Search:

SIYE Time:4:04 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Remember
By potterfan2008

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 410
Summary: The summer after the Chamber of Secrets was hard on everyone. How come no one can remember what happened? Prior to starting his seventh year at Hogwarts, Harry realizes he is missing some memories from his second year. Together with Remus Lupin, Harry sets out to discover what happened. He hopes to find out about that pretty red head he has been dreaming about as well.
Hitcount: Story Total: 353603; Chapter Total: 10958
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


“Good book?” Ginny teased as she plopped down on the sofa next to Harry. When he didn’t answer, she snuggled up and peered over his shoulder.

Harry turned his head and kissed her on the cheek, “Hi, love.”

“Enjoying the book?” Ginny teased.

Harry blushed a little, but rallied, “Yes. It’s very interesting. I have to say, I think it would be kind of annoying to hear everything you think and have you hear everything I think.”

Ginny laughed, “You don’t want me to hear everything you think?”

“Do you want me to hear everything you think?” Harry countered.

“Now that I think about it, no. It would come in handy for school, though,” Ginny replied.

“Only if I could help you,” Harry said, “I do okay in some classes, but we don’t even take all the same classes.”

“That’s true, could you imagine me sitting in Ancient Runes taking notes and suddenly I’m hearing your Charms class,” Ginny laughed.

“On the other hand,” Harry continued, “It could get interesting, hearing what you think about me.”

Ginny smiled, “So that’s why people are thinking we can read each other’s minds. I’m sure more people will ask us about it.”

“I wonder if the soul bond…manifests itself differently in different couples,” Harry mused.

“What do you mean?” Ginny asked.

“Maybe in some couples they can read each other’s minds,” Harry explained, “Remus said there wasn’t much information on soul bonds. Maybe the bond affects couples differently. We can sense each other’s emotions and remember the day you found the Horcrux? I could tell where you were.”

Ginny nodded slowly, “Yeah, it’s like an extra sense. I’ve felt it also.”

“I wonder about some of the other things in the book,” Harry said, “The couple in the book; they said if they were apart for more than a few days they would get physically ill. They also said if one died the other would as well.”

Ginny studied him for a minute, “That has you worried, doesn’t it?”

Harry set the book down and turned to face Ginny, he ran his hand through her hair, “It’s just that I’m number one on Voldemort’s list of people to kill. If he does manage to kill me, I don’t want you to die.”

Ginny shook her head, “Love, do you think if you died I would want to live? Or if Voldemort won that he would let me live?”

Harry closed his eyes as if to ward off her words, “Baby, I don’t want you to die.”

Ginny leaned over and kissed him softly, “I don’t want you to die either, so we just need to make sure that neither one of us dies.”

Harry pulled Ginny onto his lap and held her close, “I love you.”

“I love you too,” Ginny replied as she snuggled onto his lap. They sat quietly for a while exchanging kisses and just enjoying each other’s company.

“Are you worried about going to the Burrow tomorrow?” Harry asked after a while.

Ginny sat up and pulled away a little, “I don’t know. A little, I don’t know how Mum will react to me going back to Hogwarts.”

“Do you think she is still trying to keep us apart?” Harry asked.

“She better not be,” Ginny replied heatedly, “But if I know her, she’s not going to be happy.”
_______________________________ ________________________________________ _____________________________
Harry and Ginny joined the others at the Tonks’s house for dinner later that evening. Harry was telling Andromeda about the Slytherin museum.

Andromeda shook her head, “So you did find something? That’s amazing.”

“Have you ever been there?” Ginny asked.

“When I was a child, my mother used to take me and my sisters there,” Andromeda answered. “I remember being freaked out by the snakes. I always felt they were watching me.”

Harry laughed, “They probably were. They were ‘wizard watching’ and making comments about the people passing their tank. It was kind of funny.”

“What do you mean?” Sarah asked.

Harry threw a questioning look at Hermione who shook her head slightly, “Well, I can talk to snakes.” Harry answered.

“You can talk to them, like in some sort of snake language?” Sarah asked leaning forward.

Harry nodded and closed his eyes for a minute visualizing the snakes he’d spoken to earlier and replied in Parseltongue, “Yes.”

Harry laughed at the shudders he saw around the table, “Come on it’s not that bad is it?”

Ginny leaned over and kissed him on the cheek, “Sorry, love. It is kind of creepy.”

Over dinner, they discussed all they had discovered. Mark was gratified to learn that his suggestion to visit the Iceni village had paid off and had been very interested to learn that Queen Boudicca had indeed been buried below King’s Cross.

“Are all purebloods so…I don’t know old fashioned?” Sarah asked.

“How do you mean?” Andromeda asked.

“The dress robes and proper names and Ginny walking behind Harry, that just seems so…Victorian,” Sarah replied.

Ted nodded, “Purebloods, at least those to whom blood is important, do tend to be old fashioned. Andi’s told me about arranged marriages and generally treating women like they are inferior.”

“But most wizards aren’t like that,” Harry protested.

“Most purebloods, at least those in shall we say, Slytherin circles are,” Andromeda replied.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if my nephew -” Andromeda trailed off awkwardly, she took a sip of her wine to cover her embarrassment.

Sarah and Mark looked intrigued.

Harry looked down, “Did Draco have an arranged marriage?”

“I don’t know for sure,” Andromeda replied, “I haven’t talked to my sister in years, but knowing Lucius and Narcissa I wouldn’t be surprised.”

“He was betrothed to Astoria Greengrass,” Hermione offered.

“What? I thought he was dating Pansy Parkinson,” Harry said.

“He was dating her, but he was betrothed to Astoria,” Hermione explained, “Pansy used to complain about it all the time.”

Harry groaned, “Great, now there will be two more people who will hate me.”

Hermione offered him a sympathetic look, “If it makes you feel any better, Pansy’s always hated you.”

Harry laughed, “Thanks, Hermione. Somehow that doesn’t really help all that much.”

Remus quietly explained the situation to Mark and Sarah. They were horrified to think that Harry was forced to kill not only a professor, but one of his own classmates to protect not only his life, but his headmaster’s life as well.

After dinner they moved out into the garden to enjoy dessert. Harry sat next to Remus, “Remus, I’m worried about the wedding.”

“We’ve put lots of wards and protective charms on the Burrow. The invitations are heavily charmed so they can only be read by the intended recipients. There are many precautions being taken,” Remus replied.

“I’m glad that so many precautions are being taken, but you know as well as I do – it only takes one person to betray us,” Harry said.

Remus nodded, he had certainly learned that lesson.

“I was wondering,” Harry continued, “can we make port keys for the guests? In case the worst happens.”

Remus paused as he thought through the issues with mass producing port keys. “How many do you think we will need?”

“I don’t know,” Harry replied, “Enough so that every family has one. I’m mostly worried about those that can’t apparate.”

Remus followed Harry’s gaze, he was looking at Ginny. Remus smiled, “Ginny doesn’t know how to apparate?”

Harry shook his head, “No, I want to teach her, but I haven’t yet. There’s just so much…she hasn’t trained like my other friends…she’s amazing. It only took her a few tries to cast a patronus, but Beauxbatons didn’t emphasize Defense and her parents tried to keep her out of the war.”

Remus held up his hand to stem Harry’s tide of words, “You’re worried about her.”

Harry nodded, “I don’t want her to be stuck somewhere she can’t leave. I know how…scary it can be.”

“I’ll talk to Bill tomorrow,” Remus promised.
_____________________________ ________________________________________ _____________________________________
“ Ginny!”

Ginny turned towards the very familiar voice of her best friend, Aimée Fournier.

“Aimée!” Ginny exclaimed as she hugged her friend, “I am so glad to see you. I have missed you so much! How did you get here?”

“Your mum invited us,” Aimée replied, “So you would have some friends at the wedding. We got here just a little while ago. Where have you been? We expected you to be here.”

“Ginny.”

Ginny stiffened as she recognized her ex-boyfriend’s voice. “Luc,” she turned to greet him.

Luc smiled down at her and kissed her on the cheek in greeting, “Ginny, it is so good to see you.”

“What are you doing here, Luc?” she asked.

“Ginny, don’t be so rude,” Molly reprimanded her, “It was only fair to invite Luc after all he’s your escort for the wedding.”

Ginny stared at her mother in horror, “What?! What are you talking about?”

Molly smiled at the Fournier siblings and pulled Ginny aside, “Ginny, this wedding was supposed to be a very important event in French society. It would reflect very badly on Luc to be tossed aside as your escort at the last moment, surely you must understand that.”

“Mum,” Ginny tried to reply calmly, “Luc was never going to be my escort. I hadn’t invited anyone to the wedding. I broke up with Luc, remember?”

Molly smiled condescendingly at Ginny, “You didn’t need to invite Luc, it was obvious you would be going with him. You two dated for almost a year.”

“Mother, I broke up with him over a year ago,” Ginny replied through gritted teeth, “I don’t know who thought it was obvious I was going with him, but he is not my escort for the wedding. I am here with my husband.”

Ginny pulled away from her mother and ignoring Luc, followed Aimée into the house. Aimée smiled sympathetically at Ginny, “I tried to tell her you had broken up with Luc ages ago, but she insisted upon inviting him anyway.”

Aimée pushed open the door to Ginny’s childhood bedroom, “Your mum put me in here with you and Hermione.”

Ginny tried to push down her rising anger at her mother, “Excuse me?”

Aimée sat down on Ginny’s bed and gestured to the two camp beds that had been wedged in the room, “Hermione and I will be sleeping in here with you. Luc is up with Ron and Harry.”

Ginny sat on the bed next to Aimée, “I am going to kill my mother before this wedding is over.”

“Why? Ginny what is going on?” Aimée asked, “You disappeared from camp and I haven’t heard from you in weeks, what is going on?”

Ginny looked quizzically at her friend, “Didn’t they tell you anything?”

“No,” Aimée replied.

Ginny smiled and held out her left hand, Aimée stared at the rings for a moment before squealing and launching herself at Ginny, “You are engaged? Who? When?”

Ginny smiled, “No, I’m not engaged. I’m married to Harry Potter.”

Aimée pulled back to look at her friend’s face, “Married? How is that possible? You are only just 16. When did you even meet him?”

Ginny laughed and settled in to share the story of her summer with her best friend. An hour later Aimée was staring at Ginny in shock, “I can’t believe it.”

“I know,” Ginny replied, “It all seems so unbelievable.”

“I always wondered how you ended up at Beauxbatons,” Aimée said, “I thought it was strange you going to one school and all of your brothers going to another.”

She straightened up as she realized something, “So why on earth did you mum invite Luc when she knows you are married?”

Ginny almost growled her frustration, “I don’t know. She is not very happy about our marriage; she still hasn’t really accepted it. The first time Harry and I were here together she was trying to tell me I should go back to Beauxbatons and finish school, and then if Harry and I still felt the same way we could get together.”

“I thought you were soul bonded,” Aimée replied, “You are bonded for life.”

“I know,” Ginny replied, “But she has spent so much time and effort into keeping me and Harry apart, she can’t accept that we are together.”

Hermione knocked on the door before opening it, “Ginny. I’m so glad you are here.”

Ginny got up and hugged Hermione, “Have you met Aimée?”

Ginny introduced her two best friends.

“Where’s Harry?” Hermione asked after greeting Aimée.

“He’s with my brothers,” Ginny replied, “They were cleaning up the yard and helping set up for tomorrow.”

Hermione nodded, “Your mum asked me to come up and see if you two would help with the cleaning.”

Ginny rolled her eyes, “Only for Bill am I doing this.”

An hour later Ginny, Hermione and Aimée were cleaning the last of the sitting room. Ginny glanced out the window, Harry and her brothers had spend the time clearing all of the broken branches from the yard. They were now de-gnoming the garden. Ginny laughed as she watched the gnomes flying through the air. Hermione and Aimée had come to join her at the window.

“Is that him?” Aimée asked pointing to Harry.

“Yes,” Hermione and Ginny answered.

“He’s gorgeous, Ginny,” Aimée sighed.

Ginny smiled as turned to admire her husband.

“What are you three doing?”

Ginny turned to see Luc standing in the doorway.

Aimée rolled her eyes at her brother, “We’ve been cleaning and helping Mrs. Weasley. What have you been doing?”

Luc arched an eyebrow, “Doing? Why would I be doing anything? I am a guest.”

“So are Hermione and I, we are helping out,” Aimée replied.

Luc waved his hand dismissively, “You are helping Ginny.”

“My husband is helping my brothers,” Ginny interjected, “I’m sure you could go help the boys outside.”

“Husband,” Luc snorted, “I don’t understand how you go from escorting me to the wedding last month to being married this month.”

“I never agreed to have you as my escort,” Ginny replied, “I don’t know what you told my mother, but I don’t appreciate it.”

Luc chuckled, “It seems your mother isn’t very thrilled with your husband.”

Whatever remark Ginny was going to make was lost when the kitchen door slammed open. Harry stopped in the door to the sitting room, he glanced dismissively at Luc before turning to the girls, “We’re headed down to the pond for a swim, do you want to come?”

“Yes!”

The girls ran upstairs to get changed and Harry turned to leave, “You can come too,” he said to Luc.

Luc stared impassively after Harry as he turned and jogged up the stairs, Luc had come to the Burrow with every intention of leaving with Ginny. Ron had taken great delight in informing him of Ginny’s marriage. Luc wasn’t sure if he believed in soul bonds, but he had taken the precaution of having his family lawyers look into the matter. He did not like to lose.
_________________________________ ________________________________________ _________________________________
Fleur and her sister, Gabrielle had joined them at the pond. Harry was pleasantly surprised to see Lee Jordan, the twins’ good friend there, as well as Fred’s surprise date, Angelina.

“Angelina,” Harry called out, “What are you doing here?”

Angelina laughed, “Well, Fred and I have been spending time together recently and he asked me to be his escort to the wedding.”

“That’s great,” Harry replied.

“Guess who else is coming?” Angelina said.

“Who?” Harry replied.

“Katie, she’s coming with George and Oliver and Alicia will be here later,” Angelina explained.

“Are Alicia and Oliver together?” Ginny asked as she joined in the conversation.

Angelina nodded, “Alicia has been apprenticing with a healer at St. Mungo’s and ran into Oliver last year. They’ve been dating for the past six months.”

Angelina glanced over her shoulder, “I’ll catch up with you two later.” She turned and rejoined Fred and George near the pond.

Harry smiled appreciatively at Ginny as she took off her t-shirt to reveal an emerald green bikini.

“You look incredible,” he murmured before pulling her in for a kiss. A splash of water broke them apart, turning Harry saw Bill and Charlie laughing.

“Enough of that,” Charlie called, “You can do that later when we can’t see you.”

Harry rolled his eye and with a wave of his hand sent a huge wave crashing over Bill and Charlie. Ron, Hermione, and Aimée had joined Harry and Ginny near the edge of the pond.

“Who are all these people?” Hermione asked looking around at the gathering group.

Ginny pointed out a tall dark haired wizard next to Bill, “That’s Ian, he and Bill have been friends since Hogwarts. They went to Egypt together and that is Ian’s girlfriend Dendera. She also works for Gringotts.”

She pointed to a group of blond girls with Fleur, “I don’t know all of their names, but those are some friends of Fleur’s as well as that group over there.” Ginny pointed to a group of half a dozen witches and wizards.

“Charlie’s girlfriend, Katarina will be coming in a little later tonight,” Ginny concluded.

“Well, what are we waiting for,” Ron asked, “Let’s swim!”
________________________________ ________________________________________ ___________________________________
Har ry woke the next morning with his head pounding and the bright morning sun shining in on him. He felt the familiar weight of Ginny curled up against him, but the bed was hard and rough. Harry raised his head slowly and looked around, with a groan he vaguely remembered the party from the night before. After swimming and playing in the pond, food had been served in the garden. As the evening wore on, Bill and Fleur and their guests had enjoyed a party around the bonfires that had been built. As the night wore on, events became more and more fuzzy. Harry suspected this was directly related to the amount of alcohol consumed.

Remus was going to kill him, Harry thought. Remus had specifically instructed him not to drink. Harry had planned to stick to Butterbeer for most of the night, but judging from his headache, he had drank much more than Butterbeer.

Harry tried to sit up, but Ginny refused to move burrowing closer into his side. Harry took a closer look around and realized that he and Ginny were in a sleeping bag in the orchard. A memory flickered to the front of Harry’s mind of Remus conjuring sleeping bags for everyone the night before.

Harry’s stomach turned as he moved and he quickly rolled out from under Ginny and vomited on the ground. Harry lay back down on the sleeping bag closing his eyes, his head was pounding and his stomach was still far from settled. He felt Ginny moving next to him and heard a whispered conversation taking place, but he couldn’t summon the energy to concentrate on what was being said. Harry felt a soft cloth on his forehead; he opened his eyes to see a familiar red headed form above him.

“Drink this love,” Ginny said.

Harry didn’t think anything would stay down, but he figured drinking it would be easier than arguing. He drank the swirling dark blue potion in one gulp. For a minute, Harry feared he was right, but the potion stayed down. Harry closed his eyes again and felt soft fingers running through his hair. Harry concentrated on breathing so as to not bring the potion back up, as the minutes passed his stomach settled and his headache started to recede.

“Gin,” Harry whispered, “What happened?”

“My git brothers decided that slipping you some Firewhiskey would be entertaining,” Ginny muttered darkly.

“I don’t remember drinking any Firewhiskey,” Harry said, he tried to remember the night before, but most of it was a complete blank.

Ginny snorted, “They have apparently created Butterbeer flavored Firewhiskey, so you didn’t realize what you were drinking until it was too late.”

Harry sat up slowly and looked around, Ginny handed him his glasses, “Is Remus going to kill me?”

Ginny kissed him softly on the cheek, “Don’t worry, he’s angrier at the twins than you.”

Harry and Ginny slowly made their way to the garden where Molly had set up breakfast for everyone. As Harry walked the potion worked on the remnants of his headache disappeared and by the time they reached the garden, he felt normal once again.

“Good morning,” Harry greeted Ron and Hermione as they sat down at one of the long tables that had been set up for breakfast.

“Good morning,” Hermione responded.

Ron looked up from his breakfast and snickered, “Harry.”

Harry paused in the act of filling his plate, “What?”

Ginny and Hermione looked down at the table while Ron burst out laughing.

Harry turned to look at Ginny, “Why is he laughing?”

A horrified look crossed his face, “Oh God, what did I do last night?”

At that Hermione and Ginny lost it, Harry felt his face heating up. Ginny finally managed to get her laughter under control and answered, “You didn’t do anything too bad…you just…you.” Ginny lost it again and started laughing.

Harry buried his head in his hands, “What did I do?”

“You were telling us all how much you love Ginny,” Hermione managed to get out.

Harry raised his head warily, “You know I love Ginny, why is that so funny?”

“You were serenading her,” Hermione replied before she lost it again.

“Well, I think you were much better than Bill,” Ginny said.

“Bill?” Harry questioned.

“Yeah, the twins got the two of you,” Ron answered, “It was hysterical, the two of you serenading Ginny and Fleur.”

“I am going to kill your brothers,” Harry murmured as he started eating.

The laughter died away as Remus walked over to their table, “Harry, how are you feeling?”

“Better now,” Harry answered.

“I’ve spoken to the twins at length and they realize how serious this was,” Remus said. “They have promised not to do anything today.”

“What was so wrong?” Ron asked, “So Harry and Bill got drunk, it’s not the end of the world is it?”

Remus turned and glared at Ron, “Do you realize what they did? They took out the two most powerful wizards here. If Death Eaters had attacked, who would have been able to fight them off?”

Ron looked shocked, “I didn’t…I didn’t realize.”

Bill stood and cast a whistling charm that caused everyone to turn towards him, “I want to thank all of you for coming to our party last night. Of course special thanks go to my oh so amusing brothers for providing the entertainment via myself and Harry.”

A wave of laughter went through the guests. Bill continued, “After breakfast, I am going to enlist your help in setting up the chairs and then everyone will have plenty of time to get ready.”

Bill reached down to a pick up a piece of parchment next to him, “Yesterday during the pool party, while us guys thought we were so discrete in ogling all of these lovely ladies, they of course were a step ahead of us.”

All of the ladies laughed while Fleur stood, “First, I want to thank Bill for the lovely song last night.” She kissed Bill on the cheek, “Yesterday, as my friends and I surveyed the young gentlemen in attendance, we had a slight disagreement over who had the best abs, best smile and so on.”

Fleur had to stop as the girls all started laughing, “Okay, we had planned to announce all of the winners last night, but due to…the entertainment we could not. So, gentlemen, as we announce your name please come up and collect your prize.”

“The winner for best hair – Bill.”

“The winner for best eyes – Harry.”

“The winner for best body – Oliver.”

“The most hotly contested category, the winner for best abs – Harry.”

Harry, Bill, and Oliver went up to collect their prizes to the laughter of the guests.
_______________________________ ________________________________________ _______________________________________

Ginny smiled as Aimée, Hermione, Gabrielle, and Fleur crowded into her childhood bedroom. With the amount of people at the Burrow, Harry, Ginny and some of their close friend had gone back to Grimmauld Place to shower, but Fleur had asked Ginny and Gabrielle to get ready with her at the Burrow.

Normally Ginny felt overshadowed by the Delacours, but today Fleur’s happiness seemed to enhance everyone else in the room. Fleur looked beautiful; she had chosen a simple white dress for the wedding. She wore very little makeup or jewellery. Ginny looked over at Hermione with a question in her eyes, Hermione nodded.

“Fleur,” Ginny began, “When I got married, Hermione shared a Muggle custom of the bride wearing something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue. I wore these at my wedding and I was wondering if you would want to wear these.”

Fleur stared at the diamond earrings in Ginny’s hand, she looked up at Ginny. “You would let me borrow these?”

Ginny nodded.

Fleur reached out her hand and took the earrings; she put them in and turned back to the mirror, “Ginny, thank you.”

Fleur turned to look at Ginny, “I know we haven’t gotten along very well…and I want to apologize. I don’t have very many friends who are girls, because most girls don’t like me very much. I can’t help the effect I have on men, I don’t want to attract them, but other women blame me. I just assumed you wouldn’t like me -”

Ginny interrupted, “Fleur, its okay. I think I understand and I could have tried a little harder. When I was with Luc, I would get mad at you. Now I can see that it was him, not you.”

Fleur reached out and hugged her future sister-in-law, “Thank you.”

Gabrielle was beaming; her sister and friend were finally getting along. “Fleur, Ginny told me about this tradition and I have something for you.”

Gabrielle held out a lacy blue garter. Fleur laughed and placed it on her leg. Turning to Hermione, Fleur said, “I think that should complete it. My dress is new and my shoes are old.”

Hermione laughed, “You got it.”

A knock on the door caused all of the girls to turn, “Fleur dear, my Aunt Muriel is here to see you.”

Molly stepped aside to reveal and elderly witch carrying a box, “So this is the bride? Pretty girl, but French? Were there no eligible girls left in England?”

Fleur stood frozen, not sure what to do or say.

Muriel turned to survey the others in the room, “Ginevra, what is this I hear about you running off and getting married? Are you pregnant?”

“No, Aunt Muriel, I am not pregnant,” Ginny said as she came over and kissed her Great Aunt on the cheek.

Muriel sniffed, “Time will tell.”

She turned back to Fleur, “Come here, girl. I can’t stand all day.”

Fleur hesitantly approached Muriel who thrust the box into her hands, “Molly wanted you to wear this. It has been in my family for generations. All of the brides have worn it, well except for Ginevra here.”

Fleur opened the box to reveal a beautiful moonstone and diamond tiara, she gasped, “Thank you. I would be honoured to wear it.”

Muriel rolled her eyes, “Of course you would.” Muriel turned to Molly, “Help me downstairs, this house of yours is hard on an old woman.”

The two older women left the room leaving a stunned silence behind them. Ginny started laughing, “That’s my Great Aunt Muriel.”
______________________________ ________________________________________ _______________________________________

The garden had been transformed. A large open white awning held up by flower entwined columns was set up to shelter the guests from the summer sun. There were rows of gold and silver chairs set up over a soft golden carpet. The chairs were set up in front of a flower covered arch. Fairy lights were entwined in the flowers. The effect was breathtaking.

Harry stood with Ron and the twins watching the guests arrive. Harry turned to Ron, “This is a small wedding? How many guests were they planning on inviting?”

Ron snorted, “Are you kidding? Fleur and her parents had planned on almost 500 guests. This is nothing, mostly just family and close friends.”

“Ronald.”

Ron stiffened and turned, there was a beautiful girl with strawberry blond hair standing in front of him, “Paige.”

Paige turned to Harry, “Are you going to introduce me to your friend?”

Ron laughed, “Harry, this is my cousin Paige. Paige this is my best friend and brother-in-law, Harry.”

Paige smiled, but as Ron’s words registered she turned back confused, “Brother-in-law?”

Harry smiled and extended is hand, “Paige, it’s nice to meet you. I am Ginny’s husband, Harry.”

A confused look crossed Paige’s face, “Ginny? Ginny is married?”

“Yes, Paige. Don’t you read the papers?” Fred jumped into the conversation.

Paige threw him a condescending look, “No, I don’t read the papers. Mum says they have nothing but lies.”

Harry laughed, “Well, she does have a point there.”

Paige looked from one to the other, “So does that mean you are not married?”

“No, I am married to Ginny,” Harry replied.

“But…she’s too young…and she’s not at all…I mean all she does is play Quidditch. Men don’t like girls that play Quidditch,” Paige finished.

Harry and his brothers-in-law all looked at each other and started laughing. “I love girls that play Quidditch,” Harry said.

“Me too,” the twins added.

Ron looked around, “I’m the only one here not dating a Quidditch player, but I like girls that play Quidditch.”

Paige looked around at them confused before putting on her best face, “I don’t know what has gotten into you, but one of you needs to escort me to my seat.”

Fred laughed and offered her his arm, “Allow me.”

Hermione approached the boys; she was wearing a summery flowered dress with a fitted bodice and full skirt.

“Wow,” Ron said, “You look great.”

Hermione laughed, “Thanks, Ron. Do you have sound so surprised?”

Ron sputtered as Harry cut over him, “You look really nice, Hermione.”

She smiled, “Thank you, Harry.”

Harry looked mischievously from Ron to Hermione, “So, did you see Viktor Krum?”

Hermione glared at Harry, “Yes, I saw him up at the house. He seemed quite taken with Ginny.”

Harry stopped laughing. Hermione and George burst out laughing, “Oh, come on Harry that was funny.”

“We better take our seats,” George said, “I think that everyone has been seated.”

Harry, Hermione, and Ron took their place in the second row behind Fred and George. Bill, Charlie, and Ian took their places at the front of the archway. Music started piping in from the columns. Fleur’s best friend Jeanne, Ginny, and Gabrielle made their way to the front of the guests. Harry was entranced by Ginny, she looked amazing in the golden bridesmaid dress.

Ron nudged his arm when it was time to stand as Monsieur Delacour escorted Fleur down the aisle. The rest of the ceremony was a blur for Harry as he spent the time watching Ginny.

When the officiating wizard declared Bill and Fleur bonded for life, they leaned in and kissed. Harry stood with the rest of the guests and cheered for the new Mr. and Mrs. William Weasley.

After the guests stood the chairs disappeared and a dance floor surrounded with tables appeared. Harry made his way over to Ginny.

He kissed her softly, “You look amazing.”

Ginny laughed and wrapped her arms around him, “Thank you, my love. You don’t look so bad yourself.”

Arthur called for everyone’s attention, “I’d like to thank everyone for coming today. I realize that with all of the last minute changes many of those who had hoped to come could not be here today. I would be remiss if I didn’t remind everyone to be on guard.” Arthur held up the little gold and silver bells that had been placed at every place setting, “We have tried to take every precaution, but if the worst happens and there is an attack, these little bells are Portkeys. There are plenty to go around, I would like everyone to take one now. If there is an attack, just press you bells and say safety. It will take you to one of several safe areas we have set up.”

There was a general bustling as everyone reached for a bell. When all of the guests had a set of bells, Arthur smiled, “Now on with the party. I have the honour of announcing the first dance of my son, William Weasley and his new bride Fleur Delacour Weasley.”

Harry stood with his arms around Ginny as Bill and Fleur took to the floor for their first dance. Ginny turned in his arms so she could watch the dance; she leaned her head back on his chest and laced their fingers together.

Harry kissed her on the top of her head, “I wish we could have had a wedding like this for you.”

Ginny looked up at him, “I don’t. I mean it would have been nice to have all of my family there and a few guests, but our wedding was beautiful.”

As the dance came to a close, Bill kissed Fleur as the guests started cheering, Bill called for attention, “Before we open the floor up for all the guests to dance, Fleur and I would ask one other couple to join us. As most of you know, my sister, Ginny recently married. Due to the circumstances, Harry and Ginny did not get to have a big wedding or party, so I would ask that Mr. and Mrs. Harry Potter now join us on the dance floor.”

Harry looked down at Ginny who was beaming, “May I have this dance?”

Ginny nodded, happiness shining in her eyes.

The guests cheered as Harry and Ginny joined Bill and Fleur on the dance floor.

By early evening many of the guests were sitting at the tables around the dance floor. Harry and Ginny were sitting with Hermione, Ron, Aimée, Luc, Tonks and Remus. Harry was surprised at how much he enjoyed the party. Unlike the dreaded Yule Ball in his 4th year, he spent most of this party dancing. He had danced with all of the girls he knew and of course he and Ginny had danced for a long time.

Harry turned to Ginny when he saw it, a flash of sparks that heralded the falling of the protective wards around the Burrow. Harry and Remus immediately jumped to their feet with their wands drawn. Harry silenced the music as Remus’s wolf patronus bounded to the middle of the dance floor, “We are under attack! Everyone activate your portkey!”

The world around Harry exploded into a barrage of spell fire and the flash of Portkeys activating. Harry cast a shield around himself and Ginny as the Death Eaters started apparating into the crowd.

Harry heard the voice of Lucius Malfoy yell, “They are using Portkeys.”

Harry started casting defensive spells in an attempt to give everyone a chance to use their Portkeys. Most of the guests had escaped when Harry heard screaming, “Harry I think they are blocking the Portkeys,” Hermione yelled.

Harry nodded, “We will have to fight.”

He turned to Ginny and Aimée, “Stay close together.”

Harry quickly kissed Ginny and disappeared into the throng. Ginny and Aimée pulled their wands and skirted the edge of the dance floor. Ginny could see four Death Eaters converging on Harry; she cast stunning spells on the Death Eaters closest to her. She scanned the area and saw a group of her cousins huddled near the edge of the dance floor. They were all much younger than her, the oldest no more than 8 years old. Ginny motioned to them and she and Aimée made their way to the group. Ginny cast a shield spell over the group as she joined them.

“Are you guys okay?” she asked.

The oldest boy, Nathan nodded, “We couldn’t find our bells and I saw my mum and dad leave.”

Ginny pointed to a group of tables that had been overturned, “Let’s try to get over there out of the way.”

Ginny and Aimée led the way over to the tables and turned them so the group was barricaded behind the tables. She turned to the children, “We need to stay down and stay quiet, okay?”

The children all nodded and huddled together as the battle raged on the dance floor.

Most of the Weasleys had chosen to stay to fight and ensure all of the guests made it into safety. The twins were fighting from behind another set of overturned tables. Their spell work was a little erratic and they tended to cast complicated spells versus simple stunning or cutting spells, but they were effective.

Bill, Fleur, Charlie and Katarina were fighting a group of Death Eaters towards the center of the dance floor. Remus and Tonks had battled their way towards Harry as had Ron and Hermione. The largest contingent of Death Eaters was focusing their attention on Harry.

With a red flash, Hermione fell to a stunning spell. Ron immediately stood over her and cast a shield spell. Looking around Ron saw Ginny gesturing to him, scooping her up he carried Hermione over to the barricade.

“Is she okay?” Ginny asked.

Aimée felt for a pulse and nodded, “I think she was just stunned.”

Ron turned to Ginny, “Do you know where Mum and Dad are?”

“I saw Mum leave with Aunt Muriel, I’m not sure where Dad is,” Ginny replied. “After the Portkeys failed, I saw a bunch of people running towards the lane. Dad may have been with them, showing them the way out.”

Ron peered around the barricade, from his vantage point he could see several Death Eaters down but unfortunately Kingsley and Charlie were sprawled on the ground. Ron and Ginny exchanged a look, Ginny kept a rapid fire of stunners going over the barricade while Ron ran out to the injured men. When Bill saw Ron running towards him, he sent a barrage of cutting and bludgeoning curses into the group of Death Eaters fighting them. Ron and Katarina grabbed the two unconscious men and dragged them off to safety.

Ron looked up in time to see Rodolphus Lestrange and Nott fall under Bill and Fleur’s spell fire. Bill nudged Fleur in the direction of the barricade while Bill joined Tonks and Remus battling the Carrows and Macnair.

Harry ducked as Lucius sent another cutting curse his way. Lucius and Bellatrix were focused exclusively on Harry. Remus and Tonks were busy trying to hold off and attack by Alecto and Amycus Carrow, two of the Death Eaters who had taken part in the attack on Hogwarts in the spring.

Bellatrix laughed as Lucius’s cutting curse caught Harry on the arm, “What’s the matter, Potter, is this too tough for you?”

As Harry cast a bludgeoning curse at Bellatrix, Lucius caught him with a Cruciatus curse. “This is for my son, you bastard,” Lucius yelled; triumph lighted his face as he watched Harry writhe under the torture curse.

“We don’t have time for this, Lucius,” Bellatrix snapped, “Grab him and let’s go.”

Lucius glared at Bellatrix than grabbed for Harry, with a flash the three of them disappeared. Once Bellatrix apparated, the remaining Death Eaters apparated away, leaving a stunned group behind them.

Ginny’s scream echoed through the garden.
Reviews 410
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear