Search:

SIYE Time:12:56 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Remember
By potterfan2008

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 410
Summary: The summer after the Chamber of Secrets was hard on everyone. How come no one can remember what happened? Prior to starting his seventh year at Hogwarts, Harry realizes he is missing some memories from his second year. Together with Remus Lupin, Harry sets out to discover what happened. He hopes to find out about that pretty red head he has been dreaming about as well.
Hitcount: Story Total: 353180; Chapter Total: 9698
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Sorry for the long delay in posting, real life has gotten in the way. Thanks to jennyelf for her rapid and amazing beta skills!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


“Mr. Potter.”

Harry turned to see a regal looking blond woman standing before him. Next to her were two younger girls. He could see the family resemblance and assumed them to be her daughters. He recognized the older girl as Daphne Greengrass.

“Ma’am,” Harry responded as he nodded respectfully at the three ladies.

“I am Eugenia Greengrass. I believe you know my daughters, Daphne and Astoria.”

“Mrs. Greengrass.” Harry shook her hand and exchanged hellos with his two schoolmates. He did recognize Daphne. She had short blond hair and was of average height. She was pretty in a quiet, understated way. Unfortunately for her, next to her sister, most people would not notice her. Astoria Greengrass was tall and willowy with long golden blond hair and big blue eyes. Harry remembered seeing her around school. If he recalled correctly, she was a year or two younger than him and quite popular.

“I thought that it was only appropriate to accompany my daughter to her meeting,” Mrs. Greengrass said. “After the stories in the paper the past few days, I did not want my daughter’s reputation to suffer.”

Harry felt his anger flare, but bit back the sarcastic comment he wanted to make. “I assure you, Mrs. Greengrass. Your daughter is perfectly safe with me,” Harry said evenly. “I have no interest in any woman, except my wife.”

He felt her appraising gaze on him for a moment before she nodded. Gesturing towards the Great Hall, he said, “Why don’t we make ourselves more comfortable?”

The four of them entered the hall and Harry steered them towards a table in the center of the room. At this time, mid-morning, the Great Hall was deserted.

“Would you like something to drink?” he asked. He had arranged for Dobby to prepare refreshments and with a wave of his hand, he summoned a tea tray and a plate of biscuits and scones.

As the ladies helped themselves, Harry took a moment to study them. He wasn’t really sure what to expect from this meeting.

Clearing his throat, Harry looked at Astoria. “I feel like I should say something to you, but I’m not sure what to say. I never realized you were engaged to Malfoy.”

Astoria laughed. “No, you wouldn’t have known. He certainly didn’t act engaged, running around with that cow, Pansy.”

“Astoria!” her mother said sharply.

Rolling her eyes, Astoria said, “Don’t worry, Mother. I wasn’t going to say anything else. I’m sure Harry knows what she is like.”

Turning to Harry, she said, “Thank you. I know it is probably not proper to thank you for…killing my fiancée, but I am glad to be free of that obligation.” She threw a look at her mother before continuing, “My father entered into the agreement with Draco’s father when I was a child. He thought that by establishing an alliance with the Malfoys, he would gain…I don’t know favor, power, something. I was not in favor of the match, but of course I was not consulted.”

Harry looked from Astoria to her mother, trying to figure out what was most appropriate to say. “I’m glad that my…actions were able to free you from a…distasteful match.”

Astoria laughed. “That was very well done, Harry.”

Daphne cleared her throat. “We are actually here so that Harry and I can meet, Astoria. Not so you can flirt with a married man.”

Harry blushed. She was flirting with him? He really wished that Ginny was there. She was much better at reading social situations than he was. There was obviously something else going on between the three women; even he could see the looks flashing between the three of them.

“Daphne,” Mrs. Greengrass scolded. “Be nice.”

She looked over at him. “Excuse my daughters, Mr. Potter. With all of the changes lately, it has been a rather unsettling summer.”

He nodded uncertainly. Looking over at Daphne, he said, “Professor Fedorov thought it would be a good idea for us to meet before the start of the school year.”

Daphne nodded. “I’ve spoken to both Professor Fedorov and Professor Slughorn several times recently. They are both concerned that the school will become a war zone. Not only are most of the Slytherins angry with you for the deaths of Draco and Snape, but they are also in agreement with the Ministry’s new policies as well as being sympathetic to the Dark Lord’s regime. That is why I was appointed Head Girl. I am a pureblood, moderately wealthy Slytherin witch. I have more allies in my house than Pansy, so I am the logical choice to appeal to the more moderate element of Slytherins.”

Harry’s eyes narrowed at the phrase the Dark Lord, but did not interrupt her as she continued. “Slytherins are nothing, if not practical. For years, they’ve heard Draco and his crowd badmouthing you and downplaying your abilities, but the past few months have shown that is not true. You have managed to kill both Draco and Snape and rumor has it, Bellatrix Lestrange. You are responsible for Vincent’s death. There are some even among the Slytherins that think you might actually win this. They will not openly oppose you.”

After considering what Daphne had just told him, Harry chose not to comment on the rumor about Bellatrix. He felt it was better if those looking for revenge for her death focused on him, rather than Neville. Instead he asked, “Who is Vincent?”

“Crabbe, Vincent Crabbe. He was the one to discover you had escaped your… captivity,” Mrs. Greengrass explained.

“I am not responsible for Voldemort’s decision to kill his followers. They were the ones who kidnapped and tortured me,” Harry said heatedly.

“You may not be responsible, but there are those who will hold you responsible,” Mrs. Greengrass stated. “I have heard both Miss Parkinson and Mr. Goyle making threats against you. They are very angry about Draco and Vincent’s deaths. You and my daughter will have your hands full this year, trying to contain the more…volatile elements at the school.”

____________________________ ________________________________________ __
Percy stared at the Daily Prophet in distaste. He had reconciled with his parents and he even realized that all was not as it seemed at the Ministry. But he still did not approve of Harry Potter. The recent pictures of Harry and Fleur in the paper simply reinforced his disapproval.

“Percy.”

Percy turned and smiled. “Good morning, Dolores.”

Dolores Umbridge followed his gaze to the morning paper. She shook her head. “It seems that Mr. Potter doesn’t appreciate what he has with your sister. He seems a bit too interested in your sister-in-law.”

He shook his head. “Fleur has always attracted attention from men. I saw her during the Triwizard Tournament. She was quite the distraction during her year at Hogwarts, caused many young men to make a fool of themselves around her. I’m personally shocked that Bill married her. Yes, she is pretty, but honestly, rumor has it that she has Veela blood. I know my parents don’t like when people make a big deal about blood status, but we are a Pureblood family. As for Harry and Ginny, they are too young to be so involved. I don’t believe in this soul bond.”

Suppressing the urge to crow triumphantly, Dolores agreed. “I don’t believe in this either, but I checked and their marriage is legal.”

“I have also checked into it and can’t find a way to break their alleged bond,” Percy replied, anger coloring his voice. “I never liked him. He was always breaking the rules and getting away with it because Dumbledore let him. My family…well they all fell for that poor orphan routine. My brothers believed his tales of being locked in his room and being abused. My sister always had a crush on him. When she was a child, she couldn’t even be in the same room with him without embarrassing herself.”

He laughed cruelly. “I guess she got what she wanted now. Ever since he saved her life, she has been even more obsessed with him. I know my parents and brothers now think what my parents did was wrong, but I still think they did what was proper.”

“What are you talking about?” Dolores asked curiously.

Percy sighed. “My sister’s first year at Hogwarts was not a good one. She somehow managed to get her hands on…an old diary. Under the influence of this diary, she opened the Chamber of Secrets. She set a Basilisk loose on the school. Several students were petrified. Luckily, no one was killed. Potter ‘saved’ her in the Chamber of Secrets and supposedly killed the Basilisk. That summer once she was home, she kept having nightmares and asking for Potter. She was losing weight and my parents were quite concerned about her. I know my mother was not sure Ginevra would survive the summer. In the end, my parents had her Obliviated and once she was Obliviated, so was Potter. That is the reason she was sent to Beauxbatons the next year, to separate them.”

“So your parents don’t approve of your sister’s marriage?”

“No, especially my mother. She isn’t sure that being so closely aligned with Potter is in my sister’s best interest. The Dark Lord is trying to kill Potter and my mother is afraid that Ginny will get killed in the crossfire. She also thinks that Ginny is way too young to be married,” Percy replied with a tinge of satisfaction in his voice.

Dolores smiled as she thought of the trouble she could cause for Potter with that news. “It is sad what is happening in our society.” Gesturing towards her office, she said, “I’ve made some progress on some of the new werewolf legislation. I would welcome your input.”

_____________________________ ________________________________________ _
Ginny smiled and kissed Fleur on the cheek as she was let into her brother’s quarters.

“Bon jour, ma soeur. How was your last test?” Fleur asked as she guided Ginny into the small sitting room.

“Good, I think. I’ve always done well in Arithmancy, so I wasn’t too worried about that one,” Ginny said.

“Wotcher, Ginny,” Tonks greeted her.

“Tonks.” Ginny smiled at her friend.

A knock sounded at the door and moments later, Fleur was accompanying Alicia into the sitting room. After the women exchanged greetings, Alicia blushingly showed them her new wedding ring.

The others gathered around hugging and congratulating her.

“Congrats, Alicia!” Ginny exclaimed.

“Thanks.” Alicia replied blushingly. “Oliver wanted to wait until we could have a big wedding, but I just wanted to get married. His family is in Scotland and my mum and sisters are in Wales. I didn’t want to wait. I’ve been in love with Oliver for a long time and with the baby and everything, I just wanted to be married.”

After everyone settled down and tea had been served, Alicia reached down into a bag she’d brought with her. “I brought books for everyone. What to Expect When You Are Expecting — the Magical Edition. It’s a good reference for trying to figure out what is going on and what to expect.”

Everyone thanked her as they took their book. Alicia looked around at everyone. “I’ve spoken to Healer Tonks and Healer Reed at great length. What we’ve decided is that I will be coming out here to ostensibly check on Ginny and I will be able to monitor Mrs. Lupin and Mrs. Weasley as well. Because of the new Ministry restrictions, both of your pregnancies are illegal so there are some precautions we need to take.”

Fleur and Tonks exchanged a look and nodded at Alicia, who continued, “I would recommend using spells to conceal your pregnancy as long as possible. These spells will work from far away, but all someone would need to do is brush up against you and they would feel your belly.”

Looking at Ginny, Alicia said, “I know Harry is concerned about people knowing you are pregnant, but the concealing charms really wouldn’t work well for you.”

Ginny nodded her understanding.

“Have they actually followed through on their threat to terminate any illegal pregnancies yet?” Fleur asked Alicia anxiously.

“No.” Alicia shook her head. “I’ve not heard of any terminations and I know that Healer Reed prefers not to perform them. I’m sure I would have heard if any had been ordered. But I still think you two should be cautious, especially you, Mrs. Lupin. It is a well known fact that your husband is a werewolf. I know there are rumors that you are part Veela, Mrs. Weasley, but I don’t think anyone knows for certain.”

Tonks laughed. “Please Alicia, enough with the Mrs. Lupin. You are making me feel ancient. Call me Dora, please.”

“Yes,” Fleur agreed. “Please call me Fleur. We have to be around the same age. Actually, I remember you from the year I was here and we were in the same year.”

“Thanks,” Alicia replied. “I remember you from the Triwizard Tournament. I was so in awe of all of you, even Harry. He was so much younger than you three and he still won the tournament.”

“Merci,” Fleur replied. “I know I mentioned that I was part Veela when we had the wand weighing ceremony, but I think that is the only time I mentioned it that year. However, it would be a simple matter to ascertain that I am part Veela.”

“I spoke to the Headmaster,” Alicia said. “I didn’t tell him who was pregnant, but I did discuss the possibility of an increase in pregnancies due to the Ministry decree. He agreed that I should consult with Madam Pomfrey as needed. I think he knows someone is pregnant, but he doesn’t want to know who.”

“Harry and I haven’t decided when to tell him,” Ginny explained. “I want to talk to Professor McGonagall before I leave today. Obviously the Headmaster will have to find out at some point, but I think for now we want to wait to say anything.”

“That makes sense,” Alicia said. “That way you can get to know him a little better before saying anything. We have made arrangements to connect my Floo to Bill and Fleur’s quarters. For security reasons, we didn’t connect to Harry and Ginny’s, but you can still get in touch with me in case of an emergency. I will be coming out once a month for the first several months, but that can be changed as needed. Plus Madam Pomfrey is more than capable of handling any emergencies.”

“So Healer Tonks said that the three of you are in good health and should hopefully have uneventful pregnancies. Do you have any questions?” Alicia asked.

Tonks shook her head. “I talked to my mum last night, so I’m good.”

“How long will the morning sickness last?” Fleur asked. “I’ve been throwing up every day. The potion helps, but I still get sick.”

“Unfortunately, that varies with each woman. In general, morning sickness goes away in the second trimester, but sometimes it can last the whole pregnancy,” Alicia explained. “We can try a different potion. I’ll talk to Heeler Reed and bring a different set of potions later in the week.”

Ginny asked, “Can I play Quidditch?”

She blushed at the look of surprise on Alicia’s face. “I…I know that probably sounds a little selfish, but I love to play and I really wanted to play on the same team as Harry, at least for a while. I know I won’t be able to at some point, but…”

Alicia smiled as Ginny trailed off. “You will be able to play…at least at first. There are protective spells that can be used during Quidditch matches that will protect the baby. Most pregnant women don’t feel comfortable playing past their fifth month, but we can assess that when the time comes.”

After making arrangement to check in with them in the middle of October, Alicia headed back to St. Mungo’s and Tonks headed back to London.

“I’m going to talk to Professor McGonagall,” Ginny told Fleur

Ginny kissed Fleur on the cheek and headed out to find Professor McGonagall.

_________________________ ________________________________________ _____
Harry smiled at his wife as they slid into a booth at the riverside pub in London.

“Harry, this was a great idea,” Ginny said after she placed her order.

He reached across the table to take her hand. “I thought it might be nice to relax and celebrate your finishing your O.W.L.s.”

“I am so glad to be done,” she replied.

Over cups of onion soup and rolls, Ginny shared with him what had taken place in Fleur’s quarters.

“That’s good,” Harry said with some relief. “I’m glad that you will be able to see Alicia during the year. I mean Madam Pomfrey is great, but I don’t know how much experience she has with pregnant witches.”

After the waiter delivered their main course of fish and chips, Ginny looked over at Harry. “So, I was thinking. If I make the team, I could maybe play for at least the first match, maybe even the second one, depending on when the matches are scheduled. What do you think?”

Harry laughed. “If you make the team. I really don’t think you’ll have any problem. You are the best Chaser I’ve ever seen. You’ve been playing for years. I have no doubt you will make the team. I want to hold tryouts by the second week in October. What we can do is choose four Chasers. One can be your backup. They can train with the team and once you can’t play anymore, they can take over.”

Ginny smiled as she felt a bubble of happiness well up inside. She had been a bit worried that Harry wouldn’t want her to play Quidditch while she was pregnant.

Over dinner, Ginny listened as Harry described the Gryffindor Quidditch team over the past few years. She loved listening to him talk about Quidditch. While he was passionate about it, he wasn’t as fanatical as Ron or Charlie. As they were eating their pudding, talk turned once again to Ginny’s pregnancy.

“It still seems to be a bit unreal,” Ginny commented.

“What, the fact that you’re pregnant?” Harry asked.

Ginny nodded. “Alicia says that we can hear the baby’s heartbeat in a few weeks. I think that might make it seem a bit more real to me. I’ve had some morning sickness and some heartburn, but I don’t really feel badly. Poor Fleur, she’s had rather a rough time of it the past two weeks.”

“What did Professor McGonagall say?” Harry asked.

“She is very happy for us,” Ginny said with a smile, remembering the pleased smile that had flitted across the stern professor’s face. “She said that she will work with us when the baby is born so we can still finish school.”

“So what do you want to do next year?” Harry asked curiously. “Assuming that we’ve been able to end this thing and defeat Voldemort…and we are both still alive.”

Ginny frowned slightly. “I really don’t know what to do. I’ll still have one more year of school, but I can’t see trying to go to school by myself with a baby and I don’t want to leave you.”

“That’s kind of what I was thinking,” Harry said. “I have an idea, but I’m not sure if you’ll like it. Do you want to hear it?”

At Ginny’s nod, Harry explained. “I was thinking we could live in London and we could ask Remus to tutor you. Once he feels you are ready, you can take your N.E.W.T.s anytime. I could watch the baby while you finish your education and that way we would all be together. Then after you finished school, we could decide what we want to do — play Quidditch, become Aurors or curse breakers, or whatever you want to do.”

Harry watched anxiously for her reaction. Ginny stared at her husband for a minute, tears filling her eyes. “You would do that?”

Seeing her tears, Harry looked at her anxiously. “Is that okay?”

To his relief, Ginny threw her arms around him. “That would be perfect. I really haven’t had time to think past this year, but the few times I started to think about it…I don’t think I would have come up with this.”

Gathering his wife in his arms, Harry held her close for a moment. “I have something I want to show you.”

After paying for their meal, the couple headed out into London. They headed out along the river and walked for a while, before Harry pulled her into a secluded area. After checking to make sure that no one else was around, Harry gathered her into his arms and kissed her softly before he Apparated them away.

Ginny looked around in surprise. Harry had taken them to a park in Muggle London. “Where are we? This is really nice.”

Harry smiled at her. “This is Hyde Park. I thought you might like it here.”

The pair of them wandered around the park for a while seeing the Albert Memorial and Harry sharing with Ginny what he remembered about the park. He guided them out of the park and down one of the streets that, after a short walk, turned into a residential section.

“Harry, what are we doing here?” Ginny asked him suspiciously.

He smiled mysteriously at her. “While you were taking your O.W.L.s, I decided to explore our options. I asked Mark to check into some houses. I…I thought that we could look for a new house. I can’t imagine staying in Grimmauld Place with a baby. Remus and Tonks live there and it’s still mixed up with my memories of Sirius. Don’t get me wrong; thanks to you I have plenty of good memories of Grimmauld Place. The conservatory and our room are great, but I wanted to look for a place that was just ours.”

He looked over at his wife to gauge her reaction. He couldn’t tell from the expression on her face what she was thinking.

Their own house? Ginny had to admit that sounded appealing. “What about Remus and Tonks? What would you do with Grimmauld Place?”

Harry smiled in relief. She didn’t sound upset about the idea. “I want to give Grimmauld Place to them. They have put so much time and effort into cleaning the place up. Plus it has all sorts of enchantments and protections on it. They would be safe there. I was thinking we could set up a…a safe house for Muggle-borns and others that the Ministry doesn’t approve of. I asked Remus if he would be willing to tutor Hermione and some of the other upper class Muggle-born students. He was more than willing to help, but we couldn’t work out where he could tutor them. This morning it hit me. We could use Grimmauld Place.”

Ginny mulled over what Harry told her. It would be a good solution. “So where are we going now?”

“Mark told me about a house that sounded great for us. I thought we could take a look at it,” Harry explained eagerly. “It’s not far from Hyde Park and it’s an older period home.”

“A house of our very own?” Ginny smiled up at Harry as they resumed walking. “That sounds great.”

Seeing that Ginny seemed open to his idea, Harry opened up further. “I thought that the Grangers and whoever else Remus tutors could help pay him for his time. That would help them and the baby. Then next year he could tutor you…and anyone else who needs him.”

“That sounds great,” Ginny said. “My brothers told me Remus was the best Defence teacher they ever had. Well, besides you.”

Harry blushed, but looked pleased. Looking up at the street sign, he guided Ginny onto a quiet tree lined street with well kept period homes. Ginny gasped as she looked around. Harry smiled at her. He caught sight of a well dressed professional young man standing in front of one of the homes.

Approaching the man, Harry called out. “Mr. Butler?”

“You must be Mr. Potter,” The man replied as he held out his hand.

Shaking his hand, Harry said, “Please, call me Harry. This is my wife, Ginny.”

“It’s good to meet you. Please call me Ethan,” Ethan Butler replied as he surveyed the young couple in front of him. He was surprised at how young they were. They looked like they were still in school, but a quick glance at their hands confirmed they were wearing wedding bands. He gestured to the elegant town home behind him. “This is the house that I was telling your friend about. I got the paperwork from your bank approving you for the sales price of home.”

Harry nodded as the three of them headed towards the house. He glanced over at Ginny. She seemed to be a bit overwhelmed.

“So Ethan, what can you tell us about the house?” Harry asked.

“It’s a six bedroom, five bath house. It’s in excellent shape. The kitchen and bathrooms have been redone recently. There is a small private courtyard in the back and we can arrange for you to rent a parking spot nearby,” Ethan explained as they walked up to the front door. “I’ll let the two of you wander through the house. I’ll meet you back in the front hall. Downstairs are two bedrooms and a family room., Here on the ground floor is the kitchen, dining room, study and a reception room. The upper floors have two more reception rooms, another study and four more bedrooms.”

Harry nodded. He reached out for Ginny’s hand as they headed off through the house. Ginny looked at him. “Merlin, Harry, this place is amazing. What the hell is a reception room?”

As they headed downstairs, Harry laughed. “I’m not really sure. I think it’s like a sitting room. At least that’s what my aunt used to call the parlour when she wanted to impress visitors.”

The couple wandered through the house, exclaiming over the things they liked. Ginny loved the bright well lit kitchen that opened out onto the small garden outside. Harry loved the layout of the house.

“We could easily set up a gym and a potions room on the first floor and still have the smaller room as a sitting room,” Harry said enthusiastically as they reentered the kitchen.

Ginny laughed. “I loved the master bedroom and we could use the top floor as a nursery. It even has the extra room that we could make into a playroom.”

“So does that mean you like the house?” Harry asked. “Do you want to do this?”

“It’s an amazing house. I feel like we should look at other houses, but I really like this one. But Harry, it’s really big. Is it a lot of money?” Ginny looked up at him.

“It is a lot of money, but luckily we have a lot of money,” Harry replied with a smile. “I know we should probably look at a bunch of houses, but I really like this one and it’s in a great location. It’s in the middle of Muggle London, so we should be able to protect it. I asked your brother about protective wards and such and he said he’d be able to protect the house for us.”

Spinning around to look around the bright kitchen once again, Ginny nodded. “I want to buy this house.”

_____________________________ ________________________________________ _
Arthur felt the bile rise up in his throat as he read a draft of the new Umbridge-Weasley Werewolf Restriction Act. He felt almost lightheaded with the shame and anger he felt towards his son. How could his name be attached to this prejudiced and bigoted piece of drivel? How could he ever look Remus in the face again?

Glancing at his watch, he realized that if he hurried, he could catch Percy at his office. He resolutely made his way down to the second floor. Knocking on Percy’s open doorway, he entered when bidden and shut the door behind him.

“Father, what are you doing?” Percy asked as he looked up from his desk.

Arthur brandished the copy of legislation in front of him. “I came to ask you about this.”

Percy permitted himself a small smile. “My name is on a key piece of legislation.”

“That’s all you have to say? Your name is on a key piece of legislation!” Arthur said in outrage. “Percy, do you realize what a restrictive, bigoted piece of legislation you helped write?”

Percy stiffened and glared at his father. “I should have known you wouldn’t be proud of me. It is a huge
accomplishment to help write such an important bill.”

“Percy, what happened? I thought you realized that…that there were some things wrong at the Ministry.” Arthur looked at his son in confusion. “Son, don’t you see what is wrong with this bill? The restrictions that this imposes on people whose only crime is they were in the wrong place at the wrong time?”

“Father,” Percy looked at his father, confused. “Dolores needed help with the bill. It is a good bill. Werewolves pose a danger to society. This bill just enables the Ministry to regulate them more closely. I don’t blame them for becoming werewolves, but that doesn’t mean I can ignore the danger they pose to others.”

“You know Remus Lupin,” Arthur said as he dropped into the hard backed chair opposite Percy’s large and organized desk. “He is a good man. With the Wolfsbane Potion, he doesn’t pose a risk to anyone.”

“If he remembers to take it,” Percy responded with a touch of annoyance in his voice. “If he forgets just once, the results can be disastrous. All the law does is keep tabs on them.”

“Keep tabs on them? Percy, it requires them to check into a facility on the full moon and plans to throw groups of werewolves in a huge pen together without the benefit of Wolfsbane. It talks about taking children from their families. How is this a good thing?”

“I thought you would understand and appreciate the law,” Percy replied. “It protects Muggles from werewolves. Isn’t that important to you?”

Arthur looked at his son, unable to come up with a response. Percy took his father’s silence as agreement with his argument.

“We are just trying to formulate a series of laws that will make life safer for upstanding members of society,” Percy explained. “Minister Thicknesse was pleased with this bill and asked us to draft another bill putting some of his ideas into law. I know you don’t like separating people based on blood status, but the Minister feels it is important to at least seem to support the Dark Lord’s ideals.”

Seeing the look on his father’s face, Percy hurried to add, “Father, we don’t know who reports to the Dark Lord and who doesn’t. No one wants to come home and find the Dark Mark above their home. It is better to help minimize the damage by cooperating.”

“The Dark Lord? Cooperating with Death Eaters?” Arthur was staring at his son in horror.

Standing, he threw the copy of the bill on Percy’s desk, causing a small stack of parchments to fall to the floor. Arthur looked down and to his amazement, saw a picture of his daughter dancing. Reaching down, Arthur picked up the stack of photos. Flipping through them, he found the picture of Ginny dancing with Oliver Wood that had appeared in the paper.

Holding up the picture, he asked, “Percy what are you doing with these pictures here? Don’t you know how
dangerous it could be? If the wrong people see these pictures…”

“I just shared a few pictures of my family with a few colleagues. There is no harm in that,” Percy replied angrily. “Are you going to find fault in all of my actions?”

“This is the picture that was in the paper. How did they get it?” Arthur asked angrily. “Did you give your sister’s picture to the paper?”

“No! I certainly wouldn’t want our family’s name tarnished any more than it has been,” Percy retorted.

Arthur didn’t reply. He stared at his son with deep sadness. “Goodbye, son.”

Turning, he left Percy’s office and made his way to the Atrium so he could head home. He needed to talk to his wife.
_________________________________ _____________________________________
G inny sat at her favorite table in the library in Grimmauld Place, staring at the blank parchment in front of her. She was supposed to be writing a letter to her mother, but she could not find the words.

A noise in the doorway drew her attention and she looked up eager for a distraction.

“Hermione, happy birthday!”

Ginny hurried around to hug her friend. Hermione laughed and returned the hug. “Thanks, Ginny.”

After the two girls settled at the table, Ginny asked, “How are the plans coming along?”

Hermione smiled. “We have ten students who will be living here for the school year. Professor Flitwick has agreed to help so he and Remus will be doing most of the teaching with Andromeda helping out with Potions. They are also talking about a course on the history and customs of the Wizarding world. I can’t tell you how much this means to me, Ginny.”

“Good.” Ginny smiled. “I’d hate for you to miss out on your seventh year.”

Hermione nodded. “It won’t be the same, but I don’t feel like I’ll be missing out entirely. Plus being in London, we will be able to help the Order.”

Looking over at her friend, Hermione asked, “Are you sure you don’t mind giving up your house?”

Ginny looked up in surprise. “What? No, I mean this house is beautiful and I love our room and the conservatory, but we’re getting a home of our own. Bill and Harry are over there now setting up wards and protective charms. I can’t wait to show you our house. It is beautiful. We are going to set up the top floor as the nursery. It has two bedrooms and bathrooms as well as a study that we will turn into a playroom.”

“That’s wonderful, Ginny.” Hermione smiled to see her friend so happy.

“I know.” Ginny beamed.

Hermione pulled out the latest tablet and her notes to work on while Ginny tried to come up with a way to tell her mother she was pregnant.

Dear Mum,

I just finished taking my O.W.L.s and should be getting the results next week. I think I did fairly well on them, especially Defence against the Dark Arts and Arithmancy. Harry and I are going shopping for school supplies next week. As I’m sure you know, we got new letters this past week with a new booklist.

Mum, I’ve spent some time thinking about everything that has happened this summer. I am no longer as angry, but more hurt. I love Harry. I am married to him and I plan to spend my life with him. You need to accept this. Harry is a wonderful husband. He’s loving and considerate. He loves me and will do whatever he can to protect me. I know you think we are too young and we don’t know each other well, but we have a relationship I can’t even explain. He knows me better than anyone else. We’ve seen each other at our worst and it has really strengthened our relationship.

Harry and I have some great news that we wanted to share with you. I’m pregnant! I am due in May. I’ve had some morning sickness, but overall I feel pretty good. I hope you can be happy for us. I miss you, Mum. I want you to be able to experience this with me.

Love,
Ginny


After finishing her letter, Ginny whistled for Hedwig. To her surprise, it was Fawkes, who showed up to take her letter. After petting and whispering to the glorious bird for a few minutes, Ginny attached her letter and sent it off.

As she straightened up her supplies, she heard Hermione gasp. “What’s wrong?” she asked.

Hermione looked over at her. “I think I’ve translated this tablet.”

When Hermione didn’t say anything else, Ginny prompted her. “So what does it say?”

“I-It talks about the stone and summarizes the history of the stone. It tells how Queen Boudica had the stone placed in her husband’s sword and then used that sword in her rebellion against the Romans. Slytherin believed the stories that the stone would amplify the powers of the person wielding the sword. He also talks about the importance of maintaining blood purity and respecting the ancient ways.” Hermione broke off as she reread the last part of the tablet. “Ginny, it says the sword is hidden in the Chamber of Secrets.”
Reviews 410
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear