Search:

SIYE Time:9:06 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Blond Man
By Fire_kei

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/PM
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 14
Summary: It is the wedding of two-thirds of the golden trio, yet Ginny is sitting at the bar, looking for a raven haired boy. Is all what it seems?
Hitcount: Story Total: 5473



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work. This is her world, I just play in it while she isn't looking



Author's Notes:
This is my first post. I hope you all like it.




ChapterPrinter


Ginny Weasley sat at the bar, watching the newlyweds walk into the ball room in the center of London. It was a big deal when two thirds of the trio that destroyed Voldemort married. Hermione and Ron were smiling bigger then when they announced their engagement. Again, Ginny searched in vain, and did not see the wild black hair of someone who should have definitly been here. The Chosen One, Harry Potter

Harry, who had become a famous Auror, had left to America nearly two years ago. It was right after Ginny's twentieth birthday. They had had a huge fight, and she had left him when Harry had told her. He had left the next day, to take on a Witch who was nearly as Dark and Evil as Voldemort himself.

Ginny hated the fact that the last thing she had said to Harry in over two years was that she never wanted to see him again, and wouldn't be upset if he died.

Ginny kept looking around, but couldn't find him. She turned back to the bar, and called for another shot of firewhisky. She drank it down in one shot.

"Nice shot, there, Miss Weasley."

Ginny turned to see a slightly familiar face, but Ginny couldn't but his face to the name. He was blond, his hair cut short. His eyes were the same emerald green as Harry's, but he didn't have his hair, his scar or his glasses.

"Well, I suppose. You are?"

"So who are you looking for?" he asked, without answering her question.

"The most famous git in the world." she said, growling, calling for another fire whisky

The blond man called for one as well. "Sorry, I have been out of the country for a couple of years, who is that?"

Ginny laughed. "Why, the boy who lived."

The blond man smiled. "So that’s what they call him now?"

"No, just me. He is missing his best friend's wedding."

“Isn’t he in the States, working on a case? And why are you drinking alone. Where is your fiancé?”

Ginny scowled at the man, but twirled the ring on her left hand around. “I left the second biggest git in the world a few days ago. He just couldn’t wait a few more months. Couldn’t keep it in his pants.”

“Why you still wearing his ring, then?”
Ginny smiled a bit, and turned to face the blond man. “I kept it on to keep guys like you away, but I see that is doesn’t work as well as I hoped.”

The blond man smiled. “Well, I am faltered that you think I am interested. I, just a lowly man in the presence of the most beautiful witch who has ever played professionally, and was able to fight the way you did back during the war.”

Ginny blushed, and took another shot of the Firewhiskey. Ginny turned back to the two newlyweds who were talking to her parents. “You know, I almost had that.” She said, pointing to Ron and Hermione.

“I am really sorry about that idiot you were engaged to.” Said the blond man, and for a moment, his voice carried that wonderful quality that Harry had when he was trying to comfort her.

“No not with him, with Potter. He and I were together, well, on and off, since my fifth year at Hogwarts. I am pretty sure he wanted to marry me, but I he and I got into a fight when he accepted the assignment to the states. It was pretty bad. I told him that I never wanted to see him again, and that I wouldn’t cry if he died. I regretted it the next day, but when I went to go find him, he had already left.” Ginny called for another shot. “I spent weeks trying to contact him, but it wasn’t any good. When Ron was attacked, he came over for a few hours, to make sure that he was okay, and to calm Hermione down. When I found out, I disapparated in the middle of a game, but he was gone before I got there.” Ginny smiled to herself and the blond man laughed.

“I read about that game. They said it was because you just had gotten word that your brother had been attacked. I am glad that I know the real reason.”

“Yeah, but if you tell anyone, I will hex you into next month. Anyway, I met Greg around that time, and he helped me out. Most of the family liked him, although my mum always thought I should have made my peace with Harry. I didn’t really love Greg, it was just that he was there, and so many of my friends were getting married. One of my friends from school was killed two weeks after his wedding. He was an Auror, and I was glad that Greg was not in that line of work. Rather have a beater then an Auror. I had gotten over Harry, or so I thought.” Ginny took her third shot. “Except for a few days ago, when the rumor was that Harry had been killed in a large fight over in the States. I blew off Greg on the day he was taking me to meet his family, and he found me, clutching a picture of Harry, whispering his name in my sleep. That’s when he decided that he was just going to go and hook up with one of his old flames.” Ginny laughed, but this time, there was no mirth in it. “That damn Potter ruined my life, just by people reporting he was dead.”

“Ruined your life?” asked the blond man.

“Yup, I realized I still loved him, even if he was a noble bastard that always ran off to help save the world. He was the type of man I always wanted. He was the man I loved since I was ten.” Ginny smiled. “And when I was ready to tell him all of this, tonight, He doesn’t show. I know he is alive. He sent a note to Ron, and he said that he wouldn’t miss their wedding for anything, but he hasn’t shown.” Ginny smiled to the blond man. “It’s the drink that has me talking, not those wonderful green eyes of yours. Don’t take this the wrong way, but you just aren’t my type of guy.”

“What’s your type of guy?” asked the blond man.

“A famous Auror who survived two killing curses, saves me from a Basilisk, and helped rid the world of evil idiots who weren’t hugged enough as kids.” Ginny said, smiling. “Now if you excuse me, I have to say hello to the newlyweds.” Ginny tried to get up, but stumbled. The blond man held her arm, and she steadied.

“Let me at least walk you over to them. I do have to say hello myself.” He smiled, and again, for a moment, the man reminded Ginny of Harry. But it couldn’t be him. His scar could not be hidden by any magical means, and the man did not use glasses. Ginny nodded, and the blond man held out his arm and helped Ginny towards Ron and Hermione.

As they approached, Hermione saw them first and ran towards the blond man, and flung her arms around him. “You made it. I have been trying to find you all night.” Hermione turned towards her new husband. “Ron, look I’ve found.”

Ron turned and smiled at the blond man. Ginny’s jaw had dropped. Ginny knew all of Hermione’s friends, and anyone she would be this happy to see Ginny should know by name. Worse, it was Ron’s hug of the blond man that had her stunned near to collapse.

The blond man smile. “I am sorry I am in disguise. Most people don’t know I’m back, and I don’t want your wedding ruined by me showing up. It’s high time you two get the recognition you have both deserved. Without you and Hermione, I would have never made it through everything.”

“I know, mate, and I understand. I’m glad you were here. You would never believe she went through with it without watching it with our own eyes.”

“Ron, shh,” said Hermione. “Ginny, you okay?”

“Oh she is fine, Hermione. I think she just figured out who I am. I am telling you, that idea to use muggle makeup to hide my scar was priceless. Now, you two, go dance, have fun. You both deserve this.” The blond man hugged Ron, and kissed Hermione on the check. He turned to Ginny. “Have a good night, Miss Weasley.” The blond man turned and walked towards the exit. Hermione gave a long searching look at her sister-in-law.

Ginny turned to her. “That, was that?” Ginny stammered.

“Yes, Gin. That was the man that you have pined for since you were ten, and tonight is probably your last chance before losing him for good. You still haven’t apologized.” Hermione smiled. “Go. Your brother and I shouldn’t be the only ones to be happy tonight. Go.”

Ginny looked from Hermione to Ron. He nodded at her and smiled. “Go. Take care of him. He was always watched over you.”


Harry Potter walked out of the building and through the streets of Downtown London. With a flick of his wand, his hair went back to its natural color and length, and his glasses repapered on his face. He was glad to have them back; the glasses worked much better then the charm he had used to fix his eyesight. As he walked quietly down the street, Harry pondered all that had happened between himself and Ginny. He still loved that little redhead, but he had accepted that they would never be together. They both wanted the same thing, a safe place for their family to live, but Harry wanted that for all people. He remembered the words he had told Lupin at Grimmauld place at the start of his hunt for the Horcruxes. “Parents shouldn’t leave their kids unless they need to.” Harry had resigned, after his fight with Ginny that Harry wouldn’t have kids, and protect those of his friends, so none would have to live like he did. Again, Harry’s thoughts wandered to Ginny. He had wanted to kiss her, to tell her how sorry he was, but her confession was a lot of information to sort through. As he walked, Harry thought he heard something.

Again, Harry heard a scream, and he stopped walking. He heard the scream for a third time, and recognized it.

It was Ginny.

Harry turned and ran back towards the reception. He ran all out, his years of training helping him push harder and faster. He turned the corner, and saw Ginny trying to rip her arm away from some large man who had the build of a Beater. Harry recognized him immediately as Greg Feston, the Beater for Pudlemere United, and Ginny’s ex-fiancé.

“Let go of me. I told you to leave me be. Go back to that harlot of a woman.” Ginny yelled at the man. The large man punched her in the face. That was the trigger for Harry. He took out his wand. “Petrificus Totalus” Harry’s jinx hit the man squarely in the back. Harry took his time in walking over to the man. He bent low to check on Ginny, who lay crumpled on the floor. “You alright?” He asked her. She nodded shakily. “Hold this.” Harry handed her his wand. She looked at him questionably.

Harry stood and faced the man. He withdrew Greg’s wand from a pocket in his cloak, used it to unfreeze the man, and then tossed it aside. With the same movement Harry had used to cast the counter-jinx and to throw away the wand, Harry hit the man on the jaw with a fist. He swung and hit the man with another, and then kicked him in the chest.

Greg staggered back. Huffing he looked at Harry, with the red-eyed look of a drunk. “Come to take back your bitch then?” He asked. Harry punched him again, and then a forth time, then a fifth.

“No. I don’t just like drunken gits hitting women. Now, get the hell out of here.” Harry looked over his shoulder to Ginny, “Before she realizes you are wandless and has a turn on you.” Harry kicked the man’s wand towards him. “Now, go, before I get my wand and really have a turn on you, and I dare you to try something stupid, when the rest of the Weasley family has their wands pointed at you, and the bride seems a little upset you interrupted her night, and she can be quite mean when she wants to.”

The entire Weasley family, and the wives, had their wands pointed at the drunken man. The sight seemed to have sobered him up, and he grabbed his wand and disapparated. Harry smiled at the Weasleys. “See, every time I show up, there is always trouble.” Harry turned and knelt at Ginny’s side. “You alright? I can take care of that if you give me back my wand.” She smiled her thanks and hand him back his holly wand.

“Why didn’t you use your wand?” She asked as he worked on her swollen jaw.

“I would have used the cruciatus curse on him. I probably would have been worth it, but I felt like physically kicking his happy arse around the floor for a few.” Harry smiled.

Ginny looked up into his emerald eyes. “You do have a slight tendency of saving me. Do you like me still, Mr. Potter?”

“No.” Harry said, and held out his hands to help her up. She was a little shocked as he turned to leave again. She stood quietly, her mother at her side as Harry walked farther down to the street. Ginny felt the tears starting to well up in her eyes as she felt her only chance of happiness turn to walk away. As he turned to get one last glimpse of all of them, he said, rather subdued, “I love you, Ginny. I have only loved you. I really wish we could have been together, but you deserve someone who is by your side, not,” he smiled and looked dead in her eyes, “What was it again? ‘A noble bastard that always ran off to help save the world.’” Harry’s eyes darkened again as the smile faded away, and Harry Potter turned to leave.

Inside Ginny, there was a war brewing. A part of her told her that it could never work, that she deserved more then a man who would get himself killed. The other part, the part that had fought next to him at the ministry, at Hogwarts, in the little skirmishes after the war, the part that was all Gryffindor, all Weasley, the part that had kissed Harry in her fifth year, the part that had been dormant for so long, yelled at her to run after him.

Ginny ran after Harry, calling his name. He stopped and turned to face her. Ginny threw her arm around his neck, kissing him. Ginny felt Harry turn on the spot and they both disapparated.


Hermione looked on as the two disappeared. “Alright, pay up Weasleys.” Hermione looked at her new family. “All of you boys owe us, what was it ladies, a whole week of chores? I told you she would run into his arms. Now, can we go back inside?”
Reviews 14
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear