came to witness his bonding to Ginny before nodding at Remus who was standing next to him.

“Thank you for joining us here tonight,” Remus began. “Harry and Ginny have chosen to formalize their soul bond by participating in a bonding ceremony tonight. A bonding ceremony at it simplest is the promise of a couple to bind their lives together. It is one way a couple can share their love for each other with their loved ones. In the midst of the turmoil that has surrounded all of us during the past month, the love that Harry and Ginny have found for each other is a bright beacon of hope. Please join me now in witnessing the bonding of Harry James Potter to Ginevra Molly Weasley.”

Harry smiled down at Ginny, holding both of her hands in his and said, “Ginny, in your love, I have found a home and an incredible sense of belonging. I feel as if I have spent half my life searching for something, but I never knew what it was. The day I met you, I knew I had found my soul mate and my future. I promise with all my love, all my soul, and all my magic to bind my fate with yours. I am yours and you are mine, I love you and bind myself to you.”

Ginny smiled, her eyes bright with unshed tears. “Harry, I have spent my life surrounded by love and acceptance, but when I met you I felt complete. Your love and acceptance, even in our dreams, has surrounded and supported me. In you, I have found my soul mate and my future. I promise with all my love, all my soul, and all my magic to bind my fate with yours. I am yours and you are mine, I love you and bind myself to you.”

Remus leaned forward and placed a platinum band studded with diamonds in Harry’s hand. His hand shaking slightly, Harry slid the ring onto Ginny’s hand. “Ginny, from the moment I first saw you, I knew you were the one with whom I wanted to share my life. Your strength, beauty, heart, and mind inspire me to be the best person I can be. I promise to love you for eternity, respecting you, honouring you, being faithful to you, and sharing my life and magic with you. This I promise.”

As Harry spoke, a shimmering golden light surrounded the couple that they did not notice.

Ginny took the simple platinum band, Harry had chosen, slid it onto his ring finger and repeated her vows back to him. “Harry, from the moment I first saw you, I knew you were the one with whom I wanted to share my life. Your courage, nobility, heart, and mind inspire me to be the best person I can be. I promise to love you for eternity, respecting you, honouring you, being faithful to you, and sharing my life and magic with you. This I promise.”

As Ginny finished her vows, the shimmering light bathed and surrounded the couple. Ginny felt her magic rise up and reach out to Harry and as it reached him, their magic joined and merged together. Ginny gasped as their joined magic flowed all around them. She felt that she could see their magic flowing in iridescent waves. Harry felt the pull of Ginny’s magic calling to his magic, merging and flowing together. Their magic did not separate, but instead seemed to double and flow back into each of them. Harry smiled down at Ginny and for that one moment, there was no one else in the room with him, only Ginny. As his eyes met hers, he leaned down to kiss her. When his lips touched hers, he felt his heart jump. As he deepened the kiss, he could feel their magic flowing back and forth.

Hermione had taken a step back when the shimmering light first appeared around the couple. As Harry and Ginny finished their vows, they were engulfed by a shimmering golden column of light. Hermione looked at the other guests to find that they appeared shocked as well, she stepped down from the dais and joined the others.

“Is this normal for Wizard weddings?” she whispered.

Unable to turn away from the sight in front of him, Bill whispered, “I’ve never seen anything like this before.”

“I believe it is the final step in their soul bond,” Minerva added quietly looking towards Remus for confirmation.

Remus who had also left the dais nodded. “I think she’s right. You can almost see their magic merging.”

Up on the dais, Harry slowly pulled away from Ginny and looked down at her. He could feel the emotion and magic of the ceremony crackling in the air around them like electricity. They had done it, he could feel the soul bond. While he and Ginny had been married for week; now it was much more real. He kissed her softly. “I love you, Ginny.”

Ginny smiled up at him. “I love you, Harry.”



After the ceremony, Remus had arranged refreshments in the back of the conservatory. Harry stood talking to Bill and Charlie.

"I didn’t get a chance to work on the diary today, but I hope to work on it tomorrow,” Bill said.

Harry nodded. “Gin found a book today also, it was about a Roman seer.”

“Livia?” Charlie asked.

“Yeah, how did you know?” Harry asked.

“I didn’t really, but Ginny was always fascinated by her when she was little,” Charlie replied. “I think it was Dad’s influence. Livia lived at a time when Wizards and Muggles lived together. Ginny read all the stories about her she could find. Apparently Livia truly had a gift, many of her prophecies came true.”

“I wonder what a book on Livia was doing in this house?” Harry mused.

“Maybe she made a prophecy regarding Slytherin,” Bill suggested. “Most everything in that room had something to do with Slytherin.”

Ginny was standing across the room talking to Hermione and Fred when she felt someone watching her, she turned to see Harry watching her while he was talking to her two oldest brothers. Excusing herself, she walked over to Harry, sliding her arm around his waist. Harry responded by pulling her close.

“Excuse me.” Harry turned to see Minerva standing next to them.

“Professor McGonagall,” Harry greeted his Head-of-House. "Thank you for coming. I'm glad you could make it."

“Mr. Potter, Mrs. Potter,” Minerva responded. “I am glad I could be here today.”

Harry smiled when he heard Ginny referred to as Mrs. Potter for the first time, he glanced down at Ginny and saw a similar smile on her face.

“I don’t know when I will have the chance to speak to you again, so I wanted to tell you what I discovered. After speaking to Remus last night, I did a little investigating at the school. Neither Professor Flitwick nor Professor Sprout remembered anything about Miss Weasley or the Chamber of Secrets,” Minerva explained as the rest of the group gathered around. “I did check through my files and found your work from that year,” she said nodding to Ginny, “there is a notation that you transferred to Beauxbatons the following year.”

“I spoke to several of the house elves including your friend, Dobby,” Minerva continued, “as far as I can tell there was some sort of charm applied to the goblets at the Leaving Feast. It seems to have been aimed at making the students…not think about the events of the year. Not precisely a memory charm, more like a confundus or misdirection charm.”

Remus looked at Minerva thoughtfully. “Harry and Ginny were not obliviated until later in the summer, this must have been done immediately.”

Harry nodded. “There were about three weeks between the time we went into the Chamber and the end of the school year, so the plans must have been put in place fairly quickly.”

“I believe that the Board of Governors had something to do with the decision.” Minerva looked uncertain for the first time. “It was a very unsettling year. With the students being attacked and Dumbledore being removed from the school…I believe the Board was concerned that people would lose faith in Hogwarts.”

Bill rolled his eyes. “Professor, I don’t mean to be rude, but please, Professor Dumbledore must have been involved. It’s his school.”

“Mr Weasley,” Minerva said with a touch of asperity. “I am not a fool. I realize that Albus in involved in this…conspiracy, but what I am trying to tell you is that there are more people involved.”

“Why do you think the Board of Governors is involved, Professor?” Harry inquired.

“Dobby mentioned the Board. When I pushed him, he mentioned a meeting that took place between Albus and the Board. Dobby did not know what was involved in the meeting, but indicated there was a connection between the meeting and the decision to charm the student body,” Minerva replied.

“Maybe having participated in the cover up, made it easier for them to obliviate us when the time came,” Ginny said with anger in her voice.

Harry ran his hands down Ginny’s back. “Did the charms not work on me and Ginny?”

Remus and Minerva looked startled at the thought.

“You are a very powerful wizard, Harry,” Remus began. “Given your involvement in the events, you probably broke through the charm.”

Minerva looked at Ginny thoughtfully. “I believe the same applied to Mrs. Potter. She is quite powerful as well and it would be hard to make her forget her entire year. Most of the students while scared, were not intimately involved in the events. It would be easier to make them forget.”

Fred nodded. “It was scary, but if you didn’t know the students involved…”

“…it was easy to forget,” George concluded.

Tonks who had slipped from the room earlier, returned and nodded to Minerva.

Minerva turned to Harry. “I need to return to Hogwarts, but I have a gift for you first.”

Minerva pulled a quill from her robes and held it out to Harry. “This is a Portkey, it is voice activated to the word ‘Scotland.’ It will take you to my cottage on the Outer Hebrides, it is relatively isolated but it is a beautiful area.”

Bill chimed in. “I went up there today, the wards are strong. You should be well protected there.”

“It is well stocked, I asked my house elf to stock up on food and air out the house,” Minerva added.

Noting Harry’s confusion, Remus gently explained, “I know we have a lot to investigate, but you deserve to have some time to yourselves. I don’t think you should be there more than a day or two, but we wanted you to have a honeymoon.”

Harry and Ginny both blushed at this comment.

“Thank you.” Harry looked around at his family and friends. “That doesn’t seem adequate for your belief in us and the support you’ve provided us, but thank you.”
Reviews 410
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear