Search:

SIYE Time:0:37 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Remember
By potterfan2008

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 410
Summary: The summer after the Chamber of Secrets was hard on everyone. How come no one can remember what happened? Prior to starting his seventh year at Hogwarts, Harry realizes he is missing some memories from his second year. Together with Remus Lupin, Harry sets out to discover what happened. He hopes to find out about that pretty red head he has been dreaming about as well.
Hitcount: Story Total: 353576; Chapter Total: 10225
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Sorry for the long delay - real life tend to get in the way. Thanks to my beta, Jennyelf for all of her hard work!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Diagon Alley was a cacophony of noise and light when they Flooed into the twins’ shop. Harry peered out into the street and saw the source of the noise and confusion. Death Eaters, there were a dozen masked black robed Death Eaters striding down the middle of the street scattering shoppers and sowing terror in their wake. Harry could see at least two buildings were on fire and he could see several bodies on the ground.

“I’ve sent for the Order,” George told them. “Bill, Dad, and Professor Dumbledore should be here soon.”

“How busy was it here this morning?” Harry asked, trying to size up the situation.

George grimaced. “It’s been packed the last two days with kids shopping for school. Flourish and Blott’s is having a back to school sale, so traffic through the alley has really picked up.”

Harry nodded distractedly as he assessed the situation in the alley. By this time, Bill, Fleur and Minerva had arrived from Hogwarts bringing Professor Flitwick with them; Ron, Molly and Arthur had arrived from the Burrow and Kingsley, Hestia, and Dumbledore were expected momentarily. George had sent out the call and several of his Hogwarts classmates had answered it, including Lee Jordan, Oliver, Angelina, Alicia, and Katie.

Looking around the store, Harry noticed almost two dozen kids and their families who must have been shopping in the store when the attacks started. They were huddled together in small groups, some in tears, some fearful, and some looking anxious to help with the fight. He imagined that most of the other stores were in the same situation.

Harry jumped up on the counter and whistled to get everyone’s attention. “We need to get out there. The Death Eaters have put up an Anti-Disapparition Jinx and they seem to have blocked access to the Leaky Cauldron. They are focusing most of their energies on Flourish & Blott’s, Madame Malkin’s, and Gringotts.”

“We need to break down the Anti-Disapparition Jinx. Bill, can you take Hermione and work on it?” As Bill nodded, Harry continued, “We need to block their access to Knockturn Alley so they cannot get reinforcements or escape, but I think we need to concentrate on getting them out of here versus capturing them at this point.”

Seeing nods of agreement around the room, Harry said, “Professor McGonagall, can you take the twins and Mr. Weasley to block Knockturn Alley?”

Minerva gave him a brief nod. “Certainly, Harry. We will block the alley.”

“I want Ginny, Charlie, Fleur and Alicia to set up a shelter for those injured in the Apothecary. Not only will they have some of the potions you’ll need but they are close to the Leaky Cauldron if you need to evacuate. I’m sure they have someone or something blocking access to the Leaky Cauldron, but we’ll worry about that after we get out there.”

Harry turned to the twins. “I need a couple boxes of your Whiz-Bangs to use as a distraction. Can you grab a few boxes for me?”

Fred nodded before he and Charlie went into the back room to grab the boxes. Harry continued, “The rest of us will be out there protecting the people in the alley and engaging the Death Eaters.”

Harry looked around. “Any questions or comments?”

When no one said anything, Harry said, “Okay, let’s go.”

Harry turned to the families left in the store. One of the men, presumably a father of one of the children, had taken charge of gathering them all in one spot.

“Sir,” Harry started.

“Kevin Bosworth, Mr. Potter,” the man responded.

“Harry, please, Mr. Bosworth,” Harry responded, holding out his hand. “Can you get these kids through the Floo to a safe place? I’m afraid that this will be a prime target for Death Eaters as well.”

Kevin nodded. “I can take them to my place. I have a farm in Wales. If any of the families are looking for their children, we’ll be at ‘Bosworth Farms.’”

Harry nodded and gestured to the Floo. “Thank you, Mr. Bosworth.”

Kevin Bosworth, the kids and scattered parents were heading to the Floo in the back of the twins’ shop.

Bill kissed Fleur and pulled Hermione aside to discuss strategy. Fred and Charlie brought the requested boxes up and set them on the counter next to Harry. Ron and Charlie started opening the boxes.

Harry gestured to Charlie and Fleur. “I need two strong fighters to cover the wounded.”

Harry turned to Charlie. “Charlie…”

Charlie nodded and smiled. “She’s my sister. If it comes to it, I will give my life for her.”

Harry nodded and briefly embraced Charlie and Fleur.

Harry turned to Ginny. He could feel her terror, but also her determination to do her part. “Love, I want you, Charlie, Fleur, and Alicia to help with the wounded. I can already see some people on the ground. We’re going to set off some Whiz-Bangs as a distraction. Once the Death Eaters are distracted, you will get past them to the wounded. Use the Apothecary as a base.”

Ginny stared up into his eyes, wondering if this was the last time she would ever see him. “What will you be doing?”

Harry smiled. “Whatever needs to be done.”

He kissed her deeply. “I love you.”

“I love you,” Ginny replied as he started out the door.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPPHPHPHPHPHPHP PHPHPHPHPHPHPHPPHPHP

The first part of Harry’s plan worked perfectly. The Whiz-Bangs, coupled with the appearance of wizards fighting back, provided enough cover for Ginny, Charlie, Fleur, and Alicia to get past the Death Eaters.

Ginny and Charlie stopped briefly by the first body. It was an older man who had obviously been shopping as evidenced by the torn shopping bag at his side. He was clearly dead. Ginny and Charlie hurried to the next group of people. It was a young family with three small children. The father had been hit with several curses, but was obviously still alive.

Ginny looked over at the Apothecary and, after whispering to her brother, took off at a dead run. As she entered the shop, the scent of potions and herbs assailed her. There was a witch about Bill’s age crouched down behind the counter and two boys that Ginny guessed were in their early teens.

Turning to the witch, Ginny said, “Is there anyone else here? Anyone in a back room?”

The witch shook her head, but did not say anything as she watched the destruction out the window.

Ginny raised her voice so all three of them could hear her. “I’m Ginny Potter. We will be using this shop as a shelter for the wounded. My brother, sister-in-law, and a healer will be helping me bring some of the wounded into the building.”

Turning to the witch, she said, “If you have any type of healing potions, we’ll need them.”

“B-but I’m n-not supposed t-to use them,” the witch stammered. “T-They’re for sale.”

Ginny threw a disgusted look at the witch. “If it’s that important, I’ll buy them. But first, we need to get the wounded in here.”

The witch seemed to pull herself together. “I’m sorry. I’ll get the potions.”

Ginny turned to the boys. “What are your names?”

The shorter of the two boys was slender with blond hair. He stepped forward. “My name is Mark.”

The other boy was tall and skinny with black hair and tanned skin that Ginny guessed was from an Indian heritage. When the boy spoke, it was with a melodic tone in his voice. “My name is Amal.”

“Do you go to Hogwarts?” Ginny asked as she started to clear the floor of broken glass and other debris that littered the floor.

The boys nodded. Again it was Mark who spoke up first. “We are getting ready to start our third year. We’re both in Hufflepuff.”

“Okay, can you boys help me? I’m going out to help my brother, Charlie. He will be bringing in a family with a wounded father. Can you sweep up the rest of the floor? If you can find anything to spread on the floor like a blanket, that would be great.” Ginny paused for a second to see the boys grab a broom and begin sweeping before plunging out onto the street again.

Charlie was shielding the family and had gathered two other young school shoppers, who had been crouched beside the buildings. Ginny could see Alicia and Fleur doing the same on the other side of the street.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Minerva paused beside one of the shelves and grabbed a few boxes before she nodded to the twins and Mr. Weasley. “Gentlemen, let’s go.”

As they stepped out onto Diagon Alley, they could see a small army of goblins had entered the fray to keep the Death Eaters from entering Gringotts. Dozens of witches and wizards had taken refuge in the huge lobby. Minerva could see several students huddling with their families behind the shield erected by the goblins. The professor led the way to the entrance to Knockturn Alley. She could easily understand why Harry was concerned about reinforcement coming from Knockturn Alley. Knockturn specialized in Dark and dangerous objects, so those that shopped there were most likely Dark.

George gestured to the empty shop next to Florean Fortescue’s abandoned ice cream parlour. Minerva nodded and the four of them cautiously entered the building. It had obviously been abandoned for some time; the shelves were empty except for a layer of dust. Minerva gestured for the others to stop and pulling out her wand, she intoned, “Homenum Revelio.”

After a moment, she nodded. “There is no one here.”

Fred and George scrambled to the window that overlooked the intersection of Knockturn and Diagon Alley. The glass had long since been broken providing them with a firing area. There was a flurry of movement from the direction of Borgin & Burke.

Arthur gripped his wand tightly as he whispered, “They must be Flooing into Borgin & Burke.”

Minerva nodded and turned to the twins, holding out a few boxes. “Perhaps you gentleman could set these up at the entrance to the alley.”

Fred automatically reached for the boxes she held out and laughed when he saw they contained portable swamps, such as the kind he and George had left when they left Hogwarts in their seventh year. Nodding to his former head of house, he and George tore open the boxes and set up a large swamp blocking the way into Diagon Alley. Minerva and Arthur kept their wands at the ready to protect the boys while they worked.

Just as the boys finished, some of the braver Death Eaters’ supporters started firing hexes from inside the Dark bookstore near the intersection. Minerva and Arthur immediately returned fire to cover the twins until they made it back to the store.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPPHPHP

As the others left, Bill turned to Hermione. “They must have set the Anti-Disapparition Jinx as soon as they arrived. We need to break it down. Usually Anti-Disapparition Jinxes are used in places like Azkaban or the Ministry of Magic. To apply the wards to such a narrow area would take a lot of power.”

Hermione nodded her understanding and Bill continued, “There are very few wizards capable of providing that much power, so they most likely used a crystal or stone to amplify their power.”

“Do we need to find the crystal?” Hermione asked.

Bill grinned. “No, that is why Harry wanted me to work on this. Curse Breakers have to do this all the time. We need to trace the magic back to the source and overload the crystal. That will bring down the jinx.”

“How do we do that?” Hermione asked anxiously as the screaming from the street suddenly jumped in volume.

Bill looked out at the street. “We need to get to a more secure position. We need to be able to concentrate on what we are doing, not defense.”

Hermione nodded her agreement and Bill set some defensive wards and perimeter charms as he led the way up to the twins’ flat.

Once they were settled in the flat, Bill demonstrated the spell to Hermione. The two of them began the arduous process of finding the specific spell they were looking for and tracing it back to its origins.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHHPPHHP

Harry turned to the rest of the group. “We need to get out there. Remus, I want you to take a group to Madame Malkin’s. Tonks, take a group to help the goblins at Gringotts. The rest of us will attack the Death Eaters at Flourish & Blott’s. Remember, this is about getting as many innocent victims out of the way as possible. If you have wounded, try to send them to the Apothecary. Let’s go!”

Harry led the way out onto the street. Diagon Alley was in chaos. Smoke rose into the air as two of the empty buildings as well as three of the peddlers’ push-carts had been set on fire by the Death Eaters. The number of Death Eaters had grown to almost two dozen. They had broken up into smaller groups of three and four.

There appeared to be several groups focused on Flourish & Blott’s. Harry was heartened to see the Death Eaters were encountering resistance from some groups of students inside.

Harry exchanged a look with Ron and the two of them powered their way into the bookstore. The screams of someone under the Cruciatus pulled Harry into the store. He vaguely registered that it was the manager of the store before he engaged the Death Eaters.

Harry stunned two of the Death Eaters before they realized they were under attack. The other Death Eater in the group started throwing Bludgeoning Curses at Harry. The bookcase beside Harry shattered sending shards of wood and metal raining down. Harry felt something warm running down his arm. Looking down, he realized he’d been hit with a large piece of flying wood. Harry ducked down behind the counter and used the counter as a shield as he sent Cutting and Bludgeoning Curses towards the Death Eater.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHHPPHHP

Ron had been separated from Harry when they entered the store. He headed toward a group of Death Eaters in the opposite corner.

“Ron!”

Ron turned to see Neville Longbottom headed his direction.

“Neville,” Ron responded, “what are you doing here?”

Neville had a cut running down the length of one arm, but otherwise seemed to be unharmed. “I was here shopping with my Grandmother.”

Their reunion was cut short as the Death Eaters caught sight of them and started sending hexes in their direction. Back to back, the two Gryffindors traded hexes with the Death Eaters.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHHPPHHP

Harry had pulled the wood from his arm and made a makeshift bandage. He could hear noise from the backroom. Looking out, he managed to stun the Death Eater and bound him before heading to the backroom.

Harry had never met Augusta Longbottom in person, but he knew her as soon as he saw her from all of Neville’s stories.

“Mrs. Longbottom?” Harry approached the older witch while he took in the situation in the back room. The back room was large and filled with boxes and stacks of books. Harry saw another door against the far wall. There were dozens of families huddled together; some had obviously fought back and there were several wounded. Harry recognized several fellow students from Hogwarts, most of them younger than he. Harry suspected that many of the sixth and seventh year students would be out fighting the Death Eaters. As he didn’t see Neville, Harry assumed Neville was among those fighting.

Augusta turned when she heard her name, wand at the ready. To her surprise, it was Harry Potter.

“Mr. Potter,” Augusta replied, “we have almost 50 people back here, many of them Muggles, families with young children, or students unable to defend themselves.”

Harry nodded as she spoke, but continued to scan to room. “To where does that door lead?” he asked, pointing to the door against the far wall.

“I’m not sure,” she replied. “We tried to open it when we arrived, but it won’t budge.”

“It probably leads to the service alley,” one of the young mothers in the group replied.

“Service alley?” Harry inquired.

“Yes, some of the shops are connected by a service alley,” she replied, “but only a few know the spells needed to open the doors.”

Harry inspected the door before reaching out with his magic. He could feel the strength of the locking spell on the door. He was sure there were counterspells that would open the door, but he didn’t know any.

Harry stepped back from the door and gathering his magic, yelled, “Confringo!”

The Blasting Curse lived up to its name, shattering the door, but leaving the door frame and walls intact. Harry stepped up to the opening and peered through. It was indeed a service alley. The service alley was more like a long hallway. There was no way out of the alley, but it did appear to conform to the buildings, turning and hugging the walls of the different sized shops.

Turning to Mrs. Longbottom, he said, “My wife and some others are in the Apothecary with wounded. Can you take these people down there?”

Augusta nodded. “It would be my honor, Mr. Potter.”

Harry turned to the woman who mentioned the alley. “Does this run the length of the alley?”

“No, it runs from the Leaky Cauldron to Gringotts. You cannot access Gringotts from the service alley,” she replied.

“Thank you,” Harry said.

He watched the last of the group enter into the service alley and then repaired the door so they couldn’t be followed.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPPHHPPHP

The windows in the front of Madame Malkin’s had all been broken; glass and torn fabric were strewn all over the floor. As Remus fought his way to the shop, he could see at least two bodies on the floor.

Remus dodged a curse as he surveyed the inside of the shop. He could tell from this distance the two on the floor were both dead. From the size, he thought they might be students.

Exchanging a look with Oliver and Katie who had come with him, Remus cautiously entered the destroyed storefront. Blood pooled around the bodies of the two young witches who had been killed. Katie had a motion to go to them before Remus grabbed her arm.

“We need to focus on the living, Katie,” Remus whispered.

Swallowing hard, Katie nodded looking around the shop. A scream from the back area drew their attention. Remus, Oliver and Katie all headed that direction. With a wave of his wand, Remus Vanished the curtain that had separated the back room. A group of tearful teen witches were being held at bay by three large Death Eaters. Madame Malkin and her two assistants were unconscious on the floor, but did not appeared to be injured. The same could not be said for the four young wizards who were also unconscious on the floor. They had been beaten and bloodied.

The scream had come from an attractive young witch who the Death Eaters had separated from her companions. The youngest Death Eater had taken off his mask. Remus recognized him as Clive Montague. Montague had been on the Slytherin Quidditch team when Remus had taught at Hogwarts. To Remus’s disgust, Montague had torn the young lady’s blouse and with the encouragement of his fellow Death Eaters was attempting to assault the young witch.

Nodding to the other two, Remus stunned Montague. The other Death Eaters turned, firing as they turned. Remus felt the sting of a Cutting Curse across his chest as he returned spells with the Death Eaters. Oliver cast a protection spell over the witches while Katie did the same for those unconscious on the floor. The two of them then joined the fight, trading curses with the Death Eaters.

With a shout, one of the Death Eaters threw down a handful of Peruvian Darkness Powder. When the air cleared, the Death Eaters were gone. Leaving Oliver and Katie with the wounded, Remus went back out into Diagon Alley.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Gawain Robards was having a very bad day. He was currently talking to Dave Williamson who was the Auror in charge for the day.

“The Suppression Charms we placed on the notification charms are holding,” Dave reported with unsuppressed glee. “No one will be notified of the attack until we decide it is time. We have also managed to suppress any message Patronuses that may be sent to Dumbledore.”

“Very good,” Gawain heard himself replying. “I have a meeting with Scrimgeour and Dumbledore. Are the potions ready?”

Dave laughed. “Here they are. Pour one vial into their tea. It will make them relaxed and make it easier to hex them.”

Gawain opened his mouth to yell “No” or call for help, but to his horror he heard himself replying, “Okay.”

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHPHPHPHHPHPPHPHP

Minerva and the three Weasley men had come under heavy fire from several points inside Knockturn Alley. To Minerva’s satisfaction, none of the Death Eaters had been able to successfully cross the Portable Swamps.

Fred had been badly hit with a Bludgeoning Curse and had a broken left leg. Minerva had splinted Fred’s leg, but she didn’t feel confident enough in her healing abilities to do anymore. She conferred with Arthur in whispered tones while George stood watch.

“Can we get him to the Apothecary?” Arthur asked, keeping an eye out into the alley.

Minerva shook her head. “I don’t think so. There are too many Death Eaters between us and the Apothecary.”

“Dad!”

Arthur turned in time to see half a dozen Death Eaters fly by on broomstick.

“Bloody hell, they’re flying by us!” George yelled.

“I don’t know how much more we can do here,” Minerva said as she sent several Bludgeoning Curses after the Death Eaters.

Arthur nodded as Minerva Transfigured some shelving into a pair of crutches for Fred. “Fred, you will need to stick closely to us. If you see an opportunity to get to the Apothecary, I want you to take it. Do you understand me?”

Fred nodded. The adrenaline of the initial assault had worn off and pain was starting to set in. He made his way to the street behind his twin.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

The Apothecary was filling up with wounded and those too young or unable to fight. Ginny had put those healthy enough to work and helped Alicia dispensing potions. Charlie and the two young Hufflepuffs were doing much of the heavy lifting and moving of the wounded. Audrey, the witch who worked in the Apothecary once she had regained her composure, was quite helpful.

Fleur was guarding the door. Ginny looked up when Fleur gasped and hurried out into the street. She returned a moment later with the twins, Fred leaning heavily on George.

“Fred, what happened?” she asked as Charlie hurried over and helped George settle Fred on one of the makeshift bed they had conjured.

Fred explained what had happened as Ginny brought over a dose of pain potion. Looking at her brother’s leg, Ginny said, “I’ll have Alicia come look at your leg. I don’t feel confident enough to heal it myself.”

The sounds of banging and knocking from the back of the shop had Fleur and Charlie running to the back with their wands drawn. They emerged a few minutes later with an older rather imposing looking witch, followed by several families and children.

“Ginny,” Charlie said, “this is Mrs. Longbottom. Harry sent her and these families down from Flourish & Blott’s.”

“Pleased to meet you, Mrs. Longbottom. I’m Ginny Potter,” Ginny said, extending her hand to the older witch.

After exchanging greeting, Ginny asked, “How did you get down here?”

Augusta explained about the service alley. “Unfortunately, there appears to be some sort of shield blocking access to the Leaky Cauldron.”

George and Charlie moved back into the back room and peered down the alley. “How come you didn’t know about this?” Charlie asked.

George looked around in amazement. “I have no idea. There isn’t an alley in back of our shop.”

After a brief discussion with Fleur and the now recovering Fred, George and Charlie set off down the service alley to Madame Malkin’s.

“I wish we had a service alley in our part of the alley,” George commented as they jogged to Madame Malkin’s. When they reached the robe shop, Charlie examined the door. “I think the door should open easily from this side.”

Alohomora!” Charlie yelled.

The door swung open easily and the brothers faced the wands of Oliver and Katie.

Oliver recovered first. “How the bloody hell did you get here?”

George explained about the alley while Charlie helped Katie revive the unconscious witches. They made their way back to the Apothecary with Charlie and Oliver carrying the wounded.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHPHPHPPHPPHPHHPHPHPHPHPHP

Bill could feel the sweat pouring down his face as he concentrated on tracing the magic. With a final push, he reached the crystal. Looking over at Hermione, he could see that she too could had traced back the power. With a nod, Bill and Hermione began the incantation that would overload the crystal and bring down the Anti-Disapparition wards. A bright shower of sparks near the Leaky Cauldron signaled the overloading of the crystal and with a burst of light and glass the crystal exploded bringing down the wards and the shield blocking access to the Leaky Cauldron.

Hermione smiled and hugged Bill before she said, “Let’s go out and help.”

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHPHPHPPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Harry quickly made his way through Flourish & Blott’s. The Death Eaters had pulled back into Diagon Alley. Harry, Ron and Neville quickly made their way back into the street. He could see Tonks and her group fighting with the goblins protecting Gringotts. He was glad that Gringotts did not seem to have been infiltrated by the Death Eaters. Two of the larger Death Eaters were throwing balls of fire into the buildings surrounding them. Harry saw the magical instruments store burst into flames as well as the abandoned ice cream parlour. Turning to the others, Harry yelled, “Put Fire Protection Spells on the other buildings.”

Harry felt the sting of a Cutting Curse slice across his back. Turning, he threw a Bludgeoning Curse before he realized his opponent was Lucius Malfoy. His anger spiked as he recalled his treatment at the hands of Malfoy. He conjured up half a dozen knives and threw them at Malfoy, only one hit its target.

Not letting up, Harry threw curse after curse at Malfoy. With a smile, he yelled, “Serpensortia!”

Yelling in Parseltongue, he ordered the snakes to attack Malfoy. Lucius met the challenge by Vanishing the snakes and conjuring up a set of spikes that he threw at Harry. Harry ducked and one grazed his shoulder. He came up attacking and threw a series of Cutting and Bludgeoning Curses at Malfoy. He felt a thrill of satisfaction as he saw Malfoy’s arm snap. Malfoy threw a Bedazzling Curse at Harry, momentarily blinding him and disappeared into the group of Death Eaters.

Before Harry could follow him, Alecto Carrow, taking advantage of Harry’s blindness, threw a Cruciatus Curse. Harry felt the familiar and yet dreaded pain tear through his body.

Neville and Ron had stunned the Death Eaters. They were fighting and heard Harry’s yell. They turned as one to go to his aid, but found their path blocked by Bellatrix Lestrange.

Neville felt a white hot anger erupt as he was confronted by the woman responsible for torturing his parents into insanity. He started exchanging curses with the woman, drawing on everything Harry had taught him in the DA. Ron was on Bellatrix’s other side, throwing curses at her.

Bellatrix laughed when she saw who was fighting her. “Little Longbottom. Are you ready to join your parents in St. Mungo’s?”

Neville let out a bellow of rage. “Never!”

He threw a Bludgeoning Curse that tossed Bellatrix against the wall of Flourish & Blott’s. He followed up with another Bludgeoning Curse that snapped her neck. Neville took a deep breath as he looked down on the broken body of the woman who destroyed his family. He felt a hand on his shoulder and tensed before turning to look into Remus’s eyes.

“Come on, Neville. It’s not over yet,” Remus said.

Alecto let up on the Cruciatus and Harry rolled out of the way. Alecto screamed after him and sent a Blasting Curse in his direction. Harry ducked as the street next to him was blasted to pieces. He sent a series of Cutting Curses in Alecto’s direction.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHPHPHPPHPPHPHPHPPHPHPHPHPH

Albus left his meeting with Scrimgeour, feeling very frustrated. Scrimgeour was determined to meet with Harry. He wanted to train Harry to fight Voldemort, but Albus did not think Harry would be very amenable to those plans. Albus headed down an empty corridor to get to the Department of Law Enforcement.

“Headmaster!”

Albus turned to see Narcissa Malfoy headed in his direction.

“Narcissa,” Albus replied, “what can I do for you?”

Narcissa did not reply for a moment, but stared at Albus. He was unsurprised to see the anger in her face. He had received several owls from Narcissa since Draco’s death. He knew that Narcissa held him partially responsible for Draco’s death. He was surprised when she pulled her wand on him.

“Expelliarmus!” Narcissa yelled.

Caught off guard and for some reason feeling slow to respond, Albus felt his wand pull out of his hand. He suddenly felt very uneasy.

“Narcissa, what are you doing?” he asked sharply.

“I’m simply doing what should have been done long ago,” she replied. “You have been a stain on our society for long enough. You allow Mudbloods and Half-Bloods to mingle with their betters and you couldn’t even protect my son from your golden boy!”

With a look of anger, Narcissa yelled, “Avada Kedavra!

Albus collapsed with a look of shock as the green light enveloped him. Narcissa laughed as she realized Dumbledore was truly dead. Grabbing his wand, she pressed the mark that had been burned into her arm.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Rufus Scrimgeour looked up as Williamson and Robards entered his office.

“Can I help you gentlemen?” Scrimgeour asked.

“Any luck?” Robards asked.

“No, he is still blocking access to Potter. I don’t know if he thinks he can train him better himself or what he is thinking,” Scrimgeour replied.

Williamson shook his head. “I’d hate to think the hope of the Wizarding World is a seventeen year old boy.”

Scrimgeour laughed. “I know, but the boy is powerful and the people look up to him.”

“That is one of the things we will need to change,” Williamson replied.

“What do you mean?”

“You are trying to weaken the Wizarding World,” Williamson accused him. “We should not be accommodating the Mudbloods and half breeds. We need to strengthen those with pure blood.”

Scrimgeour looked horrified. “Williamson, what…”

“Avada Kedavra!” Williamson yelled.

Robards looked on in horror as the Minister of Magic fell.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHPPHHPPH

Lucius Malfoy felt the burn of his Dark Mark. He laughed as he yelled, “It’s done! Let’s go!”

Harry looked around in confusion as the Death Eaters all activated their Portkeys. He looked around the destruction that had been wrought on Diagon Alley. Several buildings had been destroyed and he could see easily half a dozen bodies in the street.

Harry quickly made his way down to the Apothecary. Ginny looked up as he entered the shop. With a tired smile, she made her way over to Harry and threw her arms around his neck. He leaned over and kissed her softly before wrapping his arms around her.

“It’s over,” Harry whispered. “I don’t know what happened, but they all activated Portkeys and left. I heard Lucius yell something like ‘it’s done’ and they all left.”

“They did enough damage in the time they were here,” Ginny replied.

“Harry!”

Harry looked up as Remus and Kingsley entered the shop. He could tell by the look on their faces they had bad news.

Remus walked up to him. “Harry…I don’t know how to tell you this, but Albus is dead.”

Harry felt as though the air was sucked out of his lungs. He certainly had his differences with Dumbledore, but he did not want him dead.

“What? How did that happen?” Harry asked as Ginny tightened her arms around him.

“There is more,” Kingsley said. “The Minister of Magic is dead. Harry, we need to get you out of here, now.”

Harry could only stare at them in confusion for a moment before he nodded. He looked at Ginny, who said, “Let’s go.”

Harry took one last look at the destruction wrought on Diagon Alley. With Dumbledore and Scrimgeour dead, would this scene be repeated all over the Wizarding World? He and Ginny Apparated back to Grimmauld Place.


Reviews 410
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear