Search:

SIYE Time:17:33 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Remember
By potterfan2008

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 410
Summary: The summer after the Chamber of Secrets was hard on everyone. How come no one can remember what happened? Prior to starting his seventh year at Hogwarts, Harry realizes he is missing some memories from his second year. Together with Remus Lupin, Harry sets out to discover what happened. He hopes to find out about that pretty red head he has been dreaming about as well.
Hitcount: Story Total: 353591; Chapter Total: 11044
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
The Iceni village mentioned in this chapter is real and it is near the village of Cockley Cley. The rumors about Queen Boudica being buried under King’s Cross is an urban legend I found too good to pass up. Julia Quinn is also real, she is one of my favorite romance authors.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry went downstairs in search of his wife, it was two days since Ginny’s birthday and they had been two busy days. Remus, Tonks, Hermione and her parents were finishing all the arrangements to move the Grangers to the Tonks’s residence. Bill and Fleur along with their mothers were busy with wedding arrangements, travel arrangements and sleeping arrangements for the guests. For Harry and Ginny, the past two days had been spent training, exploring the hidden chamber, and being with each other.

Professor McGonagall was expected for tea today to meet with Harry and Ginny. Harry jumped down the last few steps and entered the drawing room. He knew that Ginny was planning to set up tea in the drawing room. After he entered the room, he caught sight of Ginny, all other thoughts left his mind. She looked amazing, Harry stared at her, trying to catch his breath. She had left her hair loose and curls rained around her shoulders, she wore a simple white sundress that flaunted her long legs and graceful curves.

“Ginny,” Harry’s voice came out much huskier than normal. “You look…amazing. You are so beautiful.”

Ginny smiled at his obvious appreciation, she walked up and kissed him softly. “Thank you, love.” Ginny stepped back and looked at him, “You look pretty amazing yourself.” Harry was wearing a tight white tee shirt and jeans, while it was not dressy, it showcased the body his training had provided.

Harry shook his head as if to clear it, “Is something wrong, love? It felt like you were getting anxious or nervous.”

Ginny looked around the room and back at him, “I just want everything to be nice. This is the first time I’m welcoming someone into our home…I guess I am a little nervous.”

Harry smiled when she said ‘our home,’ he glanced around the room for the first time. Remus had gotten rid of all of the dark objects in the room so it was bright and clean. Ginny had set up flowers on the low table and had a tea set ready. Harry had prepared scones at Ginny’s request earlier in the day.

“It will be fine, everything looks great,” Harry reassured Ginny. He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her, “You most of all.”

Ginny smiled and ran her hands up his arms, “I love you.”

Harry kissed her softly on the neck, “I love you too. I am very proud to have you as my wife. You don’t need to be nervous.”

Before Ginny could reply, they heard the front door open. Harry felt Ginny tense slightly in his arms, “It’s okay. It’s just Remus and Professor McGonagall, everything will be fine.”

He kissed her on the cheek before releasing her. As they stepped apart, Remus and Minerva entered the room.

Remus entered first and clapped Harry on the shoulder, “Cub.” He walked over to Ginny and kissed her on the cheek, “Ginny, you look great.”

Harry and Ginny greeted Remus and turned to Professor McGonagall, “Professor, thank you for coming.” Harry said.

“Professor, welcome to our home,” Ginny said, she gestured to the sitting area, “Please sit down.”

“Thank you, Mrs. Potter, Mr. Potter,” Minerva replied.

After they all sat down, Ginny poured tea for everyone. As they sat munching on scones, they discussed quidditch camp. Minerva was proud to hear how well Harry had done at camp.

Harry turned to Minerva, “Professor, Ginny and I would like to return to Hogwarts this year. Ginny would obviously need to transfer back to Hogwarts. What would we need to do?”

Minerva permitted herself a small smile as she surveyed the couple before her, “I have spoken to Madame Maxine. After I got your note, I assumed one of the two of you would be transferring so I contacted her to see what would need to be done in either case.”

Minerva turned to Ginny, “Mrs. Potter I sure you are familiar with the O.W.L.s that our students take at the end of their 5th year.”

Ginny nodded, “At Beauxbatons, you take your exams at the end of your 6th year.”

“What subjects were you taking?” Minerva asked.

“Transfiguration, Charms, Potions, Herbology, Defense Against the Dark Arts, History of Magic, Arithmancy, and Ancient Runes,” replied Ginny.

Minerva nodded, she had pulled a sheaf of parchment out of her robes and was taking notes as they talked. “After reviewing the Beauxbatons curriculum, you should be at the same level as the other incoming 6th year students. We would like you to take your O.W.L.s by the end of September, will that be a problem?”

Ginny looked a little dazed, but shook her head, “No, I assumed I would need to take them.”

Minerva gave Ginny an approving nod, “Based on how well you do in your classes and what how well you think you may do on your O.W.L.s, what classes do you think you would drop?”

“Herbology and History of Magic,” Ginny replied.

Minerva nodded, “That sounds acceptable. We will plan for you to take Transfiguration, Charms, Potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Arithmancy, and Ancient Runes. If any changes need to be made after you take your O.W.L.s we will do so at that time.”

Minerva looked from Harry to Ginny and took a deep breath, “I don’t mean to pry, but can you read each other’s thoughts?”

Harry looked at his Head of House, “Excuse me?”

He looked at Ginny who seemed amused and then at Remus who to his surprise looked curious as well.

Minerva looked uncomfortable, “Soul bonds are very uncommon so not much is known about them, but I’ve always heard that the couple can read each other’s minds.”

Ginny laughed, “No, Professor, we can’t read each other’s minds.”

Minerva looked relieved, “Good, that would make classes much harder.”

“I have to admit, I was curious about that as well,” Remus added.

“The Duke’s Bonding?” Ginny smirked.

Minerva flushed, “I’m sorry to say, yes.”

Harry looked from one to the other, “What are you talking about?”

Ginny laughed, “I’ll tell you later.”

“Professor, what about…where will we live?” Harry asked.

“I assume that living in separate dorms would not be acceptable to you?” Minerva asked.

“No, we are married, we are staying together,” Harry responded.

“I thought as much,” Minerva responded, “Hogwarts is an amazing castle, I went into the Gryffindor tower before I came and at the top of the stairs of the boys’ dorm is a new room that I believe is for the two of you. The castle always adjusts to the number of boys and girls for each house and so it adjusted for the two of you as well.”

Harry and Ginny exchanged a smile, “Thank you, Professor.”

Remus and Minerva both left soon afterwards, Remus returning to the Tonks’s house and Minerva returning to Hogwarts.

“That went really well, don’t you think?” Ginny asked after they left.

Harry had walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her, “That went great and you were brilliant.”

Ginny laughed and leaned back against him, Harry ran kisses down her neck. “Do you have any idea how hard it was talking to Professor McGonagall with you looking so incredibly sexy?”

Ginny turned in his arms and ran her hands across his chest, “You were a bit distracting yourself.”

Ginny ran her hands up under his shirt and pulled it over his head before pulling him down for a passionate kiss. Harry responded by pulling her closer, molding her body against his. His hands roamed down her back and down her thighs until he reached bare skin, he ran his hands up under her dress. Harry pulled her dress up her body, breaking their kiss only long enough to pull it over her head. Harry tossed her dress over his shoulder, then broke off the kiss to run kisses down her neck. Ginny moaned and reached down to unsnap his jeans. Harry lifted his head and looked around the room, he silently cast a locking and silencing charm over the room.

Harry lifted Ginny up bridal style and carried her to the sofa. He gently laid her down and lay down with her. Ginny’s beautiful red hair fanned out on the couch behind her, her warm brown eyes were bright with desire and love, and her lips were puffy from kissing Harry. He was entranced, he kissed her passionately. Harry and Ginny spent the rest of the afternoon, making love in the drawing room.

Harry lay back on the couch, Ginny was curled up on his chest listening to his heart beat.

“What was that with the mind reading thing?” Harry asked as he played absently with her hair.

Ginny started laughing, “That is one of the biggest rumors about soul bonds is that the couple can read each other’s minds.” Suddenly a mischievous smile lit Ginny’s face, “I’ll be right back.”

Harry watched bemused as Ginny pulled on his tee shirt and ran upstairs, she returned a few minutes later and pressed a book into his hand. Harry turned it over and looked at the front cover, the cover had a simple picture rose. The book was called, The Duke’s Bonding by Julia Quinn. Harry flipped through the book, he almost dropped it when he read a random passage ‘he slowly moved up her body…’

“Gin, what kind of book is this?”

Ginny was laughing by this time, “It is considered the definitive book on soul bonds. You should read it.”

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHHPHPHPHP

Bill sat back on his couch and looked at Fleur, he had just finished telling her of Dumbledore’s offer. He waited nervously for her response.

“What do you want to do, my love?” Fleur asked.

“I don’t know,” Bill groaned as he rubbed the scars on the side of his face. “I think it would be a great way to fully recover from my injuries. I spoke to Gornuk, he said it would not be a problem for me to work at Hogwarts for a year.”

Fleur smiled lovingly at Bill, “You want to be close to Ginny, don’t you?”

Bill nodded wearily, “I do. I keep hearing Harry telling me about Ginny’s first year, I know Harry would never ignore her or let her get hurt, but I want to make sure. I mean she had four brothers at school with her, four — and she still didn’t have anyone watching out for her.”

“Bill you know she will be safe, Harry will take care of her,” Fleur responded.

“I know, I know I don’t need to be there, but I want to be there. If I’m there I can help them figure out where to find the Iceni stone and how to use it. I want to help them,” Bill said.

“So, what is the problem?” Fleur asked.

Bill looked over at her, “I feel like I keep asking you to change things or do things differently…I mean you had a beautiful wedding planned at your family’s house and now you had to change at the last minute and get married at the Burrow. I go from being a curse breaker to working a desk to maybe teaching…I just don’t want you to decide that everything is too different and you don’t want to do this anymore.”

Fleur rolled her eyes, “William Weasley, you did not just say that. I love you and I am going to marry you. I don’t care if we get married at my parents’ house or the Burrow or the Ministry of Magic. If you want to teach at Hogwarts, we will go to Hogwarts, it doesn’t matter as long as we are together.”

Bill smiled, “I love you, Fleur.”

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHP

Hermione, Remus and Tonks were at Grimmauld Place for dinner for the first time in several days. The Grangers had finished packing up and had moved into the Tonks’s apartment.

Harry looked down the table and announced, “I want to go to Norfolk tomorrow. Who wants to come?”

“Should we split up or how do you want to do this?” Hermione asked.

Ginny spoke up, “I would like to go to both the museum and the manor house.”

In the end it was decided that they would all go to the Iceni museum and then Remus, Harry and Ginny would go on to Slytherin’s manor.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHP

The Iceni village and museum opened at 10 am, so at 9:30 the next morning the group apparated into the village of Cockley Cley where to museum was located. The group separated before they reached the recreated Iceni village. Remus, Tonks, and Hermione decided to wander through the village on their own, while Harry and Ginny decided to take the guided tour.

Harry and Ginny joined the queue of visitors waiting for the tour. The tour guide, Susan, was lively and well informed. They entered the village through the drawbridge entrance, the village was a recreation of a Roman era Iceni village. They explored the roundhouses, the watchtower and the Iron Age defenses. The couple was disappointed to learn that the Iceni were an illiterate culture so there were no written records from the Iceni themselves. They learned of the famed revolt of the Iceni against the Roman invaders lead by Queen Boudica in AD 60.

After the tour was over, Susan lingered answering questions from the visitors. Harry wandered over to the guide.

“Hi. That was a great tour, very informative,” Harry said.

“Thank you. I’m glad you enjoyed it,” Susan responded.

“When I was researching a paper for school, I came across a reference to the Stone of the Iceni,” Harry explained, “Have you ever heard of it?”

Susan wrinkled her brow, “I have heard references to it, but I’ve never seen any descriptions or pictures of the stone.”

“What kind of stone do you think it is?” Ginny asked.

“My impression is that it is some type of quartz that would harness energies or powers, if you believe in that sort of thing.” Susan explained, “It is rumored to have disappeared with Queen Boudica.”

“I heard one of the other visitors saying that she was buried under Platform 10 at King’s Cross in London,” remarked Ginny.

Susan sighed, “I always hope that those rumors die away, but they still flare up. She is not buried in King’s Cross. That’s one of those urban legends, there is no truth to it. We don’t know exactly where she is buried.”

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Her mione and Tonks decided to stay at the Iceni village and see if they could find out anything else. Harry, Ginny, and Remus walked back into Cockley Cley proper where they had reserved a room. There they changed from the Muggle clothing they usually favored into more formal wizarding robes. Remus wore plain black robes, while Harry wore grey robes lined with black, and Ginny wore silver robes lines in green echoing the Slytherin colors. Both Harry and Ginny wore hooded robes to obscure their identities, while they did not think they would be able to hide their identities completely, they did not want to announce them on arrival.

Harry, Ginny, and Remus followed Andromeda’s instructions and apparated to Slytherin’s manor home near the coast just north of Sandringham. As they arrived, Harry could feel the magic in the air. “Muggle Repelling Charms and Blood Status Wards,” Remus explained in a whisper.

They joined a line at the main gate, Harry pulled his hair down more firmly over his scar and lifted the hood on his robes. Remus led the group with Harry and Ginny following closely behind. In keeping with pureblood customs, Ginny walked a step behind Harry. At the gate was a guard in Slytherin green and silver, he took their names and verified their blood status with a spell. Remus gave Black as their family name portraying himself as Remus Black with his nephew Harry and his wife Ginevra. Ginny had made a face when Remus mentioned using her full name, but she knew purebred customs well enough to know that nicknames were not considered appropriate.

The guard admitted them to the grounds and it was only then the manor home became visible in the distance. The three of them headed down the tree lined path to the house. The walk was pleasant, Harry reached out for Ginny’s hand. He smiled at her as he enjoyed to warm breeze on his face and the sound of birds overhead. After a ten minute walk, the path came to an end. Ahead was the manor home, it a large stone castle. There was a formal garden to one side of the lawn with a pond in the center. There were guides in emerald and silver robes gesturing them into the home.

The non descript grey wall of the outer castle gave way to beautiful soft grey walls of the front hall. The large front hall was lined with beautiful tapestries, the founding of Hogwarts was displayed on the tapestries and there was a serpent motif throughout the room. The front hall gave way to a large room reminiscent of the great hall at Hogwarts on a smaller scale, there was a large table on a raised platform at one end of the room. Behind the platform was a beautiful tapestry depicting a large brilliant green Basilisk, Ginny shuddered at the life like depiction of the Basilisk.

Harry and Ginny walked hand and hand into the large public drawing room. The room was not fully furnished, but there were two groupings of sofas and chairs on either side of the room. There was a large fireplace against one wall and dominating the opposite wall was a large glassed in tank that held three large beautifully colored snakes.

Harry laughed as he walked closer to the tank. “What is it?” Ginny asked.

“They are commenting on the visitors walking by,” Harry answered gesturing to the snakes.

Harry walked over and crouched by the tank, there was a brilliant scarlet serpent coiled in the corner. Harry looked around the room, the other visitors had moved onto another room leaving only Harry, Ginny, and Remus in the room.

“Hello,” Harry whispered in Parseltongue to the serpent.

All three snakes froze in place, “How can you speak to us?” the scarlet snake hissed.

“I can speak to snakes. Haven’t you met another man who could speak to snakes?” Harry responded.

“We have heard of such men,” the large black and green striped snake answered, “but there has not been one here in our lifetime. The stories have been passed down about the great man that built this house, he could speak to snakes.”

“How long have you been here?” Harry asked.

“We were all born here,” hissed the golden snake, “we are descended from the companions of the great man that built this house.”

“Do you know how old you are?” Harry asked.

The three snakes hissed among each other before the scarlet snake answered, “We are 150 of your years old.”

“Has there not been another man since Slytherin who could talk to you?” Harry persisted.

“There was one other,” replied the scarlet snake, “he visited in my father’s time.”

“Are you the only snakes in the house?” Harry asked.

“Yes,” answered all three snakes.

As Harry, Ginny, and Remus hurried to catch up with rest of the tour group, Harry told the others of the conversation with the snakes. One of the last rooms they entered was a library, it was a large two story room with wall to wall shelves. There was large writing desk against one wall, behind the desk on the wall was the familiar entwined serpent carving.

Harry and Ginny lingered near the desk while the others filed out of the room. Remus stood near the doorway. Harry cast a silencing charm on the room and then looked at the carving and said, “Open.”

The carving slid open and behind the carving was a beautiful granite tablet. Harry drew his wand and cast a few charms over the tablet, not seeing any other protections he reached out and grabbed the tablet. As he slid the tablet into his robes, he looked around half expecting the room to fill with emerald and silver clad guides. No one appeared, so the three of them caught up with the rest of the tour out by the gardens.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPPHP

Ton ks and Hermione sat down to tea in the village. They had spent several hours at the Iceni village, but had not discovered anything new.

“Did you hear that rumor the Queen Boudica was buried under platform 10 in King’s Cross?” Hermione asked.

Tonks nodded, “I heard, but they said it was not true.”

“Maybe the Muggles couldn’t find it,” Hermione replied.

“What are you thinking?” Tonks eyed the younger woman curiously.

“It just seems extremely coincidental that she is rumored to be buried under platform 10.” Hermione looked up at Tonks, “Can we get onto Platform 9 ¾ now?”

Tonks nodded, “Yeah, do you want to check it out?”

“Yes. Should we wait for the others?” Hermione asked.

Tonks shook her head, “No. We should go now, but let’s stop by the house and see if Bill is available. If we’re looking for a lost grave, Bill’s the one to have with us.”

The two witches disappeared into the women’s loo and apparated back to Grimmauld Place. Charlie and Bill were in the kitchen having a late lunch when Tonks and Hermione arrived.

“Hi. I thought you were out at that museum today,” Charlie said.

“We were,” Tonks replied, “Would you like to do a little reconnaissance?”

Charlie’ s eyes lit up, “Sure, what are we doing?”

“Come on,” said Tonks as she led the way out the door, “I’ll explain on the way.”

As they walked to King’s Cross, Tonks and Hermione explained what they had discovered at the village.

“So, you’re thinking that by going through Platform 9 ¾ we can access underneath Platform 10?” Bill asked.

“Yes,” Hermione replied.

After they entered the station, they made their way to Platform 9 ¾. Tonks gestured for Charlie and Hermione to go first. They leaned into the wall between Platforms 9 & 10 and entered Platform 9 ¾.

Hermione looked around with surprise, it was the first time she had seen the platform without the Hogwarts Express. The platform was dimly lit and very empty, it looked much larger without the train and the crowds Hermione had come to associate with Platform 9 ¾. Charlie cast a spell and lit up the platform, Hermione smiled her thanks as Tonks and Bill came through the barrier. The platform was much larger on the side upon which they were standing, there was a single set of tracks and a smaller platform on the other side of the tracks.

Bill was looking over the platform, he gestured to the far side, “That should be Platform 10 on the other side of that wall.”

Tonks and Hermione agreed and the three clambered down and climbed over the tracks. As they were about to climb up to the other side, Bill stopped them. “Look,” Bill gestured to an opening that led under the platform.

Tonks crouched down and peered into the opening, “Lumos.”

There appeared to be a crawl space that ran under both Platforms 9 ¾ and 10. Tonks led the way into the tunnel followed by Hermione and Charlie with Bill bringing up the rear. As they passed underneath the wall to Platform 10, the crawl space opened up so they could stand under the platform. The vibrations from the passing trains shook the walls of the underground cavern. The walls on the Magical side of the cavern were made of stone and on the Muggle side the walls were made of brick. The concrete floor was intact except for a manhole towards the Muggle side of the cavern.

Bill already had his wand out, he gestured to the floor, “There is a magical signature from under the floor, and it is very old.”

Bill walked over to the manhole, he ran his wand over the cover. The others watched silently while he cast some spells over the cover and then levitated it out of the way. The group peered down into the darkness, Bill crouched down and let his lit wand light the tunnels below.

Bill looked around at the others and dropped down into the tunnels. The others exchanged a look before dropping down to join him. The tunnels led under Platform 10 and led off into the darkness. Bill turned his attention to the wall of the tunnel nearest Platform 9 ¾, he cast several spells in quick succession and a whole in the wall opened up.

Bill led the way through the tunnel, the stone walls came down from the cavern above and merged with what appeared to be a solid wall. “Where are we?” Hermione whispered.

Bill smiled, “You don’t need to whisper Hermione. The Muggles built passageways underneath the station, this is the section under our platform.”

They fanned out around the cavern and examined the walls. After a few minutes, Charlie called out, “Bill, come look at this.”

The others gathered around the spot Charlie indicated. Bill looked at the spot, “It looks like there might have been a burial here at some point in time.”

Bill looked at the wall, he cast another spell. The air around the wall shimmered and the brick vanished. In it’s place was a rough grey stone wall, engraved on the walls were some phrases in what appeared to be Latin.

Tonks looked at the writing, “What does this say?”

Bill read the writing aloud, “Here marks the final resting place of Queen Boudica of the Iceni after her defeat at the hands of the Roman, Suetonius.”

“Wow,” Tonks said, “I guess the Muggles couldn’t find anything because she was buried in the Magical part of the tunnels.”

“She’s still there, I can sense her below. There not a burial chamber, like I’m used to in Egypt, but she is buried below,” Bill explained.

“Is there anything else there?” Hermione asked.

Bill continued examining the walls, he vanished another portion of the wall. This portion of the stone walls had a picture of Queen Boudica painted on the wall. She was dressed in regal robes and held a sword in one hand. Embedded in the handle of the sword, was a large stone.

Hermione gasped, “Could that be the stone of Iceni?”

Bill read the inscription beneath the painting, “Yes, It says ‘Queen Boudica of the Iceni with the powerful Stone of the Iceni.’”

“Could the stone still be here?” Hermione asked.

Bill shook his head, “No, because I’ve seen that sword before.”

“What?!”

“That is the sword of Slytherin. There is a replica of the sword at Grimmauld Place.” Bill announced.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHPHPHPHPHP

Bill, Charlie, Tonks and Hermione hurried back to Grimmauld Place. At the carving Bill waved his wand and the sound of Harry’s voice opened the passageway. Once in the secret chamber, they gathered around the display containing the replica of Slytherin’s sword.

“Blimey,” Tonks breathed, “It is the same sword.”

As the group regrouped in the study, they heard the front door open.

Bill poked his head out, “Hey, come down here.”

Harry, Ginny, and Remus joined the others in the study. As they walked in the door, “Harry, we found the Stone of the Iceni,” Hermione exclaimed.

“What? Where?” Harry asked.

“We don’t have the actual stone,” Bill said. He explained what they had discovered.

“The sword of Slytherin,” Harry murmured.

“Do you have any idea where it might be?” Hermione asked.

First Bill, then Harry shook their heads. Harry added, “But, this might tell us.”

Harry brought the tablet out of his robes and set it on the desk. It was a rectangular shaped black granite tablet, Harry ran his fingers over the cool smooth surface. Runes were etched into the surface, they covered the tablet.

The others peered over his shoulder at the tablet. Harry turned to look at Remus and Bill, “Do you think Slytherin hid this?”

Remus had an awed look on his face, “It’s possible. What do you think Bill?”

Bill looked mesmerized by the tablet, “Harry, this is amazing.”

He drew is wand as he walked around the desk to get a better look tablet, he waved his wand in a complicated pattern. His eyes widened as he read the results, “This is old, almost 1000 years. Where did you get it?”

“Slytherin’s manor,” Ginny replied, “Why does it look so clean and shiny if it’s over 1000 years old?”

“It’s a preservation spell,” Bill replied absently. He ran his fingers over the surface of the tablet. “How was it hidden?”

“It was behind our favorite carving,” Harry replied gesturing to carving on the wall.

Bill nodded, “Slytherin must have hidden it there, maybe it’s a message for his heir.”

Hermione turned to the others, “Do you think Voldemort found it?”

Harry shook his head, “The snakes said there had been only one other Parselmouth since Slytherin and that was in their father’s time. That had to be over 150 years ago, so Voldemort is out.”

“It must have been Hayden,” Bill said. “He and Arcturus visited there several times trying to find artifacts and piecing together what happened at Hogwarts.”

“How did they know about the Basilisk in the Chamber of Secrets?” Ginny asked, “The Basilisk was shown, but there was no indication that it was in the Chamber.”

“They must have found out about the Basilisk in some of the writings they collected,” Bill replied. “I’ve been reading their journal, they put together quite the collection of Slytherin’s writing.”

Bill gave his wand another wave and the runes etched on the tablet appeared duplicated on three sheets of parchment. He gave a copy to Remus, one to Hermione, and kept one for himself.

“I won’t have much time to work on this for the next week, but I will try to translate this,” Bill said.

“Thanks, Bill,” Harry said.

“I can’t stay for long, but I wanted to come and talk to all of you,” Bill said as he looked around the room. “Fleur and I have decided that we want to get married on Saturday instead of Monday. We figured if we changed both the place and the date, we’d have better luck avoiding trouble.”

“Saturday, that’s the day after tomorrow,” Ginny exclaimed, “will everything be ready?”

Bill laughed, “If Mum doesn’t kill me, it should all be ready. By the way, your dress is at the Burrow.”

Ginny nodded, “So what is the plan?”

“Fleur and I were hoping that everyone would stay over at the Burrow Friday night. We don’t have time to have a traditional hen or stag party, so we thought we’d all celebrate together. The wedding is at 2pm on Saturday.” Bill explained, “We had to cut down on the number of people invited, between Dad and Fleur’s father, most of the British and French ministries were going to be there. We’ve narrowed it down to family and friends, we even took some of the cousins off the list.”

Ginny laughed, “I hope you left Cousin Paige off the list.”

“Sorry, Mum wouldn’t let me,” Bill answered.

Ginny made a face, “Who’s Cousin Paige?” Harry asked.

“She is perfect, she’s beautiful and smart and she always wants to point out what keeps the rest of us from being perfect like her,” Ginny replied.

Harry kissed her on the cheek, “You are perfect.”

Bill rolled his eyes, “I also wanted you guys to be the first to know — I’ll be teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts next year.”

Ginny squealed and threw herself into her brother’s arms. “You’ll be there next year?!”

Bill laughed and hugged Ginny, “Dumbledore contacted me and it seemed perfect. Gringotts is letting me take a year off and this way I’ll still be able to help you with all of this next year.”

Hermione and Harry smiled, “That’s great!” Hermione said. “Yeah, it’ll be great to have you around,” Harry added. “What about Fleur? I didn’t think she liked Hogwarts much the first time around.”

“She didn’t, but she’s willing to give it a try. She’ll still be working in London and just living at Hogwarts,” Bill explained. “I’ve got to get going, I will see all of you tomorrow?”

“We’ll be there,” Harry replied answering for the group.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPPHPHPHPHPHHPHP HPHPHPHPHPHHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

As evening set over Slytherin’s manor, a sliver and emerald clad figure reached for a sheet of parchment. He had finally seen the couple he’d been told to watch for, he was certain. It had been her beautiful hair of fire that had caught his attention, after he’d noticed her he had watched them from a distance. He had not been able to follow them through the house, but had followed them on the grounds. He had checked at the gate and found the names Harry and Ginevra Black, it had to be them.

He carefully wrote out a message and sent it on it’s way.

Reviews 410
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear