Search:

SIYE Time:20:46 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Remember
By potterfan2008

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 410
Summary: The summer after the Chamber of Secrets was hard on everyone. How come no one can remember what happened? Prior to starting his seventh year at Hogwarts, Harry realizes he is missing some memories from his second year. Together with Remus Lupin, Harry sets out to discover what happened. He hopes to find out about that pretty red head he has been dreaming about as well.
Hitcount: Story Total: 353187; Chapter Total: 12403
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


“The heir of Slytherin shall become a most powerful Dark Lord. The chosen one with the power to defeat this Dark Lord can use the stone of the Iceni to defeat him. It will take the combined power of the chosen one and his destined mate to wield the stone of the Iceni. The fire haired mate of the chosen one shall be touched by the same evil that he himself knows. She will be lost to him for a time, but their love will overcome their separation. Together they will reclaim their bond and use the stone of the Iceni to finally defeat the Dark Lord, the heir of Slytherin.”

Silence followed Hermione’s reading of the prophecy, until Harry asked, “Can you read that again, Hermione?”

Hermione stood up with a stack of parchment in her hands. “I’ve made copies of the prophecy, I thought that would be the easiest way.”

Everyone took their copy of the prophecy and read it. Harry looked up from his copy. “Okay, what do you make of it? Hermione, you’ve had the most time with it, what do you think?”

Hermione smiled. “Well, I think it’s fairly obvious the prophecy is about you, Ginny and Voldemort. Voldemort is the heir of Slytherin and a most powerful Dark Lord. ‘The chosen one with the power to defeat the Dark Lord’ echoes Professor Trelawney’s prophecy. Ginny is obviously your mate, she was touched by the same evil as you and obviously you were separated for a while. I don’t know what the stone of the Iceni is, I’ve never heard of that before.”

Ginny felt oddly important and a bit awed to be the subject of a prophecy. "She will be lost to him for a time, but their love will overcome their separation. Together they will reclaim their bond.' That part of the prophecy has come true. Our soul bond overcame our separation. So now we need to figure out how to use that bond."

Harry smiled at the thought of being part of a positive prophecy. "I don’t know what the stone of the Iceni is either.”

Ginny looked at Harry, they had decided not to say anything about their newly found ability to sense each other’s emotions. Could this be the power to which the prophecy referred? She couldn't imagine how that could help defeat Voldemort, but she hadn't imagined a soul bond either.

“Do you know if any of Livia’s other prophecies had anything to do with us or Slytherin?” Harry asked Ginny.

Ginny shook her head. “Most of her prophecies were about events in her life time. I didn’t realize she had made any so far in the future.”

Harry looked at Hermione. “Do you think this is why Arcturus sealed the chamber? He didn’t want anyone to hear the prophecy?”

Hermione nodded. “It would make sense, it tells how you can defeat Voldemort. Not very specifically, but it does give you a starting place.”

“Have any of you heard of the stone of the Iceni?” Bill asked.

“The Iceni are an ancient people that were conquered by the Romans,” Remus answered, “but I’ve never heard of a stone of the Iceni.”

“Were they Muggles or Wizards?” asked Charlie.

Remus turned to look at him. “What do you mean?”

“The Iceni, were they Muggles or Wizards? That way we know where to look for information on them,” Charlie explained.

“They were Muggles,” Harry answered, “Queen Boudica fought against the Romans."

Everyone turned to look at him. “What? I went to Muggle primary school,” he said defensively.

“Sorry, Harry,” Hermione replied giggling, “I just don’t expect you to remember things like that.”

Harry looked slightly disgruntled as he leaned back on the sofa. Ginny laughed softly as kissed him on the cheek.

“We should check the chamber to see if there are any other references to this stone of the Iceni,” Remus stated.

“Yeah, but we should get something to eat first,” Charlie added.

“Anyone want pizza?” Harry asked. “I’ve been in the mood for a pizza lately.”

Remus nodded. “That sounds good, you want to go to that place over in Camden Town?”

“Pizza? What’s a pizza?” Ginny asked.

Harry looked around to see her brothers looking similarly puzzled. “There’s no pizza in the wizarding world?” Harry asked sounding appalled.

“Harry, have you ever heard of pizza in the wizarding world?” Hermione asked sounding amused.

“Sirius and Remus and I went out for pizza all the time,” Harry replied.

“Well, I’ve spent a lot of time in the Muggle world thanks to my…condition and Sirius spent time in the Muggle world while he was on the run, so we’ve had pizza. Most wizards, though have never had pizza,” Remus replied.

Harry looked at the Weasley brothers and Ginny. “You will love this.”




A short time later found them in the pizza parlour. Harry at one end of the table with Ginny on his left with Charlie on her other side. Remus sat at the other end of the table with Bill next to him and Hermione sat on the other side of Bill next to Harry. There were pitchers of coke and three different types of pizza on the table.

Charlie reached for his fourth piece of pizza. “Harry, this stuff is the best. I can’t believe this hasn’t made it to our world yet.”

Remus looked around the table. “Since we are already in this part of London, I was thinking perhaps Harry, Ginny, and Hermione could check out some book shops here to see if they can find any information on this stone. Bill, Charlie, and I could check out Flourish and Blotts.”

“That sounds good,” Harry turned to Bill. “Can you get some money out of my vault? I have enough for today, but I'll need more before long.”

Bill nodded. “No problem, which vault?”

Harry looked puzzled. “What do you mean which vault? I only have one vault.”

When he said this, Harry saw Remus and Bill exchange a confused glance. A sickening feeling filled him, was there more he didn't know about?

Remus answered, “Harry, I think he means do you want to take the money from your trust vault or your family vault.”

“Family vault? What family vault?” Harry asked, his voice rising slightly.

“The Potter family vault that contains the rest of your inheritance,” Bill answered. He could tell from the look on Harry’s face he’d never heard of about the extent of his inheritance. “You don’t know what I’m talking about do you?”

Harry shook his head silently, he could feel his anger building. Ginny reached out for his hand which soothed him slightly.

“The Potters are an old established pure blood family. I don’t know exactly when they set up the trust vault, but I know at least James and his dad used it,” Remus began, “The trust vault is to be used from the time you start Hogwarts through the time you inherit the bulk of the family fortune, or in your case until you reach the age of seventeen. Underage wizards can't inherit their family estates so it is always held in trust until you come of age. I’m sorry Harry, I thought you knew. This should have been explained to you the first time you went to Gringotts, or when you received a copy of your parents’ will.”

The glasses on the table rattled ominously, recognizing that Harry was close to losing control on both his anger and his magic, Hermione cast both a silencing charm and a notice me not charm over the table.

“My parents had a will?” Harry asked quietly.

Remus was starting to look both angry and confused. “Harry who took you to Gringotts the first time?”

“Hagrid.” Harry replied, “He rescued me from my relatives, gave me my Hogwarts letter and took me to Diagon Alley. I don’t think Hagrid would be keeping things from me. He was really angry at my aunt and uncle when he realized I didn’t know I was a wizard or didn’t know anything about the wizarding world.”

Remus looked thoughtful. “I doubt Hagrid would even realize you had more than one vault. It’s not a common practice, except among the…well-to-do families. I only knew because I was a close friend of James.”

Bill smirked at Remus’s phrase, well-to-do. Harry was not well-to-do, he was one of the richest wizards in England.

“Dumbledore would have known wouldn’t he?” Harry asked.

“He must have, he has been conservator on your accounts since your parents died,” Bill answered.

Harry turned to Bill. “Can you get me…I don’t know what you call it, but a list of what I have at Gringotts?”

“I can get you a list of your assets and a summary of account activity from all vaults,” Bill replied. “I can also get you a copy of your parent’s will.”

“Thank you,” Harry replied. He stood up and threw some money down on the table, looking at Hermione he said, “I’ll meet you outside.”

He glanced at Ginny and held out his hand, taking his hand the two walked outside.

The others sat in shocked silence and watched Harry and Ginny leave.

Hermione spoke for the first time. “This is going to be bad, isn’t it?”

“Yes,” Bill responded, “Gringotts always sends account summaries to all vault holders. He couldn’t access his family vault until he turned seventeen, but he should have gotten the summaries. It is his money. Dumbledore must have used his position as conservator to divert the summaries.”

“Why?” asked Charlie. “It’s Harry’s money, why would Dumbledore keep it from him?”

“I’m not sure,” Remus answered, “But we will find out.”




Harry strode angrily out of the restaurant. Without a destination in mind, he stalked to the end of the block. Turning back, he could see Hermione had not yet left the restaurant, he slumped against the nearest building banging his fist against the rough brick. Ginny caught up to him and ran her hand up his back.

Harry turned and still leaning up against the building looked at Ginny. She could feel the anger, confusion, and hurt churning around inside of him. Without a word, Ginny wrapped her arms around his neck. Pulling her close, Harry buried his face in her hair and lost himself in the loving comfort of her embrace.

“Thank you, baby,” he murmured into her neck.

Harry pulled back and looked down at his wife, he could feel her concern and love for him overpowering the anger her felt. He smiled down at her. “I don’t know what I would do without you.”

Before she could respond Harry kissed her softly. Ginny responded and deepened the kiss until she heard a cough behind her.

Harry and Ginny looked up to see Hermione standing uncertainly behind them, trying to hide a smile.

Harry gave her a sheepish grin as he pulled away from the building and Ginny’s embrace. “Come on, there’s a book shop down the block.”

As Harry led the way down the street, Hermione kept stealing glances at the couple next to her. While part of her kept screaming they are way too young for this, another part of her was captivated by the love and tenderness between them. She had never seen Harry the way he was with Ginny. She had seen him with both of his previous girlfriends and he was awkward and shy. With Ginny, he was relaxed and at peace. She had to admit she a little jealous of them.

As they walked into the shop, Harry turned to look at her. Hermione laughed. “What I’m automatically supposed to know where to go?”

Harry smirked. “Yes. You are.”

Hermione shook her head and pointed them to the history section of the shop. “Let’s look over here.”

The three of them found a few books on the Iceni and several on Queen Boudica. Harry flipped to the index of the book he was checking, there was a listing for the stone of the Iceni. His heart beating a little faster, he flipped to the appropriate page. Scanning the section he said, “This one has some information on the stone.”

He held onto that book as they continued looking through the books.

Ginny wandered a little further down near the travel section, rather fascinated by the Muggle book shop. She picked up a random book reading the jacket cover before setting back it down, as she set the book down she caught sight of a book about the Outer Hebrides. Picking it up she flipped through the book, stopping when she saw a picture of Professor McGonagall’s cottage. She smiled when she read in the caption that this was the summer home of a college Professor.

Tucking the book under her arm, she glanced around. She noticed several girls about her age chatting and giggling, she smiled until she noticed where they were looking. They were all checking out her husband. She looked over at him and decided she really didn’t blame them. He was wearing jeans that looked really good on him and a tight white t-shirt that showed all of his muscles to his advantage. Harry must have felt her gaze for he looked up and smiled at her before returning his attention to Hermione.

Hermione shook her head as she noticed the interaction between Harry and Ginny. “What?” Harry asked flushing slightly.

Hermione laughed. “I’ve never seen you this way before. You are so confident around her and so relaxed. You really do love her don’t you?”

“Yeah, I do,” Harry responded looking at Ginny. “She is just amazing.”

“Tell me,” Hermione said.

Harry looked at her suspiciously. “Are you making fun of me?”

“No, why would I do that?”

“Carlos, my roommate at Quidditch camp and Oliver used to make fun of me because I wouldn’t shut up about her,” Harry explained.

Hermione giggled. “Well, I’m asking. I want to know.”

“She’s just…perfect. I mean she has seen me at my absolute worst, when I was wishing I was dead because I hated everything that had happened so much and she helped me through it. She supported me and was just there for me. We just connected, she gets me in a way no one else ever has,” Harry explained. “I thought I was crazy for…falling for a girl I only knew from my dreams.” He turned to look at Hermione, his eyes shining with the intensity of his feelings. “Remember last year when you were telling me I needed to find someone I wanted to take to Slughorn’s Christmas party?”

Hermione nodded.

“Ginny’s face popped up in front of me. She was the girl I wanted to take, not Susan or Luna or Cho; I wanted to go with Ginny.” Harry laughed a little self consciously. “Do you know why? I knew that I could talk to her, about anything. I’ve never had any trouble talking to her. We can talk about anything. She doesn’t care that you are one of my best friends, she knows I look at you more like a sister than anything else. Plus she is drop dead gorgeous, an awesome Quidditch player, and dead sexy.” Harry laughed again. “Now you’re sorry you asked, aren’t you?”

“No. I’m glad, you deserve someone that makes you so happy,” Hermione smiled. “I’ve always kind of thought of you as a brother.” She leaned up and kissed him on the cheek. “I’m very, very happy for you.”

She turned and picked up one of the books she had been looking through. “Did you find anything else?”

“No, just this one,” Harry said as he reached for the book Hermione was holding.

Ginny came up at that moment holding a book of her own. “Can we get this, too?” she asked Harry.

“Sure,” Harry replied as he made his way to the register to pay.

After purchasing their books, the three of them made their way back towards Grimmauld Place. Harry was carrying the bag in one hand and holding Ginny’s hand with the other when he felt a slight chill in the air. Stiffening, he looked around.

Harry swore softly as he dropped the bag and drew his wand, he saw Hermione and Ginny doing the same.

A large group of Dementors glided up the street. The Muggles of course could not see the Dementors, but the effects were unmistakable. Horror and despair was reflected on the faces of those the Dementors passed. As Harry watched in horror a Dementor swooped near a young family crouched on the sidewalk.

“Expecto Patronum!” Harry yelled.

Harry heard the cry echoed by both Hermione and Ginny as he watched Prongs bound towards the Dementors, followed closely by Ginny’s doe. Looking around he saw Hermione struggling with the spell.

“Hermione!” he yelled, “Concentrate on a happy thought.”

“I’m trying!” she yelled back.

Up ahead the Dementors started scattering under the attack of the two powerful Patronuses. Harry was glad to see the young family was able to get away from the Dementors.

As the last of the Dementors scattered, Harry heard the popping sound indicating apparition. He turned to see five wizards popping in, two wore Auror robes and three wore robes indicating they worked in the Department of Magical Catastrophes. They hurried over to Harry, Ginny, and Hermione.

“Dementors?” one of the Aurors asked. She was in approximately her mid twenties, about Tonks’s age. She wore a name tag indicating her name was Daisy.

Harry nodded. “There were, I don’t know, about thirty Dementors.”

Daisy eyed him skeptically. “You three got rid of thirty Dementors?”

“No,” Harry retorted angrily. "The two of us got rid of thirty Dementors.” Indicating Ginny and himself.

Daisy still looked skeptical, but pulled out a quill and form and asked, “Name?”

“What?” Harry asked.

Daisy rolled her eyes at his question. “What is your name? I need it for the form.”

“Harry Potter.”

Daisy was starting to get angry now. “Look, need your real name.”

Now it was Harry’s turn to roll his eyes. “My name really is Harry Potter,” he said as he pulled back his hair to reveal his scar. "Who the hell would want to pretend to be me?"

Daisy almost dropped her quill. “Oh, I’m sorry. I…” she trailed off and straightened up. “Sorry, can you tell me what happened?”

The three teens recounted their story while those from Magical Catastrophes set about modifying the Muggles’ memories. Harry shivered as he watched the scene play out, imagining the same thing happening to him and Ginny.

“Okay,” Daisy turned to Ginny and Hermione. “What are your names?”

“Hermione Granger.”

“Ginny Potter.”

Daisy raised her eyebrows at Ginny’s answer, but did not comment.

“Can we go now?” Harry asked.

Daisy looked over to her partner, who nodded.

Harry picked up his bag and led Hermione and Ginny to an alley off the main street. He grabbed both their hands and apparated to Grimmauld Place.

“HARRY!” Hermione yelled when they arrived. “You need to say something before you apparate us.”

Harry flashed her an annoyed look, “I wanted to get back as soon as possible. Let's go down to the kitchen and get some hot chocolate.”

A few minutes later found them sitting around the kitchen table, each clutching a mug of hot chocolate. Harry had found a hidden stash of chocolate bars that he shared with the girls.

As the warmth of the chocolate chased away the lingering chill from the Dementors, Harry and Ginny both relaxed. Harry smiled at his wife. "You did great out there, love. That's the first time you've seen a Dementor, isn't it?"

Ginny nodded as she smiled. She was happy she'd managed to produce a Patronus. Hermione kept her eyes on the table. She wasn't sure why she was having so much trouble with that spell. She'd performed it perfectly in the DA. Why was she having so much trouble with it now?

It was almost an hour later that Tonks arrived. “Harry, are you lot okay? I saw Daisy’s report.”

“Yeah, we’re fine.”

Tonks laughed. “She was so embarrassed that she didn’t recognize you. She was quite impressed with your Patronus.”

“She didn’t believe me.” Harry countered.

“Her partner, Nigel, ran some scans and determined that there were forty-five Dementors and your two Patronuses destroyed them,” Tonks explained. “That is some very powerful magic.”




As Harry was getting ready for bed that night, he was thinking over the day’s events. Remus, Bill, and Charlie had returned without incident. He thought that Hermione might be feeling badly that she wasn’t able to produce a Patronus, but he had not gotten a chance to talk to her.

He had just lay down when Ginny came out of the bathroom, he sat bolt upright. Ginny was wearing some type of green silky and black lace outfit, he had no idea what it was, but he definitely liked it.

Ginny smiled when she saw the look on his face. She walked over to the bed and looked down at him. “See something you like, Mr. Potter?”

“Ginny, you are…incredibly sexy.” Harry managed to get out.

Ginny’s smile grew wider, she pushed him back down on the pillows and climbed on the bed to straddle his hips. She sat there enjoying the feeling of him underneath her before she leaned down and kissed him. Her kiss was hot and wet, she gripped his hands and ground down on him, her hair falling in a curtain around them.

Harry lost himself in the sensations of the feel of her body against him and the feel of her tongue dancing with his. He could feel her love and desire mirroring his emotions. He freed his hands and began to make love to her in earnest.




Hermione entered the kitchen the next morning in time to see a platter of crepes join the trays of bacon, sausage, and fruit already on the table. Ginny was sitting at the table with her brothers, Remus, and Tonks.

George turned to see Hermione entering the kitchen. “Cheers, Hermione. I told you we’d have a great breakfast once Harry returned.”

Harry was just sitting down next to Ginny as Hermione sat down.

“Harry,” Hermione exclaimed looking around. “You made all of this?”

Harry smiled as he poured himself a cup of pumpkin juice. “Yeah, I like making breakfast.”

Ginny smiled and kissed him as he handed her the platter of crepes.

“Oi! Potter, that is completely unnecessary,” Fred yelled.

“What?” Ginny shot back, “Kissing my husband?”

“We just don’t want to see it.” George complained. "That's going to take a while to get used to - you being a Potter."

Harry grinned and leaned over and kissed his wife. "She is a Potter."

Hermione looked up from her crepes. “Harry, these are excellent. How did you learn to cook like this?”

Harry looked uncomfortable and looked over at Ginny before he answered, “My aunt had me start making breakfast when I was five years old.” He heard Hermione gasp but continued anyway, “I always hated making them breakfast, especially since I wasn’t always allowed to eat with them, but I like making breakfast for all of you. You all are much more my family than the Dursleys ever were.”

Remus had set his coffee cup down when Harry started talking. “Harry.”

“Remus, it’s fine. That was a long time ago,” Harry said as he gripped Ginny’s hand.

Everyone at the table had stopped eating and was watching Harry and Remus. Hermione gasped as she suddenly put together all of the little clues Harry had dropped over the years.

“Harry.” Remus knew he shouldn't ask this now, he should wait until he was alone with Harry, but he couldn't stop himself. He'd had his suspicions about how Harry's relatives treated him, but he'd always hoped that Harry would tell him if anything was wrong. He couldn’t make his voice any stronger than a whisper. “Did they ever…did he beat you?”

Harry stiffened at the question and brought Ginny closer to him, she responded by putting her free hand on his check. She whispered something to him that the others couldn’t hear. He nodded and kissed the palm of her hand.

“Yes,” Harry whispered, “ever since I can remember.” After that the words spilled out of Harry, he told them about his cousin beating up on him, his aunt’s casual cruelty, his uncle’s brutality, and the long days and nights without food or even a proper room.

By the time he finished, everyone at the table looked sick. Remus, Hermione, Tonks and Ginny all had tears in their eyes.

Remus sat staring brokenly at his godson. “Cub, why didn’t you say anything?”

Harry looked up for the first time since he started talking. “What good would it do? The last time I told someone in primary school I got locked in my cupboard for two days with no food or water. Someone at Hogwarts must have known, my first letters were addressed to me at the ‘Cupboard under the Stairs.’ Someone knew.”

Hermione got up and walked around to Harry and hugged him. “I’m sorry. I wish you would have felt safe in telling me.”

“You and Ron were my first friends, ever. I was afraid you wouldn’t want to be friends with me if you found out,” Harry told her.

He looked around at all of his friends. “I know I should have said something, but I didn’t think it would make a difference. Where would I stay? Dumbledore always insisted that I stay with my aunt for the blood protection she provided. They weren’t as bad once I started at Hogwarts.”

Remus stood up and pulled Harry into an embrace. “Harry, both Sirius and I would have taken you in. I’m sure that was part of your reason for staying silent.”

Harry nodded. “I didn’t want to risk him getting caught or turned in because of me. I was afraid he'd go after my uncle and get into more trouble. If you two put up a fight about the way I was treated, I was afraid of something happening to you.” Bitterness tinged his voice as he added, “I’m sure Dumbledore would have had no compunctions about obliviating us.”




Harry was running on his treadmill after breakfast, while Ginny was using the exercise bike. “So they use these in Muggle…what did you call them again?” she was asking.

“Gyms,” Harry replied. “What do you think? Wouldn’t this be great training for the Quidditch team? I mean when I’m at school I usually just run, but wouldn’t this be great for year round training.”

Ginny nodded. “How often do you do this?”

She listened with half an ear to Harry’s reply. She knew that after the emotional morning, Harry needed some physical exertion.

Bill, Charlie, and Tonks came into the exercise room.

“Harry,” Bill said with a wolfish grin on his face. “I hear you are really good at dueling.”

Harry smiled as he drew his wand.

Ginny watched as her husband dueled both of her older brothers and Tonks to defeat. He truly was an amazing fighter, with his lightening fast reflexes, he could throw hexes faster than either of her brothers. He knew a much wider range of hexes than Ginny knew, she would need to have him to teach her some. When Harry took down Tonks, after already defeating her brothers Ginny started cheering.

Harry bowed and laughed as he helped Tonks to her feet.

“Harry,” Tonks exclaimed, “that was great. You’ve really improved your reaction time.”

Harry nodded as he toweled the sweat off his face, “I think removing the block on my magic really helped. I can…I don’t know…feel my magic more easily. That really helps when I’m dueling.”

“Your reaction time is amazing.” Bill added. "You are really good. You know a good variety of spells and move well. Most beginning duelers forget about moving."

"Thank you." Harry turned to Ginny. “Do you want to try?”

“What?” she asked. “Duel against you?”

Harry nodded.

“After I’ve just watched you up beat my oldest brothers and an Auror?”

Harry laughed. “I’ve also fought three times today. Come on, I want to see what you’ve got.”

Never one to back down, Ginny entered the dueling arena drawing her wand as she did.

Circling Harry, she cast a tripping jinx followed by a stinging jinx. Harry countered both of these easily. He sent a jelly legs curse her way and she barely got her shield up in time. She returned with a stunning hex followed by a stinging jinx. Instead of countering them, Harry simply dodged out of the way of both.

Ginny sent a cutting hex, which she was happy to see at least clashed with his shield, followed by a babbling curse. Harry laughed and sent a trip jinx which sent her sprawling and disarmed her.

Harry went over to Ginny and helped her up. He was smiling. “You’ve got great reactions, you just need practice and to learn a few more curses.”

He leaned in close to whisper. “You did better than Ron his first try.”

Ginny smiled. “Don’t get to comfortable, Potter. I can learn this too.”

Her brothers laughed and Harry smiled. “I have no doubts love.”

Nodding to the others, Harry headed for the door. “I’m going to go take a shower. I’ll see you all in a little bit.”




Harry was just standing under the shower letting the hot water pound into his muscles, he was truly impressed with Ginny. With some training, she would be really good. The noise of the shower drowned out the click of the door opening.

Ginny slipped into the steamy bathroom and quickly stripped off her workout clothes. Taking a deep breath, Ginny slipped into the shower with her startled husband.

“I thought you could use some help,” Ginny said as she ran her hand down his chest.

Harry gaped at her briefly before pulling into a hot, hungry kiss. Ginny pushed him away slightly. “You need to let me help you,” She said teasingly.

Ginny reached for the soap and lathering up her hands as Harry watched her with anticipation. She walked around behind him and soaped up his back, rubbing his back and sides ever widening circles. Ginny stood up on her tip toes and cleaned his neck.

“Get your hair wet,” she whispered. Harry obediently wet his hair, he hung his head a little to make it easier for her to reach. Ginny poured a small amount of shampoo on her hand and worked it into his hair, when she was finished she gently pushed him under the water. Harry quickly got the soap out of his hair and turned back to Ginny. She gently cleaned his chest, arms and abs, as she reached out for more soap Harry stopped her. She looked up into his blazing green eyes.

“Can I wash you? I want to wash your hair, before -” Harry broke off as he kissed her.

Ginny smiled and handed him the soap. Harry gently cleaned her back. He washed her hair, reveling in the feel of her hair in his hands. He turned her slightly after rinsing off her hair and kissed her neck as he began to gently clean her breasts. He took his time, massaging and arousing her as he did so. As the water flowed down, he moved his hands lower to her abdomen, running his hands over the flat planes of her abdomen.

The water ran cold long before Harry and Ginny were done in the shower. Afterwards, Harry helped Ginny towel off. He kissed her softly. “I love you.”

He pulled on fresh boxers and pulled her into his arms. “I could never have done what I did this morning without knowing you would love me no matter what I told them.”

Ginny snuggled into his embrace. “I’m glad you told them.”

He led her to the bed. “Come lay down with me for a bit. I’m tired.”

Ginny laughed. “Who wore you out, my brothers or me?”

Harry just smiled and wrapped his arms around her. Together they drifted off to sleep.




Ron waited until early afternoon when his mother had left to go shopping down in the village. He had been thinking about what he needed to do for days. He walked over to the fireplace and flooed to Diagon Alley.

Ron walked quickly down the street towards his brothers’ shop. He knew that the twins knew something. He figured they were his best bet to get in touch with Harry. Since the summer after his 5th year, Diagon Alley had become more grim. Shops were closed, either abandoned or sold; the owners either fleeing or worse, disappearing. A few new shops and carts had sprung up purporting to sell security or safety devices, but in reality most of them were a scam. Ron hurried as he neared the twins shop, it was easily the most colorful and cheerful place on the alley.

Pushing open the door, he entered the shop. They twins seemed to be doing a brisk business, Verity was working the register and George was on the floor helping customers. George looked up as Ron walked in, Ron walked over to his brother.

George finished helping a group of young boys with the skiving snackboxes before turning to his brother.

“Ron, what a surprise to see you here.”

“I need to talk to Harry, do you know where he is?” Ron asked.

George looked up at the register. “Verity, I’ll be in the back.”

“Very good, Mr. Weasley,” she replied.

George gestured for Ron to follow him into the back room, they walked past the roped off serious defense section to the twins’ office in the back.

Once they’d reached the office, George set a privacy charm and to Ron’s surprise a Muffliato as well. He hadn't realized that George even knew that spell. George turned back to Ron. “Why do you want to see Harry?”

“I need to talk to him,” Ron replied.

George looked at his younger brother. “Why?”

“What does it matter to you? I just need to talk to him.”

“He knows,” George told him softly.

Ron’s blood ran cold with that statement, but he forced himself to ask scornfully. “What do you mean he knows, knows what?”

George surveyed his younger brother with a mixture of anger and pity. “You know what I mean.”

With that George walked over to the fireplace, threw in some floo powder and yelled something Ron couldn’t understand. Ron could only hear George’s side of the conversation, but Ron thought George may have been talking to one of their other brothers. After a few minutes George drew his head out of the fireplace and turned to Ron. “I’m going to take you to Harry’s house. It is under a Fidelius so you can’t go through on your own.”

Ron nodded his understanding, he was familiar with the Fidelius charm.

“You do understand that there are a lot of people angry with you, right?” George asked him.

Ron had rarely seen his brother so serious. “What do you mean? I thought I was going to see Harry.”

“You’ll see Harry, but Hermione, Bill and Charlie are all staying there. As well as…well, I’ll let them explain it to you. Come on.”

Together the two brothers flooed to Grimmauld Place.




As Ron stepped out of the fireplace, he recognized the kitchen at Grimmauld Place. He hadn’t been here since the Christmas his father was in St. Mungo’s. He looked around curiously, it looked much cleaner since the last time he was here.

George led him up the stairs to a room Ron had never been in before, it appeared to be a study. On the wall was a carving of two entwined snakes. George directed him to sit on the bench that faced the rest of the room. Ron was starting to get nervous, he had hoped to speak Harry alone. Harry would be angry, but surely he wouldn’t stay angry. When Ron had gotten jealous of Harry being in the Tri-Wizard tournament in 4th year and hadn’t spoken to him for over a month; Harry forgave him easily. He was hoping this would be the same. He thought about what George had said, who else could be angry at him?

Ron looked up when he heard footsteps coming down the hall. Nervously he waited and the door opened. It was Harry and with him to Ron’s surprise was Ginny. They were both silent as they entered the room and closed the door. Oh crap, this can’t be good, thought Ron.

“Ron,” Harry broke the silence.

“Harry, Ginny.” Ron replied nervously. The silence was too much for him, looking at Harry he made his plea. “Mate, I’m sorry about all this. My mum thought we needed to protect Ginny.”

“Protect me?” Ginny asked in a deadly quiet voice. “What were you protecting me from?”

Ron looked at her puzzled. “Well…you know…your first year…and…”

He trailed off. Why was it so important to protect her? She didn’t look like she needed protection now. He might need protection from her, but she was fine.

“No, Ron we don’t know, that is what we are waiting for you to tell us.” Harry shot back.

Ron stared at them and tried again. “I didn’t know at first what had happened. I only found out last summer.” When no one started yelling at him, he continued, “I was talking to Ginny by the pond and telling her it wasn’t fair that you couldn’t come for the summer after…Sirius and all. I remember getting angry at her because she didn’t understand who I was talking about. As soon as I said ‘Harry Potter’, Mum comes running out of the house and obliviates Ginny.”

Ron stood up and started pacing. “I was horrified, how could she do that — to her own daughter? Mum broke through whatever charms had been placed on my memory and suddenly I remembered about the Chamber of Secrets and I remembered the summer after.”

Ron turned to face Ginny. “Do you remember what you were like? You weren’t eating, you weren’t sleeping, you were having these horrible nightmares, and on top of everything you kept asking for Harry.”

“SO WHY DIDN’T ANYONE LET ME SEE HIM?” Ginny shouted. “ALL I ASKED FOR WAS HARRY. IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN DAD A FEW MINUTES TO GET HIM, BUT NO ONE WOULD GET HIM!”

Ron seemed a bit taken aback by his sister’s anger, he’d never seen her so angry before. “What are you talking about? What difference would Harry make?”

Ginny didn’t respond, but Harry feeling a spike in her anger said, “So what happened after you remembered the Chamber of Secrets and that summer?”

“Mum explained how they thought it was best to obliviate Ginny. They had done some kind of…I don’t know memory charms or something on the rest of us so we wouldn’t think about it. I guess they wouldn’t work on you…you were too powerful so Dumbledore obliviated you as well.”

“AND YOU DIDN’T THINK THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THAT?” Harry yelled, “I SAVED HER LIFE AND I GOT PUNISHED FOR THAT?”

“I know, I know, mate. I pointed that out to my Mum, but Ginny was a mess that summer. Mum and Dad were so worried about her. She was losing weight, she wasn’t sleeping, she looked horrible.” Ron rushed in when Harry stopped yelling.

“MAYBE IF WE HAD ACTUALLY PAID ATTENTION TO HER AT ALL DURING HER FIRST YEAR, NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED! WE IGNORED HER ALL YEAR!” No matter what Ginny said, Harry still felt guilty about that.

“Yes, but…” Ron trailed off when he saw the fire in both their eyes. This was not going at all the way he planned. “Guys, I didn’t know what they were planning to do. I was only twelve years old. Once they decided to obliviate the two of you, the memory charms on the rest of us kicked in.”

Gathering his courage Ron continued, “After Mum unblocked my memory, she explained what had happened. She said it was important not to remind Ginny about that summer or anything about her first year and that she was afraid that seeing Harry would mess up what they had done. She was really upset that we couldn’t help you out more, mate. She said she wished you could have come to the World Cup and spent time at our house, but she had to make a choice — you or Ginny.”

“AND YOU BELIEVED HER?” Ginny was beside herself with fury. “BECAUSE OF HER HARRY HAD TO SPEND….HE DIDN’T DESERVE…WE ABANDONED HIM”

Ron faltered under his sister’s anger. “No, don’t you see…Harry was fine…” Ron trailed off as he watched Ginny draw her wand.

“I’m not even going to talk about what your parents did, there is no excuse for the way they treated us. Why didn’t you tell me?” Harry asked. “I thought we were best mates,” Harry added softly.

“Well, what was the point? It was in the past so why bring it up again? Mum thought it would traumatize both of you to remember, so she asked me to let her or Professor Dumbledore know if you seemed like you were starting to remember.” Ron finished uncomfortably.

“You didn’t think that a year out of my life was important for me to remember? You didn’t think Ginny was important enough to remember?” Harry asked icily.

“Well…” Ron didn’t know what to say.

“So did he remember?” Ginny asked.

“What?” Ron asked.

“Did he remember anything you needed to tell someone about?” Ginny asked.

“Well just…He was having a nightmare one night, he woke up yelling. I was afraid maybe it was something bad again, so I asked him.” Ron looked up at Harry. “You seemed kind of out of it still and you said something about an angel. I asked you what you were talking about — you described Ginny.”

“What?!” Harry exclaimed, he didn’t remember this at all.

“Yeah, it freaked me out. I wrote to Mum the next morning. You got called to Professor Dumbledore’s office that evening. I didn’t really think much of it, you were taking lessons with him after all. You asked Susan Bones out the next day. I thought that was kind of strange, you never mentioned her before.”

Harry froze. “What did they do? Did they give me a love potion or something?”

The door opened behind them, Ron got a little scared when he saw who was there. His older brothers — Bill, Charlie, Fred, and George, as well as Hermione and Remus Lupin all entered the room.

Bill eyed Ron with contempt. “What have you done?”

Hermione looked at Ron as if she didn’t even know him. “I can’t believe you. I thought it was strange Harry asking Susan out so suddenly, he’d never looked twice at her before. I know she’d had a crush on him for ages, but he was completely oblivious to her.”

Harry looked at Hermione and then Ginny. “That must be why…When I was dating her, some days she was all I could think about, but when I was with her — she wasn’t…” He looked at Ginny. “She wasn’t you.”

“Harry, I’m sorry. I thought I was helping.” Ron thought that if he could just get through to Harry, the rest would come along. To his shock Harry pulled Ginny into a rather intimate embrace and kissed her briefly on the lips. Ron stole a quick look at his brothers, none of them seemed shocked or upset by this.

“I can’t do this right now,” Harry said. He could feel Ginny’s anger feeding into his own. He was afraid if he didn’t get out of there, he would do something he would regret.

Harry and Ginny stood and walked to the door, before he left Harry turned to Remus. “You explain it to him.”

Harry and Ginny left, Ron looked at the others. Fear and uncertainty showed on his face, he wondered if anyone else would see his side of things.

Remus turned to Ron. “Harry and your sister have a soul bond. The reason she was asking to see him is because he could help her. The night we returned here, they broke through their memory charm. He was able to help her cope with her memories. If someone had listened to them four years ago, a lot of this mess could have been avoided.”

“What? I thought soul bonds were…made up. How…” Ron’s mind was a whirl.

“You asked what was the point of bringing up the past…I’m not going to explain it to you now, but it is very important.” Remus continued as though he did not hear Ron’s sputtering questions.

Bill spoke up for the first time. “Harry was right, if you hadn’t ignored Ginny her first year, this may not have even happened. I know you are not responsible for what Mum and Dad and the others decided after the Chamber, but when you didn’t say anything about Mum obliviating Ginny you made a choice. Why didn’t you send me an owl? Why didn’t you tell Harry?”

George chimed in. “Your best mate describes your sister as an angel in a dream and all you do is tell Mum?”

“You knew what he felt for Susan wasn’t real,” Hermione broke in. “I didn’t know what was going on, but I could see him fighting his attraction to her. I even went to Professor Dumbledore and told him I thought Susan was using a love potion. He thanked me and assured me he would look into it. I never thought he was the one administering the love potion.”

“But…I was just trying to protect Ginny. Mum said she needed our protection.” Ron was feeling outnumbered as he tried to justify himself to his brothers.

Charlie looked disgusted. “She did need your protection, five years ago. Not now. She is more than capable of looking out for herself now.”

“Ron,” Remus broke in. “You need to understand what you did was wrong. Until you realize that and try to make amends, I don’t think either Harry or Ginny will be talking to you.”




Harry followed Ginny down to the training room, she slammed the door shut. He watched silently for a moment as she started working out her aggressions on the training dummies before joining her.

Harry demolished several training dummies before pausing to take a breath. He was still angry, but not all of his anger was aimed at Ron. He was angry on so many levels — he was angry at the way he and Ginny had been treated, he was angry at Dumbledore, and he was even a little irritated with Susan. He wasn’t sure how much she knew, but he was still angry with her.

He turned to watch Ginny and he was mesmerized. She was beautiful, her eyes were bright with anger, there were spots of color on her cheeks, and her hair was flying all around her as she dueled with her opponent. He laughed silently at the stream of curses coming from her — she was definitely a force to be reckoned with.

Slightly calmer, Harry conjured up a punching bag. His cousin had used one the past few years and Harry would sneak out an use it when no one was home. It was great for working out your anger. Harry stripped off his sweat drenched t-shirt and began punching the bag.

Ginny felt the waves of anger coming from Harry lessen. She looked over to see he was…what was he doing? Beating up on a…something, she had no idea what it was. She stopped dueling to watch him, he was amazing. His movements were graceful and looked…lethal. She could see the play of his muscles as he attacked the thing in front of him. Her anger subsiding a bit, Ginny began jogging on the treadmill and watching Harry at the same time. Ginny was about to suggest they go to their room when she heard both the flare of the floo and the crash that usually accompanied Tonks.

“Is anyone home?” Tonks yelled.

Harry and Ginny both stopped their workout. Harry grabbed a towel and threw another one to Ginny and they walked through the door to the kitchen. Harry heard the sound of footsteps running down the stairs.

“Hey, Tonks.” Harry greeted her as they entered the room. He grabbed some cold bottles of water from the pantry as he waited to hear what had happened.

Tonks was still in her Auror robes indicating she had flooed straight from the Ministry, something she seldom did.

Tonks turned when she heard Harry behind her.

“Harry, Gawain Robards has just issued a warrant for your arrest.” Ignoring the questions that rose around her, Tonks continued, “They are charging you with the kidnapping of Ginny.”
Reviews 410
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear