Search:

SIYE Time:1:45 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Remember
By potterfan2008

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 410
Summary: The summer after the Chamber of Secrets was hard on everyone. How come no one can remember what happened? Prior to starting his seventh year at Hogwarts, Harry realizes he is missing some memories from his second year. Together with Remus Lupin, Harry sets out to discover what happened. He hopes to find out about that pretty red head he has been dreaming about as well.
Hitcount: Story Total: 353602; Chapter Total: 9570
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Sorry for the long delay between posting. My beta and I have both been caught up in real life. I have not abandoned this story and do not plan to do so. Thank you for all of the wonderful reviews, it really helps spur me on. This chapter is dedicated to my late Grandmother who once sent me a letter talking about taupe (you will understand when you read the chapter). Thanks so much for reading, I hope you enjoy.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry watched Remus and Bill anxiously as they reviewed the notes Hermione had made about the latest black tablet.

“Sit down, cub.” Remus said without looking up. “You are going to wear a whole in the carpet.”

Glaring at his godfather for a moment, Harry dropped into the closest chair. After Hermione had dropped the bombshell on Ginny, Harry had asked Remus and Bill to confirm what she had translated. He hated the thought of dragging Ginny back down into the Chamber of Secrets. Hermione, Ginny, and Sarah had all gone out to have a spa day to celebrate Hermione’s eighteenth birthday.

Wishing not for the first time that summer that he had taken Ancient Runes, Harry stared at the black tablet.

“Cub,” Remus said, “I think not surprisingly that Hermione correctly translated this tablet.”

Nodding Bill added, “I agree.”

With a groan Harry buried his head in his hands, “I figured, but if there was any chance that we wouldn’t have to go down there — I needed to double check.”

Exchanging a glance with Remus, Bill said to Harry, “We’ll go with you.”

Harry looked up with a question on his face and Bill clarified, “Remus and I will go with you and Ginny down to the Chamber of Secrets.”

“I…I just wish Ginny didn’t have to go with us.” Harry said softly. “She…she has been so brave facing everything, but to go back down there -”

Reaching across the table, Remus laid his hand on Harry’s arm. “She is very brave and she will have you with her. I know you would want to spare her, but I think it is important that she goes with you.”

“We should go sometime next week,” Bill said. “Before school starts again.”

Harry nodded, “Sometime next week. Ginny and I will be closing on our house on Monday, so maybe next Wednesday?”

“That would work,” Bill replied. “We have a mandatory staff meeting on Thursday, so it would be better to go before then.”

______________________________ ________________________________________
Arthur stepped into Muriel’s kitchen to find his wife preparing dinner. She was caught up in her task and hadn’t heard him enter. He found himself studying his wife of thirty years. She had lost some weight over the summer and her face was a bit more lined. He had heard her on more than one occasion crying when she thought no one was around.

For a brief moment he allowed himself to think that in other circumstances the fact that they had two grandchildren on the way would be cause for a huge celebration. Molly would have already started knitting he was certain and she would be helping Ginny plan her nursery. He felt a pang for such simpler times.

“Molly, love.”

Molly looked up and met her husband’s eyes with a tired smile. Crossing the kitchen, she hugged him, lingering for a moment in his arms. Pulling back she looked up at him, after loving him for over thirty years she knew when something was troubling him. Waving her wand at the stove, she spelled the food to keep warm. Tugging on his arm, she pulled Arthur to sit down at the table.

“What is wrong, love?” she asked softly. “I haven’t seen you this troubled in quite some time.”

Arthur sighed, “It’s Percy.”

“Percy? But I thought…he seemed so happy to be reconciled with us and to be talking to the family again.” Molly looked to her husband for an explanation.

“He and Dolores Umbridge have sponsored a new werewolf bill.” He stopped for a moment as if saying the words would make them untrue. “Molly, it’s awful. The bill calls for all kinds of restrictions on werewolves — they can’t hold a job, get married, have children. It proposes that during the full moon, they be sent to ‘secure facilities’ for the duration of the full moon. All of them thrown in together — men, women, and children. Children who are affected will be taken from their parents. Permanently. Molly, our son is offering grieving parents twenty galleons in exchange for their children who have been bitten by werewolves.”

“What?” Molly gasped in horror. She stared at her husband, tears forming in her eyes. As her family knew, Molly had a weakness children. The thought that children would be bought and sold was horrifying. She couldn’t wrap her mind around the fact that one of her children sponsored a bill that would separate children from their parents. Tears falling down her face, she reached out for her husband and he gathered her in his arms. Molly felt his tears on her neck as she grieved for the child she had raised who had somehow gotten lost along the way.

After Molly’s sobs subsided, Arthur said softy, “You realize we will have to cut our ties with him. He can’t come to anymore meetings.”

Molly lifted her head from her husband’s shoulder and nodded unwillingly. “I know.”

The couple sat in silence for a while each gathering strength from the other’s comforting presence. Molly whispered softly, “I got a letter from Ginny.”

Arthur pulled back and looked into his wife’s eyes. Molly watched him for a moment before saying, “I don’t think her news would be a surprise to you.”

Guilt flickered in his eyes before he said, “It was not my place to tell you, love.”

Standing up, Molly wandered over to the stove to prepare some tea. Arthur watched in silence as he knew from long experience that preparing tea helped soothe her.

“I…What should I do Arthur?” Molly asked. “I feel like my life is suddenly turned completely upside down. I have one son helped support a Death Eater agenda and I have a daughter who is married and pregnant at sixteen. What went wrong?”

Arthur snapped, “I don’t think Percy’s and Ginny’s situations are equal. Percy has chosen to turn his back on everything we have taught him and everything we hold dear. Ginny, on the other hand, is happily married and expecting her first child.”

“I didn’t mean it like that.” Molly replied testily. “I just think…she’s too young.”

“We have been over this many times, Molly.” Arthur replied, “She is young, but she is happy and Harry loves her and loves taking care of her. They are so excited about the baby. Is it ideal? No. Is it something to be celebrated? Yes.”

Molly brought the tea service over to the table and busied herself pouring tea before she answered. “Is this another reason we need to cut our ties with Percy? I am expected to chose one child over another?”

“Molly! Are you being deliberately difficult?” Arthur exclaimed angrily. “Ginny has done nothing wrong. She and Harry were married by virtue of the strength of their love, it is not something they actively sought. They have adjusted to married life and weathered many difficulties this summer. Why are you still so against their marriage?”

“I don’t want her to be a widow before she’s twenty and I don’t want her to die because someone is trying to kill her husband!” Molly burst out. “Is that so difficult to understand? Why now? Why not wait until the war is over? I’ve already lost two brothers to this cause, I don’t want to lose my only daughter. Now I am supposed to be happy that she is carrying the child of You-Know-Who’s biggest enemy? She almost died once, Arthur. I don’t want to lose her.”

“But Molly, you are losing her. You have hurt her and hurt her badly. She is trying, but if you don’t respond, she will eventually stop trying to reach out to you. Do you want to have a grandchild out there you never get to see?” Arthur asked passionately. He stared at her trying to will her into seeing things his way.

Molly didn’t respond, but stared at the table. Arthur stood and headed outside, “I’m going for a walk before dinner.”

Arthur walked around the garden, stopping occasionally to straighten something or pull some stray leaves. The crack of a branch behind him caused him to turn. He smiled to see his second oldest son standing in front of him.

“Hey, Dad.” Charlie said quietly.

“Charlie,” Arthur responded. “It’s time like this I really miss the Burrow and my workshop.”

Leading his father over to the picnic table, Charlie said. “I heard about Percy’s bill.”

Looking out over the fields that surrounded Aunt Muriel’s home, Arthur sighed. “Does Remus know?”

“Yeah, he’s very distraught. Harry and Ginny are furious. I haven’t seen Tonks yet, but I imagine she is upset as well.” Charlie replied. “Bill is tightening the wards around Grimmauld Place.”

“So you know?” Arthur asked.

“About the pregnancies?” Charlie asked. When Arthur nodded, Charlie continued, “Yes, Bill and Ginny told me. Remus is beside himself for putting Tonks in danger, Harry was trying to talk to him. I wouldn’t want to be Percy when Harry gets a hold of him.”

“How is Bill taking it?” Arthur asked anxiously.

Charlie shook his head, “He is also furious. He’s afraid the next bill will affect him as well. Currently he isn’t affected as he was bitten by a werewolf who wasn’t transformed, but he’s heard rumors that Umbridge wants even people like him put in confinement. He’s scared to death that someone will find out about Fleur’s pregnancy and try to terminate it.”

Arthur gasped, “Merlin, they would do that wouldn’t they?”

“Unfortunately, yes.” Charlie confirmed. “Kingsley got her a Portkey that will take her to her parent’s house in France if she feels that she or the baby are in danger.”

“What a mess. Did your brother say anything about telling your mother?” Arthur asked.

“He wanted to see how well she took the news of Ginny’s pregnancy.” Charlie explained. “I’m guessing that she didn’t take the news well.”

“She just hasn’t gotten it out of her head that Ginny is too young.” Arthur sighed. “It’s about breaking my heart. I can’t choose between my wife and my daughter. I hope your mum will come around soon.”

“She does understand that Percy can’t know about the baby, right?” Charlie asked anxiously.

Arthur nodded wearily as Ron called out that dinner was ready. “Let’s go eat, son.”

_______________________________ _______________________________________

Saturday morning, Hermione, Sarah and Mark showed up at Grimmauld Place ready to work. Harry and Remus had enlisted as much help as they could in preparing the old house for it's new occupants.

Andromeda and Ted were busy outside were they had found an old potion's lab that had been converted into an underground shelter at some point. They had aired out the room and were busy sorting through the old supplies, some of which appeared to be almost one hundred years old.
Filius and Remus had divided the large unused ballroom into two smaller classrooms and were working on setting them up.

“Harry!”

Turning, Harry greeted the Grangers as they entered the kitchen. “Hermione, Sarah, Mark. Welcome to the mad house.” Looking at Hermione, Harry said, “Hermione, Fred and George have talked to some of their old classmates and have gotten some seventh year textbooks donated. I was hoping the three of you could go through the books we have and see what other types of supplies we need.”

Hermione nodded and moved off to the dining room where the twins had spread boxes of books on the large table. Hung around the room were large sheets of parchment with the books necessary for each student.

Turning back to Sarah and Mark, Harry said, “We are turning most of the second and third floor rooms into bedrooms. We need to get them cleaned out and painted. Bill and Charlie are up their assigning tasks. Would you mind helping them out?”

Sarah and Mark made up to the room the oldest Weasley boys had set up as a base. Bill smiled when they walked in, “Mark, Sarah. I'm glad you could make it.”

Mark greeted the brothers absently as his attention was caught by the map they had spread out on a desk next to them. It was a map of Grimmauld Place. Each room was labeled according to what it's final purpose was going to be. Mark was shocked to see four dots in the room they were currently standing in labeled with their names.

Charlie laughed as the look on Mark's face. “It's a magical map. Remus made it to make it easier to track what we are doing. He and his friends made a similar map of Hogwarts when they were students there.”

“This is amazing.” Mark said as he watched a dot labeled Angelina join Hermione and the twins in the dining room.

“It really is an amazing piece of magic.” Bill agreed. “I've seen the original map and it is truly incredible.”

Looking around the room, Sarah read over the list of chores posted on the wall. “Do you have something we can do that doesn't involved magic?”

“Of course.” Bill laughed. “Ron and Oliver are conducting an inventory of furniture in the house. There will be ten students living here — Hermione, Colin and Dennis Creevey, Dean Thomas, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Emma Dobbs, Laura Madley, Mandy Brocklehurst, Kevin White, and Rose Zeller. We're going to make three boys room and three girls rooms. We need to make sure each student has a bed, desk and some types of chest or wardrobe.”

Sarah turned back to face Bill, “I trust you plan to have boys on one floor and girls on the other.”

“Of course,” Bill replied with a smile, hoping that was really the plan. “I need one of you to see what furniture we are missing and make a shopping list. Harry and Remus are going to go shopping either this afternoon or tomorrow to make sure we have the necessary furniture.”

“I will do that.” Sarah said and she checked the map and went off to find Ron and Oliver.”

“What can I do?” Mark asked.

Gesturing to Charlie, Bill said. “You two can get to work on the bathroom on this floor. We need to have working bathrooms on both floors.”
______________________________ _______________________________________

Fred looked up as Hermione joined them in the dining room. “Welcome. A belated happy birthday, to you.”

“Thank you.” Hermione replied with a smile. “So what can I do?”

“We are sorting text books.” Fred explained as he gestured to the large sheets of parchment. “We have four seventh year students, two sixth years, and four fourth years. Right now we are just trying to see what books we have and what books we need.”

Nodding Hermione grabbed the box closest to her and began to sort through them. “What about the books that aren't from the years we need?”

“We are setting up a library.” George said and he looked up from the box he was sorting. “Remus said they are planning to offer Potions, Transfiguration, Charms, Defence Against the Dark Arts, and Herbology. Remus will tutor anyone who is interested in Ancient Runes and Fleur will be offering Arthimancy on a limited basis. She obviously can't come all the time, but she should be able to work out a schedule.”

“Hi, Hermione.” Angelina greeted the younger girl as she came to help out. Between the four of them, it took them just under two hours to separate the books and determine what books they needed.

Harry looked up from the kitchen table where he was working with Tonks on plans for security when George and Hermione walked in.

“Are you done already?” Harry asked when they presented him with the list of books they needed to purchase.

Hermione nodded, “It actually went fairly quickly. We can head out to Flourish and Blotts and pick up the rest of these.”

He exchanged a look with Tonks before replying, “Hermione, why don't you let George and Tonks go get the books. You can help Ginny and Fleur with the rooms upstairs.”

“Why can't I go to the bookstore?” Hermione demanded.

“What will you say if they ask why you need three copies of Standard Book of Spells Grade 4?”
Harry asked quietly. He looked over at his best friend sadly. “Hermione, it isn't safe for you on Diagon Alley right now. Let George and Tonks go, they'll stop by the Inkspot as well and get parchment and quills for everyone.”

She nodded sadly and Harry handed the other two a bag of coins. After they headed out, Harry turned back to Hermione. “I'm sorry, Hermione. I wish it was different.”

Hermione sat down at the table with him. “I know. It's just infuriating that I can't even go to the bookstore.”

Harry smiled, “I know for you that is definitely a hardship.”

Laughing, Hermione made a face at Harry. “Thanks.”

With a smile, Harry gestured for Hermione to take a seat as he explained the security measures he and Remus and Bill had added to the house as well as the escape plans they had devised.

“Are you sure you don't mind us taking over your house?” Hermione asked.

Harry shook his head, “No. It's more Remus's house than mine. Ginny and I will have our own house soon enough — one without all of the memories of this house.”

He laughed, “Besides, Remus is insisting on keeping our room for us on the top floor. He and Tonks are moving into Regulus's old room and Dobby helped him create another small room near theirs that they can use as a nursery.”

“Dobby?” Hermione asked.

“Remember the house elf that tried to help me in our second year?”

She nodded.

“Well, I set him free after we got Ginny out of the Chamber of Secrets. He has been working at Hogwarts for the past two years. Professor Dumbledore explained to him that I didn't remember him, but I saw him last month and he wanted to help.” Harry explained. “One of the abilities of house elves is the ability to restructure rooms, that's one of their duties at Hogwarts. He helped us with the layout of the second and third floors.”

Hermione glared at him. “You are using house elves? Harry, how could you?”

“Relax, Hermione. I hired one house elf to help us out. Otherwise we wouldn't have been ready in time.” Harry said. At her continued glare, he said, “Honestly, he's being paid.”

“Okay,” Hermione said slowly. “I just don't like the idea of using house elves.”

Harry rolled his eyes, “I know, Hermione.”

Changing the subject, he asked. “Do you want your own room?”

She looked up startled. “Oh, I just assumed I would stay where I am.”

“That's okay. I just wanted to offer. We will put the three fourth year girls together and you and
Mandy will each have your own room.” Harry said. “We're putting the Creevey brothers together and the other three boys together.”

Hermione stood up and stretched, “I think I'll go talk to Charlie and see if I can get my room repainted.”
___________________________ ________________________________________ ___
Glancing at the clock, Harry realized that it was afternoon. He got up and started gathering ingredients to make some scones. Ginny had been asking for scones for tea everyday, so he assumed that today would not be any different. As he mixed together the ingredients, he started looking around the kitchen and realized that he and Ginny were going to need to do some major shopping for their new house. He'd never had to buy anything for Grimmauld Place, so he hadn't really given any thought to everything they would need in starting their own house.

After he got the scones into the oven, he heard steps on the kitchen stairs. Smiling, he turned to see his wife entering the kitchen.

“Hey, beautiful. I just got some scones in oven for you.” Harry said as he kissed her.

“Apple?” Ginny asked with a smile as she hopped up on the counter next to him.

Harry laughed, “Apple, blueberry, and cranberry. Just in case you couldn't make up your mind.”

Stepping between her legs, Harry ran his hands lightly along her denim clad thighs. “So how is everything going up there?”

“Great! Fleur and I are having a great time painting. I can't wait until we can paint our house.” Ginny said as she grabbed up one of the left over slices of apple. “Fleur is really good with the Painting Charms. She has a lot of great ideas about decorating.”

“That's good. I was just thinking as I was making these scones that we don't have anything for the new house. I mean I knew we would need to get furniture, but I didn't even think about all of the kitchen stuff and plates and all of that kind of stuff.”

“I know.” Ginny said enthusiastically. “I am so excited about that part. I asked Hedwig to get me some of the home store catalogs and I saw some of these great sets of dinnerware. My mum always had all of these mismatched plates because we were so hard of the dishes. Even with the unbreakable charms, we still managed to break a lot. I saw some really brilliant colours. I don't want white dishes, I want a cool colour.”

Harry laughed as he leaned in to kiss her. “Whatever you want, my love. I'm glad that you're thinking about these things.”

Moving one of his hands up to her stomach, he said. “Hi, baby. I hope you're not giving your mum too much trouble.”

Ginny laughed as he placed a quick kiss on her stomach. “No, he's been fine.”

“He?” Harry asked with a laugh.

She shrugged. “Well, I can't keep saying it and looking at my family, I would say a boy is likely.”

A noise on the stairs caused them both to turn them around. Fleur entered the kitchen and smiled at her young sister-in-law. “I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt.”

“No, that's okay.” Harry said as he stepped back. “Ginny was just telling me how good you are at decorating.”

As Ginny hopped off the counter to join Fleur at the kitchen table, Harry retrieved the scones from the oven. He quickly prepared some tea and sent the basket of scones to the table. He quickly assembled several large plates of sandwiches and opened s few bags of crisps.

“So are you excited about your new house?” Fleur asked as she helped herself to a cranberry scone.

“I am.” Harry smiled as he looked over at his wife. “The house is beautiful and we can do whatever we want. When I was young, I had to paint the whole downstairs of my relatives’ house and it was all boring shades of beige and taupe. I mean what kind of colour is taupe?”

He laughed, “Our kitchen is an amazing bright yellow that will be so much fun to cook in.”

As the three of them talked, the others dropped in to join them in small groups for lunch. After everyone had eaten, Harry cleaned up the kitchen with a few quick spells and headed upstairs to join to others.

By early evening, the rooms had all been painted and the furniture they had was in the rooms. Sarah and Hermione planned to go shopping to get the rest of the furniture and the rooms should be finished by early in the week. Remus and Filius were pleased with their new classrooms. Andromeda had the most work in revitalizing the old potions lab, but she was quite pleased with what she had discovered. It was a tired, but happy group that devoured the pizzas Harry had slipped out to purchase.
_____________________________ ________________________________________ _
“What do you think of this colour?” Fleur asked as she held up a sample card. “It is a beautiful coral colour. I think it would great in that little reception room on the first floor, the one Harry wanted to turn into a gym.”

Ginny turned from the colour cards she was looking at to see what her sister-in-law was holding up. She and Harry had closed on their house the day before and Grimmauld Place was almost ready for its new occupants. She had taken Fleur on a tour of their new house and the pair hit Diagon Alley while Harry and Remus were shopping for the new gym.

“It's beautiful.” Ginny smiled. “I found this grey colour for the downstairs bathroom.”

“Ginny.”

She froze for a moment before turning to face her older brother. “Percy.”

He nodded to Fleur who turned her back on him and continued to look determinedly through the colour cards. Turning back to his sister, he said. “I'm surprised to see you two out together.”

Ginny looked confused for a moment before she realized he was referring to the newspaper articles. Glaring at her brother, she said, “Fleur is not only my sister-in-law, she is also a good friend of mine. I see no reason not to be out with her.”

“You can't be serious.” Percy retorted “You've seen the pictures in the paper, I'm sure. Have you seen her and Potter together?”

“Don't act so innocent.” Ginny fired back at her brother. “Dad told me that you took the pictures of me and Oliver dancing. You were at the party. You know that we were just dancing and talking.”

Percy held his hands up in front of him as if to ward off his angry sister. “I know that our father thinks my photos were used in the paper, but all I did was take the pictures to show them to some of my friends at work.”

“One of them being Dolores, I suppose.” Ginny said angrily.

“You don't even know her.” Percy said heatedly. “She is a lovely person, Harry just doesn't like her. He did everything he could to discredit her when she was at Hogwarts. He didn't approve of her teaching methods so he starts his own defence group.”

“She used a blood quill on him.” Ginny replied. “Did you know that? She made him carve 'I will not tell lies' into his hand. He wasn't lying! She made his life miserable, she kicked him off the Quidditch team along with Fred and George because of a fight started by the Slytherins. Her 'Inquisitorial Squad' was mostly made up of children of Death Eaters. Doesn't that tell you something about her?”

Shaking his head angrily, Percy replied, “I can see that Potter has completely turned you to his point of view. I just stopped by to say hello, I didn't plan on getting attacked by my only sister.”

“What are you doing here?”

The group turned around to see Bill striding towards them. He looked over at his wife and sister, “Are you two okay?”

“We are fine, Bill.” Fleur replied. “Your brother was just defending his good friend Dolores.”

Turning back to face Percy, Bill said angrily, “He is no brother of mine.”

“What are you talking about?” Percy said paling slightly at the sight of the angry curse breaker in front of him.

“Your bill.” Bill spat out. “Do you realize that could affect me as well? You would really offer me money to take away my children. I'm not even a werewolf. I was merely attacked by one.”

“You don't know what might happen to any children of yours. Besides you can't have any children with her.” Percy said gesturing to Fleur. “It is against the law.”

Bill didn't bother replying verbally, he sent his fist crashing into his brother's jaw. Percy fell to the ground and lay trembling as Bill stood over him. “Don't come near me or my family — that includes Harry and Ginny.”

Stepping over his still prostrate brother, Bill led the two women out of the store
_________________________________ _____________________________________
G inny reached out for the warmth of her kitten as she lay quietly in the predawn darkness. She felt Harry's solid presence behind her, comforting and supporting. Today was the day they were returning to the Chamber of Secrets. Everyone had wanted to go with them, but in the end it was decided that it should just be Bill and Remus going with her and Harry to search the chamber for the Sword of Slytherin. Fleur and Andromeda would be waiting above for them to provide support if needed.

She smiled down at the little kitten as Emerald batted at her hands. The kitten helped relax her slightly.

A warm hand landed on her bare shoulder causing her to jump slightly. She felt Harry mold himself up behind her and felt his warm breath on her skin. “Are you okay, baby?”

Harry slid his arm around her waist with his hand resting lightly on her stomach. Ginny didn't respond right away, but intertwined her fingers with his squeezing his hand.

“I'm not sure.” She admitted softly. “I want to face the Chamber and I know that you will be with me the whole time, but...at the same time I'm...I'm s-scared.”

Tightening his grip around her, Harry raised himself up on one elbow so he could see her more clearly. “I'm a little scared myself.”

She rolled over onto her back so she could look up into his eyes. “Why are you scared?”

Gently untangling his hand from hers, Harry smoothed her hair away from her face and cupped her cheek. “That was one of the worst nights of my life. I remember being so scared heading down to the Chamber, I didn't know what we would find. I d-didn't think there was any way that we would find you alive. When I saw you lying so still on the floor, I...I ran towards you hoping you were alive.”

He paused to kiss her softly. “But this time we will be going down together. Riddle is long gone and he can't hurt you anymore.”

Ginny nodded, but still looked upset. Harry smiled, “Baby, it will be okay. I promise. I think it will be good for us to see the Chamber together. It is just another dusty, hidden chamber.”

She giggled suddenly. “I'm sorry, I just was thinking. Our new house doesn't have any secret chambers does it?”

Harry laughed as he wrapped her in a hug. “I don't think so my love.”

Ginny settled herself comfortably in her husband's arms. “Thank you.”

“For what?” Harry asked in confusion.

Looking up into his eyes, she smiled. “For falling in love with me.”

Harry shook his head, “You don't need to thank me. I'm the lucky one. I still can't believe that you fell in love with me.”

She laughed softly, “Well maybe I will have to prove it to you.”

Tugging his hair gently, she pulled him down to her and kissed him passionately.
______________________________________ ________________________________
Breakf ast that morning was a quiet affair. Harry made a simple breakfast of sausage, eggs, and toast. Ginny ate quietly, glancing at the clock frequently to check the time. Remus, Tonks, and Harry discussed the changes in Grimmauld Place until it was time to go.

Tonks reached out for Ginny and drew her into a hug. “It will be okay, sweetie. Harry will be right there with you and you know that boy will do anything for you.”

Nodding Ginny returned the embrace. “Thanks, Tonks.”

The three of them Flooed to the Three Broomsticks and walked up to the castle. Reaching out, Harry opened the gates letting them onto the grounds. Bill and Fleur met them at the Entrance Hall.

Like Tonks, Fleur went straight to Ginny. “Are you okay, ma petite?”

Ginny smiled and hugged her sister-in-law. “I'm not sure, but I will be.”

Harry looked around, “Where is Andromeda?”

“I don't know. She should be here.” Bill said looking around the hall.

Minerva joined them from the Great Hall. “Mr. and Mrs. Potter, it is nice to see you.”

“Professor.”

She gestured for them to walk down the hall. “Remus, I don't know if you know that your mother-in-law is here this morning. She is visiting Poppy in the Infirmary.”

Lowering her voice, Minerva said quietly. “We thought that would be a cover story.”

Looking over at Harry and Ginny she asked, “Would you mind if I accompanied you?”

Exchanging a glance, Harry shook his head. “No, we would mind at all.”

It was a silent group that made their way up to the second floor. Harry led the way and pushed open the door to reveal the gloomy and poorly maintained bathroom. He walked over to the row sinks ignoring the cracked mirror hanging over them.

He looked over at Ginny who nodded and pausing to kiss her on the cheek, he faced the sink and in a hiss whispered, “Open.”

The sink slid aside to reveal the open chute leading into darkness. Looking around at the others, Harry explained, “We need to drop down the chute. It's kind of a long drop.”

After the others nodded their understanding, Harry wrapped his arms around Ginny and together the two of them jumped down into the blackness. Ginny kept her eyes closed for the duration, so it came as a surprise to her when they landed. Harry pulled her aside as the others landed in the dark tunnels.

“Lumos.”

Harry's wand lit and he led the group past the animal bones. He heard the gasps around him as they caught sight of the shed skin, but he concentrated on the feeling of Ginny's hand in his own. He kept glancing down at her to measure her response. She smiled up at him faintly, “I'm okay, love.”

Nodding, Harry led them to the site of the cave-in. Bill stepped forward and with a few flicks of his wand, he cleared the rocks creating a stable doorway.

“Thanks, Bill.” Harry said, “I didn't know any spells to clear the blockage when I was younger. I was afraid that whatever I did would cause it to be worse. Ron was trapped on the other side and he cleared a whole for us to get through.”

Minerva looked around in astonishment. She had no idea this place had lurked below the school she had called home for more than fifty years.

When they reached the sealed doors, Ginny shivered as she saw the now familiar serpents. After receiving a reassuring smile from Ginny, Harry opened the Chamber and led the group into the Chamber of Secrets.

They walked into the large cavernous room. With a whispered spell, Bill lit up the Chamber of Secrets revealing the towering columns and the large statue of Salazar Slytherin.

“Bloody hell.” Bill breathed as he caught sight of the huge Basilisk corpse stretched out on the floor. Even long dead and with it's large yellow eyes destroyed, it was still an imposing sight.

Minerva drew a shaky breath, “You killed that when you were twelve?”

“I didn't have much choice.” Harry said quietly.

While the others walked around the Chamber, Harry turned his attention to Ginny. “Are you okay, my love?”

Though not moving from his arms, Ginny nodded as she looked around the Chamber. “It doesn't look quite as scary when it is all lit up.”

“Doing okay, Firefly?” Bill approached the young couple.

Ginny nodded, “Harry's here and you lit it up so it isn't quite as scary.”

Stepping out of her husband's arms, Ginny reached out for his hand. Smiling at her proudly Harry looked up at the others. “Anyone see anything?”

“Harry, what is that?” Minerva asked pointed to the opening from which the Basilisk had appeared.

“That is where the Basilisk lived.” Ginny was the one to respond.

Harry opened the portal with a whisper of Parseltongue.

The revealed space was a tunnel that extended into the darkness in both directions. Harry and Ginny headed off to the left, while the other three headed off to the right.

Holding Harry's hand tightly, Ginny walked with him into a round room. It was about the size of girls dorm room upstairs in the Gryffindor tower. The room was dominated by a large nest.

“Shite.” Harry whispered. He breathed a sigh of relief when they peered into the nest and found it empty.

Ginny laughed shakily, “For a minute there I thought it was going to be full of little Basilisk eggs.”

“Me too.” Harry said. “Nothing but animal remains.”

He made a face as he looked over the remains of rats, mice, and even larger animals like cats that littered the room. The couple walked around the nest to make sure there was no hidden space, but they didn't find anything.

“Harry!”

The couple turned when they heard Bill yelling for Harry. Sprinting down the tunnel, they joined the others in a small room at the other end of the hall. Harry had the impression of a small office, but most of his attention was drawn by the glittering sword Bill held in his hand.

“Merlin, that's it isn't it?” Harry whispered.

Reaching out he took the sword from Bill. The handle was cool to touch, the gold smooth under his hand. The sword handle was dominated by a large smooth stone, it was an iridescent, shimmering stone that reflected the light around it.

“Let's get into some better light,” Harry said leading the group back to the main chamber.

“The stone is beautiful.” Ginny whispered. Harry nodded and together the two of them reached out to touch the stone.

For a moment, nothing happened. Harry started to smile at Ginny, when his smile froze in place. Pain such as he had not experienced before seared through his head. He forehead felt like it was on fire.

He felt his knees buckle. Dimly he was aware of the others crowding around him, but the pain drowned out all but the screaming that he slowly realized was his own. The pain slowly receded and he raised his hand to his forehead and looked at it in confusion when it came away covered in blood.

Looking up at Ginny he tried to reassure her, but everything started to fade away and he passed out.

Reviews 410
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear