Search:

SIYE Time:22:49 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Remember
By potterfan2008

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 410
Summary: The summer after the Chamber of Secrets was hard on everyone. How come no one can remember what happened? Prior to starting his seventh year at Hogwarts, Harry realizes he is missing some memories from his second year. Together with Remus Lupin, Harry sets out to discover what happened. He hopes to find out about that pretty red head he has been dreaming about as well.
Hitcount: Story Total: 353544; Chapter Total: 11900
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


A momentary silence greeted Tonks’s announcement.

“What?” Ginny was the first to break the silence.

“I think Robards is using it as an excuse to bring Harry in. He has been searching for Harry for days, I don’t know why. I thought he wanted to find you to ensure you were safe, but now I don’t think so. He was quite angry with Daisy that she didn’t bring you in, when she interviewed you,” Tonks explained.

“I haven’t done anything wrong,” Harry protested. “Ginny is my wife.”

“I gave my name as Ginny Potter when I talked to Daisy.”

“No one believed you,” Tonks replied.

As a low murmur of conversation broke out, Harry pulled Ginny into a whispered conversation.

Harry looked over at Bill. “Bill, I have an idea, but I need your help.”

Bill walked over to Harry and Ginny. “Of course, whatever I can do to help.”

Harry quickly outlined his plan. Bill looked at Ginny. “Is this what you want to do?”

Ginny nodded. “Yes.”

Bill nodded. “I’ll go now.”

He kissed his sister on the cheek and clapped Harry on the shoulder before leaving.




Ron fell back and watched everyone rally around Harry and Ginny. He felt a little awkward and out of place so he tried to fade into the background. After Bill left, Ron felt Harry’s gaze on him.

“Ron!” Harry called out.

Ron walked over to Harry. “Come with me,” Harry beckoned him into a room adjacent to the kitchen.

As Ron walked in, he could see it was set up as a dueling arena and there were some Muggle machines against the wall. He thought they had something to do with exercise. Harry had told him all about the room, but Ron wasn't overly interested in exercise so he hadn't paid as much attention as perhaps he should have.

“Do you have your wand?” Harry asked Ron.

Ron nodded and pulled out his wand. Harry gestured him to the opposite side of the arena and bowed to him.

Crack!

Before Ron was even aware of what was happening, he was sent flying by Harry’s Disarming Curse. As he retrieved his wand, Ron groaned inwardly — he knew he was in for a long afternoon.




Hermione watched Ron disappear into the training room with Harry. She hoped they would be able to work things out. Hermione made her way up to the library where she had been reading one of the books on the Iceni.

To her surprise, Remus was already there, he looked up and smiled. “Hi, Hermione. Have you made any progress?”

Hermione shook her head. “I’ve seen references to the stone, but only in passing. I haven’t even come across a description of the stone much-less any descriptions or hints of where it might be hidden.”

Remus nodded. “Have you looked at the books we brought back from Diagon Alley?”

“Not yet,” Hermione replied. “I wanted to be sure I was done with these Muggle books first.”

The two read in a companionable silence for a time, Hermione looked over at Remus. “Remus.”

He looked up.

“Did you hear what happened with the Dementors?” she asked with difficulty.

Remus’s warm eyes assessed her before answering. “I heard what Dora had been told by Daisy. Why don’t you tell me your version?”

Hermione looked down at the table. “I felt the chill before I realized the Dementors were even there. Harry had already drawn his wand by the time I even thought to pull mine. I tried to focus on a happy thought, but nothing came to mind. All I could hear was the stupid Basilisk slithering towards me. Why do I have such problems? Harry and Ginny have been through much worse than me and they didn’t have any trouble producing a Patronus.”

Remus reached over and covered her hand with his. “Hermione, you need to stop beating yourself up about this. The Patronus Charm is a very advanced NEWT level charm. There are many adult witches and wizards who cannot produce a Patronus. The fact that Harry could produce a Patronus at thirteen is astonishing. Harry and Ginny are both very powerful. Harry is especially gifted in Defense. You have other strengths. You are much better with Transfiguration and Charms.”

Hermione looked up at Remus. “I just…I want to be able to help. With everything that is going on, I want to be someone Harry can count on. How can he count on me if I can’t even defend myself?”

Remus smiled. “Harry does depend on you. He depends on your advice, he depends on your keen mind and research abilities. Harry needs each of us to use whatever strengths we have to help him get through this mess and defeat Voldemort.”

Hermione smiled at that. “I guess that is true. I…It’s just I’ve been able to perform the Patronus before.”

“You’ve had a lot of emotional upheaval recently and it is much different performing the charm in a classroom than performing the charm while facing Dementors. You need to give yourself a break. Why don't you practice the charm here? It will help you feel more confident if you need to cast it facing Dementors.”




Harry grabbed a towel and wiped the sweat from his face. He and Ron had long since lost their shirts. Harry had a cut running down in arm from a well-placed Cutting Curse as well as various cuts and bruises from their duel. Ron’s left eye was swollen and unless he was mistaken would be quite a shiner. Like Harry, he had various cuts and bruises and a bloody nose.

Harry looked over at Ron. “You need to understand how much it hurt that my best mate did not have my back on this. I know you were worried about Ginny, but I love Ginny and I would never hurt her.”

Ron bowed his head. “I know I let you down…I really am sorry.”

Harry regarded him for another minute. “Is there anything you haven’t told me?”

Ron told him about the trip to Dumbledore’s office.

“So they still want to break up me and Ginny?” Harry asked.

Ron nodded. “Dad argued with them, saying there was no reason to obliviate you two any longer. He seemed really happy with the idea of you two together, but Mum and Dumbledore seem determine to keep the two of you apart.”

“What about you?” Harry asked.

Ron looked puzzled. “What do you mean?”

“What do you think of me and Ginny?” Harry asked.

Ron paused before answering, realizing that a lot was riding on his answer. “I think the two of you look happier than I’ve ever seen you look.”

“I know you want me to say everything is okay, but I can’t,” Harry said. “You were one of my first friends and I don’t want to give up on you, but I can’t trust you. Right now I really need people whom I can trust. There are too many things going on, trusting the wrong person could get me or someone I love killed. I will not risk Ginny for anyone.”

Ron looked at the floor, nodding.

Harry stood and held his hand out to Ron, “Come on, you can get cleaned up.”




Later that night, Harry was getting ready for bed. After the emotional events of the past week, everyone had spent the evening quietly at home. Ron had stayed through dinner, but thought he should go back to the Burrow.

Harry stifled his laughter as he remembered the look on Ron’s face as Ginny hit him with the Bag-Bogey Hex just before he stepped through the floo. As he entered the bedroom, he saw Ginny was already in bed. At first he thought she was asleep, but as he climbed in bed he realized she was crying.

Harry reached out and pulled Ginny into his arms. He held her quietly as she cried in his arms. As her tears slowed, Ginny lifted her head from his chest. “It…I…I miss my parents. I miss being able to talk to my Mum about whatever and listening to my Dad go on about whatever Muggle contraption he found. It makes me sad and angry at the same time that I can’t even talk to them right now.”

Harry nodded just listening to her. She continued, “I know it’s stupid, but my birthday is on Monday and I want to be able to celebrate it with my whole family — you, my brothers, and my parents.”

“In some ways, I want to go back to how things were at the beginning of the summer, but with you also. I want us to be able to go to the Burrow for Sunday dinner, I want to go shopping with my Mum.”

Harry kissed her softly on top of the head. “We can’t go back to how things were, but that doesn’t mean those things can’t happen someday. If we can get through this, maybe we can build a real relationship with your parents. One without the lies and hidden past, a relationship built on trust and love.”

Ginny didn’t reply, but put her head down on his chest. Harry held her until she fell asleep.




Potter-Weasley Wed

Kidnapping Hoax Revealed

By Rita Skeeter

Yesterday in a shocking move, the Department of Law Enforcement issued an arrest warrant for the Chosen One, Harry Potter, for the kidnapping of Miss Ginevra “Ginny” Weasley. Miss Weasley, 15, and Mr Potter, 17, made headlines last week with their romance that had blossomed while they were attending Quidditch camp together.

Last night, Miss Weasley’s oldest brother, Bill, came forward with startling new information. Miss Weasley and Mr Potter are in fact married. The couple were married by virtue of a soul bond. The certificate of bonding was filed at the Ministry of Magic on July 28, 1997.

Soul bonds are exceedingly rare, the Potters are the first soul bonded couple in over 150 years. In addition to the soul bond, the Potters participated in a bonding ceremony on August 4, 1997. Mr Weasley stated that when Mrs Potter left France, her passport had already been changed. The French Ministry of Magic confirms they received documentation of the soul bond on July 28 and Mrs Potter’s passport was automatically changed.

Given this recent information, why was a warrant issued for Mr Potter’s arrest? Mr Weasley expressed his concern over the error and his confidence that the matter will be thoroughly investigated.


A picture of a radiant Harry and Ginny during their bonding ceremony accompanied the article.




Arthur smiled sadly as he gazed at the picture of his radiant daughter. She looked so in love and so happy. He looked over at Molly who seemed to be in shock.

“Molly,” Arthur said, “this has to end.”

Arthur summoned a fresh piece of parchment and a quill.




Gawain Robards walked hesitantly towards the Minister’s office. He had been summoned out of bed at 6am when the advance copies of the Daily Prophet were delivered. The Minister’s secretary looked up when he entered the suite. “You can go right in.” she said in a voice full of pity.

Rufus Scrimgeour looked up when Robards walked in. “What the bloody hell happened?”

“Sir-”

“Did you even bother to investigate before you issued that warrant?”

“Sir-”

“THEY ARE MARRIED! DID ANYONE BOTHER TO CHECK THE FACTS?! WE LOOK LIKE IDIOTS!”

Robards took a deep breath. “Sir, I have been under orders to bring Harry Potter in as soon as possible. When Ginny Weasley turned up in his company, it seemed like an easy way to bring him in.”

Scrimgeour turned with a look of disgust on his face. “I understand she identified herself as Ginny Potter.”

“Yes, sir.” Robards responded, “I did a cursory check of the marriage records, but apparently soul bonds are registered a little differently.”

“Well, now the public will not take us seriously.” Scrimgeour turned to face the portraits of past Ministers on the wall. “We need Potter. The people think of him as the Chosen One. I want him here, we can train him and help him to face He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.”

“Face He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named? That is why you want him brought in?” Robards exclaimed.

Scrimgeour took a deep breath and in a calmer voice. “Sit down, Gawain.”

Robards sat down and he saw the toll that the office of Minister and the war was taking on his old friend.

“You-Know-Who will destroy our society if we let him. He has gained enough of a foothold as it is,” Scrimgeour explained, “Harry Potter may be one of the few people capable of killing him. You saw what he did at Hogwarts, can you imagine how good he would be with training? I've spoken to several Unspeakables who confirm there was a prophecy regarding Potter and You-Know-Who. The Unspeakable who recorded the prophecy confirmed that Potter is indeed the 'Chosen One' as reported in the papers. Dumbledore has known this for years and has done nothing to train the boy. We need to make sure he is trained properly so he can deal with this situation.”

Robards nodded. He was rather shocked that the Minister was considering placing all the responsibilty for the war on a seventeen year old boy, but he knew better than to voice his concerns. “He could be a formidable opponent.”

“We need to have him under our control. It would be disastrous if he were killed before he faced You-Know-Who,” Scrimgeour declared.

“What do we do?” Robards asked.

“I don’t know. Narcissa Malfoy is in here almost every day asking why Harry hasn’t been arrested for the murder of her son, I had considered bringing him in for questioning. But now,” he glared at Robards, “I don’t think that will work.”

“But that was clearly self defense, both Potter’s and Dumbledore’s memories confirm that Malfoy attacked them and attempted to use an Unforgivable on Potter.” Robards answered, clearly surprised. “Not to mention the fact that Malfoy was a Death Eater, the Dark Mark was clearly visible on his arm as it was on Snape's.”

“I know,” Scrimgeour said wearily, “but all I need is a reasonable pretext to bring him in.”




Harry woke up in the late morning, he was surprised that Ginny was already up. After his shower, he started downstairs. On the first landing, he ran into Ginny.

“Good morning, love.”

Ginny smiled and grabbed Harry by the tee shirt and pulled him in close. “Good morning, my love.”

She pulled his head down and kissed him. Harry pulled her in closer, running his hand through her hair and cradling the back of her head. Ginny deepened the kiss, her tongue exploring his mouth and her hands wandering.

Ginny pulled away and looked up at Harry. “Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For being there for me,” Ginny replied.

Harry smiled and kissed her softy. “I love you. I’ll always be there for you.”

Charlie looked up when he saw his sister and her husband coming into the kitchen.

“Good morning, guys,” Charlie called out.

Harry and Ginny greeted her brother.

Harry grabbed some coffee and a roll and Ginny grabbed some fruit and toast before joining the others at the table.

Hermione, Charlie and Remus were lingering over their breakfast.

“Good morning, Harry.” Hermione greeted him. She slid the Daily Prophet in front of him. Harry smiled when he saw the picture of he and Ginny.

“That was a great idea. It will hopefully make them think twice before they try something like that again,” Hermione said.

Harry grimaced as he passed the paper over to Ginny, “It hasn’t worked yet, until I hear the warrant has been canceled I won’t be able to relax.”

“So have you heard from Tonks this morning?” Harry asked after greeting Remus.

“Not yet, but I expect she will come around for lunch,” Remus replied. “Bill went to Gringotts to get the information you wanted, he should be back soon.”

Harry nodded. “Good. I’m tired of not knowing what is going on.”

“Harry, would you mind if I check out some of the other rooms?” Charlie asked. “Remus told me that they haven’t gotten to the rooms above the second floor except for yours.”

Harry shook his head. “Not a problem. Just be careful, we’ve found all sorts of things up there.”

“Can I come with you? I want to check out these rooms too,” Ginny said.

Charlie looked at her with a slightly amused expression on his face. “Isn’t this your house? Why are you asking me if you can come?”

Ginny made a face at her brother. “I meant, do you want some company?”

“In that case, I would love the presence of your company while I explore your husband’s dusty old house.” Charlie laughed and grabbed the roll she’d thrown at him.

After Ginny and Charlie left, Harry turned to Remus and Hermione. “Do you want to go back to the Chamber and see if there’s anything else down there about the prophecy or the stone?”

As they entered the darkened stairwell, Harry tried the spell Ginny had taught him. He smiled in satisfaction as all of the candles lit up. The three of them entered the hidden room and Hermione and Remus headed straight for the bookshelves along the far wall. Harry decided to take another look at the artifacts on display.




Charlie looked over at Ginny as they left the kitchen. “So where do you want to start?”

Ginny thought about it and replied, “We might as well start at the top and work our way down, wouldn’t you say?”

“Sounds good to me,” Charlie replied. He watched his sister as they climbed to the fourth floor. “Are you happy, Ginny?”

Ginny stopped as they reached the top floor to look at her brother. “What do you mean? I’m mad as hell at Mum and Dad if that’s what you mean.”

“No,” Charlie shifted uncomfortably. “I meant about you and Harry.”

Ginny smiled, “I know it must seem strange and I'm sure to everyone else it seems sudden, but you have to remember we've been meeting in our dreams for the past four years. We know each other very well. But to put your mind at ease, yes, I am very happy with Harry. He…I…he understands me. I’ve dated other guys and they always wanted to protect me. Luc was probably the worst, he wanted me to concentrate on shopping and Quidditch and not worry about the real world. He didn’t even want me to concentrate too much on Quidditch because it was such a rough game. Harry lets me be myself, but at the same time if I needed him, he would be there.”

Charlie nodded. “I was surprised when he wanted to duel you. I can’t imagine wanting to duel someone I care about, but watching him…it was like he was assessing what your weaknesses are so he could help you.”

“That’s what I mean. When we saw the Dementors, he didn’t try to shove me out of the way, he let me help,” Ginny responded. “He taught me how to produce a Patronus. Fred and George had tried to show me, but I couldn’t get it. One time trying with him and I could produce a Patronus.”

“What’s your Patronus?” Charlie asked as they wandered down the hallway.

Ginny blushed slightly. “It’s a doe.”

Charlie rolled his eyes, but didn’t say anything. Looking around he said, “Where do you want to start?”

Ginny pointed to a room labeled. ‘Do Not Enter Without the Express Permission of Regulus Arcturus Black.’ “Why not start with this one?”

Charlie nodded and pushed open the door, the room was decorated in Slytherin colors of silver and emerald. “Who is Regulus Arcturus Black?” Charlie asked.

“Sirius’s younger brother,” Ginny answered. She made a face as she looked around the room. The Black family crest and motto were hand painted on the wall above the bed, just beneath them were press clippings about Voldemort. “He was obviously a Death Eater.”

Charlie nodded as he looked around. “What happened to him? I mean, he is dead right? Or else Harry couldn’t have inherited the house.”

Ginny nodded. “I don’t know much about him, but he died during Voldemort’s first reign. I’m not sure how.”

Charlie looked around the room. “Do you want to box up his belongings?” he asked.

“Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. We can box it up and put it up in the attic for now,” Ginny replied.

Charlie conjured up a few boxes and the siblings began packing Regulus’s belongings into the boxes.

Ginny had opened the last drawer when she felt it. Pure Evil, she stepped back; she could feel waves of cold, clawing evil coming from whatever was in the drawer.

“Ginny, what’s wrong?” Charlie cried.

Ginny did not reply, but reached into the drawer and pulled out a large golden locket. It was engraved with a large stylized S inlaid with green gems. As Ginny picked it up, she turned to Charlie with a look of horror in her eyes.

Crack!

Harry apparated into the room behind Ginny. “What’s wrong, baby?”

Ginny mutely held out the locket to Harry. He took the locket, recognizing it from the memories Dumbledore had shared with him. Harry swore softly and cast a Containment Charm around the locket.

Ginny immediately relaxed. She asked, “Is this one of those things you told me about?”

“A Horcrux? Yeah, I think so.” Harry replied. He examined the locket through the Containment Charm.

“Harry!” Hermione’s voice was heard echoing up the stairs.

Charlie opened the door, walked to the stairs and yelled, “Up here!”

Taking advantage of Charlie’s absence, Harry pulled Ginny into his arms. “Are you okay? I could just feel these waves of horror. I was scared to death.”

Ginny stood on her toes buried her head in his neck. “I’m okay now. I can’t…feel that thing now. All I could feel was pure, cold evil.”

Harry nodded as he held her tight, he kissed her on top of the head.

Ginny looked up at him. “How did you know where I was?”

He looked down at her puzzled for a moment. “I don’t know. I felt…horror and…fear, I just needed to be with you. I somehow knew where you were.”

“Maybe that’s like being able to sense each other’s emotions, maybe we can just find each other,” Ginny suggested.

Harry smiled, “Like radar.”

“What?” Ginny asked.

“It’s a Muggle thing. I just mean I can find you,” Harry said.

“Harry!” Hermione burst into the room. “What happened?”

“What do you mean?” Harry asked an innocent look on his face.

Hermione pierced him with a glare. “One minute you were looking into the display cases, then you yell Ginny’s name and disappeared.”

Remus and Charlie entered the room and Harry looked at them before answering. “I don’t know exactly, but look at what Ginny found.”

Harry held out the locket. Hermione gasped, “Is that…?” she trailed off as she looked around at everyone in the room.

Harry looked around. “I think this is a Horcrux.”

“What is a Horcrux?” Remus asked.

“A Horcrux is a something which can be used to house a piece of a Dark Wizard's soul and is used to achieve immortality. Voldemort created some. Last year during my lessons with Dumbledore, we explored Voldemort’s past. Dumbledore theorized that Voldemort had created two Horcruxes — from the Gaunt family ring and cup that once belonged to Helga Hufflepuff. Both of those were destroyed.” Harry explained.

He looked around at the expressions of horror on everyone’s face. “So is that how he survived?” Remus breathed.

Harry nodded. “When my Mum…died for me, she provided a protection for me. Voldemort’s killing curse rebounded back onto him. His Horcruxes enabled him to survive. Dumbledore told me that only after all of his Horcruxes were destroyed would Voldemort be able to be killed.”

“I thought you said there were only two of them,” Ginny said.

“That’s what Dumbledore told me, but the…evil emanating from the locket, makes me think it is a Horcrux,” Harry answered.

“How do you destroy a Horcrux?” Charlie asked.

“You can’t destroy it with any mechanical means. You can’t crush it or tear it or anything like that. When creating a Horcrux, the Dark Wizard uses all sorts of enchantments to protect them. So in order to destroy a Horcrux you need to use something from which it can’t repair itself. The other two were destroyed with the sword of Gryffindor,” Harry explained.

“So we need to get our hands on that sword,” Remus stated.




Remus and Hermione had returned to the hidden chamber to continue their search for information. Charlie, Harry and Ginny finished packing up Regulus’s room. Harry vanished the Voldemort clippings and looked around the room.

“So what do you want to do with this room?” Harry asked Ginny.

Before she could answer they heard Bill yelling up the stairs. “Hello! Is anyone home?”

The three of them moved to the stairs. “We’re on our way down, Bill.”

They settled in the library as Hermione and Remus joined them from the chamber. Ginny summoned Butterbeer for everyone.

Bill handed Harry a thick roll of parchment. “This the account summary from both of your accounts.” Bill turned to Ginny. “Your name was automatically added to his account when your soul bond was registered.”

Harry unrolled the parchment. There were two sheets, one for the trust vault and one for his family vault. He looked over the information and looked at Bill. “Can you explain this to me?”

Bill nodded. “Your trust vault is very straightforward. It maintains a balance of $1,000 Galleons at all times. After you’ve pulled out money for the year and after your tuition is paid, the vault is replenished from the family vault.”

“Okay, what about the family vault?”

“That is a bit more complicated. The contents of the Black family vault were added to the Potter family vault last summer. A summary of the combined vaults was sent to your residence after the reading of Sirius’s will. I’m not sure why you did not get that, but Gringott’s is looking into it. You inherited two residences, 12 Grimmauld Place and a house in Godric’s Hollow.”

Harry gasped. “But…I thought it was destroyed when…my parents were killed.”

“No the house wasn’t destroyed, just the…just your room,” Remus answered.

Harry swallowed and grabbed onto Ginny’s hand. “Okay, go on.”

“Both vaults contain a fair amount of jewelry,” Bill handed them a list of jewelry — pendants, necklaces, rings, and bracelets — almost one hundred pieces in all.

“The Black vault contained almost 10 million Galleons, it was added to the 15 million Galleons in the Potter vault. The investments made by your parents and grandparents have been making regular deposits into your vault.” Bill paused. “There have been some regular withdrawals from the vault.”

Harry looked up at that statement. “What withdrawals?”

Bill swallowed. “Well, first your trust vault was replenished.” Harry nodded. Bill continued, “There was a small stipend of 50 Galleons a month that was paid to your aunt and uncle.”

“WHAT?!” Harry, Ginny and Remus all yelled at the same time.

“Who authorized that?” Remus asked angrily.

“Dumbledore.” Bill answered, “When he left Harry with the Dursleys, he arranged for the stipend to be sent to them starting in November of 1981.”

Harry swore loudly. “What the bloody hell?! All those years they complained about having to feed, clothe and house me without any compensation and they were getting paid the whole time?”

Bill bowed his head/ “They have continued to get paid, the last payment made to them was July 15th. I have now stopped all payments to them.”

“What? Even when he was at Hogwarts?” Ginny asked.

Bill nodded. “Every month since November 1981.”

“What else?” Harry asked.

“Harry, you have to understand, I didn’t know anything about this,” Bill explained uncomfortably. “Starting during the 1993-1994 school year, there has been yearly tuition and books for Beauxbatons paid for from your account.”

“WHAT?!” Ginny yelled. “THEY MADE HIM PAY MY TUITION?”

“Did Dumbledore authorize that as well?” Harry asked.

“Yes, he did,” Bill replied.

“Anything else?” Harry asked.

“No, that’s all,” Bill answered.

Harry rubbed the bridge of his nose, fighting off a headache. “So, there was no embezzlement?”

Bill shook his head. “No, just those payments.”

“So why did they hide my account summaries? I assumed someone was embezzling money and that’s why it was hidden. This isn’t so bad,” Harry said in confusion.

Bill shared a look of confusion with his brother and Remus. “Harry, you do understand your relatives were given money every month and Ginny’s tuition and books were paid out of your account?”

Harry lifted his head. “Yes, Bill I do understand. I just…well it is only fair my relatives got money for me being there and…the other money was for Ginny. Why would I be upset about that?”

“Harry…” Remus trailed off as Harry stood.

“It’s fine, Remus. It’s not like I don’t have the money. 600 Galleons a year for 16 years, now I don’t feel like I owe them anything,” Harry said.

Bill pulled another sheaf of parchment from his robes. “Harry, here is a copy of your parents’ will.”

Harry reached out for it, but then turned to Bill. “Can you read it out loud?”

“Of course,” Bill replied.

Harry reached out and pulled Ginny closer, he had a feeling he would need her before the end of this.

‘The Last Will and Testament of James Michael Potter and Lily Evans Potter of Godric’s Hollow being sound mind and magic declare that this is our intent.

We appoint as our Executor:

Professor Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

We appoint as Guardian to our son:

His godfather, Sirius Orion Black of London

We bequeath the following:

To Remus John Lupin, we leave a sum of 1,000 Galleons and any books he would like from our library.

To Peter Franklin Pettigrew, we leave a sum of 1,000 Galleons.

To Sirius Orion Black, we leave a sum of 1 Galleon as per his request.

To Petunia Evans Dursley we leave a sum of 2,000 Galleons.

The rest of our possessions and belongs we leave to our son, Harry James Potter.’


Harry kept his face buried in Ginny’s hair for a few minutes before he looked up at Bill. “Was everything done that they asked?”

“Yes, Remus and Petunia got their bequests, Peter’s mother got his share, Sirius obviously was not able to collect his inheritance,” Bill replied.

“What about all of my parents’ stuff?” Harry asked

“What do you mean?” Remus asked.

“The stuff from their house. Where is it?” Harry asked.

Remus looked startled. “I don’t know. I guess most of it is still there, unless it was moved to Gringotts.”

Bill shook his head. “A few papers were moved into their vault, but most of the furniture and belongings are still in the house in Godric’s Hollow.”

Harry tightened his hold on Ginny before standing, he kissed Ginny. “I’m going to go work out.”

After Harry left the room, Remus turned to Bill. “Does he have any legal options?”

“Not really, Dumbledore was appointed conservator of their estate and executor of their will. It makes sense that the people looking after Harry get a stipend.” He looked down at the table. “Remus, I swear to you I didn’t know. When I realized Harry has been paying for Ginny’s schooling, I … I was ashamed. I don’t know what possessed my parents to agree to such a thing. First he is punished for saving her life and then he has to pay for her education. How does that make sense?”

Ginny stopped him with a hand on his shoulder. “It’s okay. I am upset with our parents, but Harry truly does not care about that part.”




Fred showed up at tea time to find Remus, Ginny and Hermione at work in the library; Bill and Charlie at work in the hidden chamber; and Harry making scones in the kitchen.

Harry called everyone together for tea. As everyone filed in, Fred could detect some undercurrent of emotion in the room, but did not comment on it.

Instead Fred unfurled the afternoon copy of the Daily Prophet and threw it on the table. The headline screamed, ‘Charges Dropped Against Potter.’

Harry sighed in relief. “I didn’t think it was going to be that easy.”

Ginny agreed, “I thought they would demand we come in to the Ministry.”

The floo flared up again and George stepped out. “Harry, Ginny, Mum and Dad sent you an owl.”

Harry reached out for the proffered parchment and handed it to Ginny. She opened it with trembling hands.

Dear Ginny and Harry,

By now you must know some of what has transpired. I would like to meet with you so we can all talk about this. You need to hear our side of the story. Please know that everything we did, we did out of love.

Where ever you want to meet, please just send an owl. We will be there.

Love,

Dad and Mum


Ginny dropped the note as tears shone in her eyes. Harry pulled her into his embrace, when he felt her calm down, Harry whispered into her ear. “Whatever you want to do sweetheart, that is what we will do.”

Ginny closed her eyes for a moment. “I want to go home.”

Harry nodded and summoned a quill so she could compose a response.
Reviews 410
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear