Search:

SIYE Time:3:10 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Stumbling Upon Perfect
By ginnyweasley777

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley
Genres: Drama, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 23
Summary: ***ABANDONED***Harry Potter wasn’t famous and he was just a normal boy with an unfortunate past, raised by his godfather. He didn’t go to Hogwarts and never met the Weasley’s, but what happens when he meets Ginny? A chance encounter, who knows where it can lead. A Harry/Ginny romance story.
Hitcount: Story Total: 8168; Chapter Total: 2814





Author's Notes:
I'm sorry for the delay in updating but I've been bogged down with exams and revision. I hope to get another chapter up before my exams start next month though. A big thank you to everyone who reviewed chapter one. I appreciate your reviews and I take your comments on board. ~ Hannah




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 2: A Memorable Date


There was a feeling of both excitement and nervousness inside me all through the rest of the weekend as I thought about my upcoming date with Harry and it seemed as though the clock was moving agonisingly slow as the hands crept their way towards Monday.

Monday did eventually come and I waited through the entire day at the hospital for four thirty to finally arrive, luckily there was plenty of things to keep my mind occupied though. Quickly, I made my way downstairs and into the reception to find Harry waiting for me, leaning casually against the wall opposite the reception desk.

“Hi,” I said brightly as I walked up to him, taking in the way that his hair stuck up naturally and imagining what it would be like to run my fingers through it.

“Hi,” replied Harry, straightening up when he saw me. “How was your day?”

“Crazy!” I laughed. “You couldn’t even imagine some of the things that I’ve seen today. We‘ve had kids sprouting wings out of their backs and one man had a book that he couldn‘t stop reading - he literally had it glued to his face.”

Harry chuckled as we stepped outside and into Muggle London. We set off walking down the street, weaving through the few late-afternoon shoppers carrying their bags.

“Where do you want to go?” asked Harry as we crossed the road.

“I don’t mind where we go,” I replied, shrugging. “I don’t really know my way around here yet anyway.”

“There’s a park nearby, we could go for a walk,” suggested Harry.

“Okay,” I replied as we walked around the corner and set off down the next street.

It was only a short walk to the park and we wandered through it, talking about Harry’s Auror training, until we found a place to sit on a bench overlooking a large pond filled with ducks.

“You live with your family, is that right?” asked Harry as we sat down, our legs touching slightly.

“Yes, in Devon, but it’s only me, Ron, Mum and Dad at home now - all my other brothers have moved out. What about you?” I asked. “Do you still live with your godfather?”

“No,” replied Harry, “I got a flat last year when I started Auror training.” He went silent for a moment before continuing, “It must be brilliant to have such a big family.”

I turned in my seat to look at Harry and saw that he was staring at his hands and a frown had appeared on his face. I guessed that he was remembering his parents. Taking a deep breath, I reached over and placed my hand in Harry’s. He smiled at me and closed his hand around mine, making my breathing increase at the contact. I noticed how well my smaller hand seemed to fit into Harry’s, our fingers pleasantly entwined.

“It is most of the time,” I replied, “But then there are the times when I wish that I didn’t have any brothers at all.”

Harry laughed and I could feel warm tingles making their way down my back at the sound. “I’m glad you agreed to come out with me,” he said, “I was really nervous when I asked you - I‘ve never really had that much experience with girls.”

“Well, I’m glad you asked me,” I smiled.

We sat in companionable silence for several minutes more until a cold wind, sign of the coming winter, blew across the park, causing me to shiver and pull my coat tighter around myself.

“I’m sorry,” said Harry quickly, looking at the sky which was beginning to darken. “I didn’t realise how long we’ve been out here for.”

“It’s okay,” I replied, smiling. “I’m enjoying it.”

“Me too,” said Harry, “It’s been a while since I could laugh like this. The war…” He trailed off without finishing.

“You were involved?” I asked quietly.

Harry nodded. “Yeah, in a way.”

“So were we.” I got the feeling that Harry didn’t want to talk about it so I decided not to press him.

“I guess we should go,” said Harry.

“Yeah,” I agreed reluctantly, “My mum will be wondering where I am.”

“How are you getting home?” asked Harry.

“I normally Apparate,” I replied, “But I don’t know where I can Apparate from out here so I’ll just go to the Leaky Cauldron and Floo home.”

“Okay, I’ll walk with you - I only live round the corner from there,” said Harry.

We stood up from the bench and left the park, still holding hands. After several minutes, we arrived outside the Leaky Cauldron which stood invisible to the passing Muggles.

We stood outside the door in the almost deserted street, both unwilling to leave. I looked up at Harry to see him gazing intently down at me. Hesitantly, he lowered his head to mine and pressed his warm, slightly chapped lips against mine. I sighed with pleasure and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer as his hands found my waist.

Finally, after several long moments - or half and hour - or possibly several sunlit days, we broke apart as the need for air overcame us.

“What time do you finish tomorrow?” asked Harry, gazing intently into my eyes with his striking emerald ones.

“Same time,” I replied breathlessly.

“I’ll be there,” said Harry before kissing me again, more passionately this time. I ran my fingers through his hair, which was just as soft as I had imagined it to be.

We eventually broke apart and it was with great reluctance that I said, “I’ll have to go now, Harry.”

“Okay,” replied Harry, releasing me from his arms.

I stepped back from him and opened the door to the pub. Instead of walking in though, I looked back at Harry who was still stood where I had left him, tousle-haired and swollen-lipped. My eyes met his and I entered the pub and walked over to the fireplace, still in a daze from the mind blowing kisses which I had just received.

I only just managed to stutter out ‘The Burrow’ as I stepped into the green flames of the fire. Dizzy, I arrived home and stumbled out of the fireplace and onto the rug in the sitting room.

“Is that you, Ginny?” asked Mum as she entered the room. “I was expecting you ages ago, where have you been?”

“I fancied a walk,” I replied blithely. I mean, I wasn’t really lying to her, was I?

“Oh, okay then. Dinner will be ready soon,” replied Mum, apparently satisfied with my answer.

You see, the reason that I didn’t want my Mum, or any of my family for that matter, to find out about Harry yet is that Mum would start trying to monitor my every move. And my brothers, well, they’d just try to scare him off by having a little ‘chat’ with him. The only one who wouldn’t interfere was Dad. I could keep my brothers in check by threatening them with my Bat Bogey Hex, but Mum, I didn’t think I could cope with her. Merlin, I barely even knew Harry, had just experienced the best kisses of my whole life, and I was already worried about what my family would do. I was in deep, wasn’t I?
Reviews 23
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear