Search:

SIYE Time:7:57 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Remember
By potterfan2008

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 410
Summary: The summer after the Chamber of Secrets was hard on everyone. How come no one can remember what happened? Prior to starting his seventh year at Hogwarts, Harry realizes he is missing some memories from his second year. Together with Remus Lupin, Harry sets out to discover what happened. He hopes to find out about that pretty red head he has been dreaming about as well.
Hitcount: Story Total: 353197; Chapter Total: 10537
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Many Thanks to my awesome beta, Jennyelf!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Minerva looked around the crowded staffroom as she listened in growing horror to the new Minister’s speech. While she had been worried about who might take over for the murdered Rufus Scrimgeour, she hadn’t dreamed it would be possible for one of Voldemort’s supporters to become Minister. As she looked around the room, Minerva began running through staff and students who would be at risk under the new regime.

Her eyes fell upon Filius Flitwick. He had confided to her that he had a ‘dash’ of Goblin blood. Would that be enough to cause him problems? What about Hagrid? Thanks to Rita Skeeter, the world knew that Hagrid was half giant. Minerva made a note to herself to have a talk with him later. Maybe she could help him flee to a safer area. Firenze, as a Centaur, would obviously be targeted by the Ministry. Minerva hoped that his herd would take him back. She looked over at the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor; Bill would not have any problems. While the Weasleys were alleged blood-traitors, they were pure-bloods, but what about Fleur? She was only part Veela, but Minerva didn’t think the new regime would overlook that. The Muggle Studies Professor, Charity Burbage, had disappeared over the summer. Minerva did not know what had happened to her. Charity had left for a holiday in Cyprus and had not been seen since.

Minerva felt a chill run down her spine as she watched Septima Vector nod along with the broadcast. She turned her eyes to Horace Slughorn. She couldn’t tell from his expression what he was thinking, but she knew that as Head of Slytherin House, he could very well agree with at least some of the nonsense that was being promoted by the Ministry.

After the broadcast ended, there was a brief silence followed by everyone talking at once. Minerva let everyone talk for a few minutes before calling for everyone’s attention.“I know this has been a big shock, but we still have work to do.” Minerva began meeting the eyes of everyone in the staff room. “I am sure that Headmaster Fedorov will be in contact shortly with instructions for the staff. We need to have our curriculums up to date and ready for inspection. If you have any concerns, please see me as soon as possible.”

As most of the staff filtered out of the room, Minerva gestured for Bill and Filius to remain behind. When the door closed behind the others, Minerva turned to Bill and Filius. Before she could say anything, Bill cast a quick spell.

Minerva looked at him. He explained with a smile, “A spell my brother-in-law taught me. It will prevent eavesdropping.”

Filius shook his head, but with a smile on his face said, “Yes, I believe he’s used that in my class more than once.”

The three sat at one of several small tables scattered around the staffroom. Minerva sighed. “I don’t even know where to begin. I would never have believed I would hear such bigoted, prejudiced drivel from someone who claims to be the Minister of Magic. Muggleborns fooling the magical community? Where does that come from?”

“And to see Hogwarts Professors agreeing with it,” Filius said. “Did you see Septima?”

Minerva nodded her head tiredly. “I was shocked. Septima and I have never been close, but we’ve been on the faculty together for years. What about Horace? Do you know what his thoughts are?”

“I don’t know. He’s never been an outright supporter of Voldemort, but he’s never denounced him either,” Filius replied.

“I know Ron didn’t like him,” Bill said. “Slughorn was always fawning over Hermione because she is so smart and Harry because he is…well, Harry.”

Minerva laughed. “Yes, I don’t think Harry was too thrilled about that.”

“What about the school?” Filius asked. “So many Muggleborn students will not be allowed to return this year, including our Head Girl.”

“Who is that?” Bill asked.

“Hermione Granger,” Minerva replied. “Hermione has been a shoo in for the job since her first year. I just keep thinking about the visits we’ve made this summer. We need to get word to those incoming first years not to show up for the Hogwarts Express.”

Bill nodded. He has gone on two visits with Minerva. It was a wonderful experience introducing young Muggleborn witches and wizards to the world of Magic, seeing the relief that crossed both the child’s and parent’s face when they realized there was a logical explanation for the unexplained events that had been happening.

“Can you get a list of the Muggleborn students?” Bill asked Minerva.

Minerva nodded. “Dobby!”

Dobby appeared with a pop. “Yes, Mistress?”

“I need the lists of students for the upcoming year. They are on my desk,” Minerva said.

Dobby disappeared with a pop, reappearing a moment later with the requested documents.

Minerva spread the list out on the table. “We were expecting fifty Muggleborns this year. Other than the incoming Muggleborns, we don’t keep track of the students by their blood status. From what I gathered from the Minister’s speech, half-bloods will not be accepted or allowed to continue their education.”

“Minerva, I would suggest that you, I, and Pomona send owls to those from our houses that are affected,” Filius said.

“I agree,” Minerva said. “We need to reach out to them so they know it is not the whole Wizarding world that is rejecting them. We also need to choose a new Head Girl and Boy.”

“Who’s the Head Boy?” Bill asked. “Is he Muggleborn also?”

Minerva laughed. “No, it’s Harry…Well he had shown more leadership than any other student I can remember. The younger students all look up to him…well I guess honestly all of us look to Harry.”

“Surely he would pass a blood challenge,” Bill said.

“Certainly,” Minerva replied, “but I can’t see them allowing him to return. I’m sure Dolores delighted in regaling her friends at the Ministry with tales about Harry’s bad influence on the other students. And let’s face it, they know he opposes them. They know how powerful he is…they will try to keep him out.”

“How powerful is he?” Bill asked curiously. He knew from what he’d seen of Harry over the past few weeks that he was very powerful, but Bill wanted to hear what Minerva and Filius had to say.

Minerva looked steadily at Bill. “I think he is one of the most powerful wizards I have ever taught, if not the most powerful. He holds himself back in class, but when he focuses…he is dangerous. He killed Draco Malfoy with a Blasting Curse…a Blasting Curse. For most sixth years, it would have maybe knocked their opponent down. For some of the more powerful students, it may have injured their opponent. Harry sent Malfoy flying across the room and snapped his neck. I don’t think I could have done that.”

Filius nodded his agreement. “He has fought against Voldemort’s most powerful Death Eaters and survived. I was one of the first on the scene in June…Harry was still conscious. His leg was broken; he was bleeding from several wounds; he had been subjected to the Cruciatus, but he still had a shield up protecting Albus. I’ve had nightmares about that scene ever since. Can you imagine at sixteen, going through all of that and still being able to protect the man everyone says is the most powerful wizard in the world?”

Bill’s eyes widened as he listened the Filius’s description of the fight in June. Many of the details had been left out of the official reports.

He shook his head as if to clear it and turned to Minerva. “Shall we get started on the letters?”

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHP

Harry looked around the room as the broadcast faded away, horrified by what he heard. As the Weasleys and Remus began talking, Harry saw Hermione slip out of the room. Kissing Ginny on the cheek, Harry slipped out of the room after her. He found her in the library looking out the window.

“Hermione.”

Hermione turned. “I’m okay, Harry. I just…I can’t believe this is happening. I think I’ve a kind of idealized view of the Magical world. I can’t believe that after finding a place I fit in, I suddenly feel unwelcome.”

Harry laughed a little bitterly. “I know. When I found out I was a wizard, everything seemed to suddenly make sense. I knew I’d never fit in at the Dursleys’ and finding you and Ron, I suddenly belonged. Now I’m…what, number one on the hit list of the most dangerous Dark Wizard in the world.”

“I may not be number one on a hit list, but I know what you’re saying. When I was little, I never really had any friends. I fit in better with the adults. I guess I really was a know-it-all. When I found out about the Magical world, I was astonished. I understood why I couldn’t fit into the Muggle world. My first trip to Diagon Alley was…amazing,” Hermione explained.

Harry laughed. “Who came to visit you?”

“Professor McGonagall,” Hermione replied. “She came and sat down with me and my parents and explained the Magical world. I remember she made our tea set dance and Transfigured my father’s favorite chair into a rock.”

Looking at Harry, she asked, “Who came to visit you?”

“Hagrid,” Harry replied. “I guess Dumbledore didn’t think I needed a visit because my aunt obviously knew about the Magical world. My uncle flipped out when the first letter arrived and took the letter from me. Looking back, it’s kind of funny. Hundreds of letters were sent to me, but I wasn’t allowed to see any of them. It was after that when I finally got my own room. My first letter was addressed to me in the ‘Cupboard Under the Stairs.’ Uncle Vernon figured if people were watching, he should treat me a little better. We spent a few days traveling around England avoiding the letters before Hagrid caught up with us.”

Hermione laughed. “I can only imagine what sort of impression he made. Is that why the two of you are so close?”

“I guess so,” Harry replied. “He took me to Diagon Alley and Hagrid was the one who told me about Voldemort and my parents. He got me Hedwig — she was the very first real present I ever remember getting.”

Harry sat down on the window seat next to Hermione. She scooted over to make room for him. “Can you imagine being introduced to such a world and then have it stolen from you by…racist…” Hermione trailed off.

Harry put his arm around her shoulder. “I know, Hermione. But I promise, this will only be temporary. We will defeat Voldemort. We will bring down his Death Eaters. Once we are free from this, we can bring in the Muggleborns and try to integrate all wizards together. Can you imagine a world where no one knows or cares what your blood status is? That’s why I’m doing what I’m doing. So that we can create a better world and my children and your children won’t have to deal with this craziness.”

Hermione laughed and hugged Harry. “Thanks, Harry.”

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHPPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Harry and Ginny walked hand-in-hand from the Apparition point at Aunt Muriel’s house, headed for a meeting of the Order of the Phoenix. Shortly after the broadcast had ended, a Patronus had arrived from Professor McGonagall announcing an emergency meeting tonight.

“Harry.”

Harry turned to see Oliver and Alicia, who had arrived with Angelina and Katie.

Harry and Ginny greeted their friends and Harry left Ginny with his former Quidditch teammates as he went to greet Professor McGonagall. Harry surprised both of them when he hugged her in greeting.

“Professor,” Harry said as he pulled away, slightly embarrassed. “How are you holding up?”

Minerva smiled up at one of her favorite students. “I’ve been better, Harry. I worked with Albus for so long…It’s hard to believe that he’s gone.”

Harry nodded. “I know what you mean.” He cleared his suddenly closing throat, “Professor Dumbledore…is Hogwarts. I really can’t imagine Hogwarts without him.”

“Harry.”

Turning, Harry saw Neville Longbottom arriving.

“Go visit with your friends, Harry,” Minerva said. “We can talk later.”

Saying goodbye to his Head-of-House, Harry turned to greet his roommate of the past six years. “Neville. It’s great to see you.”

Shaking Neville’s hand, Harry asked, “How are you doing?”

Neville’s face fell slightly. “Did Tonks tell you about yesterday?”

Harry nodded. “Yeah, she was worried about you.”

“I’m doing okay…I just never truly imagined that I would ever…kill someone,” Neville responded.

“I know the feeling,” Harry replied. “I didn’t like Draco or Snape, but I never really imagined that I would end up killing them.”

“Thanks for inviting me,” Neville said in an effort to change the topic. “Say, I’ve been meaning to ask you how you liked your conservatory.”

Harry smiled. “Merlin, it is amazing. Thank you so much for helping Remus and Tonks restore the room. Ginny and I had our bonding ceremony there.”

Neville’s face lit up at Harry’s obvious appreciation. “Really? That’s great. I can’t believe you’re married. Didn’t you just turn seventeen?”

“Actually, we were married before my birthday so I was sixteen and she was fifteen when we got married. It seems really strange when I think of it like that, but I can’t imagine not being with her,” Harry replied.

“Have you known her for a long time? I don’t think I’ve ever heard you mention her before,” Neville said.

Harry flushed slightly. “It’s a long story and I think Professor McGonagall will mention some of it. I met her when I was eleven, but then I hadn’t seen her for years before this summer. We met again at Quidditch camp this summer and fell in love. We ended up soul bonded.”

Neville shook his head. “You never do things the easy way, do you Harry?”

Harry laughed. “No, but she is amazing.”

“My grandmother met Ginny yesterday. She was really impressed with her,” Neville said.

Smiling proudly, Harry beckoned Ginny over. “Neville, this is my wife, Ginny. Gin, this is Neville Longbottom. He’s in my year at Hogwarts. I don’t know if you remember him. He helped Remus and Tonks with the plants in our conservatory.”

Ginny nodded. “Yes, you’re one of Harry and Ron’s roommates, right? Tonks mentioned to me that you helped with the plants. The conservatory looks amazing.”

Neville nodded slowly as he looked at Ginny. “Thanks. Have we met before?”

“I went to Hogwarts during your second year,” Ginny replied. “You probably don’t remember me…there were some complications. I’ve been at Beauxbatons since my first year.”

“Sorry, I don’t remember you,” Neville said. “I feel like I should, but I don’t.”

Ginny laughed. “That’s okay. I’ll be back at Hogwarts this year…well maybe, depending on how everything turns out.”

A signal from Professor McGonagall brought their conversation to an end and everyone trooped into the great room where the meeting was to be held. Harry looked around the huge room in amazement. One whole wall was lined with French doors that looked out onto a large garden. The room had a very regal feel with several large columns and rich tapestries on the wall. Harry was not surprised when Ginny whispered that it used to be a ballroom. Several rows of chairs had been added to an eclectic collection of sofas and chairs. Ginny pulled Harry over to a small golden brocade love seat along the back wall.

“This is always my favorite couch,” Ginny whispered.

“I like the color,” Harry whispered back. “This room is amazing.”

Ginny giggled. “I know. I love the view. It almost makes it worth putting up with Aunt Muriel.”

Professor McGonagall called the meeting to order. “Thank you to everyone for joining us here on such short notice.”

“What are all of these children doing here?”

Harry turned to see who had asked the question. He didn’t recognize the older wizard, but Ginny whispered, “That is Derek Stevens. He works at the Ministry with Dad.”

Minerva looked over at Derek. “Everyone here was invited because they are committed to the fight against Voldemort. We have many new members here tonight. Everyone here is legally an adult. These children, as you call them, have all had to fight against the Death Eaters threatening to take over our world. They may be young, but they have all proven their commitment to fighting against evil.”

Derek sat back abashed as Minerva eyed the rest of those assembled for the meeting. “If there are no more comments, I would like to start the meeting with a moment of silence in honor of not only Albus Dumbledore and Rufus Scrimgeour, but all of those who lost their lives on Diagon Alley.”

Ginny reached over and took Harry’s hand as she felt the surge of emotion that swept through him at the mention of his former mentor. Harry smiled at her and kissed her softly on the cheek.

After the moment of silence, Minerva took out her wand. “First, I need to clear something up. A Misdirection Charm was cast upon the Hogwarts students at the end of the 1992-1993 school year. I will cast the counter charm, so those affected will remember the events of that school year.”

Minerva cast the charm and Harry could see Oliver and Alicia who were sitting near them react. Minerva sent small vials of potion towards those affected. “I’m sending a headache potion your way. I’ve been told that breaking the charm can cause a headache.”

Minerva quickly outlined the events of Ginny’s first school year without identifying the affected student. “I am sharing this with you because it was discovered this past summer that the two people most involved were Obliviated. Their memories have now been returned, but I wanted to ensure that the others who were at school with them had their memories restored as well.”

Harry watched Ginny carefully as Minerva spoke. They knew that she planned to break the charm at the meeting, but Harry was still very protective of Ginny.

After she answered a few questions about the Chamber of Secrets, Minerva turned to Kingsley. “What have you been able to learn?”

Kingsley stood and in his deep soothing voice began his report. “To bring everyone up to date, both Albus and Rufus were murdered within minutes of the end of a meeting between the two of them and Gawain Robards. Rufus was killed in his office and Albus was killed near the Department of Mysteries. We were smuggled a potion that turns out to be a potion that…lowers your defenses. Essentially it makes it easier to curse someone. It appears to have been in the tea served at the meeting, paving the way for the assassinations.

“During the attack on Diagon Alley, the notification quills were blocked. There are only a few people who would be able to do that. Gawain Robards and Dave Williamson are on the top of that list. Dave was the Auror in charge yesterday during the attack,” Kingsley concluded.

“What do you think of them?” Harry asked.

Heads turned as they realized who he was. Harry ignored the buzzing around him and focused on Kingsley.

Kingsley turned in Harry’s direction. “I have worked with both of them for several years. Gawain has been an Auror for many years; he replaced Rufus as Head of the Auror Office. I know he has led the fight against the Death Eaters for years, but I don’t know much about him personally. Dave Williamson…he had been an Auror for almost ten years. He was posted overseas for almost five years. He returned to London almost two years ago.”

“Where was he posted?” Harry asked.

“Albania,” Kingsley replied.

“So he could have run into Riddle while he was there,” Harry said.

Kingsley nodded.

“Who is Riddle?” Hestia Jones asked.

“Voldemort,” Harry replied. “His real name is Tom Riddle.”

Derek spoke up again. “How do you know that?”

Harry rolled his eyes. “He told me.”

“When did he tell you that?” Percy asked suspiciously, speaking up for the first time.

“In the Chamber of Secrets,” Harry replied. Drawing his wand, he spelled out Tom Marvolo Riddle in shimmering letters that hung in the air. Imitating what he had seen Riddle do years earlier, Harry rearranged the letters to spell ‘I am Lord Voldemort.’

Returning to the previous conversation, Kingsley said, “We have investigated Williamson’s activities while he was in Albania as best we can. We believe he may have run into Voldemort.”

Looking at Harry, Kingsley asked, “Pettigrew met up with Voldemort there prior to the Quidditch World Cup, correct?”

Harry nodded, ignoring the whispering that had broken out, wondering why Kingsley was asking Harry about Voldemort’s actions.

“So Williamson could be a Death Eater, but we need to do some more investigating before we can say for certain,” concluded Kingsley.

Minerva nodded as Kingsley sat down. “Percy, what have you been able to discover?”

“Pius Thicknesse was seemingly picked out of nowhere to become Minister. He is a crony of Lucius Malfoy’s and presumably a Death Eater. The new administration is claiming that Muggleborns and half-bloods are not capable of magic so should not be granted the same rights as full-blooded wizards. I don’t think they are serious about the half-blood part, but they fired all Muggleborns that work at the Ministry. I think they didn’t do anything about the half-blood because there aren’t enough pure-bloods left to function,” Percy reported.

As Percy sat down, Andromeda stood up. “All healers were sent a several page document this afternoon. If we supply the contraceptive potion to a pureblood witch or wizard, we risk going to Azkaban. We are encouraged to supply the potion to those married to so-called Magical Creatures. If we attend the birth of a baby born to a so-called Magical Creature, we are to report it immediately. T hey seem to have been planning this for quite some time. The document was very detailed. Contraceptive potions are now strictly monitored.”

Andromeda turned to Alicia. “What is happening at St. Mungo’s?”

Standing shyly, Alicia answered, “They confiscated our entire stock of Contraceptive potion. Healer Reed has been put in charge of the Contraceptive potion. She managed to convince the Ministry not to destroy our stock. There are a few cases where it is recommended, so she is working with the Ministry to develop strict guidelines for its usage.”
Murmuring broke out among everyone as Alicia sat down. Andromeda raised her voice to add, “I have several vials of the potion with me. I don’t know if I will be able to obtain anymore. Ladies, please see me after the meeting.”

Minerva stood again. “At Hogwarts, we received a message from our new Headmaster, Ivan Fedorov. He will be arriving at the castle on September 2 to help review the curriculum. I don’t know much about Mr. Fedorov, but I have confirmed he is a known Death Eater. I have already spoken to Hagrid and Firenze. They will be leaving the school. Professor Flitwick will be taking a sabbatical. We still have not heard from Charity Burbage. It concerns me that we will have three positions open. If we don’t have viable candidates who meet the requirements, I can only imagine who they will send.”

Charlie stood up. “I can teach Care of Magical Creatures.”

Minerva smiled. “Thank you, Mr. Weasley. You are one of the people Hagrid mentioned as a possible replacement.”

As Charlie sat down, Minerva asked, “Are there any questions?”

“Do you think they will try to dissolve marriages? As I am a pureblood married to a so-called Magical Creature,” Bill said, his voice dripping with sarcasm, “can they try to dissolve our marriage?”

“I don’t think so,” Percy replied. “Magical marriages bind the couple’s magic. They wouldn’t be able to break that. I don’t think they will go to that level.”

A woman Harry did not know stood. “I work in the Department of Magical Contracts. They can’t break a Magical marriage, but if the couple was married only in the Muggle world, it can be declared invalid. However, there is one marriage they have looked into dissolving.”

Harry tensed as the witch looked over at him and Ginny. “Dolores Umbridge came and looked at the record of your marriage, Mr. Potter. It is legal and she was quite upset that she could not find a reason to break it.”

Harry released a breath he didn’t realize he was holding as he nodded his acknowledgement at the witch. He could feel Ginny’s jumbled emotions mixing with his own anger and fear. He wrapped his arms around her. “It will be okay, love. We are married and they can’t do anything to break our bond.”

Ginny smiled shakily at him, but Harry could see the tears swimming in her eyes. He pulled her up against him as Professor McGonagall finished up the meeting.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHPHPHPHPPHPHPHPHPHP

After the meeting, Harry turned to Ginny. “I need to go talk to a few people. Will you be okay?”

Ginny wrapped her arms around his neck. “I’m fine, love. It just scared me to think of people out there trying to dissolve our marriage. I just wish more people would be happy for us or even just ignore us, but not try to break us up.”

Sliding his arms around her waist, Harry pulled her close. “I know, baby. I love you so much and I can’t even imagine my life without you. No one will break us up, I promise you.”

Harry leaned down and kissed her deeply. Ginny smiled up at him, slightly dazed when he pulled back. He laughed at the expression on her face. “Do you know what today is, love?”

Ginny thought about it for a moment before shaking her head. “No, what is today?”

“Our one month anniversary,” Harry replied as he conjured a rose for her.

Ginny’s eyes widened. “Really?! Merlin, it is August 28th.”

“So I thought that after the meeting we could go out to dinner. Would you like that?” Harry asked.

Nodding, Ginny pulled him down for a kiss. “That would be great!”

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

“Ginny.”

Ginny stiffened when she heard her mother behind her. She hadn’t spoken to her mother in almost two weeks.

“Mother.” Ginny turned to see Molly standing behind her.

“How are you doing, dear?” Molly asked cautiously.

“I’m fine and my husband is fine. He is finally recovering from his stay with the Death Eaters,” Ginny replied harshly.

“I’m very sorry about what happened to Harry,” Molly whispered with tears in her eyes. “I never meant for him to get hurt. I just…I was just afraid for you. You are so young, baby. I know you hate to hear that, but you are. We’ve tried so hard to keep you out of the war. All of your brothers are involved in this war in one way or another. I wanted to keep you safe.”

“Shouldn’t that be my choice?” Ginny asked. Out of the corner of her eye, Ginny saw Harry looking at her with a concerned look. Ginny smiled at him and he turned back to his conversation with Oliver and Alicia.

Molly sighed as she watched her daughter interact with her husband. “I know I have made many mistakes. I realize now that I never should have agreed to have you Obliviated.”

Ginny rolled her eyes, but did not comment as Molly continued, “Did I ever tell you about my brothers?”

“Just that they died in the first war,” Ginny replied.

“My brothers Fabian and Gideon were in the Order of the Phoenix during the first war. They were so sure that what they were doing was important and needed to be done. I didn’t see them much as your brothers were young and I was kept at home with so many young children. I kept telling myself I would see them soon.” Molly paused as tears ran down her face. “I finally went over to see them, only to find a Dark Mark floating over their house. I ran into the house and … it was horrible. There had obviously been a terrible fight. Ginny, I don’t want to find you or your brothers that way.”

Ginny wiped her own tears and replied, “Mum, I know you worry about us and I know you want to keep us safe. You have to understand, Harry and I will do what needs to be done to end this war, but we will do it together. Harry and I are so much stronger together than we are apart. Mum, I love him so much. If you want to have any type of relationship with me, you need to accept that we will be together and stop trying to break us up.”

Striving to keep her temper under control, Ginny took a deep breath before continuing, “What you did…Mum, you invited another man to be my date. I know you didn’t know that Luc would betray us like that. I don’t blame you for that. But you let him know that you didn’t approve of Harry and you didn’t accept our marriage. How could you do that to him? Harry has done nothing but…He saved my life, he saved Dad’s life, and he saved Ron’s life. And in thanks, you tell others that he isn’t good enough to be my husband.”

Molly made to respond, but Ginny cut her off. “Mum, I can’t continue this discussion right now.”

Arthur walked up as Ginny slipped into the garden. “Molly?”

Molly turned to him with tears in her eyes. “Arthur, she doesn’t want to talk to me.”

Arthur sighed and gathered her in his arms. “Love, it will take time. Ginny loves you. I know she does, but you hurt her badly.”

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

“Miss Granger.”

Hermione turned to see her favorite professor standing in front of her. “Professor McGonagall.”

Minerva gave Hermione a small smile. “Miss Granger, I wanted to say I am very sorry we won’t be able to offer you a spot at Hogwarts this year. I wanted to tell you in person that last week we finalized our decision and planned to offer you the position of Head Girl.”

Hermione felt a lump in her throat. “Really? Head Girl?”

Minerva nodded sadly. “Was there ever any doubt? You and Harry were to be our Head Girl and Boy and now I don’t know that either of you will be able to attend this year.”

Hermione sighed. “I know. I was very upset this morning and I’m not saying I’m not still upset, but I talked to Harry today. He has such an amazing vision of the future. That vision is what we are working for. I hope we can somehow finish our last year of school. But if we have to sit out this year fighting the evil that is trying to take over our country, then that is what we will do.”

Minerva smiled proudly at Hermione. “Thank you, Hermione. That just confirms we made the right choices in you and Harry.”

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Harry could feel Ginny’s distress through their bond and he followed her out to the garden. He paused when he caught sight of her leaning over a group of rose bushes. She was so beautiful. Harry still wasn’t really sure that he deserved her, but as long as she thought he was good enough, he wasn’t going to discourage her.

He could feel Ginny relaxing as she sat on the bench in the garden.

“Hey, beautiful,” Harry said softly as he sat down next to her.

Leaning into him, Ginny put her head down on his chest. As Harry wrapped his arm around her, Ginny told him about her conversation with her mother.

Harry listened quietly, running his hand through her hair and dropping occasional kisses on top of her head.

“Baby, I don’t want you to be angry with your mum on my account,” Harry said when she finished.

Shaking her head, Ginny laughed softly. “Love, that is exactly why I am angry on your account. I love you so much She needs to accept that.”

Ginny stood up. “Do we need to stay any longer? I want to go eat.”

Harry laughed as he followed her back into the ballroom. “What do you want?”

“Can we get pizza again?”

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Ginny laughed as she grabbed for the last piece of pizza. After the stressful meeting with her mother, she and Harry had a perfectly fun and romantic dinner.

“Gin, did you get another vial of potion?” Harry asked.

Ginny bit her lip as she looked over at her husband. “No.”

Reaching across the table, Harry took her hand. “Don’t get nervous, baby. Tell me what you were thinking.”

“I…Andromeda said she only had a few doses of potion and…I know we…it just seemed like everything was telling us it was time.” Ginny looked over at Harry to gauge his reaction. She reached out with her magic and was happy that he wasn’t upset. She couldn’t really tell what he was thinking.

He squeezed her hand. “Are you sure, Gin? Do you really want to have a baby with me?”

Ginny laughed in relief. “That’s what you are worried about? Harry, I love you. I plan on spending my whole life with you and raising our children. Is this a little sooner than we planned? Yes, but we knew that was possible. I…I’m sorry I didn’t talk to you first. I just…when she asked me if I needed a new vial, I just knew it wasn’t right for us to continue on the potion.”

“Let’s go home, love,” Harry whispered as he kissed her hand.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

As the foyer of Grimmauld Place spun into being around them, Ginny felt herself getting pulled against her husband. Harry ran his hand through her hair and kissed her passionately. Ginny felt herself melting against him as he swung her up into his arms and carried her up to their bedroom.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Hermione and Charlie arrived back at Grimmauld Place after enjoying dinner with Remus, Tonks, Bill, and Fleur. Charlie made a face when he saw Ginny’s shoes in the hall and her shirt halfway up the stairs.

Hermione laughed. “Charlie, you look so horrified.”

Charlie shook his head. “I know my sister is married, but I really don’t need evidence that she and her husband are upstairs shagging. Probably as we speak. I guess I should be thankful he is good at Silencing Charms.”

Pausing at the head of the stairs, Hermione looked back at Charlie. “I’m going to head down for drink. Would you like
to join me?”

Charlie stood looking at her for a minute, reviewing in his mind all the reasons this was a bad idea. He opened his mouth to tell her he was just going to go to bed and heard himself saying, “Sure, that would be great.”

A few minutes later, he found himself sitting at the old butcher block table in the kitchen with a glass of Firewhiskey and a plate of chocolate biscuits. Hermione sat across from him with a Butterbeer.

“So you’ll be going back to Hogwarts,” Hermione said.

“I know,” Charlie breathed. “I can’t believe it. I’ve never seen myself as a teacher before.”

He studied her face for a moment. “I’m sorry you can’t come back this year.”

To her horror, Hermione felt tears start down her face. “I’m so angry. I have worked so hard to excel at school and now it’s all being taken away from me. And why? Because I’m Muggleborn? That’s ridiculous.”

Charlie conjured a handkerchief and handed it to her as she continued, “Professor McGonagall told me I was supposed to be Head Girl. I’ve wanted to be Head Girl my whole Hogwarts career. I didn’t get a chance to talk to Harry or Ron. I don’t know what they will be doing.”

“Professor McGonagall told Bill she didn’t think Harry would be welcome at Hogwarts this year,” Charlie told her. “I don’t know where that leaves Ginny. I know that she was planning to join Harry at Hogwarts this year, but if Harry’s not at Hogwarts, I don’t know what she’ll do.”

“Harry doesn’t intend for this to go on for much longer,” Hermione said. “He has such an amazing vision of the future and he is so in love with Ginny. He really wants to get on with his life.”

Charlie sat forward a bit. “Can he end this?”

Hermione traced a pattern on the table with her finger as she considered how to answer. “Harry is one of the most powerful wizards I have ever seen. He can do things that others think are impossible. If anyone can defeat
Voldemort, Harry can.”

“What about Ron?” Charlie asked softly, finally acknowledging the topic they had been avoiding.

Hermione kept her eyes on the table, but her finger stilled on the table. She sighed. “I don’t know. He’s been one of my best friends for almost seven years. I had such a crush on him for such a long time.”

“Had?” Charlie asked when Hermione didn’t continue.

“Last year, I thought maybe Ron and I would get together. I thought we were going to a Christmas party together, but he got in a fight with Ginny. He had heard that she had broken up with Luc and sent her probably not a very nice letter about going through boyfriends a little too fast. She got so angry at him and she mentioned that I had kissed Viktor Krum. Ron… he has always been so jealous of Viktor. He decided that if I could kiss Viktor two years earlier, he could do whatever he wanted. He started dating Lavender Brown.”

Hermione took a deep breath. This was the first time she had ever told this story completely. “It was horrible. They were snogging in the common room every night. I was so brokenhearted. Suddenly Harry is dating this girl Susan, who he had never shown any interest in and Ron is snogging Lavender. I felt so alone. Susan started complaining to Harry that he spent more time with me than her. Harry… he just broke up with her. He told me that I was more like a sister to him than a friend and anyone that made him choose would always lose. That was a huge eye opener for me. Harry, who had no romantic interest in me, was willing to break up with his girlfriend for me while Ron was shoving his girlfriend in my face.”

Hermione risked looking up at Charlie for the first time since the conversation began. “I think that is when my feelings began to change. I realized that Ron and I are too different. He is funny and a good friend, but that is all.”

“Does he realize that?” Charlie asked.

“Yes,” Hermione nodded. “We talked after Harry disappeared. He was angry at first, but he’s accepted it.”

Charlie reached across the table and squeezed her hand. “I hope he has. I’ll be honest with you, Hermione. I like you. I haven’t said anything because I didn’t know where you stood with Ron.”

“I like you, too.” Hermione said softly.

Charlie smiled. “Good. I’d really like to get to know you better.”

He stood. “I better go to bed. I’ll see you in the morning.”

Charlie leaned over and brushed a soft kiss across her lips before he turned and headed up the stairs.

Reviews 410
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear