Search:

SIYE Time:15:16 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Remember
By potterfan2008

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 410
Summary: The summer after the Chamber of Secrets was hard on everyone. How come no one can remember what happened? Prior to starting his seventh year at Hogwarts, Harry realizes he is missing some memories from his second year. Together with Remus Lupin, Harry sets out to discover what happened. He hopes to find out about that pretty red head he has been dreaming about as well.
Hitcount: Story Total: 353182; Chapter Total: 11530
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Arthur bid Albus a good evening as the older wizard headed back to Hogwarts. Arthur thought he had never seen Albus as shaken as he had been by today’s revelations. It had been a very emotional afternoon.

Arthur turned to his oldest son. “Bill, can I talk to you for a minute?”

Bill followed his father out into the garden. “First, I would like to thank you for all the support and love you have shown your sister over the past few weeks. I will freely admit we made a bad decision when we agreed to obliviate your sister, I know it will take time before any of you will trust us again. I am very sorry for what we did not only to Ginny, but to all of you boys as well.”

Bill gazed thoughtfully at his father. “I know you had only the best of intentions and I know you love all of us. I just wish this mess had never happened.”

Arthur smiled humorlessly. “Trust me, son, so do I.”

Arthur wandered over towards the fence looking out over the orchard where the kids usually played Quidditch. “Bill, I was wondering…I would like to go to Privet Drive. I know his relatives aren’t there, but I need to see for myself where they kept him. I am so angry with myself. I was in that house several times picking him up, I saw how thin he was at the beginning of each school year, but I never did anything.”

Arthur turned his tortured gaze on his son. “How did this all happen?”

“It happened because no one took responsibility for an orphaned baby. No one was looking out for his best interests. His relatives didn't want him and Dumbledore ignored the warning signs. His relatives seem to feel they were tricked into taking him in - I'm not saying that condones there behaviour at all, but they weren't shy about voicing their opinions. Someone should have realized how they would treat him and remove him from that house."

Nodding wordlessly, Arthur felt a sense of guilt. He'd noticed the boy was skinny and starved for affection, but he'd never allowed himself to wonder why that might be.

"If we are going, we need one other person,” Bill said. “I’ll be right back.”

Arthur watched in silence as his son apparated away, returning within moments with Remus Lupin.

“Remus.”

“Arthur.” Remus cautiously greeted the Weasley patriarch. “Bill tells me you are planning a trip.”

Arthur nodded. “I need to see for myself where they kept him.”

“Let’s go.”

In the blink of an eye the three wizards apparated into the back yard of the Dursley home. After Bill dismantled the protective charms they had placed on the house, Remus led the way into the kitchen.

“Even with everything that they did, he still wanted to make sure they were out of harm’s way,” Remus said as they entered the house. “I don’t think I could be that forgiving.”

Bill stopped before the cupboard under the stairs; taking a deep breath he opened the door. “Merlin,” he breathed as he looked around the cramped space. It was crammed full of cleaning supplies, shoes and umbrellas. It didn’t seem possible that a young boy could be kept there.

“Lumos.” Remus lit his wand and look around his godson’s boyhood room. He saw several spiders flee out of the light as he looked around. He noticed the lock on the door and felt a surge of anger towards the Dursleys. "They actually locked him in this tiny space?"

Arthur took his turn looking around feeling sick to his stomach that anyone would be shut in such a tiny cramped space. Remus led the way up the stairs to Harry’s bedroom. There were three locks on the outside of the door and a cat flap at the bottom of the door.

“He said that when he was in trouble, they would feed him through the flap only letting him out once or twice a day.” Bill’s voice sounded loud in the stillness of the house.

Remus opened the door, it was a small bedroom furnished with cheap second hand furniture. There was a single bed with a very thin mattress, a desk, and an old wardrobe in the room. On the shelves of the room were old broken toys and forgotten books. Remus could see in one corner of the room where Harry had stacked his old school books. A small pile of old school and Quidditch robes lay next to them. Harry had obviously emptied his school trunk before leaving. In the closet was a pile of old clothes that Remus recognized as the hand-me-downs Harry had been forced to wear for years. In a burst of anger, Remus set fire to the clothes, careful not to let the fire burn anything else.

Arthur and Bill looked up in surprise when the fire erupted in the closet. Remus looked over at them. “His old clothes,” was the only explanation he gave.

Remus walked out into the corridor and looked into the other bedrooms. Dudley’s bedroom stood in stark contrast to Harry’s. It was nicely furnished with a large queen sized bed, a desk with a computer and a wardrobe with a television set. The floor was carpeted and the walls were adorned with pictures of rock bands and boxers. Looking around this room, Remus could easily imagine a mother lovingly picking out furnishings and painting the walls. There was a guest bedroom that was neatly furnished and the master bedroom at the end of the hall. Except for Harry’s room, every room was neat and clean and lovingly decorated. Remus growled.

Bill wandered down the hall and stopped in front of the pull down steps that led to the attic. He pulled the steps down and ventured up into the attic. Even up in the attic, Petunia Dursley’s touch was evident — all of the boxes were neatly stacked and labeled. Bill walked the length of the attic looking at the boxes until he reached the back of the attic.

“Dad, Remus, come up here,” Bill yelled down the attic steps. As the other two men joined him, Bill pulled out boxes to uncover the box he had spied at the back of the attic labeled ‘Lily.’

As Bill pulled the box forward, he saw next to it a small trunk with the initials ‘L.E.’ engraved on the side. Remus gasped and pulled the trunk out of the shadows.

“This was Lily’s trunk. I recognize it from school,” Remus told the others.

Arthur peered around at the piles of boxes; he didn’t see anything else that might belong to Harry. Turning to the other two he said, “Let’s get out of here.”




Albus sat at his desk and stared sightlessly out the window, he had left the Burrow shortly after Bill’s revelations. As he had since the fight with Severus, Albus felt every bit of his age. He could recall with clarity the moment he got the terrible news about James and Lily Potter. When he got the message that the Dark Mark was seen over Godric’s Hollow, Albus had sent Hagrid out right away.

Hagrid had recounted for him on many occasions how he had gotten Harry out of the demolished wreck of a house before the Muggles started swarming all over the place. When Albus realized the import of what had happened, Harry surviving the Avada Kedavra, Lily sacrificing herself for her son, he had decided the safest place would be with his only living relatives. He had placed Arabella Figg close to Harry and he was ashamed to admit, put Harry out of his mind. Arabella had submitted yearly reports and admittedly his relatives did not seem very nice, but Harry was alive and hidden from the magical world.

When Harry had first come to Hogwarts, Albus had been amazed at the raw power he detected from Harry. While not the top student, Harry did relatively well. He was an amazing flyer and Albus was happy to waive the ban on first years owning brooms to let Harry join the Gryffindor quidditch team. When Harry was able to overcome all of the protections surrounding the Philosopher’s Stone to protect it from Voldemort, Albus knew that Harry would one day truly be capable of defeating Voldemort once and for all. After the incident in the Chamber of Secrets, Albus had decided to bind Harry’s powers in an effort to allow him some semblance of normalcy and to hide Harry’s full potential from the magical world.

The events of Harry’s second year had shaken Albus to the core. He had foolishly imagined that he was safe in his corner of the world, molding the next generation of wizards. The realization that he could be so easily be ousted from Hogwarts was shocking. It was probably this more than anything that led him to agree to the charms on the students. He had feared that if the parents realized what had happened, they would not send their children back to Hogwarts.

His suggestion that Harry and Ginny be obliviated had been made for two reasons; he really did think it best for Ginny and he had wanted to separate Harry and Ginny. He was concerned about their insistence upon seeing each other. Had some dark magic been wrought upon them in that chamber? He had never even considered a soul bond, after all there hadn’t been a soul bonded couple in such a long time and they were so young. He also had not wanted Harry distracted from his destiny.

Albus could still recall his own love affair from his disastrous youth. He had let his infatuation with Gellert cloud his judgment and blinded him to Gellert’s dark tendencies. He had not wanted to same to happen to Harry. Albus had watched Harry carefully during his years at Hogwarts. He had seen the way Harry covertly watched Ginny during her first year, Albus had been glad to separate any possible distraction for Harry. Harry’s infatuation with Cho Chang and his brief relationship with Susan Bones had not concerned Albus. He did not sense the emotional entanglement in them that he had between Harry and Ginny.

The realization that he tried to stop the very relationship that might destroy Voldemort once and for all was shocking. As he had told Harry, his mistakes tended to much greater than others.




Bill, Remus and Charlie arrived back at Grimmauld place in the early evening. Tonks, Hermione and the twins were waiting for them. Bill and Charlie recounted the confrontation between his parents, Dumbledore and Harry and Ginny. He spoke for almost thirty minutes recounting the events of the day.

When he finished, Hermione asked, “You are sure it wasn’t Professor Snape?”

Bill smiled as he shook his head. “No. The signature was totally different.”

“The sight of that Avada Kedavra rune hanging in mid air was one of the most horrifying things I’ve ever seen,” Charlie said. “It really…I don’t know brought home to me what he’s been through. He’s had six or seven unforgivable cast upon him by You-Know-Who himself. That is just unbelievable.”

Fred looked at his older brothers. “Do you think that Mum will come around?”

Bill and Charlie exchanged a look. “I think Mum is starting to realize that Ginny is not a little girl anymore, but it will take her a while to accept everything that’s happened. Ginny is still pretty mad at Mum, they had a huge fight in the kitchen. I don’t know…I don’t know what will happen. I think Harry is more upset on Ginny’s behalf than for himself. If he thinks that she will hurt Ginny again, I don’t know what he would do.”

Remus chimed in, “I think he’s more upset with Dumbledore than anymore else. He trusted Albus to help him and Albus betrayed that trust. Harry has a very forgiving nature, but he…I don’t know that Albus will ever be able to regain Harry’s trust.”

“So where did you and Remus go?” Tonks asked Bill.

“Privet Drive,” he replied. “My dad wanted to see for himself where Harry had…been kept as a child.”

Remus got up and poured himself a shot of fire whiskey and handed a shot to Bill. “It was horrible. I keep thinking that anything would have been better than that place. The difference between what he was given and what his cousin had was unbelievable.” Remus downed another shot before continuing, “When Sirius ran away from this place, he was sixteen years old. I still don’t know all of the details, I just know he showed up at James’s place one night. The Potters didn’t even bat an eye, they set him up in a room near James. You couldn’t tell just by looking at the furnishings who was their own child.”

Remus got up and started pacing. “I can’t believe we left him there for so long. For some reason, I assumed that Albus knew what he was doing. I don’t any more. I had always assumed that it would be Albus who would destroy Voldemort once and for all. Now I know it will be Harry.”




“Where is the boy?” Harry heard the high cruel voice coming from his mouth. “How come no one knows where the boy is?”

On the floor in front of him, a dozen Death Eaters knelt at his feet. Bellatrix Lestrange looked up. “Master, he has not been seen since the Dementor attack. We believe he is under the Fidelius with the werewolf, Remus Lupin.”

“Yes, I’ve heard about him. I believe your niece is dating him?” Harry laughed at Bellatrix’s discomfort, his followers joining him in jeering at one of his favourite Death Eaters.

“She is no niece of mine,” Bellatrix spat. “I will teach her to mix with lower breeds.”

Harry glared at his followers and they instantly became silent.

“What about the girl?”

Lucius Malfoy looked up. “We believe she is with him, that fool Scrimgeour played his hand too early. Her family home seems to have been placed under Fidelius, we cannot find that either.”

Harry looked coldly at his followers, his long white fingers twirled his wand as he looked for some good news.

“My lord,” Bellatrix spoke up. “Her brother is getting married next week in France. We can attack the wedding and capture Potter.”

Harry thought it over. “Bellatrix, Lucius, you will lead the assault.”

An adoring smile lit Bellatrix’s face. “Yes, my Lord.”

“Oh, and Bella,” Harry called, “Cruicio!”


Harry woke up screaming, his head felt like it was split in two, the pain was blinding. He could vaguely hear Ginny calling his name, he rolled over and vomited over the edge of the bed. The door burst open, Bill and Remus were the first through the door.

Remus made his way to Harry’s side, he helped him sit up. Harry leaned shakily against his godfather. Remus vanished the pile of sick on the floor and smoothed back Harry’s sweat drenched hair. Bill sat on the edge of the bed next to Ginny, who was sitting up next to her husband. Ginny conjured up a glass of water and handed it to her husband. He smiled weakly and took a sip.

Looking at Bill, Harry fought through th pain to say, “Voldemort is planning to attack your wedding.”

“What?!” Bill and Ginny both exclaimed.

“He was…there was a meeting. Voldemort, he was upset that they couldn’t find me. He…they plan to attack the wedding to get to me.” Harry turned to Remus. “He knows about you and Tonks. Bellatrix…she is…I think she is going to go after Tonks.”

Harry collapsed back on the bed, he felt weak and shaky. He could feel everyone staring at him, he wished everyone except Ginny would leave, he hated feeling like the freak his relatives always told him he was. He could vaguely hear Hermione whispering to Bill and Charlie explaining his connection to Voldemort, his ability to share Voldemort’s thoughts. Harry rolled over and buried his head in his pillow. He felt Ginny move over him running her hands through his hair and occasionally brushing a kiss on the top of his head. The last thing he heard before he fell back asleep was Ginny’s whispered, “I love you.”




Harry woke slowly, his head was pounding and his body ached as if he’d been working out for twenty-four hours straight. His mouth felt wooly and full of cotton, he tried to swallow but his throat was so dry he couldn’t. Lifting his pounding head off his pillow he squinted at the bedside table, he reached out for his glasses. Putting on his glasses, he looked around the room.

At his movement, Ginny got up from the desk where she had been writing. “Are you okay, love?”

Ginny walked over to the bed as Harry sat up, he conjured up a glass of water and took a sip. Ginny slipped her arms around his neck as he buried his face in her chest. She ran her hands through his hair and kissed him on top of the head. “How do you feel?”

“Like I’ve been run over by a Horntail, I even have dragon breath,” he mumbled into her chest. He looked up at her. “How bad was it?”

Ginny cupped his cheek with her hand before answering. “It was pretty bad. Do you remember what you told us?”

Harry grimaced. “Voldemort was looking for me and got really pissed when they couldn’t tell him where I was.” He looked up with alarm. “The wedding — did Bill-”

“He’s getting ready to leave for France. He’s talking about moving the wedding to the Burrow,” Ginny reassured him.

“What about Tonks?” Harry asked. “Bellatrix seemed really anxious to get her.”

“She’s taking a leave from the Ministry, Kingsley helped her push through the paperwork through,” Ginny answered.

Harry let out a relieved sigh. “I hate sharing his mind, but if some good comes of it I guess it is not all bad.”

Harry stood up and wrapped his arms around Ginny, he buried his head in her hair. “I’m going to get cleaned up. Is there any headache potion around? My head is killing me.”

Ginny kissed him on the cheek and pushed him towards the bathroom. “I’ll be back in a few minutes.”

As the water ran down his back, he started feeling a little better. Finishing his shower, he wrapped a towel around his waist and brushed his teeth. As he walked into the bedroom, Ginny was coming back with his headache potion.

“You look better,” she commented as she handed him the potion.

Harry grimaced as he swallowed the sour potion. “Why can’t they make these taste any better?”

Ginny laughed as she took the empty vial from him. “Better now?”

Harry nodded and leaned down to kiss her. As Ginny started to deepen the kiss, Harry threaded one hand through her curls and pulled her closer with the other. Harry broke the kiss briefly to pull her shirt over her head, he ran his hands down her back and unsnapped her bra. Ginny shrugged out of her bra and ran her hand up his chest as Harry unsnapped her shorts. Ginny laughed as she spun away from him, she shimmed out of her shorts and knickers and beckoned him closer. When Harry got close, Ginny pulled his towel off. He growled and grabbed her, he lifted her up and threw her on the bed. Ginny laughed and pretended to try to escape.

Harry dove after her and pinned her down on the bed. He gazed down at her, getting lost in her beautiful brown eyes. “I love you, Ginny.”

He kissed her deeply and poured all of his love into his kiss. He pressed down grinding against her as his hands wandered down her body. He kissed his way down to her breasts. Ginny arched her back and ran her hands down his back. He looked up at her. “You are so beautiful.”

Ginny pulled him up and kissed him as he entered her in one thrust.

Afterwards Harry started to roll over, but Ginny stopped him. “Stay like that, I like the feel of you against me.”

Harry smiled into her hair. “I might crush you.”

Ginny just smiled and ran her hands down his back. “I love you, Harry.”




Harry ambled downstairs some time later, Remus looked up when he entered the kitchen.

“Hey, cub. Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I had a pretty bad headache when I woke up, but it’s gone now,” Harry replied, he flushed a little as he thought about the previous night. “Sorry for waking you like that, Remus. I haven’t had…I don’t know what to call it exactly…a dream…well anyway I haven’t had one that bad in a long time.”

Remus reached out and gripped his godson’s arm. “Harry, we are your family, we are here to help you.”

Harry smiled, “Thanks.”

Harry helped himself to some fruit and yogurt and poured a cup of coffee. “Gin said that Bill went to France,” Harry said to Remus.

“Yes, Arthur arranged for him to floo to the French Ministry of Magic this morning,” Remus replied. “Bill was thinking that they could move the wedding to the Burrow. It is under a lot of magical protection so it should hold.”

“Harry, last night Bill, Arthur and I went to Privet Drive.”

Harry turned to look at his godfather. “Why? There’s no one there.”

Remus looked down at the table for a moment. “Bill shared some of what you told us with his parents and Dumbledore last night.”

Harry paled at the thought of so many people knowing about his past. “Why would he do that? I didn’t want people to know.”

“I know, but Bill felt that someone needed to be held accountable for what happened to you. I agree with him. Molly, Arthur, and Albus need to know that there are consequences to their actions,” Remus replied.

Harry felt a wave of shame run through him, he had never wanted anyone to know about his childhood. “So why go to Privet Drive?”

“Arthur wanted to see for himself where they…kept you. Merlin, Harry I am so sorry. I…you never should have been put with them. That cupboard was tiny.”

Ginny who had felt Harry’s unsettled emotions, entered the kitchen in time to hear Remus’s comment.

Harry looked up and held a hand out to her, she came and sat next to Harry offering him support. “I never knew any better. It was tiny, but no one else ever came in, that was a good thing.”

“Arthur was really shaken seeing how tiny that cupboard was and the number of locks on your door. Did they lock you in often?” Remus asked.

Harry was tracing a pattern on Ginny’s hand with his thumb.

“Mostly just after Dobby visited, Uncle Vernon was so angry that he couldn’t make his deal. They put bars on the windows, locks on the door, and the cat flap to feed me. They let me out twice a day so I could go to the bathroom. But it really isn’t that different from when I was in my cupboard. If they got mad at me, they would just lock me in there for a few days or sometimes up to a week,” Harry answered.

“They locked you in that tiny cupboard?” Remus was getting angrier by the minute. The stories Harry had told them a few days earlier seemed much more real after seeing where they took place.

Harry didn’t answer, but pulled Ginny closer. Remus tried to calm himself, the last thing he wanted was to upset Harry.

“Bill found something last night I thought you might like to see,” Remus told Harry.

“What?” Harry asked.

“If you’re done eating I’ll show you now.”

Harry and Ginny stood and followed Remus up to the drawing room. “You two were already in bed last night, so we just brought the stuff here. We don’t use this room very much.”

Harry looked around curiously, there was a box labeled ‘Lily’ and a small trunk. “That was your mother’s school trunk. We found that and the other box in the attic.” Remus explained.

Harry nodded to show he heard, but most of his attention was focused on the box. He walked over and lifted the lid. Inside was a large basket lined with a blue and white baby blanket, Harry lifted it out and set it on the floor. Harry, Ginny, and Remus sank down onto the floor and examined the basket.

“Merlin, that must be the basket they left you in,” Remus whispered.

Harry reached inside the box and pulled out a letter and a black stuffed dog. Remus smiled when he saw the dog, “Padfoot.”

Ginny reached out for the dog. “He named his dog Padfoot?”

Remus chuckled, “Sirius got it for Harry when he was tiny, only a few months old. It really does look a lot like Sirius’s animagus form. It just seemed natural to call him Padfoot. Harry wouldn’t go to sleep without him.”

Ginny turned the stuffed animal over, she gasped. “What is it, Gin?” Harry asked.

Ginny held out the animal, on the back near the tail was the impression of a small child’s handprint almost burned into the fur.

Remus reached out for the animal. “Merlin, you must have been holding this when…when the Avada Kedavra hit you.”

Harry reached out and took the dog and looked at the handprint, he traced it with his fingers. He looked up at Remus. “It is safe, right? The curse didn’t get absorbed by the animal did it?”

Remus pulled out his wand and checked the stuffed animal for curses. “No, it’s safe. I think you absorbed the entire curse.”

Harry laughed and opened the letter, the smile slid off his face as he read the letter. He read it through twice then handed it to Ginny.

Dear Mrs Dursley,

I am writing to inform you of the death of your sister, Lily and her husband, James. Lily and James were killed by a Dark Wizard, Lord Voldemort.

Lord Voldemort attempted to kill your nephew, Harry, but thankfully was unable to do so. Your sister sacrificed her life for her son. In doing so she provided an ancient protection to her son. Lord Voldemort was gravely injured in the attack, some say possibly killed although I don’t believe that. His followers are still around and I fear that Harry is still in danger.

I am entrusting him into your care. By taking him into your home, you will be sealing the protection your sister placed upon him. As long as he calls your house home, those who seek to harm him will not be able to reach him there. This protection also applies to you, those who may seek to retaliate against Lily’s sister will not be able to reach you.

Once you take him into your home, the protection will activate.

Thank you and my condolences on your loss,

Albus Dumbledore


“He thought this was a sufficient explanation?” Ginny asked incredulously. “This letter and he never checked up on him or anything.”

Harry looked up at her. “It’s okay, baby. I don’t need to have anything to do with them. I have a new family now.”

Ginny smiled and kissed him on the cheek. Harry turned to his mother’s trunk, it was a small dark green metal trunk with a lily embossed in the lid. The initials ‘L.E.’ were engraved under the lily. The trunk did not appear to be locked in any fashion. He cautiously reached over and opened the lid. On the inside of the lid was another embossed lily.

On the top was a note from Lily to her sister.

Petunia,

James and I will be going into hiding next week. I can’t really explain where we are going or why, but we will be out of touch for a while. I was hoping you wouldn’t mind holding onto this for me. I don’t have a lot of extra room at our new house. Thanks!

Love,

Lily


Harry read the letter through twice and smiled as he traced the words, although he could feel tears stinging his eyes. He smiled shakily at Ginny. “I’ve never seen her handwriting before.”

Harry reached into the trunk, on top was a set of emerald green dress robes. He pulled them out and looked at them. Remus smiled. “I think those are the robes she wore to her engagement party.”

Harry nodded and folded them carefully. He looked into the trunk, there was a stack of letters that appeared to be to Lily from her parents. Harry put them aside to read later. There was a stack of notebooks that seemed to be full of notes from Hogwarts classes. There were some school books — Potions, Ancient Runes, Arthimancy, Herbology, and Defense Against the Dark Arts. Remus looked through the books. “These must be from 7th year. Yeah, definitely 7th year — look.” Remus held out the Herbology book, the margins were filled with little hearts that read ‘James.’

Harry and Ginny laughed. At the bottom of the trunk was a photo album, Harry reached into the trunk and pulled out the photo album. Harry sat back with Ginny on his lap and Remus next to him going through the album. There were pictures of Lily and James, pictures of all the Marauders, and pictures from Lily’s years at Hogwarts.




Hermione went to looking for Harry and found him and Ginny working out in the training room. Harry was dueling with the training dummies, while Remus was helping Ginny with her spell casting. She was working on the Summoning Charm.

Hermione stood in the doorway for a minute and watched her best friend duel, she was amazed at his skill. When had he gotten so good? She had watched him in the DA two years ago, but she had never seen him fight like this.

Harry finished off the training dummy and looked up and saw Hermione in the doorway. He grabbed a towel and walked over towards her. “Hi, Hermione.”

“Are you okay Harry?”

“Yeah, I’m good,” Harry replied.

“I thought you were working on your Occlumency,” Hermione said almost accusingly.

Harry shot her an exasperated look. “Hermione, Snape was teaching me Occlumency. How much do you think I really learned?”

“I know, but…Voldemort…you see what he does. This connection could be dangerous,” Hermione replied.

“Thanks, Hermione. I really wasn’t sure what was happening.” Harry replied rolling his eyes.

“You can’t treat this as a joke,” Hermione answered shrilly.

“Do I look like I’m laughing? I can’t stop these visions or dreams or whatever you want to call them. I hate watching Voldemort torturing his followers,” Harry replied heatedly.

Hermione turned away. “I know…I’m sorry, I just get so worried. I’d heard from Ron about your nightmares, but I’d never seen them.”

Harry watched her before walking over to her. “It’s going to be okay, Hermione.”

He was surprised when she turned around to see tears in her eyes. “How can you say that? Things are getting worse. What’s going to happen?”

“Hermione, calm down. We will get through this. I don’t know exactly how, but we will.”

Hermione gave him a watery smile. “I’m sorry. I’m just so worried about everyone. I don’t know what’s going to happen with Ron and you’re at the centre of everything.”

Harry smiled down at her and gave her a one armed hug.

“Hermione, what about your parents?” Harry asked.

Hermione looked up at Harry with a worried expression on her face. “I don’t know. I’ve been so worried about them.”

“Do you think they would come here?” Harry asked. “I have plenty of room. They could stay here at least until we could figure out something else.”

“You would do that?” Hermione asked.

Harry smiled down at her. “Of course. Hermione, you are the closest thing to a sister I have. I’ll do whatever I can to make your family safe.”

Hermione threw her arms around his neck and burst into tears. Harry stood there awkwardly for a minute before putting his arms around her. “Please tell me these are good tears.”

Hermione pulled away and laughed. “Yes, Harry, these are good tears. You’ve always been like a brother to me, I just wasn’t sure you saw me the same way.”

“Of course I do,” Harry laughed. “Come on, I’m going to help Gin.”




Ginny groaned in frustration. She had learned the Summoning Charm last year and while she had gotten top marks on the theory behind the charm, her performance was spotty. Remus had been helping her for close to an hour and she had made some progress, but was not able to consistently perform the charm. Ginny had to admit, she may have been a bit distracted watching Harry duel. He was mesmerizing when he was dueling. Ginny had a sneaking suspicion that Remus knew the source of her distraction and was doing his best not to laugh.

“Ginny, you must concentrate,” Remus said. His eyes lit up with mischief. “You know the charm works on just about anything — objects, food, clothes. Are you sure there’s nothing in the room you want to summon?”

Ginny smirked and concentrated on her husband, surely after working out he would be much more comfortable without his shirt, right? “Accio!”

Harry jumped as his shirt was summoned off his back. He started laughing. “You seem to have that charm down pretty well.”




Harry quietly slipped down the stairs in the early morning stillness. It was Ginny’s birthday and he wanted her to have the best birthday possible. Bill had returned late last night, he and Fleur had decided on moving the wedding to the Burrow. Fleur and Madame Delacour had gone straight to Fleur’s London flat to start planning. Molly, Fleur, and Madame Delacour were to spend most of the morning making wedding arrangements.

Harry quickly mixed up the crepe batter and started slicing fruit while the crepes were cooking. Sausages and pumpkin juice finished out the breakfast. Harry quickly put together a tray to take up to Ginny. He conjured up a single red rose which he placed next to her plate. He quietly levitated the tray up to their room where he placed the tray on his desk, he silently cast a warming charm on the food and a cooling charm on the juice. Stripping off the sleeping pants he had hastily donned earlier, he slid back into bed with his wife.

Ginny woke up to kisses being trailed down her neck, she could feel Harry snuggled up behind her, his chest to her back. Ginny stretched leaning back into her husband as he started exploring her body with his hands.

“Mmm. Are you awake?” Harry asked between kisses. “I’ve been watching you sleep, and I have decided you are the most beautiful woman in the world. I love you, so much.”

Ginny laughed as she rolled over to face him. She ran one hand down his face, cupping his cheek in her hand. “Show me.”

Harry proceeded to show his wife exactly how much she affected him. When Harry could think clearly again, he was lying on his back with Ginny curled up to his chest. “Happy Birthday, baby.”

Ginny leaned up. “Thank you.”

She looked around and saw the breakfast tray across the room. “Did you make me breakfast?”

Harry laughed and went over and got the tray. Ginny sat up and draped her sheet around her body, leaning back against the pillows. Harry set the tray across her lap and sat cross legged on the bed next to her. Together they shared breakfast in bed and occasional kisses.

When Ginny was done with her breakfast, Harry asked, “Are you ready for your presents?”

Ginny sat up and looked around the room. “Presents. Where?”

Harry laughed, “Which one do you want first, the big one or small one?”

“Ooh! I want the big one first.”

Harry laughed at Ginny’s obvious excitement. He leaned over and kissed her before he got up and went into their closet where he had hidden her presents under a Notice-Me-Not charm.

“Close your eyes.”

Harry looked out to see that Ginny had indeed closed her eyes. He carried her present out and set it down on the bed next to her. “Okay, you can open your eyes.”

Ginny opened her eyes and squealed as she caught sight of a beautiful all black kitten with a red bow around it’s neck. Ginny picked up the kitten who fit in the palm of her hand. “Oh Merlin, a kitten! Is it a boy or a girl?”

“It’s a little girl, she’s 8 weeks old. And she needs a name,” Harry replied.

“Oh she’s so beautiful! Look at her eyes, she had green eyes,” Ginny played with her new kitten with Harry looking on. Ginny looked up. “Her name is Emerald.”

“Emerald. That is a good name.”

The two played with Emerald teasing her with some kitten toys Harry brought out of their hiding place. Eventually, they wore Emerald out and she fell asleep on the bed next to Ginny.

Ginny looked up at Harry with a beautiful smile. “I’ve always wanted my own kitten.”

Harry smiled at her. “I know. I remember your brothers telling me your first year how much you liked cats.”

“So what else did you get me?” Ginny asked.

“Maybe I changed my mind, I don’t have anything else,” Harry replied laughing.

Ginny carefully set Emerald in her little basket on the floor, then launched herself at Harry. She tickled him into submission, then straddled him pinning him to the bed. Harry stared up at her for a moment, her hair was wild all around her and her brown eyes were sparkling. “Have I mentioned today how beautiful you are?”

Ginny laughed and kissed him before repeating her question. “What else did you get me?”

“I can’t remember. Did I get you something else?” Harry asked teasingly.

“Harry.”

Harry laughed and sat up, he lifted her off of him and set her on the bed. “I’ll be right back.”

This time Harry went to the wardrobe and grabbed a small wrapped box he had hidden there the night before.

“Is this what you were looking for?” Harry asked.

Ginny laughed and kissed him before grabbing her gift off the bed. She tore the paper off and found a slender black box. Lifting the lid of the box, Ginny gasped; inside was a beautiful ruby and diamond bracelet.

Harry smiled at her expression. “I saw it and it…I don’t know just reminded me of you. The stones are fiery and sparkly at the same time.”

Ginny smiled as she put the bracelet on. “It’s beautiful, love. Thank you.”

Harry leaned over and kissed her. Ginny proceeded to thank him in a more non verbal way.




Remus, Tonks and Hermione apparated to the Grangers’ back garden. The garden was surrounded by privacy fences with a large flower garden along the back fence. Sarah Granger was weeding her flowers when her daughter and friends appeared.

“Hermione!” Sarah called.

“Mum,” Hermione replied going over to hug her mother. “Sorry if we startled you, we thought the backyard would the best place to apparate into.”

Hermione pulled back and gestured to her companions. “Mum, do you remember Tonks and Remus? I think you’ve met them at King’s Cross before.”

Sarah smiled at her daughter’s companions. “Yes, I think we’ve met.”

Remus and Tonks greeted Sarah.

“Mum, we need to talk to you and Dad. Is he home?”

Sarah nodded and led the way into the house. Mark Granger was in his study on the computer. Sarah and Mark had gotten in the habit of taking Mondays off during the summers.

Hermione took Remus and Tonks into the sitting room while Sarah went to get Mark. Hermione smiled when Mark entered. “Hi, Dad.”

“Hi love, what’s going on? I thought you were at Harry’s house,” Mark said.

Hermione took a deep breath. “Mum, Dad, we need to talk to you about something serious.”

Remus glanced at Hermione before explaining the situation to her parents. “Hermione tells me, that you know of the state of the wizarding world. We are currently in a state of undeclared war against Lord Voldemort and his followers.”

Mark nodded. “Hermione told us about Voldemort and her friend, Harry.”

“Harry has a…connection to Voldemort. He can sometimes see into Voldemort’s thoughts,” Remus continued.

Mark and Sarah exchanged as startled look. “He can read Voldemort’s mind?” Sarah asked.

Remus shook his head. “Not exactly. Harry and Voldemort have a long and complicated history. I don’t know how much Hermione has told you, but Voldemort tried to kill Harry when he was just a baby. Somehow from that attempt on Harry’s life, Voldemort and Harry have a connection. Harry can’t really read Voldemort’s mind, but he has what he calls dreams where he can sometime literally see through his eyes.”

Hermione watched her parents anxiously. “This is how he was able to save Mr. Weasley’s life the Christmas before last.”

Mark nodded. “I don’t really understand, but as with so many other things recently I can accept it. What does this have to do with us?”

Remus took over again. “Harry had another Voldemort dream last night. Voldemort is getting angry that he can’t find Harry. He specifically mentioned trying to find the Weasleys. We are afraid it is only a matter of time before Voldemort tries to kill or kidnap you in an attempt to influence Harry.”

Sarah and Mark looked horrified. “Do you think that’s likely?”

Tonks answered. “You need to understand, Voldemort and his Death Eaters think of Muggles as less than human. They wouldn’t think twice about hurting or even killing you if they thought it would hurt or upset Harry. Harry’s relatives are in hiding and the Weasleys are under a protective charm. Of Harry’s closest friends’ families you are the only ones not under protection. I just took a leave from work myself, the Death Eaters threatened me because I am dating Harry’s godfather.”

“So what do you want us to do?” Mark asked.

“Go into hiding,” Hermione answered. “You could take a sabbatical and arrange for someone to take over the practice for a while. You could stay at Harry’s house or with Tonks’s parents.”

“My mum is a healer and my dad is Muggleborn, they both have said you would be welcome in their house. They have a suite in the back of the house where you could stay,” Tonks explained. "It is private and it has electricity and even satellite television."

“I know it is a lot to take in,” Remus said, “We are all going out to the Burrow today. Why don’t you come with us? You could meet everyone and get any questions answered.”
Reviews 410
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear