Search:

SIYE Time:9:19 on 19th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Three Deadly Sins Of Mr Potter
By Emjay

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All, All
Genres: Angst
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 8
Summary: Lust, Envy, Pride and Mr Potter. How Harry and Ginny cope with three of the seven deadly sins.

Hitcount: Story Total: 4177



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
I actually wrote this a really long time ago! I just found it recently and wanted to share it :)




ChapterPrinter


Pride / Vanity

("Vanity, or pride, is excessive belief in one's own abilities....it has been called the sin from with which all others arise")



Harry

Harry Potter had always known Ginny Weasley liked him. Ever since the day they met on the platform. It was the way she looked at him. The way she blushed when he spoke to her. The way he would catch her looking at him. It was there in the softness of her voice, and the few times they touched, in the smoothness of her skin. He had to admit, while he claimed that it embarrassed him and made him feel uncomfortable, he actually secretly liked the attention more than he let on.

Ginny

Ginny Weasley had decided that she had given up on Harry Potter.

Yes, she thought, watching him across the Gryffindor table, this time I have well and truly given up.

She had been pining over him for as long as she could remember - so much so that it was a running joke with her brothers. She was used to them teasing her, but as she got older she wanted to be known less and less as 'the one that loves Harry Potter'.

Pride told her she was more than that.

Harry

It wasn't as though Harry wanted for attention. He actually grew tired of his famous name, and felt burdened by it constantly. But female attention was something that interested him more and more as he got older, and no female paid more attention to him than Ginny Weasley. He felt almost invincible in her eyes, like he could do or say anything. She seemed to be everywhere he turned. She showed up at all of his Quidditch matches, and even some of the practice sessions. She sat close to him at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall. He felt a quiver of triumph run through him when he caught her staring at him in the library, and he had even found himself deliberately bumping into her in the hallways, idly wondering if that small amount of physical contact would play on her mind for the rest of the week.

Ginny

She watched him casually, saw the way he ate and laughed with Ron. She bit her lip and looked down at her food.

He doesn't even know you exist, she thought to herself bitterly, and she marvelled at how different it sounded coming from her, rather than one of her brothers. It wasn't as though this was the first time she had heard these words. It wasn't even like it was the first time she had said that to herself, had made that promise to forget about him and move on. Her past was littered with Harry Potter - loving him, not loving him, hating him, forgiving him, pining for him, trying to forget him.

Harry

Although he didn't believe he felt the same way about her that she obviously felt for him, he had found himself revelling more and more in the attention. It was almost like basking in the warm glow of the sun. He would watch her, observe her, and he even found himself wanting to know more about her. He could never ask Ron. With Ron, Ginny was just someone that Harry was embarrassed to talk about, and that Ron and the other Weasley boys teased him about mercilessly. Ron would never know how much he thought about her, thinking about him.

Ginny

She looked over at him again, taking in his clear, relaxed face talking to her brother.

She moved her eyes from his unruly, jet- black hair to his glasses reflecting the light of the hundreds of candles suspended from the roof of the great hall. So often he seemed to use them as a shield to keep other people out.

Well I can do that too. I can keep people out just as well as you can Harry Potter.

As if he heard her say his name, he looked over at her suddenly. The both sat there, staring at each other for what seemed like an eternity. Then Harry gave her a slow, lazy smile and went back to talking to Ron.

Ginny sat there for a long while, watching him, as though an invisible length of cord was relentlessly pulling her gaze towards him. How many times had this happened? That she had made a pact with herself and yet something always stopped her.

She sighed and finally looked away. This was going to be a lot harder than she thought.



Envy

("Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities or situation")



Harry

He watches the tall, lithe boy enter the classroom, his hair a sleek, silvery blonde, his eyes cold and clear.

Harry watches, transfixed, vaguely aware that Ron is talking next to him. It occurs to him as the boy enters the classroom that he too is ignoring his companions, but Harry can hardly blame him for that. Harry would ignore Crabbe and Goyle too if he were Draco Malfoy.

If he was Draco Malfoy. The thought caused a shiver to ripple up and down his spine. Funny how his name rolled off your tongue like honey, tasting like a sweet sort of poison.

Such a thought repulsed and yet excited him at the same time. Draco Malfoy was a bad seed, there was no escaping that fact. He and Harry had been bitter rivals since they both started at Hogwarts five years ago. Draco was cold, aloof, manipulative. But he didn't have to hide it. He didn't have to pretend. He didn't have to mask those things that made him who he was. That made him as human as the next person. He was just flawed. He was allowed to be flawed.

Harry felt a surge go through him, violent and bright like lightening. Draco didn't have to be anything other than what he was. That was something that Harry longed for. Sick and tired of being defined by everyone else's ideas of who he was, Harry longed to let down his guard and be who he knew he was. Yes he was brave, and yes he could be very strong when he needed to be but he never thought of himself as a hero.

He had come into the wizarding world with no knowledge other than the fact that everyone knew more about him than he did.

But even they couldn't know everything there was to know.

For instance, no one would know that he was envious of the way he saw girls looking at Draco. Not with awe, like they looked at the famous Harry Potter. But with want and something Harry was learning to recognise as desire. While this had never really bothered him before, it was starting to the older he got. The only girl that really came close to looking at him in that way was Ginny Weasley, but even she was at a loss around Draco, something that also, surprisingly enough, filled him with jealousy.

He felt uncomfortable suddenly, thinking that Ginny thought about Draco the same way other girls did. Ginny was supposed to love Harry, pine after Harry. Not stammer and blush and laugh nervously whenever Draco talked to her. He felt anger charge through him. He didn't understand the power Draco had over people. But he guessed that there was something oddly intriguing about someone who was so confident. Someone who didn't have to impress anyone but managed to impress everyone.

If Draco wanted to be mean, he could. If Draco wanted to tell bloody Colin Creevy to piss off and stick the camera where the sun doesn't shine, he could. If Draco wanted Ginny Weasley he could get her. But if he didn't he could tell her to get lost. If Draco didn't feel like saving the day, no one expected him to. He didn't have the weight of the wizarding world resting squarely on his shoulders. It made it all the more frustrating when Malfoy accused him of going after the publicity and fame that seemed to surround him, because he knew he didn't want it.

Harry suspected that Lucius Malfoy's expectations of his son was a heavy enough burden, but even that caused a well of jealousy to percolate inside him. He'd settle for that. He could handle that.

Harry watches as Draco sits down at his desk, feeling his stomach knot tightly.

Draco didn't have to be the Boy Who Lived. Draco Malfoy was simply a boy who was allowed to live.

Ginny

Envy was a not a new emotion for Ginny.

As she got older, lots of things she experienced she experienced for the first time, but the feeling of envy - the tight feeling in her chest, the blood boiling inside her slowly, this wasn't new.

When she was younger, she would be jealous of what she didn't even fully understand. She knew she liked Harry, and consequently felt envious of the girls in his class, the girls she would see him speak to. Her feelings for Harry weren't clear to her, were no more than fodder for her older brother's to tease her.

But as she got older, she began to understand her feelings more. As her intensity for Harry Potter grew, so too did her envy for those around him. That took for granted being close to him. There were even times when Ginny would start to feel jealous of Draco Malfoy, because she saw Harry's hatred of him as being a more involved emotion than the ambivalence he showed her.

Her envy had reached a fever pitch when Harry starting liking Cho Chang, Ravenclaw's popular Seeker. Cho was everything Ginny wasn't - beautiful, popular, confident. Whenever Ginny would see her, she would feel a sharp pang in her chest, her mind frought with images of Harry and Cho together. Triumph, sharp and bright as the envy that proceeded it, coursed through her when they didn't end up going out.

But now, older and wiser, she had finally made up her mind to forget about Harry Potter.

The envy would still always be there, she knew that. Bubbling away under the surface where no one could touch it. Buried deep beneath the feelings that she had for him - all the things he had said, all the looks he had given her. They remained as untouchable as he seemed to be.

She began to wonder what it would be like when eventually Harry Potter did find someone. How palpable her jealousy would be then. She didn't like to think about it. Her jealousy may be closely guarded but it was still raw and real and she could still feel it enveloping her when she saw him with someone, even when she saw him talking to Hermione after class one afternoon. Irrationally and jealousy go hand in hand, and although she knew that Hermione liked her brother Ron, she still found herself bunching her hands at her sides, forcing breath in and out of her lungs.

Ginny Weasley decided that it was a very good idea to try to forget Harry Potter, before he swallowed her whole.



Lust

("Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body")



Harry

It was a sweltering hot day, and everyone had been let out of class early. Students from every year sought shelter in the trees in the centre courtyard. Harry, who had just been to see Fred and George about training, walked over to where Ron sat with Hermione. He had taken off his robe, as had everyone else, but was instead using it as a prop in an impersonation of Professor Snape. Hermione, who didn't share the boy's intense hatred of their potions teacher, was politely but unsuccessfully trying not to laugh.

Harry took off his own robe as he walked over. He said hello to them both before thudding onto the grass beside Hermione. He loosened his tie and, watching Ron half-heartedly, started to undo the top few buttons of his shirt. Laying back on his hands, he watched the students dragging themselves across the sweltering hot field.

It was then that she c aught his attention.

Ginny Weasely was walking across the courtyard with a friend that Harry didn't recognise. The sweltering hot air was seething off the pavement, making a shimmer cast over her legs as she walked.

Harry coughed slightly and looked at Ron, who was now doing Professor Sprout. His eyes flickered back to where Ginny had now stopped. Thinking it safe to look, Harry let his eyes travel slowly up her body. The shimmer from the pavement made her slender legs shine, the skin looking smooth and soft. Her skirt was very short, and Harry made a mental note to subtly tell Ron he should mention something about that to her.

Feeling quite surprised at the direction his mind was taking him, his eyes travelled higher to where her white school shirt clung to her body, her long, red hair trailing down her back. He felt his face go red, and he could feel beads of sweat pooling just above his top lip. He felt a delicious sense of irony as his heart suddenly begin to pick up speed as she moved in seeming slow motion, the hair swishing slightly against her back. His mind was racing almost as fast as his heart, and he began to wonder if she had sweat trailing down her back under all that hair and the thin material of her shirt. Images flashed through his head faster than he could make sense of them, and he cleared his throat again, feeling his shirt clinging to his own back. He could make out the outline of her body, slender but a lot more mature than he remembered it.

He had never felt anything as intense as this before, and as he rolled his sleeves up the touch of his skin against the hot skin of his forearm almost made him jump. Every nerve ending was alive, his veins pulsating with lust, pushing it through his body as though it were his own blood. He felt himself get hard, harder as he looked over and saw her laugh. Harry quickly but with forced subtly moved his robes over his lap. Luckily, Ron was still halfway through his impersonations. From the looks of it, he was up to McGonagall.

Affording himself another look, Harry watched as Ginny moved, giving him his first proper look at her face. He chewed the inside of his lip thoughtfully, watching her eyes squint in the intense sunshine, her lips full and pink. He felt the skin beneath his fingers tingle and itch, and he ran his tongue slowly over his lower lip. If his thoughts weren't interesting before, they certainly were now.

He was jolted back to reality when he saw everyone start to move back towards the castle. He stood up slowly, keeping his robes pressed firmly against him, still watching Ginny thoughtfully as she walked with her friend across the courtyard. He felt Ron punch him playfully in the arm, and he turned and smiled at his friends, following them into the castle, willing his heartbeat to slow down.

Ginny

Ginny muttered the password under her breath and walked into the Gryffindor common room silently. It was way past bedtime, and she knew that if anyone caught her she would have a lot to answer for.

She was so silent, so careful, she heard him breathing before she saw him.

The common room was deserted save for Harry, lying peacefully on the sofa closest to the fire. The warm glow illuminated his face and his outline, and Ginny heard herself intake sharply. Biting her lip, she stood frozen to the spot, drinking in the image in front of her.

Harry was lying on his back, his head propped up against the arm of the chair. One arm was carelessly bent over his forehead, the other lying across his stomach. One of his feet was placed flat on the sofa, his knee bent, while the other, the one closest to her, was stretched out in front of him. He was still in his uniform, his shirt partly undone at the collar, and she took note of the smooth skin of his neck and the top of his chest it revealed. The untucked corner of his crisp white shirt contrasted with the dark material of his pants, and Ginny felt herself flush when her eyes travelled down along his hips and over his legs.

The flames from the fireplace crackled and sprinkled the air near him with embers, giving him an almost ethereal glow. She could feel her breathing quicken as the soft light licked his face, and she longed to reach out and caress the warm skin. He slept peacefully, his mouth slightly parted, and Ginny felt instinct awaken in her, begging her to reach out and touch him in some way, any way.

Harry moved suddenly, just slightly, and Ginny's eyes were drawn to the arm slung over his forehead. She could see the muscles move underneath his smooth skin, the flames taunting her and caressing his forearm. The blood was pumping loudly in her veins now and she could hear it echoing loudly in her ears. She worried that over the silence of the room he would hear it and wake up, and right now all she wanted to do was stare.

A noise from upstairs startled her, and she heard Harry moan slightly in his sleep. A heady mixture of fear and excitement pulsated through her. She'd never heard a noise like that before. It had been a deep, low moan, from somewhere deep in his throat. Ginny felt a wave of dizziness hit her as she began to imagine all sorts of interesting scenarios where he could be convinced to make that noise again. She revelled in her body's blissful ignorance of everything her mind had made up earlier.

The flames from the open fireplace that shone and reflected every inch of him took other forms in her mind - the tips of her fingers, her palms, her mouth...

The room started to feel hotter, and the distance between them seemed far too great. Ginny stood there, torn between reason and this new feeling that seemed far more exciting.

So much for forgetting about him, she thought, and had to stop herself from laughing out loud.

Another noise from upstairs brought her reluctantly back to reality, and she silently tip toed past the sofa towards the staircase.

Ginny turned back once more and took him in, sleeping peacefully. She wondered what he was dreaming about.

She smiled to herself as she walked upstairs. She certainly knew what she would be thinking about.
Reviews 8
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear