Search:

SIYE Time:23:55 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Remember
By potterfan2008

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 410
Summary: The summer after the Chamber of Secrets was hard on everyone. How come no one can remember what happened? Prior to starting his seventh year at Hogwarts, Harry realizes he is missing some memories from his second year. Together with Remus Lupin, Harry sets out to discover what happened. He hopes to find out about that pretty red head he has been dreaming about as well.
Hitcount: Story Total: 353597; Chapter Total: 10660
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Special thanks to Jennyelf for her awesome beta job on this chapter!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry stared in horror at the sight of his wife surrounded by Death Eaters. He reached out with his magic to…he wasn’t sure what he planned to do, but it suddenly dawned on him that he couldn’t feel her.

He took a deep breath and observed the young woman before him. She looked like his Ginny. The girl kept throwing beseeching glances at him as if she wanted him to rescue her, but that wasn’t like Ginny. She would try to escape from the Death Eaters, not wait for him to rescue her. He looked at her hands. She was wearing a plain gold wedding band, not the emerald and diamond ring Harry had gotten Ginny. This wasn’t his wife.

Bellatrix noticed when Harry stopped struggling. She screamed her rage. “Enough, he knows.” Bellatrix drew her wand. “Avada Kedavra!”

Harry drew in a shocked breath as the girl parading around as his wife fell slowly to the floor. Even though Harry knew it was not his wife, he still felt his heart stutter as he watched her fall.

Lucius watched with a detached curiosity as his sister-in-law tortured Potter. How had he known the girl wasn’t his wife? She hadn’t said a word, so she hadn’t given it away. Could it be the alleged soul bond between Potter and the girl?

After Bellatrix had forced his daily potions on Harry, Bellatrix and Lucius left the cell together. “How did he know the girl was a fake?” he asked.

She looked thoughtful for a moment. “I don’t know. Maybe she didn’t look right or maybe did something that tipped him off.”

“Should we tell him about this?” Lucius asked. He did not need to explain to whom he was referring. There was only one ‘him’ in the Death Eater world.

“I don’t think there is any reason to bother him because the girl screwed up somehow. She is dead. He needn’t be bothered with the details,” Bellatrix responded.

Lucius smirked. “You don’t want to be punished for your idea failing.”

Bellatrix glared at him, but did not respond. They walked along in silence down the winding stone hallway until the floor slowly changed to hardwood. The walls changed from cold stone to finished painted plaster walls. At the end of the hall was a set of solid wood double doors. Lucius unlocked the doors and gestured Bellatrix through the door. Once they were both on the other side, Lucius locked and warded the door so no one without the Dark Mark could enter.

Before they reentered Malfoy Manor, Lucius turned to Bellatrix. “Should we tell him how powerful Potter is?”

Bellatrix glared at him from under her heavy lids. “Are you intimating that Potter is too much for the Dark Lord to handle?”

“No, but I think he should be prepared for how much stronger the boy is,” Lucius replied.

“If you feel it is necessary, feel free to tell him,” Bellatrix taunted him.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

The past two days had been both frustrating and heartbreaking for Ginny. She had not made any progress in Apparating. All she had managed to do was spin around in place. Members of the Order had been checking in, but none of them had picked up a hint of where Harry might be or what public event Voldemort might use to kill Harry.

Ginny and her two best friends had continued to sleep at Grimmauld Place, but spend their days at Hogwarts. After the first night, Charlie, the twins, and surprisingly Ron had stayed at Grimmauld Place with them.

Ginny sat in the library with Hermione basically watching her friend research the stone tablet they had discovered at Slytherin Manor. Ginny had her books spread in front of her. She was theoretically studying for her O.W.L.s, but she hadn’t really done much studying. Originally Ginny thought that studying would be the perfect way to distract herself, but visions of Harry being tortured kept intruding on her consciousness every time she started reading.

Hermione looked over at her friend. “Ginny, why don’t you go flying for a while? Harry always said it was a great way to leave stress on the ground. I’m sure one of your brothers will go flying with you.”

Ginny looked over at Hermione and started gathering her books together. “I think I will. I just can’t…I can always study when Harry gets back, right?”

Hermione nodded, not trusting her voice at the moment. Ginny leaned over and kissed Hermione on the cheek and
whispered, “Thanks for being such a good friend.”

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHPHPHP

Ginny and Charlie wandered back to the castle together. Hermione had been correct flying had helped her relax. Charlie was always good company while flying.

“Are you feeling better?” Ginny asked her brother.

“My ribs are still a little sore, but overall I feel good,” Charlie replied.

As the siblings entered the castle, Bill met them in the front hall. “Dumbledore has called a meeting for 7 pm in the Great Hall. Even those not members of the Order are invited to the meeting.”

“Has he heard something about Harry?” Ginny asked eagerly.

“I don’t think so,” Bill replied sympathetically.

Ginny nodded sadly. “I’m going to run home and shower and change before the meeting.”

“I’ll come with you,” Charlie said. “I need to shower as well.”

As they headed up to Professor McGonagall’s office, Charlie remarked to Ginny, “It’s really nice of Professor McGonagall to let us use her office to travel back and forth.”

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHP

That night the Order gathered in the Great Hall at Hogwarts. The long house tables had been replaced with a larger round table so everyone could sit together. Professor Dumbledore called the meeting to order.

“Thank you for coming together on such short notice,” Professor Dumbledore began. “I want to begin by saying we have no new word on Mr. Potter’s location. We have searched the Riddle house and graveyard in Little Hangleton. The Lestrange property has been abandoned since they went to prison the first time. We believe that he may be held at the Malfoy estate, but the Malfoy estate is unplottable and difficult to find. We believe the increase in security may be due to the fact that either Voldemort or Harry, or both may be there.”

“How is that possible?” Remus asked. He turned to Arthur. “I thought you’d been there.”

“As Albus said, Malfoy has increased his security, making it unplottable and undetectable,” Kingsley answered for Arthur. “We don’t believe he has it under a Fidelius, but it is still very difficult to find, even if you have been there before.”

“Why don’t you think it is under a Fidelius?” Arthur asked.

Professor Dumbledore replied, “Voldemort does not trust anyone enough to be a Secret Keeper. I believe that Malfoy would bow to Voldemort’s wishes in this matter.”

Hestia cleared her throat. “I hate to be the one to bring this up, but the Death Eaters have had him three days. How do we know that Harry is still alive?”

Ginny made a strangled sound at the back of her throat. “He is still alive. I know he is.”

Hestia sent her a sympathetic glance. “Ginny, I know you want to believe he is alive and I know how important he is for the anti-Voldemort cause. I would love to think that he is alive and I hope he is, but do you know anyone who has survived three days in the custody of the Death Eaters?”

“We are not giving up on him,” Remus responded angrily as he stood up.

Professor Dumbledore cleared his throat, drawing all eyes back to him. “We are not giving up on Harry. Monsieur Fournier has indicated that the plan was for Harry to be killed in a very public manner. While I don’t believe that plan is written in stone, if Harry were dead, I believe that Voldemort would waste no time in proclaiming his victory over him.”

Seeing there was no more discussion on that topic, Professor Dumbledore continued, “Tonks, I believe you have news for us.”

Tonks stood up. Her bubble gum pink hair was pulled back into a ponytail. “The Death Eaters we captured at the wedding were released today.”

“What?!” There was a general outcry from the Order members.

Tonks whistled for silence. “Someone fairly high up in the Ministry signed for their release. Robards called for an investigation, but I don’t think he’s serious about it.”

Kingsley stood up. “Tonks and I believe that Voldemort must be behind the release. It happened early this morning before most people are at work. The sensors that usually record the release of prisoners were not working at the time so we have no idea who was there or if anyone picked them up.”

“I haven’t seen one, but I heard that there was actually an order for their release. I don’t know who signed it,” Tonks added.

“This means,” Dumbledore interjected. “Voldemort has someone in the Ministry and in a very influential position.”

“Do you have any idea who it might be?” Remus asked Albus.

Albus looked at the group uneasily. “There are several names that have come up. I would rather not say until we have more evidence one way or another.”

After the meeting broke up, Albus approached Arthur and Molly.

“Might I have a moment of your time?”

Arthur nodded. “Of course, Albus, whatever we can do.”

Albus nodded and led the way to his office. On the way, he asked Arthur, “How is your daughter holding up through all of this?”

Arthur shook his head. “Ginny is a strong girl. She has not said much, but she is surrounding herself with her friends. She will be okay.”

As they reached the gargoyle guarded doorway, Albus called out, “Jelly Slugs.”

The gargoyles parted to reveal the moving stairway leading to the Headmaster’s office.

After they settled into the Headmaster’s office, Albus looked across his desk at Molly and Arthur with a heavy heart. He knew the news he had to share would only cause more pain for the Weasley family.

“Arthur, Molly,” Albus began, “I didn’t want to say anything in the larger group, but one of the names that came up as the agent of Voldemort is Percy.”

“No!” Molly cried out. “Percy would never join Voldemort. There is nothing you could say that would convince me that Percy would betray us like that.”

Arthur had not reacted initially. He cleared his throat and asked, “Who else is on the list, Albus?”

“Gawain Robards, Dolores Umbridge, and Pius Thicknesse,” Albus replied. “Obviously if any of these people were under Voldemort’s control, it could cause immense damage to the Ministry and the Wizarding world in general.”

“What is being done to determine who might be under Voldemort’s control?” Arthur asked quietly.

“We are doing the best we can to keep an eye on those we suspect,” Albus replied. “But as you know we only have a handful of people in the Ministry. Tonks, Kingsley, and I am hoping you, Arthur will keep your eyes open for anything suspicious. It is imperative that we discover who is the traitor as soon as possible and try to isolate them.”

Watching the older couple across from him, Albus asked, “Do you know if Percy is seeing anyone? We are hoping that if we investigate those under suspicion, we will be able to eliminate them.”

Arthur glanced at Molly. “I know he dated a girl, Penelope Clearwater, when he was here at Hogwarts. I don’t know if he has continued to see her.”

Albus looked at Molly.

“I don’t know. The last I knew he was still dating Penelope, but…” she replied.

Albus nodded. “I will have someone talk to her. And I am very sorry.”

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHP

Harry couldn’t hear anything outside his cell. This was the first time since his capture that he had regained consciousness before his next torture session. The swelling around his eyes was starting to recede. Harry managed to open his eyes, taking in his surroundings for the first time. His cell was comprised of stone walls on three sides. The fourth side was made of metal bars. There was a cot with a thin mattress in the corner of the cell. Harry was amused to notice it looked a lot like the bed he had slept on in his cupboard before he’d gotten his Hogwarts letter.

He listened carefully. He could not hear anything outside the cell. All was dark. Harry thought it might be in the middle of the night. Harry lifted his head carefully, cursing his lack of vision. He couldn’t see very far at all without his glasses. As far as he could tell, there was no one guarding him.

Harry put his head back down and closed his eyes. He focused his magic and this time he was able to reach out with his magic. He could feel Ginny, but it seemed as though she was far away. Harry sighed with relief. Ginny was at least safe.

Ever since Bellatrix had told him about the sterility potion, all Harry could think about was the fact that he and Ginny wanted children. He was determined that no matter what, Bellatrix would not force that last dose of potion into him.
Harry lay back, determined that today he would get back to Ginny.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHPHPHPHP

Ginny woke up on the third day after the wedding with a heavy heart. After the meeting last night, Professor Dumbledore had taken her parents into his office. She still wasn’t sure what that was all about. Hestia Jones and some of the other Order members were commenting about all of the resources being taken up by the search for Harry. Ginny was afraid that soon others would be giving up on him as well.

Ginny Flooed over to Hogwarts and joined Bill and Fleur for breakfast in the Great Hall.

“Ginny,” Bill reached over and put his hand over hers. “Are you okay?”

Ginny looked up with tears shining in her eyes. “I’m just afraid they are going to give up on Harry.”

“It doesn’t matter what they say. We will never give up on him,” Bill said, shaking his head.

Fleur nodded in agreement. “We will not give up.”

Ginny smiled at her brother and his wife. “Thanks, guys.”

Ginny stood, leaned over and kissed both her brother and his wife on the cheek. “Meet you at the Quidditch pitch in 15 minutes for my Apparition lessons, okay?”

Bill nodded.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHP

Harry woke early in the morning, feeling a little stronger. He fought through the pain scorching in his chest and slowly pulled himself up to a sitting position, looking around. As far as he could tell, he was alone in the dungeon. He wondered where his wand might be. Vaguely, he remembered Lucius taking it off of him when he first arrived.

Thinking back to the first task in the Tri-Wizard Tournament, Harry decided to try and Summon his wand.
Focusing his magic, he wordlessly performed the Summoning Charm. To his surprise, he heard a soft banging noise somewhere off to his right. It sounded almost like his wand was struggling to get out of something. Harry next tried casting a silent ‘Alohomora’ in combination with the Summoning Charm.

Harry felt like cheering when his wand zoomed in and landed on the cot next to him. He tried to reach for it with his right arm, but he couldn’t force his arm to move. He reached out with his left arm, the muscles screaming. Some of the cuts on his left side popped open again. Harry took a deep breath and grabbed for the wand. When he had it securely in his left hand, he slumped back against the wall to catch his breath. He felt exhausted and all he’d done was cast a handful of simple spells he’d been performing for years.

Harry opened his eyes, shocked to find he’d drifted off again. He panicked slightly before he realized that he was still alone in his cell. He pulled himself back into a sitting position.

It was later in the morning. If he was going to do something, it needed to be soon. Bellatrix and Lucius would be here shortly. Yesterday they had sent a younger group of Death Eaters in first to ‘practice’ their torturing spells before the more experienced Death Eaters took over. Harry did not want a repeat session today.

He reached out with his magic for Ginny. To his surprise, he found her much more easily today. She was very sad and upset, but also anxious. Remembering the day they had found the Horcrux, Harry focused on Ginny and how much he needed to be with her — right now. With a silent pop, he disappeared from his cell underneath Malfoy Manor.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHPHP

Ginny turned to look at Bill. “I don’t think I can do this.”

“Yes, you can, Ginny. You need to focus,” Bill responded patiently. He was actually quite amazed at how much Ginny had picked up in just three short lessons. She had Apparated from one hoop to another and was currently trying to Apparate across the pitch.

Ginny froze in place, a strange look on her face. It was a combination of fear, joy and astonishment.

Bill took a step towards her. “Ginny, what’s wrong?”

Ginny turned to look at him, but before she could say anything — pop — Harry appeared in front of her.

Harry swayed on his feet for a minute before falling to his knees in front of Ginny. He reached out with his magic. It was really her. He could even smell the light flowery scent he always associated with her. Harry swallowed and tried to say her name. The first time he couldn’t make a sound, but the second time he managed to whisper, “Gin.”

Ginny screamed and fell to her knees in front of him catching him as he fell. Bill was at her side in an instant. He took one look at Harry and sent his sphinx Patronus running off toward the castle.

Bill helped Ginny roll him over and laid him so his head was cradled in Ginny’s lap. His dress robes from the wedding were torn to shreds, his face and torso a bloody mess. It appeared as though his right arm was broken and his hand was crushed. In his left hand, he clutched his wand.

Ginny had tears running down her face as she gingerly ran one hand through his hair. She rained soft kisses over his face, telling him how much she loved him. Other than her name, he hadn’t made a sound since he’d arrived.

Bill ran over to the small first aid closet next to the locker rooms and grabbed the stretcher that was normally used for Quidditch injuries. Running back to where Harry and Ginny were, he levitated both of them onto the stretcher and started guiding it back to the castle.

Looking at his sister, he said, “I told them I was bringing him up. I figured it was safer than waiting.”

Ginny nodded without taking her eyes off her husband.

As they neared the castle, Remus and Arthur rushed out to meet them.

“What happened?” Remus asked as his eyes scanned Harry’s battered and bloodied body as they jogged alongside the stretcher.

“I don’t know,” Bill replied. “Ginny and I were out at the pitch practicing her Apparition and he just appeared in front of her.”

“Has he said anything?” Arthur asked.

“When he first got here, he said ‘Gin.’ Nothing since then,” Bill told them.

They entered the infirmary where Madam Pomfrey was waiting. Hiding her emotions well behind her mask of professionalism, Madam Pomfrey levitated Harry off the stretcher and onto a bed. Shooing away everyone but Ginny and Remus, Madam Pomfrey began her assessment.

“Mrs. Potter,” Ginny turned when she heard the medi-witch address her. “Can you help me get him out of these robes?”

Ginny nodded and blinked back her tears as the robes revealed the extent of the wounds and bruises on Harry’s chest and abdomen. Several of the wounds were still bleeding and several large bruises covered his chest. Madam Pomfrey reached over to stop Ginny from removing the robes and shirt from Harry’s right arm. She carefully sliced the clothes off his arm, revealing an obviously broken right arm and crushed hand.

Harry moaned slightly when his arm was moved, but other than that, made no sound. Madam Pomfrey waved her wand above him in a diagnostic spell. After reading the results, she turned to Ginny.

“Your husband is gravely injured. He has been placed under the Cruciatus more times than I can count. His nervous system is on overload. His spleen is bruised and may be bleeding. He has bleeding in his kidneys and due to multiple broken ribs, he is bleeding into his lungs. He needs more care than I can provide here.”

Ginny turned to Remus, who answered. “Poppy, I know he is gravely injured, but he cannot go to St. Mungo’s. There are too many people who want him dead. They would have easy access to him there. What if I could bring a healer here?”

“Who would you bring?” Poppy asked.

“Andromeda Tonks,” Remus replied. “Harry knows her and she’s treated him before.”

Poppy nodded. Remus turned to Ginny, who also nodded her approval.

“Use the Floo in my office,” Poppy said. “She can Floo straight here.”

Turning back to Harry, Poppy conjured up a bucket of water and some towels. “Ginny. May I call you Ginny?” Poppy looked over at Ginny, who nodded.

“Would you like to help me get him cleaned up?” Poppy asked. “I need to get some potions, but you can gently clean his wounds.”

Nodding again and without another word, Ginny took the cloth and began to gently clean the blood off his torso.

With a flare, Andromeda stepped out of the Floo and hurried towards Harry. She repeated the exam conducted by Madam Pomfrey and after a brief consultation, she gathered half a dozen vials of potions.

Harry felt hands pulling him upright. He opened his eyes a crack and saw the familiar outline leaning over him with a vial of smoking potion in her hand. Harry panicked. He could not let her give him the last vial of potion. Lashing out, Harry sent a Bludgeoning Curse in her direction while he yelled, “No!”

Andromeda dove out of the way, but not fast enough. The spell caught her upper arm, causing her to drop the potion in her hand. Poppy turned around in shock.

“Harry!”

Harry stopped when he heard Ginny’s voice. “Gin?”

Ginny stepped in front of him. “I’m right here, love. It’s okay. We’re just trying to help you.”

Harry stared at her confused. “Bellatrix…the potion…I can’t let her.”

“Sweetheart, Bellatrix is not here. You escaped, remember?” Ginny said soothingly as she climbed onto the bed behind him. Ginny lowered him back so he was lying with his head on her lap.

Harry closed his eyes as he tried to reach out for her hand. Realizing his intent, Ginny reached for his left hand and brought it up to kiss the back of it. At the touch of her lips, Harry’s eyes fluttered open again.

“Are you real?” he whispered.

Ginny nodded with tears in her eyes. “Yes, love. I’m real.”

She looked over his head at Poppy and Andromeda with a question in her eyes. Andromeda drew her wand and wrote in the air.

“He thinks I’m Bellatrix. We sound a lot alike and we resemble each other. He can’t see well enough to distinguish between us.”

“Mr. Potter,” Poppy said gently. Harry opened his eyes slowly and looked in the direction of her voice. She continued, “You need to take a number of potions-”

Harry interrupted. “No potions.”

“Mr. Potter, you are gravely injured. You need to take the potions,” Poppy responded.

Harry closed his eyes. He couldn’t focus very long on what was happening. He was in a lot of pain and he was exhausted. Harry didn’t think the people talking to him were Death Eaters, but what if they were? He didn’t want to take any potions. He just wanted to rest with Ginny. Ginny, she wouldn’t give him any potions that would hurt him.
Harry forced his eyes open. “Gin can give me potions.”

He gazed up at her with pain filled eyes. “Please, baby. Only you.”

Ginny agreed instantly. “Of course, love. Only me.”

Andromeda silently handed Ginny the vials of potion who gave them to Harry. After swallowing seven vials of potion, Harry passed out.

Ginny held his hand and ran her fingers through his hair while the two women worked over him.

Remus sat a few feet away pale and worried as he watched the women work over his godson. He got up, walked out into the hall and drew up short. Professors McGonagall and Dumbledore, all of the Weasleys, Hermione, Aimée, and Tonks were waiting out there.

Bill spoke up. “How is he?”

Remus shrugged. “I can’t tell. Poppy and Andromeda are still working on him.”

“When did Mum get here?” Tonks asked.

“I got her almost right away.” Remus explained what had happened.

“Why would he attack Andromeda?” Hermione asked.

“She greatly resembles her oldest sister,” Professor McGonagall answered. “I’m sure Harry thought he was still with the Death Eaters.”

Remus nodded. “He said something about potions and Bellatrix. He wouldn’t let anyone but Ginny give him the potions.”

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHPHP

Ginny watched her husband sleeping. His wounds had finally stopped bleeding and thanks to the Blood Replenishing Potion his color was looking better. Ginny could feel the shift of the bones as the Skele-Gro repaired his ribs, arm and hand. Every so often Harry would twitch and jerk for no apparent reason.

Andromeda sat in a chair just out of Harry’s line of sight, observing him.

“Andromeda,” Ginny asked. “Why does he keep doing that?”

Andromeda frowned. “I’m not exactly sure, but I think that he’s been given something that enhances the effects of the Cruciatus. He is not the first patient I have seen like this. We started seeing these symptoms in patients at the beginning of the year.”

“Will he be okay?” Ginny whispered. She had been afraid to ask that question while the women were working on him.

Andromeda sighed. “I’m not sure, Ginny. Given the extent of his injuries, I’m surprised he is still alive. Had he not gotten here when he did, I’m not sure he would be alive. I’m also concerned about the potions he may have been given. He seemed quite terrified that I was giving him something bad, so I don’t know what he was given or what my sister told him it was.”

Ginny kissed him on the forehead and Andromeda smiled faintly. “I can tell you right now, you are doing the most for him. He needs to know that you are here and you will take care of him.”

Andromeda flicked her wand and the bed on which Harry lay doubled in size. “Can I have someone get you something more comfortable to wear?”

“I need to take a shower really quick. I still have blood all over me,” Ginny said. “Would you mind asking Hermione to sit with him while I’m gone? I’ll only be ten to fifteen minutes.”

Andromeda smiled. “Let me go get her.”

Hermione Flooed over to Grimmauld Place to pack a bag for Ginny and sat at Harry’s bedside while Ginny showered and changed in the prefect’s bathroom, which Minerva had shown her. When Ginny returned, Ron and Hermione were setting up a table not far from Harry’s bed.

Ron smiled. “We got you some food. You need to eat.”

Ginny looked over at Harry.

“He hasn’t stirred,” Ron said, catching her glance. “If you eat here, he’ll still be able to see you.”

Ginny nodded and sat down with Ron and Hermione for a quick meal. She shared what Andromeda had told them.
Hermione watched Harry with tears in her eyes. She dashed them away quickly. The witch still couldn’t believe the way Harry had just appeared on the Quidditch pitch. She had been working on the tablet in the library when Charlie had come running in with the news. The rest of the day had been spent outside the hospital wing with the others. Bill had converted the hallway to an unofficial waiting room, conjuring up chairs and tables for everyone.

Ron wasn’t eating with his usual gusto. He was worried about his best mate and his sister. Ron and the twins had been at their shop, where he had spent the last two days helping, when Fleur Flooed with the news. Ron had expected to see his best mate recovering by the time he got there so he was shocked at the extent of Harry’s injuries. After seeing him, he wasn’t surprised to hear that Harry could have died from his injuries.

After eating, Ginny climbed back into bed next to Harry. The Order and the Weasleys set up a guard rotation so that there were always two other people in the hospital wing in addition to Ginny and Madam Pomfrey.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHP

This set the pattern for the next three days. Harry slept most of the time, usually waking only long enough to take his potions. Without fail the first person Harry always looked for when he woke up was Ginny.

Ginny had decided to bring her books into the infirmary. Ginny and Hermione, with Madam Pomfrey’s permission, set up a table and chairs so they could study. Now that Harry was back, Ginny was studying for her O.W.L.s and Hermione was studying the black tablet they had found at Slytherin’s manor.

Ginny looked up as Remus walked into the room. He dropped a kiss on her forehead before heading over to Harry.
“Any changes?” he asked.

“No,” Ginny answered. “He woke up a little while ago and actually drank some juice, but he fell back asleep soon after.”

Remus nodded as he watched his godson sleep. “Has he said anything about what happened to him?”

Ginny shook her head sadly. “No. I think he remembers some things because he gets this look of terror on his face sometimes."

“Remus,” Ginny began, “can we get someone in to get new glasses for Harry?”

“You mean, like have someone from the shop come here to make Harry new glasses?” Remus clarified.

“Yeah,” Ginny replied, “he can’t see more than a little ways without them. It makes him really nervous when he wakes up and can’t tell where he is.”

“I’ll talk to Professor McGonagall,” Remus promised. He stayed in the infirmary for a while, watching Harry and helping Hermione with the translation.

When he left the infirmary, he went straight to Minerva’s office.

“Remus,” Minerva said when she answered the door, “to what do I owe the pleasure?”

Remus recounted his conversation with Ginny to Minerva. “Do you know of anyone trustworthy that might be willing to come out here?”

Minerva pondered the question for a moment and then smiled. “Nigel Bennett. Do you remember him, Remus? He was in Gryffindor a few years behind you. He played on the house team with James.”

Remus nodded. “Tall kid, played Chaser in our last two years.”

“Yes,” Minerva replied, “he has a shop in Hogsmeade. He’s made glasses for me and many of the staff members. He makes glasses for the students as well.”

“Can he be relied upon to be discreet?” Remus asked.

“I believe so,” Minerva replied. “Shall I contact him?”

Remus nodded.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Nigel Bennett walked up to the gates at Hogwarts and was greeted by Professor McGonagall. They made small talk on the way up to the castle and Minerva showed him to her office.

“Nigel,” Minerva began, “I’m sure you are wondering why you are here.”

“I admit I was a bit curious when I got your message,” Nigel replied. “I assume you need me to see someone.”

A knock on the door interrupted them. Remus entered the office.

“Remus, do you remember Nigel Bennett?” Minerva asked.

“Yes, you were also in Gryffindor, weren’t you?” Remus asked, shaking hands with Nigel.

“Yes,” Nigel replied. “You were friends with James Potter, weren’t you?”

“Yes, he was one of my best friends,” Remus answered.

“It was such a shame about James and Lily,” Nigel said.

Remus nodded. “Minerva tells me you own a shop in Hogsmeade.”

“Yes,” replied Nigel, looking confused. “I’m actually a licensed Optometrist and I have a shop in Hogsmeade and another Muggle shop in Inverness.”

Remus nodded. “This may seem like an offensive question, but are you a supporter of Voldemort?”

“What? No! I’m Muggleborn. I would never support him,” Nigel replied angrily. “Two of my cousins were killed in the first war.”

He turned to Minerva. “What is the meaning of this?”

Remus and Minerva exchanged a glance and Remus answered. “I’m sorry, Nigel, but the person we need you to see just escaped from the Death Eaters. His glasses were broken when he was captured.”

Nigel’s jaw dropped in astonishment. “He escaped from the Death Eaters? That’s amazing.”

“I must warn you, Mr. Bennett, it is of utmost importance your visit remains a secret,” Minerva said.

Nigel nodded and Remus escorted him to the hospital wing.

“Your patient was held and tortured by the Death Eaters for three days. He was badly injured and only now is he waking up for any period of time. His friends are very protective of him, so don’t be surprised if they question you,” Remus explained.

Nigel nodded. “So what is your connection?”

Remus smiled. “He is my godson.”

Ginny was waiting outside the doors to the infirmary.

“Ginny, I’d like you to meet Nigel Bennett. We’ve talked and I believe he understands the gravity of the situation,” Remus said.

Turning to Nigel, he said, “Nigel, this is Ginny.”

Nigel shook Ginny’s hand. Ginny looked him over and nodded. “Come on in.”

As they entered the wing, Ginny hurried over to Harry’s bed.

“Love, the healer to look at your eyes is here,” Ginny said.

Harry nodded and Ginny beckoned Nigel over.

“Nigel, this is my husband, Harry Potter. Harry, this is the healer, Nigel Bennett.”

Nigel managed to hide his astonishment upon learning the identity of his patient. “Mr. Potter, I hear you are in need of my services.”

Half an hour later, Harry had not only a new pair of glasses, but also a pair of contacts as well.

Remus saw Nigel out and Harry lay back down.

“Thank you, Ginny,” Harry replied.

Ginny smiled and kissed him softly. “You’re welcome, love.”

Harry pulled Ginny down so she was lying in his arms. He closed his eyes as he inhaled her scent. “I love you so much.”

“I love you,” Ginny replied as she snuggled into his arms. “I missed being able to do this.”

Harry nodded. “Ginny, I need to tell you what happened.”

Ginny tried to sit, but Harry tightened his arms around her. “I just want to hold you while I tell you.”

Ginny nodded and settled back into his arms.

Haltingly, Harry was able to tell Ginny what he remembered about the last three days. Harry hesitated when he got to the part about the potions. “Bellatrix, she…she gave me these two potions every day. One she said Snape had invented, it…I forget exactly what she said, but it makes the Cruciatus worse. The other…”

As Harry’s voice trailed off, Ginny turned his face so she could see him. To her surprise, his eyes were filled with tears. “I’m sorry, Gin. I tried not to let her give it to me…I…they kept throwing the Cruciatus at me and then they’d bind me in a full body bind and I couldn’t move…”

“Harry, calm down, love,” Ginny tried to calm Harry down, but all the while her mind was racing. What could have upset him this much?

Harry looked down at Ginny and took a deep breath. “Bellatrix found this potion that will make you sterile with 4 doses. I had three. That’s why I tried so hard to escape that day and why I attacked Andromeda when I thought she was Bellatrix. I don’t know what three doses will do. I know we wanted to have kids some day and now I don’t know if that’s possible.”

Ginny felt the tears well up in her eyes. Could the Death Eaters have taken the one thing besides Harry that she really wanted? She wrapped her arms around Harry and together they cried before eventually falling asleep in each other’s arms.

Reviews 410
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear