Search:

SIYE Time:11:23 on 19th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Golden Hours
By ronsforever

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:None
Genres: Drama, Fluff, Humor, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 3
Summary: A one-shot describing one of Harry and Ginny's excursions on the grounds during their first relationship, with a twist. Another careless attack has occured, and again to someone Harry is close to...
Hitcount: Story Total: 3722



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
I wanted to write something that would put emphasis on the happy relationship of Harry and Ginny, which I always wanted more of in the original series, while injecting a bit of the drama and action that should accompany any day in Harry's life.




ChapterPrinter


As the setting sun rippled over the lake, throwing off shards of peach and rose colored light, Harry reached over to tuck a stray lock of silky red hair behind Ginny's left ear. The beauty of the scene seemed to immerse the couple, and yet Harry had eyes only for the lovely treasure sitting before him. She flashed him a smile, sweet but knowing, and sent tingles ricocheting throughout his body. As she lowered her soft brown eyes to the flower she had been absent-mindedly twirling, he realized why it was that he loved her so much. Like Hogwarts itself, she had become something of a home to him, and provided his weary heart with a stable, consistent source of comfort. For this he was grateful, but even more than that, he appreciated how memories of her love would sustain him on the long, lonely journey that stretched before him.

"Harry, what's on your mind?" Her smooth, gentle voice shook him away from his ponderings. It was not a demand, an interrogation, or even a product of the morbid curiosity that usually provoked this kind of question. It was a simple request to enter his world, to be close to him because she loved him and not to catch a glimpse of his so-called fame. At any rate, he was happy to answer.

"Just wondering what I did to deserve you. You know, the usual," he answered causally, trying not to bore her or sound too corny.

She giggled attractively. "Well, as I recall it, I'm the one still in your debt, as you've saved about half my family and the entire wizarding world."

"Oh, that. If you think that's appealing, you should take a look at yourself," said Harry, quickly adding, "and I don't just say that because you're the most gorgeous person I've ever met. You've got a decent personality, too!" when she threw him a quizzical look.

At that, she had to crack a smile. "I suppose you're no McLaggen yourself,” she offered, as he pretended to be excessively flattered. She laughed. Harry loved to make her laugh; each instance felt ten times better than winning the Triwizard Cup. He wasn't exactly Fred or George, but he figured if their own sister found him funny, it was no insult to his comedic talents.

Feeling especially content, he pulled her in for a long, passionate kiss. Miniature fireworks danced in his mind's eye and he felt as if he had just recieved a world-class cheering charm. Then again, it was always this way with Ginny. He concentrated more deeply on her, and noticed her unique flowery scent wafting through his nostrils, seemingly into his very soul. He could never quite place his finger on the type of flowers she smelled of...lilies, perhaps? Not that he had ever been a flower enthusiest, but he wanted to know everything about Ginny, and it seemed an odd question to ask one's girlfriend. Though, come to think of it, it would be much less appropriate to ask any other girl...

Abruptly, after what might have been hours, Ginny released him. It took him a few seconds to locate the reason for this, but it was speeding toward them over the lush grass. Ron, with Hermionie in tow, were running up with identically concerned expressions.

"Hey lovebirds!" Ron called, "If you'll stop jumping each other long enough to come the hell inside, we've got to go and see Luna in the hospital wing. She was apparently carrying some sort of deadly plant and got knocked unconcious. Nobody knows how it was smuggled past security, and people passing her say she kept insisting it was a gift for someone."

"We don't think she knew what it really was," said Hermionie as the four hurried up the castle stairs, "maybe she was Imperiused, but you know Luna, she may have been under the impression that it was a rare Australian Knockblat or something. She apparently appeared very excited. Oh Harry, do you see what's going on? It's nearly the same situation that happened to Katie, and very similar to Ron's poisining. Someone very foolish has it in for someone else..."

"Exactly!" snapped Harry, "It's obviously Malfoy at it again! You lot refused to listen to me, but now look where that's gotten us. Are we sure that she's alright?"

"Yes," said Hermionie, "Neville was going up to talk to her and realized what the plant was immediately. He wrestled the thing to the ground and cut off its central root, which called it off at once. It's honestly very lucky he was there, he knows more about plants than anyone here exept Professor Sprout."

"Yeah, blimey Hermionie, I reckon he's smarter than you in that department," Ron sniggered.

"As I am concerned about Luna at the moment, I suppose I'll let that go. For now."

"Oh, I'm so scared," Ron retorted, though he did seem a little warier as they ascended the stairs outside of the Great Hall.

"Ronald, you are such an idiot," snapped Ginny.

"Watch it, or I might just decide to tell mum that you and Harry have been doing more than snogging."

"But we haven't!" Harry interjected, alarmed.

"Good answer. And you had better not, either," said Ron, narrowly missing running head-on into a suit of armor.

"Filthy hypocrite," whispered Ginny under her breath, just loud enough for Harry to hear, who laughed and glanced over at Hermionie, who must have heard, because wore a look as if to say, You must be kidding.

A minute later, they had approached the hospital wing, where Madam Pomfrey admitted them and went back into her office, a generally good sign for Luna.

They spotted her immediately, for Neville was standing over her bed, looking concerned and a bit shocked. Still wearing her turnip earrings, she looked as she usually did, like she just stepped out of The Quibbler.

"How is she?" Hermionie asked gently.

"Pomfrey says she'll recover in no time, she's just resting now. She was up for a few minutes earlier, long enough to recount the story to the staff that were here," said Neville, and he paused for a moment.

"And?" Harry urged.

"She said that a young girl had delivered a package from her father, a present intended for Dumbledore, because apparently she had told him he was recovering from a nasty bout of something called... Quipstweak Flu? Anyway, it was a Mimblionis Lavarta, and I tried to warn her when I saw her with it but, um, I was too late. It started to strangle her."

"Interesting...so someone is trying to kill Dumbledore? That would fit..." Harry finished quietly to himself, thinking. Everyone else tried to ignore his speculating. This had been going on far too long, with no progress.

"Harry, it's getting late, why don't we head to the common room?" said Ginny kindly, as if to distract him.

"What? Yeah, alright..." he said, and they went on ahead, with the assurance that the rest would be along shortly.

"Harry, I've heard you ranting about this Malfoy thing, and I want you to know, I support you, but please, be careful and listen to Dumbledore," Ginny said once they were out of earshot, "he knows what he's doing."

"Ginny, don't worry, I've got other things on my mind, I can't let Malfoy ruin my time with you or anything else, if that's what you're on about."

"No, Harry, that's not what concerns me, I'm not that selfish," she offered, trying to avoid conflict, "I just know you a little better than you want to believe. We all do."

"Thanks, Ginny. I'm a little tired. I think I'll head on up." They had reached the common room.

"You aren't going to leave me here without a goonight kiss, are you?" she teased playfully.

"Wouldn't dream of it, miss."

And he didn't.
Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear