Search:

SIYE Time:10:32 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Why Him?
By random92

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:All, All
Genres: Angst, Fluff, General
Warnings: Death, Extreme Language, Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 66
Summary: Voldemort is dead! The war is over. Harry has to deal with the aftermath of the war, and all the repercussions that has for him, as he takes up the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor at Hogwarts.
Hitcount: Story Total: 14348



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is my first ever fanfic, so any reviews would be much appreciated. I've written more chapters, so they'll be appearing shortly. Thanks to my beta Tom, without whom, i couldn't have done this




ChapterPrinter


With a loud CRACK, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley and Ginny Weasley Apparated into the reception area of St Mungo’s Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries, supporting an unconscious Harry Potter. Blood was soaking through Harry’s robes and pouring onto the floor, causing a large, deep red puddle to start forming at the feet of the teenagers. Hermione, Ron and Ginny were covered with bruises and also some more severe looking cuts to the face and neck, but none seemed to be concerned by the pain they were in, as all three were concentrating on supporting Harry’s limp form, or offering words of encouragement to him, regardless of the fact he clearly couldn’t hear them.


Three Healers came running towards the group, all pulling out their wands as they ran. The eldest, a woman, tapped her wand to Harry’s forehead and muttered something. She looked at the other two Healers and nodded. One of the Healers ripped open the centre of Harry’s robes, revealing a deep, long gash running from his left collarbone down to the right side of his stomach. Blood squirted all over the front of the Healer’s pristine white robes. All three Healers reacted instantly, holding their wands over the wound, and muttering more incantations. The blood stopped spraying everywhere, instead replaced by a small dribble. The Healers levitated Harry up the staircase, in a hurry, to one of the wards on the upper floors.


A fourth Healer approached the trio. He was in his mid twenties, with straw coloured hair, which sat untidily on his head. His hazel eyes swept over them, before he asked in a rough voice which didn’t seem to match of his physical appearance,
“Are any of you injured?” The trio all shrugged, clearly deeming their injuries too insignificant to take up this Healer’s time. He seemed to understand, and gave them each one last look, before waving his wand over all three of them. At once, their cuts began to seal, and the bruises seemed to fade. All three muttered,
“Thanks.” The healer smiled, before turning on his heels, and disappearing down a corridor to the left.


A loud CRACK behind the trio made them all start. A squeal escaped from Hermione, and Ginny looked like she’d almost jumped out of her skin. The rest of the Weasley family had Apparated into the reception area. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley looked a little harassed, but otherwise unharmed. Bill, with an exhausted Fleur in his arms, also appeared to be fine. Charlie was shooting furtive glances at Percy, as if unsure of what he was doing there. Fred and George, who had wide, mischievous grins on their faces, said,
“Did we scare you at all, oh great ones?”


Ron looked pleased, Hermione indifferent, and Ginny said.
“Oh, shove off you two.”


Moving together, they approached the reception desk, but a Healer intercepted them before they reached it. He looked stressed and said quickly,
“Harry Potter? Follow me. He’s in the VIP ward. No doubt everyone is going to want to know what he’s been doing this time, and we thought it’d be better for everyone that he was allowed some space, given the severity of his condition.”


Mrs. Weasley, Ginny, and Hermione, all looked horrified, but it was Mr. Weasley who spoke first. “How bad is it?”


The Healer didn’t answer, but sped up, climbing the stairs three at a time, leaving the others running to catch up. The Healer stopped at the fourth floor landing, followed by the group, who were all out of breath. He motioned towards a door down a corridor to his right.
“That’s the VIP waiting room. I’m afraid that you can’t see Mr. Potter yet. He’s still in a critical condition, but I can assure you, that our best Healers are in there at the moment. They’ll most certainly be able to fix him up; it’s only a matter of time.”


The Weasleys and Hermione were led into the waiting room, and then settled themselves into various arm chairs and sofas. Ginny burst out into silent tears, almost as soon as she sat down. Hermione pulled her into a tight hug, and whispered into her ear,
“I’m sure he’ll be fine. Harry always is. He’s just defeated the most powerful dark wizard ever; recovering in hospital will be a walk in the park.” Ginny smiled, and let out a watery giggle. Hermione continued, “He’ll come back, for you. I know you don’t agree, but he loves you, I’m sure of it, and there will be a time when both of you are going to have to face up to that fact.”


Ginny withdrew, and a scowl crossed her face. She got up, and shuffled over to her mum. She said, very quietly, so only Mrs. Weasley could hear,
“Can I go home, mum? I don’t want to sit around here waiting to see if he’s fine. He’ll get better; he doesn’t need me to be here.”


Mrs. Weasley looked taken aback for a split second, before nodding. She pulled out her wand and offered her arm to Ginny, who took it. With that, the pair Disapparated.


Back at The Burrow, Ginny practically sprinted up the stairs, then, about ten seconds later, Mrs Weasley heard the unmistakable sound of a door slamming. She thought about going upstairs, but apparently decided her daughter needed some space, so, with one last glance up the stairs, Mrs. Weasley Apparated back to the hospital.


In her room, Ginny flung herself onto her bed, just as her mum Disapparated. She heard the telltale CRACK, and knew for sure, that she was finally alone. She buried her head in her pillow, and then screamed out, ‘The war is over, and yet I’m still being hurt. All the pain was supposed to go away once Voldemort was dead. Harry could’ve been out of my life forever, but no, he has to go and get himself almost killed, meaning mum is going to make him come back here, until he can come up with another excuse to leave without saying goodbye.’ With those thoughts, Ginny succumbed to more tears. Ginny was lost in her thoughts for what seemed like hours, until she heard the creak of floorboards just outside her bedroom door. There was a faint knock, and Hermione’s voice said,
“Ginny, are you alright in there? Can I come in?” Ginny didn’t answer, hoping Hermione would go away, but instead, she heard the doorknob turning, and a familiar groan as the door swung open.


Hermione stepped over the threshold gingerly, unsure of how she would be greeted. Ginny looked up from her pillow but didn’t say anything. Hermione sat on the end of Ginny’s bed and pulled her up into a tight hug.
“It’s going to take time Ginny. So much has happened over this last year. I can’t imagine what’s been happening to you, but it’s all over now. Everything can go back to the way it should be.”


Ginny flared up at this,
“OF COURSE YOU DON’T BLOODY KNOW WHAT'S BEEN HAPPENING TO ME. YOU’VE BEEN OFF WITH HARRY AND RON, PLAYING THE HEROES, WHILST I GOT LEFT HERE! HE MADE ME FEEL WORTHLESS WHEN HE LEFT THE WAY HE DID, AND DON’T START TALKING TO ME ABOUT THE WAY THINGS SHOULD BE. I SHOULD BE WITH HARRY, BUT I’M NOT. HE’S RUINED EVERYTHING.” She couldn’t continue, as she broke down into more tears.


Hermione pulled Ginny into a tighter embrace. The two girls just sat there, Ginny sobbing uncontrollably, whilst Hermione comforted her. It was several minutes before Hermione got up, announcing that she had to get back to St Mungo’s.

Ginny nodded, and asked Hermione if she could tell the others that she was fine, but just needed some space.


Hermione said,
“Of course, and I’m sure they’ll understand.” With that Hermione Disapparated with a loud CRACK. Ginny stared at the spot where her best friend had just vanished. She lay back down, and was once again lost in thought. ‘Maybe she’s right. She normally is. Maybe things really will sort themselves out, but Harry most certainly won’t be in my future any more.’


A second, new voice started to speak from the depths of her subconscious. ‘Why won’t Harry by in your future? You know you want him to be there, even if you are so angry at him for leaving you like that. You’ve loved him since you were eleven years old, and nothing he can do will change that.’

“We’ll see about that,” Ginny muttered, as she rolled onto her side, and fell into an uneasy sleep.
Reviews 66
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear