Search:

SIYE Time:15:06 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Remember
By potterfan2008

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 410
Summary: The summer after the Chamber of Secrets was hard on everyone. How come no one can remember what happened? Prior to starting his seventh year at Hogwarts, Harry realizes he is missing some memories from his second year. Together with Remus Lupin, Harry sets out to discover what happened. He hopes to find out about that pretty red head he has been dreaming about as well.
Hitcount: Story Total: 353181; Chapter Total: 10077
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Hermione smiled as she headed into the library. It was later in the morning than she had planned to get started, but she had been out late the night before. Charlie had taken her to an Italian restaurant Harry had recommended.

As she settled down at the table, a noise at the door caused her to look up. Smiling, Hermione greeted the younger witch, “Good morning, Ginny.”

Ginny smiled knowingly as she joined Hermione at the table. “So, how did it go?”

Laughing, Hermione said, “It was fun.”

“It was fun? Hermione, come on details.”

Giving in, Hermione replied, “He took me to a nice restaurant. It was…he was such a gentleman. We talked. He is so easy to talk to. He told me about the Dragon Reserve and his plans for next year. We went for a walk afterward. We just walked and held hands and it was…”

“Magical?” Ginny suggested with a giggle.

Hermione rolled her eyes, but agreed with a laugh. “Magical sounds like a good description. It was perfect. When we got back, he kissed me and said goodnight.”

Ginny sighed. “That sounds nice. I’m glad that you two are having such a good time together.”

“What about you and Harry? What did you do last night?” Hermione asked.

“Merlin, it was amazing. We went to the movies. After hearing the two of you talking about movies the other day, I wanted to go, so Harry took me to go see ‘Men in Black.’ It was really amazing . We had popcorn and sodas…and fooled around a little in the theatre,” Ginny finished with a cheeky grin.

“Ginny!” Hermione sounded scandalized. “You didn’t…you know, at the theatre, did you?”

Ginny was laughing so hard that she almost fell off her chair. She finally managed to choke out, “Hermione, you should see your face.”

Hermione felt flustered as she watched her friend. “Ginny.”

Ginny took a deep breath. “No, Hermione we didn’t have sex in the theatre. We just kissed a bit.”

Her eyes lit up. “But we went to Kensington Gardens after and… I couldn’t keep my hands off of him.” A worried look crossed her face. “Is that bad?”

“That you had sex in a public garden?” Hermione asked. She started to scold Ginny, but seeing the look on Ginny’s face, she didn’t have the heart. “Weren’t you going to talk to Fleur about that?”

Ginny blushed and nodded her head. “Yeah, I just haven’t gotten around to it yet. Harry wanted to celebrate destroying the locket last night and then we decided to go out to the movies and … It’s not just the sex. I mean…I love him so much. It’s just that when he holds me in his arms…I could stay in his arms forever. It just feels like…I don’t know… that I’m where I belong. And he’s so good looking; his eyes are so…he has such an incredible body…” Ginny lay her head down on the table. “I need to go see her, don’t I?”

“I think so,” Hermione replied frankly. “What does Harry think?”

Lifting her head, Ginny replied, “He’s a seventeen year old boy. He’s not complaining.”

Hermione blushed as she thought about the implications of what Ginny was saying.

“I’m sorry, Hermione. I keep making you uncomfortable.” Ginny said. She put her hand on Hermione’s arm.

“No, I’m sorry Ginny. I…I just don’t know what to tell you.” Hermione fiddled with her quill for a moment before she asked, “Did you ever…you know fool around with anyone else?”

“No. I mean…Luc wanted to, but… it just never felt right,” Ginny said. “I don’t just mean…I don’t know if it was my bond with Harry, but even kissing Luc just didn’t seem right. I thought I…I didn’t.”

Ginny took a deep breath and gathered her thoughts. “Luc always told me I was … frigid. He said that no one would want to be with me. Until Harry, I never really wanted to have sex. The first time he kissed me, I knew something was different.”

Hermione hugged her friend. “Luc was… he was an idiot. You and Harry are perfect together. Just go talk to Fleur.”

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Charlie popped his head into the library. As he had hoped, Hermione was already hard at work on her translation. Ginny was on the couch reading her Transfiguration book. Charlie smiled as he walked over to Hermione. He had enjoyed their date. The wizard found Hermione very easy to talk to and very bright.

“Good morning,” he said softly as he approached the table.

He sat down at the table and smiled at her as she looked up.

“Good morning.”

“How is your translation going so far?” he asked.

“I think I’m almost done. I want Remus to double check my work, but I think it’s a letter from Slytherin to his heir,” Hermione replied. She leaned back in her chair. “What are you doing today?”

“I’m heading out to Hogwarts. I need to talk to Professor McGonagall and fill out some paperwork. I also want to talk to Hagrid before he leaves,” Charlie answered.

A worried look crossed Hermione’s face. “What will Hagrid do?”

“I don’t know for sure. I heard something about a trip to France, but I don’t know anything for certain,” Charlie said.
To his surprise, both Ginny and Hermione started giggling. Hermione calmed down enough to explain to Charlie about Hagrid and Madame Maxime.

“So are they still seeing each other?” Charlie asked.

“I don’t know anything for certain, but I’ve seen Hagrid at Beauxbatons,” Ginny replied.

Charlie shook his head. “I don’t really want to think about that.”

Joining the other two at the table, Ginny turned to her brother. “Can I come to Hogwarts with you? I want to talk to Fleur and I know Harry would feel better if I didn’t go by myself.”

“Sure you can come with me, Dragonfly.”

Making a face at the old nickname, Ginny kissed her brother on the cheek. “Thanks, I’ll go tell Harry.”

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH

Ginny found her husband and Remus in the study. Harry had set up a large whiteboard and had written on the board.
Horcruxes

Diary — destroyed — given to Lucius Malfoy

Gaunt’s ring — destroyed — Gaunt’s house

Hufflepuff’s cup — destroyed - ?

Slytherin’s locket — destroyed — Black House

Ravenclaw ??

Nagini ??


“Hi, love,” Ginny said from the doorway.

Harry turned and smiled when he saw his wife. “Hey, beautiful.”

Smiling, Remus watched the young couple. “Hi Ginny.”

“Hi, Remus. What are you two doing?” Ginny asked as she came into the room.

She came to a stop in front of the board. Harry walked up behind her and slid his arms around her waist. “I just wanted to summarize what we know about the Horcruxes. Remus and I are going to review the memories that Dumbledore left us to see if we can get any clues about the last Horcrux. We don’t know what it is or where it is.”

Relaxing back into Harry’s arms, Ginny looked at the board. “So you don’t know where Professor Dumbledore found Hufflepuff’s cup?”

Harry shook his head. “No. He never told me. He just told me that he had destroyed it. What are you doing today? Do you want to join us?”

Smiling at the way Harry naturally included her, Ginny shook her head. “No thanks, love. I’m heading over to Hogwarts with Charlie.”

After kissing Harry, Ginny said goodbye to Remus and headed down to the kitchen to meet Charlie.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Charlie side-along Apparated Ginny to the gates of Hogwarts. Ginny stumbled when they landed, her magic screaming as she reached out for Harry. Charlie started to make a comment about Ginny’s landing when he saw her face. She was white and shaking.

“Ginny, are you okay? What’s wrong?”

Ginny felt as if she was trying to breathe underwater, her breath coming in short pants. She felt her stomach roll and start to revolt. She could hear her brother talking to her, but couldn’t summon the energy to answer him.

Taking a big gulp of air, Ginny could finally feel Harry’s magic. It felt so far away. Concentrating on the thread of Harry’s magic, Ginny started feeling closer to normal. She looked up at her brother. He was standing over her, concern all over his face. When had she ended up on the ground? She wasn’t sure how it happened, but Ginny was sitting on the ground next to the gates.

Reaching up for Charlie’s hand, Ginny pulled herself off the ground. “I’m okay. I just…when I got here, I couldn’t feel Harry all of a sudden and I kind of panicked.”

“Can you feel him now?” Charlie asked, keeping one hand on her back.

“Yes, but he’s so far away,” Ginny explained.

“Well, he is in London and you are in Scotland. Have you been this far away from him since you’ve been married?” Charlie asked.

“Not voluntarily,” Ginny responded. “The only time we’ve been apart is when he was captured.”

“Do you want to go back?”

“No. I’m good. I want to see Fleur,” Ginny said.

Charlie was glad to see her color returning. “I already sent my Patronus to let Professor McGonagall know we are here. She felt it was safer to limit the use of the Floo between here and your house. That is why we Apparated to the gates.”

Ginny nodded as she saw Bill headed towards the gate.

He opened the gates with a wave of his wand and greeted his siblings. Bill could tell something had happened, but Charlie shook his head slightly, indicating that he would tell Bill later.

“Professor McGonagall was a little busy, so I offered to come and get you,” Bill explained.

Together the siblings walked up to the castle. Charlie was sharing with his siblings his plans for Care of Magical Creatures for the next year.

“So, will you teach me about Unicorns?” Ginny teased her brother, referring to their discussion at the Serpent’s Tower.

Laughing, Charlie agreed, “I would be happy to teach you about Unicorns.”

As they reached the front entrance, Ginny turned to her brothers. “I’m headed to see Fleur. Come get me when you’re done?”

Charlie nodded as he and Bill continued on to the Great Hall where they were meeting Professors McGonagall and Flitwick and Ginny hurried on to Bill and Fleur’s quarters.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Remus pulled out Dumbledore’s Pensieve onto the desk. “What do you want to look at first?”

As Harry looked over the vials of neatly labeled memories, he felt a sudden pull. Feeling lightheaded, he sat down hard at the desk. With shaking hands, Harry ran his hair through his hair.

“Cub, are you okay?” Remus asked concern evident in his voice.

“Gin. She…she’s so far away,” Harry said with a shaking voice. “When she left…I felt a huge loss in…I don’t know in my magic.”

“What do you mean?” Remus asked, even more alarmed by Harry’s answer.

“Not like I don’t have any magic…just a part of me disappeared. It took me a minute to find her. Normally I can feel her magic all around me. When we bonded, I could see our magic intertwined, like a multi-colored cloud wrapping around us. Ginny’s magic is so beautiful, vibrant and sparkling. Right now all I can feel is a thin thread of her magic.”

Remus was relieved to see the color coming back into Harry’s face. “Will you be okay?”

Harry looked up into the concerned face of his godfather. “I’ll be okay, Moony.”

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Bill and Charlie entered the Great Hall to see Professors Flitwick and McGonagall talking to an attractive dark haired witch in her mid twenties.

As the brothers entered, the younger witch turned and smiled at them.

“Nadia? Nadia Madison?” Bill exclaimed as they neared the head table.

“Bill?”

Charlie watched as the pretty young witch stood and hugged his brother. He shook his head. Bill somehow knew all of the pretty witches.

“Charlie,” Bill said, “I’d like you to meet Nadia Madison. She was a Ravenclaw prefect when I was Head Boy. She was a year behind me. Nadia, this is my brother, Charlie.”

Nadia shook Charlie’s hand. “You were a Quidditch player, weren’t you?”

Laughing, Charlie nodded, “Yeah. Bill was the one with the good grades. I played Quidditch.”

“Professor Flitwick tells me that you will be the Care of the Magical Creatures Professor,” Nadia said as they joined Filius at the table.

“That is the plan.” Charlie laughed. “Me teaching Care of Magical Creatures and Bill teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts.”

Filius beamed at them. “It is always nice to get young Professors. This will be the first time in a long time we’ve had three Professors under the age of thirty.”

Handing Charlie a sheaf of parchment, Filius said, “This should get you started.”

Bill laughed as Charlie grumbled good-naturedly. “I had to do it too, little brother.”

“I just finished,” Nadia said. “It’s not that bad.”

“So will you be teaching Charms?” Bill asked.

“Yes. I was rather glad to get Professor Flitwick’s owl. I’ve been working in the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad since I graduated from Hogwarts, but recently the Ministry has changed. I have several friends who are scared after the Minister’s announcement the other day. They have been going from Department to Department firing all of the Muggle-borns outright. They haven’t started on the ‘half-bloods’ yet, but I think that is only because they are afraid they wouldn’t have enough people to run the Ministry.” Nadia looked troubled as she finished her explanation.

“My brother, Percy, said basically the same thing,” Bill said. “I can’t believe that the Wizarding world has come to this. What difference does blood make?”

“My mother was almost killed by Death Eaters during the first war for her friendship with a Muggle family that lived near us,” Nadia said. “She always taught us that blood wasn’t important.”

“The Weasleys are some of the biggest blood traitors around,” Bill told her proudly. “My dad is fascinated by Muggles.”
Nadia nodded approvingly. “So what have you been doing since you left Hogwarts?”

As Charlie completed his paperwork, Bill told Nadia about his career since he left school.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Fleur greeted her young sister-in-law with a smile and a hug. “Ginny. I’m so glad you came to visit.”

As the two settled at the table in the small kitchenette, Fleur Summoned a tea set and poured tea for her guest.
They chatted amiably for a few moments before Fleur said, “What is bothering you, Ginny?”

Blushing, Ginny told Fleur about the past few days. Fleur listened intently and then asked, “So when you say all the time, you mean…what exactly?”

Ginny was starting to fear her face would stay this shade of flaming red. “Well I would say that over the past couple days, we’ve…made love at least seven or eight times a day.”

Fleur arched her eyebrow as she looked at her young sister-in-law. “Really?”

“Well, it’s not just the…sex. It’s the feeling of closeness and wanting to be with him all the time. Since we got married, we’ve had a great…love life, but since the other night, it has just gotten out of control. Is this normal for newlyweds?” Ginny asked hopefully.

“That does seem…a bit excessive. I think maybe this is the result of your bond. Is there any way you could find out more about the soul bond?”

Ginny sighed. “Remus and Tonks both said there was very little information about soul bonds. I don’t even know where to start looking.”

Laughing, Fleur pointed out, “There is a huge library here. Maybe there is some information about soul bonds.”

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Harry sorted through the memories that had been left to him by Dumbledore. There were more than he originally thought. Smiling, he separated out the personal memories Dumbledore had left him. In addition to his parents’ wedding, he had memories from a head meeting with his parents and Dumbledore, a Quidditch game in his father’s seventh year, and Harry’s first Christmas.

“May I watch these with you?” Remus asked quietly. “I’d like to add a few memories of my own if I may.”

“That would be brilliant, Remus. You, Ginny and I can watch them together,” Harry replied.

Running his hands over the vials, Harry pointed out the memories of Riddle that Dumbledore had shared with him. “I thought we could watch them together so we are both starting at the same place.”

Together Remus and Harry watched Bob Ogden’s memory of his confrontation with Gaunts, Dumbledore’s first meeting with the young Tom Riddle as well as his recollections of Tom Riddle as a student at Hogwarts, the memories of Riddle viewing Hepzibah’s treasures, and Dumbledore’s memories of the adult Voldemort asking for a job.

It took several hours to go through the memories. Remus noted that Harry seemed to become more agitated as they watched each memory.

“Cub, are you okay?” Remus asked. “Is it too much to watch these again?”

“No, it’s not that. I…it’s just that Ginny is so far away. It’s just making me a little crazy. Don’t worry about it,” Harry responded with a wry smile.

Sensing Harry didn’t want to discuss the matter, Remus returned to their discussion. “So Dumbledore was tracing Riddle’s movements from the time he started at Hogwarts. He felt that items belonging to the founders held particular interest for Riddle.”

Harry nodded. “Riddle seems to have been fascinated by the founders. He found out that he was the heir of Slytherin sometime before he turned sixteen. That’s when he made the diary into a Horcrux.”

“Albus seemed fairly certain that the sword is the only relic of Gryffindor left. So it must be a relic of Ravenclaw that he used,” Remus said.

“That’s what I think, but I can’t find any mention of a missing relic of Ravenclaw’s. I’ve been reading up on her, but I can’t find anything. I want to talk to Professor Flitwick before he leaves. He’s been head of Ravenclaw for many years. He might know of something,” Harry replied.

“That makes sense,” Remus said. “Do you want to look at more memories right now or do you need a break?”

Glancing at his watch, Harry realized, with some surprise, it was much later than he had thought. “Why don’t we get something to eat?”

Pushing one of the vials closer to Remus, he said, “You and Bill might want to take a look at this one. I don’t.”

With that, Harry turned abruptly and left the room. Surprised, Remus looked down at the vial. It was labeled: Chamber of Secrets — Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley.

Remus caught up with Harry in the kitchen. “Cub, why don’t we go to Hogwarts for lunch? That way you will be able to see your wife and talk to Filius.”

Harry reached out and touched Remus on the arm. “Thanks, Remus. For…doing this with me…and for everything.”

Reaching out, he gave his godson a one armed hug. “That’s what I’m here for.”

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHPHPHP

By mid afternoon, Fleur and Ginny were firmly ensconced in the library. Ginny was amused to notice that Fleur could be as organized as Hermione when she put her mind to it. Fleur had drawn up a list of likely sections in which to look for books on soul bonds. So far, they had not had much luck.

Ginny closed the heavy tome of marriage that she’d been looking through. “Fleur, where to next?”

Looking up from the book she was perusing, Fleur pointed to a section of books on marriage and family. As Ginny walked through the stacks, she found a slim golden volume that looked quite old. When she pulled it from the shelves, Ginny could feel a spark of warmth from the volume as though she was meant to find the book.

The golden book was quite old and the dragon hide cover looked as though it had been hand sewn. The title of the book was simply Soul Bonds. Ginny took her find back to the table.

Fleur looked up at Ginny’s approach. Seeing the book in Ginny’s hand, she made a face. “Why did you pick up that book? Do you really want to know about Goblin mating rites?”

Ginny glanced down at the volume in her hand. “What are you talking about? It is a book on soul bonds.”

Taking a closer look, Fleur laughed. “I think it may have some type of Confundus or Repelling Charm so that those who are not soul bonded will not pick up the book.”

Realization dawned on Ginny. “Maybe that is why Remus and Tonks had such a hard time finding books on soul bonds.”

Sitting at the table, Ginny gingerly opened the ancient book. She laughed when she saw the last time it had been checked out of the library was 1796. The author’s name had faded so all Ginny could make out was Aracelli. She settled in to read the book.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHPHPHP

Harry and Remus Apparated to the gates of Hogwarts. As they arrived, Harry stumbled slightly. Remus grabbed his arm and was gratified to see a smile on Harry’s face.

“It’s all back, Remus,” Harry said, relief evident in his voice. “I can feel Ginny again.”

Remus started to send a Patronus asking someone to let them in when Harry put his hand on the gate. A warm red glow enveloped his hand and Harry closed his eyes in concentration. After a moment, Harry smiled and the gate opened with a slight pop.

“How did you do that?” Remus asked in astonishment.

“I don’t know. I just asked the gate to let us in. It felt kind of like the sorting hat in that it read my intentions and let me in,” Harry replied with a shrug.

“Come on, old man. Let’s go.” Harry took off towards the castle, leaving his stunned godfather behind.

Never one to back down from a challenge, Remus shook off his stupor and tore off after his godson. Remus almost caught up with him as they reached the castle and the two of them burst in the castle, laughing.

The group in the Great Hall turned toward the noise made by Remus and Harry. They reached the door in time to see Remus tackle his godson. Harry was laughing so hard by that point that he couldn’t even say anything.

Bill and Charlie smothered a laugh as they watched their brother-in-law tussle with his godfather. It wasn’t often they actually saw him acting his age. Professor McGonagall pulled herself up to her full height.

“Can I help you, gentlemen?” she asked frostily.

Harry, who had, by this time, pinned Remus against the stone floor, replied, “No, I think I’ve got this. Remus might need some help though.”

With that, Bill and Charlie burst out laughing. Bill reached out and pulled Harry to his feet and Charlie did the same for Remus. Professor McGonagall shook her head, but Harry caught sight of a slight smile on her face before she turned away.

“Professor, you’ll never guess what happened,” Harry said excitedly.

She turned back to face him. “So tell me.”

“The gate was locked when we got here, so I put my hand on the gate and asked it to open — and it did!” Harry exclaimed.

Minerva’s eyes widened. “What?”

She looked to Remus for confirmation.

“He just touched the gate and there was a red glow around his hands. The gate just popped open for him.”

“I’ve never heard of such a thing. I will have a word with the other headmasters to see if they know how that is possible,” Minerva responded.

Remus caught sight of Nadia. Bill noticed what had grabbed his attention and introduced them. “Nadia, this is Remus Lupin and my brother-in-law, Harry. This is Nadia Madison. She will be the Charms teacher this year. She was a year behind me at school.”

Nadia shook Remus’s hand and when she reached out for Harry’s hand, she suddenly recognized him. Her eyes flicked up to his scar that was currently quite visible, thanks to his tussle with Remus.

“Harry Potter,” Nadia whispered.

Harry nodded uncomfortably. Nadia laughed. “I’m sorry I don’t mean to make you feel uncomfortable. I helped with your Aunt a few years ago.”

Seeing Harry’s confusion, she explained, “I’m with the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad. When you blew up your Aunt, I was assigned to help deflate her.”

Blushing, Harry laughed. “I guess I owe you a big thanks. Was she really angry?”

“She was more scared. Your Uncle was very angry. I’m glad I didn’t have to deal with him. Our squad leader was the one who had to,” Nadia replied.

“Did you just finish at Hogwarts?” Nadia asked Harry.

He shook his head. “No, I’m going into my last year this year.”

“If things go well, Mr. Potter will be our Head Boy this year,” Minerva put in.

“Congratulations. Wait, what do you mean if things go well?” Nadia asked.

Minerva looked around before answering, “We don’t know if those currently in power are going to want Mr. Potter around.”

Harry turned suddenly with a smile on his face. Without a word to the others, he drifted out of the Great Hall and towards the main staircase.

Bill laughed. Seeing the look of confusion on Nadia’s face, he explained, “My sister must be on her way down.”

Harry had just reached the bottom of the stairs when he saw Ginny running down the steps. She threw herself into his arms. Harry closed his arms around her and buried his face in her neck.

They stayed like that for a moment before Harry pulled back. “I really missed you. I wasn’t expecting such a…reaction to you being gone.”

Ginny leaned up and kissed him. “I know. I almost passed out when we arrived. It scared me. I couldn’t feel you at first. I think I scared Charlie.”

Smiling, Harry responded, “I know I scared Remus.”

He leaned down and kissed her thoroughly. A tinkle of laughter broke them apart. Harry looked up to see Fleur heading down the stairs.

Keeping his arms around his wife, Harry greeted Fleur. He felt a little uneasy at the assessing look Fleur was giving him. What exactly had she and Ginny been talking about?

Before he could think of anything to say, Bill called to them from the Great Hall. The three of them entered and were introduced to Nadia.

Nadia shook hands with both women. She was not surprised at how beautiful Bill’s wife was. He had been one of the best looking boys while he was at Hogwarts and had always attracted beautiful women. Even with the scars on his face, Bill was still one of the best looking men she’d ever seen. Honestly, she was a little disappointed to hear that he had a wife. Ginny Potter was a big surprise. Nadia honestly didn’t know what she expected of Harry Potter’s wife, but she didn’t expect her to be so young and so normal.

“Professor McGonagall.” Ginny approached her Head of House.

“Yes, Mrs. Potter,” Minerva turned to face the young witch.

“I was hoping to take my O.W.L.s during this coming week. Maybe after Professor Dumbledore’s funeral. I don’t really want to wait until the end of the month. I’d rather just get it over with,” Ginny explained.

A slight smile hovered around Minerva’s face. “Certainly, Mrs. Potter. I will talk to Professor Marchbanks and we will get your exams arranged.”

While the others were making conversation, Harry approached Professor Flitwick. “Sir, I was wondering if I could have a moment of your time.”

“Certainly, Harry. What can I do for you?” Filius asked as he guided Harry over to a quiet corner.

“I don’t know how much you know about what is going on, but I have been looking for different…relics from the founders. Are there any known relics from Rowena Ravenclaw?” Harry asked.

Filius gazed thoughtfully at Harry. “Does this have something to do with Voldemort?”

Nodding, Harry said, “It does, but I don’t want to say more at the moment.”

“Well, she was known for her golden quill and her diadem. The quill is said to have been an eagle feather cast in bronze that she used when she designed the changing floor plan of Hogwarts. Her diadem is engraved with the words ‘Wit beyond measure is man’s greatest treasure’ and is fabled to impart wisdom on whomever wears it. Neither relic has been seen in centuries,” Filius explained.

“The Grey Lady may have more information. She is the ghost of the house of Ravenclaw. I do not know exactly how old she is, but rumor has it she knew the founders. The Grey Lady is not the friendliest ghost in the world. She may
not talk to you, but she might,” Filius added.

“Thank you, Professor.”

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPPHHPH PHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

That evening, everyone gathered at Grimmauld Place for dinner. Bill and Fleur joined the other three couples for a relaxing supper. Harry had set up a barbeque grill out in the little courtyard outside of the kitchen. He grilled up steaks and potatoes while Ginny made a large salad.

Over dinner, conversation turned towards the memories Harry and Remus had visited that day.

“So how did the locket end up here at Grimmauld Place?” Hermione asked.

Harry shrugged. “I don’t know. It doesn’t seem like Voldemort to trust his Horcruxes to just anybody, but we know he gave his diary to Lucius Malfoy. We need to look at the memory of Dumbledore recovering the cup and find out where that was hidden. That might give us some clues where to look for the artifact from Ravenclaw. Gin and I are going to talk to the Grey Lady tomorrow.”

After dinner, Hermione showed her translation to Remus. He looked over the parchment and after a few moments, he nodded. “That looks correct, Hermione.”

“So are you going to tell us what it says?” Harry asked.

“Give me a minute,” Hermione replied.

Picking up her notes, she said, “As I suspected, it is a letter from Slytherin to his heir. I’m not going to read it word for word. He goes on about the other founders and how they are destroying his school by letting in those ‘not worthy’ to practice Magic. He mentions the surprise he left in the Chamber of Secrets, but he doesn’t say what it is. He says the last tablet is hidden within the Sarsen Stone Circle.”

“Stonehenge?” Harry breathed.

Remus nodded. “As with so many historical sites in Great Britain, there is the Muggle site and the Magical site. Stonehenge is one of the sites that really blends the two together.”

“I’ve read that the Muggle repelling spells that were originally placed on Stonehenge failed rather quickly,” Bill put in. “No one has ever been able to keep Muggles out of the site, so almost 800 years ago, they gave up trying. Now the entrance to the Magical section of the site is hidden in the Sarsen Stone Circle. It takes a full team of Wizards to monitor the site and keep the Muggles out of the Magical portion.”

“So what do you want to do?” Remus asked Harry.

“Bill, could you and Ron go and check out Stonehenge? Minister Thicknesse said something about only Purebloods being able to access historical sites. I doubt he’s been able to implement that yet, but I’d rather not take the chance. If you wouldn’t mind scouting out the area and if the tablet is there, I can come and retrieve it.”

Bill nodded. “I’ll go see Ron in the morning.” Bill hesitated for a moment before continuing. “Remus offered to show me that memory earlier. I was thinking that I’m not the only one that needs to see that. With your permission, I’d like my whole family to see what happened in that Chamber. It has shaped and shadowed our lives for so long, yet none of us know what really happened. Can I show my parents and brothers?”

Glancing down at Ginny who had gone rigid at the mention of the Chamber, Harry said softly, “It’s up to you, love. What do you think?”

Tears welling up in her eyes, Ginny looked at her oldest brother. “It’s pretty awful. I…I don’t want you to…Tom said that you would all hate me if you knew the truth of what happened.”

With one stride, Bill was across the room. “Ginny. We all love you and nothing that we see will change that. Didn’t you say that you and Harry looked at your memories together?”

Ginny nodded and Bill continued. “Doesn’t he still love you just as much now as he did before?”

Placing a kiss on top of her head, Harry answered, “Yes, I do.”

Ginny studied her brother’s face carefully for a moment before she answered, “Okay. But can you watch it over at Aunt Muriel’s? I don’t want to be around when you watch that memory.”

Pulling his sister into a hug, Bill nodded. “Yes, we can take it over in the morning.”

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPH PHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

The chill of the stone in the chamber was shockingly cold against her hand. Looking around in surprise, Ginny tried to remember how she’d gotten here. The flickering torches seemed to cast more shadows than provide light. Taking a few halting steps into the center of the chamber, she turned towards a noise she heard from the shadows. What type of creatures might be down here? Where was here? Ginny felt a sense of relief when she saw her friend, Tom step out of the shadows.

Ginny sat in the shadows and watched her foolish eleven year old self try to argue with Tom Riddle. A hand on her shoulder made her jump. She didn’t want to turn to see the disappointment in his eyes.

“Ginny. Ginny love.” Harry ran his hand down her arm. “Baby, look at me.”

Responding to the pleading in his voice, Ginny turned to look at her husband. She could hardly see him through the
tears in her eyes. Harry reached out and pulled her into his arms. “Baby, it will be okay.”

“What if they hate me?” Ginny whispered. “I know for some reason you don’t, but…my mum and dad… My mum already thinks I’m…foolish. What will happen when she sees how incredibly idiotic I really was? I trusted him…I poured my heart out to him…in some ways I kind of…had a crush on him. How could I do that?”

Harry tightened his arms around her. “You were a scared and lonely little girl who was taken advantage of by a charming and evil older wizard. Love, you have nothing to worry about. Your parents love you. They won’t hate you. Did Bill and the twins hate you?”

Ginny shook her head slightly and Harry continued, “No, they didn’t. It wasn’t your fault.”

Harry winced as the Harry in her nightmare told Ginny she wasn’t worth saving and left her to the Basilisk. Turning her away from the dream, Harry said, “Ginny, I love you. I will never regret going into the Chamber and I will battle as many Basilisks and evil wizards as it takes to keep you safe.”

Ginny collapsed into his arms. Slowly the chamber dissolved around them and Ginny woke in her own bed. She cuddled closer to her husband as he woke as well. “Gin, if you don’t want them to see the memory, they won’t. I don’t want you upset by this.”

Taking a deep breath as she wrapped her arms around his chest, she answered, “No. I need them to see what happened. I…I just get scared every once in a while.”

“Scared?” Harry asked softly as he ran his hands through her hair.

Ginny looked up into his brilliant green eyes. “I’m just scared of what my parents will think of me. They don’t know…they just know the basics of what happened. Seeing me…”

“Baby, you have to remember that Dumbledore had that memory because of the diary. I think it’s only from when I entered the Chamber.” Harry gazed down at his troubled wife. “Do you want me to look at it first?”

Ginny buried her face in his chest as she considered his question. She looked back up at him. “No. I just hate thinking about it. Let them see what happened.”

“Okay, love. Whatever you want to do,” Harry said as he pulled her close.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

It was late morning before Harry side-along Apparated Ginny to the gates of Hogwarts. Turning to his wife with a smile, he said, “Let’s see if yesterday was a fluke.”

Harry reached out and touched the gate, communicating his desire to enter the grounds. Ginny gasped as a slight red glow enveloped his hands before the gates opened.

Harry laughed at the look on Ginny’s face. “Is that cool?”

“Does the gate talk to you?” she asked.

Reaching for her hand, he considered the question. “Yes, kind of like the sorting hat. It just sort of…asks your intentions. I don’t know why it works for me, but it’s kind of cool.”

She laughed at the enthusiasm in his voice. “It is cool.”

As they entered the castle, the young couple started looking for a ghost. “I don’t really remember what the Grey Lady looks like,” Ginny commented.

“She’s very quiet, so it is easy to overlook her.” Harry commented. “She’s tall with long dark hair… She’s young, but she’s old if you know what I mean.”

“No,” Ginny said with amusement as she looked at her husband.

Raking his hand through his hair, he considered how to describe the ghost. “I mean that she wasn’t old when she died, but she died a long time ago. I mean judging from her clothes, it seems that she lived a long time ago.”

“Mr. Potter!”

Harry turned to see Professor McGonagall approaching. “Yes, ma’am?”

“I presume you asked the gate to let you in again?” the older witch asked.

Eyes sparkling, he said, “Yes. I just asked it and it opened up for me.”

Rolling her eyes at her husband, Ginny asked, “Do you know why the gate lets him in, Professor?”

“Yes, I spoke to some of the former Headmasters and Headmistresses yesterday. Apparently, the school will, from time to time, appoint someone as a protector of the school. The protector is able to enter the school as long as their intentions are pure and within the school’s best interests,” she responded.

“Really? So what is a protector of the school?” Harry asked.

“A protector of the school is a witch or wizard who has shown great devotion to the school and its students. It is an honor in response to help given to the school and/or the Headmaster.” Professor McGonagall peered over her
glasses at Harry. “I don’t know if I should tell you this, but you will be able to enter the common rooms and offices without a password. All you need to do is place your hand on the door or portrait and communicate your need.”

“Cool!” Harry exclaimed before he caught sight of Professor McGonagall’s face. “Oh, come on, Professor, you have to admit that is cool.”

Shaking her head, Professor McGonagall gave Harry a rare smile. “It is quite an honor.”

“Thanks, Professor,” Harry said.

“You are welcome. Now, I believe you are here to talk to the Grey Lady, is that correct?”

“Yes, do you know where we can find her?” Harry asked.

“No, but I’ve seen her near Professor Flitwick’s classroom,” she responded.

“Thanks, Professor!” Harry said as he and Ginny headed off in search of the Grey Lady.

Catching sight of the pearly white glow that indicated a ghost, Harry led Ginny down the corridor that lead to the Charms classroom.

“Pardon me,” Harry called down the hall. The ghost stopped moving and as the young couple drew near, Harry recognized the Hufflepuff ghost, the Fat Friar.

The portly ghost greeted them as they drew near. “Mr. Potter and …”

Harry smiled proudly as he looked at Ginny. “This is my wife, Ginny.”

“Oh, I recognize you now. Welcome back to Hogwarts,” the Friar said genially.

Ginny smiled. “Thank you. We wanted to talk to the Grey Lady. Do you know where we might find her?”

“I believe I saw her up in the owlery,” the Friar responded. “She has always been fond of owls.”

The owlery was devoid of ghosts, but Ginny caught sight of the elusive Grey Lady near the Transfiguration classroom.

This time it was Ginny that called out to the ghost to halt her progress. She stayed hovering near the wall, waiting for Harry and Ginny to catch up to her.

“You are the Grey Lady, the Ravenclaw ghost, right?” Harry asked.

The ghost nodded slightly.

“I am Harry Potter and this is my wife Ginny.” Harry felt introducing them would be a good way to start, but the silent ghost just looked at him.

Feeling a little wrong footed, Harry looked to Ginny for guidance. Responding to his unspoken plea, Ginny said, “We wanted to ask you about Rowena Ravenclaw.”

“If you are here to ask about the diadem, don’t bother. I can’t help you,” the ghost finally spoke in a firm, but quiet tone.

“We are not looking for the diadem for our own gain,” Harry said. “We think that Voldemort may have used it for his own purposes. You do know who Voldemort is, don’t you?”

Harry was starting to get exasperated with the ghost when she addressed Ginny. “I saw you a few weeks ago. You had a fight with your mother.”

Surprised, Ginny said, “Yes. She sometimes forgets that I am not a little girl anymore.”

The Grey Lady nodded. “My mother and I fought at times as well.”

She eyed Ginny for a moment before continuing, “I took her diadem. I was…I don’t know angry… jealous. I took the diadem and fled the country.”

“You are Rowena Ravenclaw’s daughter?” Harry asked, astonished.

“My name is Helena Ravenclaw. My mother and I…we fought and I took the diadem. When she became ill, she asked my former fiancé to find me and bring me back. He found me and we argued.” Helena lifted her cloak to show a
bloody gash in her abdomen. “He was overcome with remorse and killed himself with the same knife he used to kill
me.”

Putting the pieces together, Harry whispered, “The Bloody Baron.”

Helena nodded. Eyeing her shrewdly, Harry said, “We aren’t the first people you’ve told this story to, are we?”

Looking only at Ginny now, the ghost said in an almost pleading voice, “He was so charming. He said he knew how it felt. He was so polite and…you know what I mean, I know you do.”

“Tom Riddle,” Ginny said, understanding flooding her face. “He’s the one you told, isn’t he?”

Looking quite ashamed, Helena said, “Yes. I told him about the diadem and where I had hidden it.”

“Where?” Ginny asked.

“In Albania, I was staying in the Citadel of Rozafat near the town of Shkodra.” The Grey Lady started floating away. “I hope this helps. I am sorry.”

After watching the ghost float away, Ginny turned to her husband. “So do you think Tom found the diadem and turned it into a Horcrux?”

Harry nodded. “He must have found out that she was Ravenclaw’s daughter and charmed her to find an artifact to use.”

“So the question is, did he leave it there or bring it back here?” Ginny said thoughtfully.

Turning to walk back to the entrance, Harry said, “Either way, I think it is worth a trip to Albania.”

Reviews 410
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear