Search:

SIYE Time:10:22 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Remember
By potterfan2008

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 410
Summary: The summer after the Chamber of Secrets was hard on everyone. How come no one can remember what happened? Prior to starting his seventh year at Hogwarts, Harry realizes he is missing some memories from his second year. Together with Remus Lupin, Harry sets out to discover what happened. He hopes to find out about that pretty red head he has been dreaming about as well.
Hitcount: Story Total: 353198; Chapter Total: 11293
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry looked around the garden at the Burrow. Molly had gone all out decorating and cooking for the party. There were streamers in all shades of green strung around the yard with lanterns that could be lit later as it got darker. Someone he suspected the twins, had hung a large banner wishing Ginny a Happy 16th Birthday.

There had been some tense moments when they first arrived, neither Harry nor Ginny were comfortable being alone with Molly for any length of time. Molly hadn’t helped matters by commenting on how expensive the bracelet must have been, but Arthur was always there trying to smooth out any misunderstandings.

Remus and Tonks had arrived via Portkey with Hermione and her parents. Harry was glad to see Hermione’s parents had agreed to come and at least talk to everyone there. Hopefully they could be persuaded to go into hiding, either at Grimmauld Place or with Tonks’s parents.

“Harry.”

Harry turned to see Charlie walking towards him. “Hi Charlie.”

“Ginny seems to be having a good time,” Harry remarked. He glanced at his brother-in-law for a moment. “I hope we have some time for a Quidditch match later. Everyone keeps comparing me to you, I want to see why.”

Charlie broke into a wide grin. “You’re on, Potter. I want to see if you’re as good as they say you are. The twins tell me you shattered most of my records.”

Harry laughed. “I tried.” He flashed a confident grin. "I even set some that you never had a shot at setting."

Charlie laughed. "Sounds good." He looked ahead and saw Bill had just arrived with Fleur and her mother. He smirked as he turned to Harry, “Have you ever met a veela before Harry?”

Harry eyed the older man suspiciously. “No. Ron told me about the veelas at the World Cup, but I’ve never met one in person. Except for Fleur, if she counts. I know she is only part veela.”

Charlie’s smile widened. “Her mother is half veela, let’s go meet her shall we?”

He dragged Harry off to greet Fleur and her mother.

Ginny had been talking to the twins when Bill arrived with Fleur and her mother. Ginny felt a little resentful that Fleur and her mother had to arrive on her birthday. She had spent almost a year around the Delacours and she was used to the reaction men had to the women, but that didn’t mean she had to like it. Gabrielle didn’t have quite the impact of her older sister and her mother, but the boys at school still flocked to her. Luc had always reacted to Fleur, falling all over her and trying to impress her. When he and Ginny were dating, she had always felt insignificant next to Fleur. Ginny could feel herself getting tense as Harry and Charlie approached the Delacour women. Ron had already made a fool of himself and the twins weren’t doing much better.

Fleur watched as Charlie and Harry approached, she could guess from Charlie’s body language that he was expecting a big reaction from Harry. Fleur sighed inwardly, she hated the reaction most men had to her. That was one of the reasons she had fallen in love with Bill. He certainly thought she was beautiful, but he had never fallen all over himself trying to impress her. He treated her like an equal and he did not let her have her way all the time. That had been a bit of a shock for Fleur when they first started dating. She was used to men being easy to manipulate, but Bill was not easily manipulated. When Bill looked at her with love, she knew that it was because he had fallen in love with her, not her veela allure.

Fleur smiled as Harry and Charlie approached, Charlie was in for a big surprise. Harry had never reacted very strongly around her and as he approached she knew he would have even less of a reaction now. Fleur was glad for this, maybe this would ease her relationship with her future sister-in-law.

“’Arry!” Fleur smiled and kissed him on the cheek. “It is so good to see you. Bill has told me about your recent adventures, I’m glad to see you are in one piece.”

Harry laughed. “It’s good to see you too. I guess you heard I got to spend some time at Beauxbatons, it is a beautiful school.”

Fleur smiled. “Merci. May I present my mother, Madame Apolline Delacour?”

Turning, Fleur introduced her mother to Harry and Charlie.

“Madame Delacour, it is a pleasure to meet you,” Harry said. He noticed that Charlie was not saying much and in Harry’s opinion was staring rather rudely, but Harry didn’t say anything to him. Harry could feel Ginny starting to get upset, his eyes flew to her. She was sitting facing away from him, so he couldn’t see her face but he could tell she was getting upset.

“Gin, what’s wrong?” Harry walked over and crouched down next to her pushing her hair back so he could see her face.

Ginny looked up shocked when Harry came over to her, shouldn’t he be drooling over Fleur and her mum?

“But, Fleur…I thought you were talking to Fleur?” Ginny managed to stammer.

Harry looked confused. “I was, but I felt you were getting upset.”

Ginny looked down into his face, he didn’t seem like he was enthralled with the Delacours, but how did that happen?

“Harry…don’t…can’t you feel…” Ginny trailed off before starting again. “Veelas are extremely beautiful and men are usually very attracted to them.”

Harry leaned up and kissed her. “What did I tell you this morning?”

Ginny smiled. “That I’m the most beautiful woman in the world.”

Harry nodded. “Yes, you are. Fleur and her mom are both beautiful, but you are…you are beautiful and amazing and you are who I am attracted to and you are who I am in love with.”

Ginny laughed and threw her arms around Harry’s neck, she kissed him softly. “I love you.”

Ginny turned and saw Fleur watching them, Fleur gave her a big smile and for the first time Ginny did not feel insignificant next to her future sister-in-law.

“Ginny.”

Ginny turned to see Hermione and her parents approaching them.

“Happy Birthday!” Hermione said as she hugged Ginny. “You remember my parents.”

Ginny smiled, “Mr. and Mrs. Granger, thank you for coming.”

Mark Granger smiled and shook Ginny’s hand while Sarah greeted her with a hug. “Thanks. We didn’t realize we were crashing your birthday party.”

“No, we wanted you here. Hermione is like a sister, you are always welcome,” Ginny replied.

“Mum, Dad, you remember Harry?” Hermione asked.

Mark and Sarah both shook Harry’s hand. “Harry it is good to see you again. I didn’t realize you and Ginny were dating,” Sarah commented.

“I’m glad you could make it,” Harry said, “and Ginny and I aren’t dating, we’re married.”

Sarah looked shocked, she looked around at the banners and asked Ginny. “Aren’t you just turning sixteen today?”

Ginny laughed, “Yes. We’ve only been married a few weeks.”

Sarah looked from Ginny to Harry. “Is it common in the wizarding world to marry so young?”

“No. I think we may tend to marry younger. My parents married at eighteen and Harry’s parents were nineteen, but even in the wizarding world it is uncommon to be married at fifteen. Harry and I are soul bonded, basically the power of our love and our magic bonded us together for life,” Ginny explained.

Harry laughed. “And that’s not very common either.”

Sarah smiled. “You seem to be very happy about it.”

“I’ve never been happier,” Harry replied truthfully.

Emerald wandered by at that moment, winding around Ginny’s feet. Ginny laughed and picked up her kitten.

Hermione squealed, “What a sweet little kitten! Is he yours?”

Ginny laughed and nodded as she rubbed Emerald against her cheek. “Her name is Emerald. Harry got her for me.”

“She is beautiful,” Hermione said. “What else did you get?”

Ginny held out her arm and showed Hermione her bracelet. “That is beautiful!” Hermione exclaimed.

Sarah smiled at Harry. “You seem to have the gift buying part down.”

They were distracted from their conversation when Bill yelled for everyone to be quiet. After everyone settled down, Bill continued, “I want to thank everyone for coming out to celebrate Ginny’s birthday with us.”

Bill paused while everyone whistled and cheered. “As most of you know, my baby sister got married two weeks ago. While I can’t imagine a better partner for her than Harry, my brothers and I decided we couldn’t let just anyone up and marry our sister. Not even someone who has faced Voldemort five times, slayed a giant Basilisk to save our sister, saved my Dad’s life, saved Ron’s life, and on and on. So we decided that in order for Harry to prove his worthiness to marry our precious sister, he needs to duel me, Charlie, and Fleur — at the same time.”

“Is that the only way you can beat him? Three against one?” Ginny called out.

“Probably.” Bill yelled back laughing. Turning to Harry he said, “Harry do you accept our challenge?”

In answer Harry stood up looking around at Ginny’s brothers who had all gathered together at one end of the garden, he nodded, “Of course I accept your challenge.”

“Just one other thing,” Harry called out. He started to walk towards the brothers then stopped in front of Ginny. Harry looked over at Bill to make sure he had his attention, when he was sure he did he looked down at Ginny who laughed up at him and nodded. He grabbed her and gave her a deep passionate kiss before continuing on to face his challengers.

Harry laughed at the gobsmacked expressions on their faces. Bill quickly collected himself, he cast several protective charms around the garden to protect everyone from stray curses. Those who were watching the duel settled around to watch.

Bill, Charlie, and Fleur arranged themselves in a semi-circle in front of Harry with their wands raised. Harry stood with his wand held loosely at his side. Bill fired the first spell, a stunner. Harry raised a shield that deflected the curse. All three of his opponents opened fire on him, Harry countered all of their curses with a careless grace. Spell after spell hurtled towards him only to be deflected.

Charlie was starting to get angry, Harry still had not fired an offensive spell. Charlie threw a Cutting Curse, narrowly missing Harry. Smiling, Harry slightly bowed to his opponents before letting loose with a barrage of low powered Cutting and Bludgeoning Curses.

Charlie yelped when he was hit in the leg with a Cutting Curse. Harry then turned his attention to Bill and Fleur. They were fighting as a team and doing fairly well. Harry was dodging and ducking the curses, but he was working harder now to avoid getting hit.

Fleur sent out a Bludgeoning Curse that breached Harry’s shield, but didn’t hit him. Harry decided it was time to end this match. He sent up a smoke screen and took out Fleur with a Stunner. While Bill was distracted Harry set a fire around the clearing then he used the Incarcerous to bind him up. Harry finished with a Disarming Spell that sent all three of his opponents’ wands into his hand.

Ginny immediately started clapping and ran to give her husband a big hug and kiss. The rest of the audience started clapping as well. Harry smiled and took a bow. He turned to Bill, “I don’t think I am worthy of Ginny, but for some crazy reason she thinks I am. Are you okay with her choice?”

With a wave of his hand, Harry ended the smoke screen and fire as well as untying Bill. Bill laughed and held out his hand to Harry, when Harry took his hand Bill pulled him into a hug. “You most certainly are worthy of her. Welcome to the family.”

All of the Weasley brothers present took turns embracing Harry and publicly welcoming him into their family.

Mark was astonished by the obvious skill with which the four were fighting. Bill, Charlie and Fleur were all very good, but Harry was obviously much more skilled and powerful than the others. Mark looked over at Sarah, he could see on her face what she was thinking.

Making his way over to her he said, “If that’s how powerful the kids are, can you imagine how powerful these Death Eaters must be?”

Remus had overheard that remark and interjected, “Harry isn’t a kid anymore, especially in terms of fighting. He is one of the most powerful wizards in the world.”

The contestants made their way over to the table and Harry grabbed a cold glass of pumpkin juice. Ginny threw her arms around him and gave him a kiss. “You were amazing! I can’t believe you beat all of them.”

Tonks smiled at that comment, “Harry is a brilliant fighter. Now we need to work on his timing.”

Harry made a face, but playfully saluted Tonks. “Yes, ma’am.”

Andromeda spoke up, “Harry, you are really good. Do you mind if I ask have you ever dueled my sister?”

“Just once at the Ministry, after Sirius…anyway it didn’t last long. Voldemort showed up and took over,” Harry answered.

Mark looked from Andromeda to Harry. “You dueled her sister? For real?”

Andromeda made a face. “Sadly yes. My sister is…”

“A psychotic bitch?” Harry supplied helpfully.

Ginny laughed as Hermione reprimanded him for his language.

“Well, that’s not exactly the phrase I was going for, but it does fit.” Andromeda laughed. Turning back to the Grangers she explained, “Most of my family supports Voldemort and believes in his pureblood supremacy crap. My sister Bellatrix is one of his most loyal supporters, she spend 14 years in Azkaban, our prison, for the crimes she committed as part of Voldemort's inner circle. My other sister, Narcissa, is married to one of the other members of his inner circle. The family was so proud of both of them while I was disowned by my family for marrying Ted because he is Muggleborn.”

“Do you think your sister would come after us?” Mark asked.

“In a heartbeat,” Andromeda replied sadly. "She honestly hates all Muggles, but she has a special hatred for families of Muggle-born witches and wizards."

After the contestants had recovered from their duel, Ron yelled, “Okay, now it’s Quidditch time!”

With a wave of his hand, Harry summoned his and Ginny’s brooms. The whole party wandered out to the orchard to watch the game.

Mark leaned over to Remus. “What’s Quidditch?”

Remus threw him a pitying look. “Quidditch is only the most brilliant sport in the world.”

Mark spent the walk out to the orchard getting a crash course on Quidditch. With a slightly dazed look on his face, Mark took a seat on the benches conjured up by Remus and Arthur.

Bill took charge out on the makeshift Quidditch pitch. “We have enough for two teams. Harry will be captain of one and Charlie will be captain of the other. Gentleman who will be on your team — state their name and position.”

Charlie started, “Ron, keeper.”

“Ginny, chaser”

“Bill, chaser”

“Oliver, keeper”

“Fred, beater”

“George, beater.”

Charlie smirked, “Dad, chaser.”

“Angelina, chaser.”

Bill stepped up, “Okay the teams are even. Harry, Ginny, Oliver, Angelina, and George against Charlie, me, Fred, Ron, and Dad.”

The Quidditch equipment was quickly brought out. Remus released the Quaffle and agreed to be the scorekeeper. He let out one Bludger for each side and the golden Snitch.

Ginny took command of the Quaffle right away scoring the first points of the game. Ginny and Angelina had a scoring advantage over Bill and Arthur, not only were they the more skilled pair they also played more frequently. Ron was working hard, not letting in nearly as many goals as were attempted. Having Fred and George playing against each other seemed to be a mistake, they were more interested in hitting the Bludger at each other than at the other players.

Harry and Charlie were circling above the other players searching for the snitch. Harry decided to see how good Charlie really was, he made another quick circle of the pitch. He didn’t see the Snitch, so he took off in a steep dive. He could feel Charlie diving after him, he dove in an almost vertical dive before pulling up only a few feet from the ground. He smiled when he heard a thud behind him as Charlie ploughed into the ground.

Shaking it off, Charlie climbed back onto his broom and started circling the pitch once again. Glaring at Harry he asked, “What the hell was that?”

Harry smirked. “A perfectly executed Wronski Feint.”

The two seekers continued to circle the pitch, Ginny and Angelina were outscoring and outflying the others. The score was soon 200-60 in favor of Harry’s team.

Harry saw a familiar glint of gold halfway across the pitch fluttering towards the ground. Charlie was closer, but had not seen the Snitch yet. Harry flew casually closer to the Snitch, but when Charlie saw it Harry abandoned all pretenses and took off in pursuit of the Snitch. He dove and reaching out, he grabbed the Snitch just before Charlie did. He rose triumphantly with the golden ball fluttering in his hand.

The players landed, everyone laughing and congratulating Harry’s team on their victory. Charlie headed over to Harry and held out his hand. “I guess now I know why everyone talks about you so much. That was brilliant. You really could go pro.”

Harry laughed and shook Charlie’s hand. “Thanks. You never know, maybe when all of this is over I’ll be able to play.”

Mark Granger had spent the day talking to the Weasleys and the Tonks and just watching everyone around him. He had to admit he was every bit as fascinated by the magical world as Arthur was by the Muggle world.

Harry and Ginny wandered over to the rest of the group hand in hand, Ginny was beaming watching everyone together. Hermione and her mother were talking quietly, but turned as Harry and Ginny approached.

“That was great, Harry; as usual. Ginny, I’ve never seen you play before, but that was amazing. You are better than any of your brothers.” Hermione said.

“Thanks, Hermione.” Harry replied.

“Thanks,” Ginny replied.

Sarah looked at the two of them. “That was amazing, I’ve never seen anything like it. How long have you played?”

“I never flew until my first year at Hogwarts. During our flying lessons first year, I ended up diving down to grab a friend’s Remembrall.” Harry laughed. “I thought I was going to get expelled, but instead I made the Quidditch team.”

Hermione laughed, “Yeah, the youngest player in a century.”

Ginny smiled, “I started flying when I was six. I used to steal my brothers’ brooms out of the broom shed to practice. I started playing at Beauxbatons in my third year. That year, the Tri-Wizard Tournament was held at Hogwarts so many of the older students were at Hogwarts. I got onto the team and have been on ever since.”

“What? You still had Quidditch that year? That’s no fair!” Harry exclaimed.

“Yeah, Fred, George, come over here!” Harry called.

The twins walked over to Harry.

“Can you believe they still had Quidditch at Beauxbatons the year of the Tri-Wizard Tournament? That’s when Ginny made the team,” Harry told them.

“What? That’s not fair. We had to skip a whole year, well actually two years of Quidditch,” Fred exclaimed.

“Why did you skip two years?” asked Sarah. She had heard about the Tri-Wizard Tournament from Hermione and knew it had ended badly, but she wasn’t too clear on the details. After everything she'd heard today, she wasn't sure that she wanted to know exactly what had happened.

“The first year was for the tournament,” Harry answered, “the second year we had an evil defense teacher. She banned me and the twins after our first match. We got in a fight with Malfoy and she banned us, not him of course.”

“Evil defense teacher?” Sarah asked Hermione. It seemed there was quite a bit she hadn’t heard about.

“Yeah.” Fred said, “She was from Ministry and was…”

“…just evil. She wanted us to learn defense without practicing anything,” George added.

“She made all of these stupid proclamations and generally made our life difficult,” Fred told her.

Hermione took over the conversation. “The Ministry didn’t believe Harry that Voldemort was back, so they sent Professor Umbridge. She didn’t really teach us, so Harry formed a defense group to teach us defense.”

“Harry formed?” asked Harry.

Hermione blushed. “Okay it was my idea, but Harry did all the teaching.”

“Yeah, even with that evil woman slicing his hand open,” added Ron who had joined them.

“What do you mean?” asked Sarah.

Harry held up his hand where you could still read ‘I must not tell lies’ on his right hand. “She had this blood quill that she made me use during detention. It carved the words into my hand.”

Mark watched the young man interact with his wife. He had seen Harry at different times, but he had never before had a conversation with him. He was impressed with the level of maturity he sensed coming from him. He had noticed throughout the afternoon that Harry was a natural leader, even the older adults seemed to defer to him.

“Harry,” Mark said, “Remus was telling us you thought it would be a good idea for us to go into hiding.”

Harry nodded. “Unfortunately, Voldemort’s Death Eaters have a history of trying to use family members against their opponents. As one of my best friends and a prominent Muggleborn, Hermione is a target and as such so are her parents. The Weasley’s home is under protection, my aunt and uncle are under protection, and Remus is under protection. That leaves only you unprotected.”

“So where would we go?” asked Sarah.

“You would be more than welcome to stay in my house or Andromeda and Ted Tonks have a suite in their house where you could stay. Honestly I think you might be more comfortable at the Tonks’s house. The suite is actually a detached apartment that has electricity. Ted’s family are Muggles and he had the suite set up for them. As you probably know, most wizards don’t have electricity. Our magic interferes with electronic machinery,” Harry replied.

“You could even stay with us at Harry’s until school started then go to the Tonks’s house, if you want,” Hermione interjected.

Mark looked at Andromeda. “Are you sure you wouldn’t mind?”

“Not in the least,” Andromeda replied. “Whatever we can do to help we will be glad to do.”

“Let me talk to Sarah and I will let you know. Thank you so much for your kind offer.”

The afternoon turned into early evening and lanterns lit up the garden. The party sat down for a large dinner. Ginny was sitting at one end of the table with Harry on her left and Andromeda on her right. Hermione and her parents were sitting next to Harry with Ted, Tonks and Remus across from them. The twins, Oliver, Angelina, and Charlie were sitting in the middle of the table talking about the twins’ shop. At the other end of the table, Molly, Madame Delacour, and Fleur were going over wedding plans with Bill and Arthur listening quietly. Emerald was curled up on Ginny’s lap sleeping, she had a big day.

Hermione turned to her father. “Dad, you’ve always liked history, have you ever heard of the stone of the Iceni?”

“Stone of the Iceni?” Mark thought it over. “No, I don’t think so. Why?”

“We’ve recently come across a reference to the stone in connection with one of the founders of Hogwarts. I know that the Iceni were a Muggle tribe. We don’t know if the stone is Muggle or magical in origin,” Hermione explained.

“If you’re really interested, there is an Iceni museum over in Norfolk. It is a recreation of an Iceni village around the time of the Roman invasion. They might have information on this stone,” Mark answered.

Hermione looked over at Harry and Ginny. “That’s a great idea.”

Harry nodded, “We can go this week to see it.”

“Well as long as you are in Norfolk, you should go see Slytherin’s manor house,” put in Andromeda.

Silence settled on that end of the table while everyone looked at Andromeda. Harry recovered first. “Slytherin’s manor is still standing?”

“Yes, it’s quite a place. They set up a museum and even have a gift shop,” Andromeda laughed.

“I didn’t realize any of the founders had a museum,” Harry said.

Andromeda coloured slightly. “I believe Slytherin may be the only one to have one. The rest of the founders left their personal affects to the school.”

“I’ve never heard of it before,” Remus said.

Andromeda flushed again. “The museum is not open to all. In keeping with Slytherin’s beliefs, only purebloods are aware of it’s existence.”

“Purebloods or Slytherins?” Harry asked.

“Probably only Slytherins,” Andromeda answered. “In order to get into the museum you need to be…well better than a half-blood.”

“What does that mean?” asked Harry.

Andromeda looked unhappy with the topic, but explained, “You and Dora would both be welcome at the museum, you each have one pureblood parent and one muggleborn parent. That’s a little different from a muggleborn, both your parents were magical. Ted would not be welcome nor would Hermione.”

Remus cleared his throat. “What about me? I am a pureblood, but…”

Andromeda looked thoughtful for a moment. “I don’t think that would be an issue. I think you would still be welcome.”

Mark looked confused. “Why would you not be accepted?”

Remus looked at Hermione who nodded. He explained, “I am a werewolf.”

Mark and Sarah both looked startled. “Like howl at the moon, turn into a wolf at the full moon?” Mark asked.

Remus gave a bitter laugh. “Yes. The Muggle world has done quite a job of making us look like monsters, not that the wizarding world is much better.”

“Remus, stop. Once a month you turn into a werewolf, the rest of the month you are a really good person,” Harry said.

Remus laughed. “My godson is a little biased, but he comes by it honestly — his father was the same way.”

“Anyhow, back to this Slytherin museum. Do you know where it is?” Harry asked.

Andromeda nodded. “I can get you the apparition site.”

After dessert had been served and the dishes cleared away, Molly cleared her throat. “It is time for presents now.”

Ginny smiled as a pile of presents landed on the table in front of her. Her parents gave her a pair of diamond earrings, Hermione and her parents gave her a set of books by a Muggle author named Jane Austin, Ted and Andromeda Tonks had given her a book of household charms, Remus and Tonks gave her a set of defense books, Ron gave her a box of chocolate frogs, Charlie gave her a small dragon he had carved out of wood, and the twins gave her an assortment of Wizarding Wheeze products. Her favourite present other than the ones from Harry came from Bill and Fleur. They gave her a photo album filled with pictures from the bonding ceremony.

The evening ended with a fireworks display by Fred and George. Harry and Ginny said goodbye to all of their friends and family before apparating back to Grimmauld Place. Hermione was going back home with her parents to help them prepare to go to the Tonks’s place, Charlie was staying the night with Bill at his place, and Remus and Tonks were staying the night with her parents to help get the suite ready for the Grangers.

Harry smiled at Ginny as they apparated back into the foyer of Grimmauld Place. Emerald immediately started meowing trying to get down, she did not like the sensation of apparating. Ginny banished her presents up to their room.

Ginny leaned up and wrapped her arms around Harry’s neck. “Thank you for the best birthday, ever.”

Harry kissed her softly. “You’re welcome, love.”

Ginny took Harry’s hand and led him down the hall to the conservatory. They entered the room and wandered over to the fountain in the center of the room. Ginny leaned against Harry wrapping her arms around his waist breathing in the perfumed air around them.

Harry pulled her close and kissed her on top of the head as he ran his hands down her back. “I’m glad you had such a good day,” he murmured into her hair.

Ginny looked up at him. “I love you.”

Harry smiled down at her. “I love you, too.”

Ginny pulled out of his arms slightly. “You know, I think this is my favorite room in the whole house — well other than our room. It reminds me of Beauxbatons.”

Ginny turned back to look at Harry. “I know we haven’t really talked about what we are going to do next month, but I want to go back to Hogwarts.”

“Are you sure?” Harry asked. “That is what I want to do, but I don’t want you to be unhappy. You have so many friends at Beauxbatons.”

Ginny laughed, “I wouldn’t be unhappy with you around. Besides, I need to do this. I need to return to Hogwarts.”

Harry looked thoughtfully at her. “We could write to Professor McGonagall in the morning, you were sorted in Gryffindor so she is your head of house. She can help us figure out what we need to do.”

Ginny nodded. “That’s a great idea.” She looked up at Harry. “But they need to make some kind of arrangements for us, I’m not sleeping without you.”

“I agree,” Harry responded, “We are married and we will be together.”

Ginny smiled and took a step closer to Harry. “You know, we are in this house all by ourselves.”

Harry smiled, “Really, Mrs. Potter. What are you suggesting?”

“I think,” Ginny replied as she ran her hand up under Harry’s shirt, “that the perfect ending to my birthday would be to make love to my gorgeous husband in this beautiful garden.”

Harry stripped off his shirt before pulling her close. “Whatever you want on your birthday, love.”




Hermione came downstairs the next morning to find her father in his study and her mum sitting at the kitchen table with a notepad in front of her.

“Good morning, love,” her mum greeted her.

“Good morning, mum. What are you doing?” Hermione asked as she poured herself a cup of coffee.

“Making a list of everything we need to do today. Your father is talking to Jason Wilson, do you remember him?” Sarah asked.

Hermione shook her head. Sarah explained, “He’s a dentist, we went to school with him. Your dad and I had dinner with him last month and he was telling us that his son, David had just graduated from Dental School and joined his practice. They don’t have as big a practice as we do, so your father and I were going to see if they wanted to take over our practice for a while.”

“What reason are you giving him?” Hermione asked.

“We want to take some time off and travel,” Sarah replied.

Hermione looked around the room, Sarah had already pulled out some boxes. “What do you need me to do?”

“Can you make some of these phone calls for me? We need to stop our mail, turn off our utilities, and stop the paper,” Sarah asked.

Hermione nodded and took the list her mother handed her. Sarah got to work packing up the kitchen, as she worked she told Hermione, “Andromeda told us they had a Muggle kitchen, so we’re just going to take most of the food with us. She said they have the basics, a coffee maker, a tea kettle, and some pots and pans. I guess Ted’s sister lived there for a while and that’s where his parents stay when they come to visit.”

“Are you turning off your phone, Mum?” Hermione asked.

“Yes, we’ll just use the mobile.” Sarah replied, she turned to Hermione. “Can you use a mobile?”

Hermione looked up. “I think so. I’ve heard some of the other Muggleborns referring to them.”

“How about if I got one for you, Harry and Remus? That way we’d increase number of people that we could get in touch with in a non magical way,” Sarah asked.

“That’s a great idea. Harry definitely knows how to use a phone, I think Remus does as well. He’s spent quite a bit of time in the Muggle world,” Hermione replied.




Minerva looked up as an unfamiliar owl soared down into the great hall where she was eating breakfast with the other Professors. It was just under three weeks until the next school year started and most of the Professors were returning from their various trips and vacations to begin the work of lesson planning for the upcoming year.

The regal brown owl stopped in front of Minerva, she took the scroll from it’s leg and offered the bird some pumpkin juice. The owl hooted and drank a little juice before taking off again. Minerva opened the letter.

Professor McGonagall,

I would like to meet with you about the upcoming school year. We could meet at same spot as last time late this morning.

Thanks,

HJP


Minerv a raised her eyebrows at the note. She had been wondering what Harry and Ginny would be doing, this meeting should answer that question. She finished her breakfast and went in search of the Charms professor. She found him in his private office reviewing lesson plans.

“Filius,” Minerva knocked on the doorframe.

“Minerva, please come in,” Filius said.

Minerva entered and closed the door behind her, she cast a privacy spell at the door. Filius raised his eyebrow, but did not comment.

“I received a letter from Mr. Potter,” Minerva told Filius, “he wants to meet with me today about the upcoming school year.”

“Is there some question about what he will do?” Filius asked, “He’s heading into his seventh year.”

Minerva took a deep breath. “Filius, what do you know about the Chamber of Secrets?”

Filius looked confused for a moment, but a pained look crossed his face as he tried to remember what he had heard about the Chamber of Secrets. Minerva waited quietly while Filius broke through the rather weak Confundus Charms that had been placed on the students and professors during the Leaving Feast after the 1992-1993 school year.

Filius looked up in horror. “Merlin, what on earth happened?”

Minerva explained to Filius what Harry and Remus had shared with her. She finished with, “I don’t know if he will want to come back. I hope he will, but I don’t know what his decision will be. If he does come back, what sort of quarters can we offer him and his bride?”




Bill awakened the morning after Ginny’s party on a mission. He was looking for a house for he and Fleur to live in. They each had a flat in London, but they knew they wanted children and they wanted a house.

“Bill,” Charlie called from the kitchen, “you have an owl.”

Charlie took the parchment and offered the owl an owl treat and some water.

Bill entered the kitchen and took the parchment from his brother. “It’s from Hogwarts,” he said in a puzzled voice.

Dear Mr. Weasley,

I find that I am once again in need of a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. I would like to set up an interview to discuss the possibility of you taking the position.

If you think this is something you would be interested in, please owl me at your earliest convenience.

Albus Dumbledore
Reviews 410
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear